***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The offense better be licking it's lips with Ubaldo. A right handed pitcher who throws 95? That's right up their alley, and they better hit like it.

MY only issue about tomorrow is where I'm going to park my car outside my place without getting a ticket while I'm at the game. Thinkin I'm gonna use the school parking lot.[/quote]

Ubaldo throws harder than 95...he can get it up to 100 with movement. He is filthy. He can get a little wild at times, but if he's on, he is damn near unhittable. Hopefully he won't have his best stuff tomorrow.

I'll be in the Linc lot around noon. PM me if you want to stop over and hang out. We are always at K7, right across from mcfaddens, underneath the eagles video screen. We'll have plenty of beer.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    edited October 2009
    The Fixer wrote:
    The offense better be licking it's lips with Ubaldo. A right handed pitcher who throws 95? That's right up their alley, and they better hit like it.

MY only issue about tomorrow is where I'm going to park my car outside my place without getting a ticket while I'm at the game. Thinkin I'm gonna use the school parking lot.

Ubaldo throws harder than 95...he can get it up to 100 with movement. He is filthy. He can get a little wild at times, but if he's on, he is damn near unhittable. Hopefully he won't have his best stuff tomorrow.

I'll be in the Linc lot around noon. PM me if you want to stop over and hang out. We are always at K7, right across from mcfaddens, underneath the eagles video screen. We'll have plenty of beer.

Still though, high velocity right-handed pitchers should - key word being should - be right up their alley. This chance of 40 mph wind gusts could help us. Then again, it could help them as well...

Word on the location. I think we're gonna just drink at my place until like 145 and then come down to do the concession thing outside and then get in there to get LOUD for the game.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    The Fixer wrote:

MY only issue about tomorrow is where I'm going to park my car outside my place without getting a ticket while I'm at the game. Thinkin I'm gonna use the school parking lot.

Still though, high velocity right-handed pitchers should - key word being should - be right up their alley. This chance of 40 mph wind gusts could help us. Then again, it could help them as well...

Word on the location. I think we're gonna just drink at my place until like 145 and then come down to do the concession thing outside and then get in their to get LOUD for the game.

yeah, I hear ya...they are tailor made to crush hard throwing righties.

weather is supposed to be iffy tomorrow so I don't blame you for waiting to head down. Parking will be a mess though, so good luck with that.

I'm fired up...nothing better than playoff baseball. NOTHING!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Word on the location. I think we're gonna just drink at my place until like 145 and then come down to do the concession thing outside and then get in their to get LOUD for the game.

weather is supposed to be iffy tomorrow so I don't blame you for waiting to head down. Parking will be a mess though, so good luck with that.

I'm fired up...nothing better than playoff baseball. NOTHING!!

You got that right!

Meh. It's all about FDR - FDR is the key. It's a straight 5 minute drive down 20th St. from my house to the park.
    I'll be in the Linc lot around noon. PM me if you want to stop over and hang out. We are always at K7, right across from mcfaddens, underneath the eagles video screen. We'll have plenty of beer.[/quote]

Word on the location. I think we're gonna just drink at my place until like 145 and then come down to do the concession thing outside and then get in their to get LOUD for the game.[/quote]

I'm fired up...nothing better than playoff baseball. NOTHING!![/quote]

You got that right!

Meh. It's all about FDR - FDR is the key. It's a straight 5 minute drive down 20th St. from my house to the park.[/quote]

I'm lazy, so I don't like that walk. And they were charging to park there last year during the playoffs. My buddies and I park close to the stadium so we can crush beers right up until it's time to go in.

Anyway, enjoy the game tomorrow...hopefully the phils will take care of business
    LET'S GO PHILLIES!..clap clap clapclapclap.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    This is probably fluky, but it's odd how important winning the first game in the divisional series is much more important in the NL than the AL.

If you win the first game in the NL, teams have went 25-3 in the NLDS. In the AL, teams are only 15-13.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    This is probably fluky, but it's odd how important winning the first game in the divisional series is much more important in the NL than the AL.

If you win the first game in the NL, teams have went 25-3 in the NLDS. In the AL, teams are only 15-13.

That's crazy. The only thing I can think of is because of the strategy of pitchers used as opposed to the AL due to pinch hitters and the like. I dunno, but that's crazy.

Twenty more minutes and I'm outta this dump!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Nice win only saw bits and pieces while at work

Let's take the first 2 !

Horrible call at 3rd on that tag-up play...but those calls usually even out at some point
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    1 down 10 more to go....
    Great outing by Lee, lets see if Mr 2008 World Series MVP can match it.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    1 down 10 more to go....
    Great outing by Lee, lets see if Mr 2008 World Series MVP can match it.

Let's hope he's not wearing long sleeves

;) :roll: :)

I didn't see any of the game..did Charlie use every pitcher like it was a game 5 ?

I guess with the Day off he assumed he can use 2 starters

Pedro in game 3 and back to Lee for game 4 ?

I didn't see any of the game..did Charlie use every pitcher like it was a game 5 ?

I think you may see a combo of Blanton and Pedro if Pedro starts. I would go with Joey B. He only threw a total of 40 pitches approximately if you include warming up in the 'pen. In 30 degree weather I want the dude with more jiggle to his jog.

Oh, the crowd was ABSOLUTELY WEAK up until a rally started compared to Wednesday. Ridiculous.

Hopefully now that Cole's kid has popped out he'll be more focused because there can be absolutely no excuse for that performance yesterday other than that. And he better stay off the curveball - he doesn't put it in the dirt, he hangs them right over the plate. And not to take away the blame from this lineup for most of the game too.... Hopefully the cold affects the douches in purple more than us....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    if Blanton or Happ doesn't start Game 3 Charlie is a moron - you cannot go into game 3 of a 5 game playoff series with your 5th starter starting the game.

and what moron schedules a 7:30 pm game in Colorado in October? 29 degrees and possible snow showers. If the Rockies do beat the Phils I hope they make the Series so we can have a World Series game snowed out. Putting an outdoor stadium in Denver and next year one in Minnesota - good idea guys.

I think you may see a combo of Blanton and Pedro if Pedro starts. I would go with Joey B. He only threw a total of 40 pitches approximately if you include warming up in the 'pen. In 30 degree weather I want the dude with more jiggle to his jog.

Oh, the crowd was ABSOLUTELY WEAK up until a rally started compared to Wednesday. Ridiculous.

Hopefully now that Cole's kid has popped out he'll be more focused because there can be absolutely no excuse for that performance yesterday other than that. And he better stay off the curveball - he doesn't put it in the dirt, he hangs them right over the plate. And not to take away the blame from this lineup for most of the game too.... Hopefully the cold affects the douches in purple more than us....

couldn't agree more about the crowd. WEAK!! I felt like I was at a funeral. People were actually telling me to sit down when I would get up and start clapping when a Colorado hitter had two strikes. It was like everyone there was at their first baseball game.
    pjhawks wrote:
    if Blanton or Happ doesn't start Game 3 Charlie is a moron - you cannot go into game 3 of a 5 game playoff series with your 5th starter starting the game.

and what moron schedules a 7:30 pm game in Colorado in October? 29 degrees and possible snow showers. If the Rockies do beat the Phils I hope they make the Series so we can have a World Series game snowed out. Putting an outdoor stadium in Denver and next year one in Minnesota - good idea guys.

baseball should be played outside, regardless of the weather. domes suck
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i agree for the most part about domes but you can't play baseball in 29 degree weather and snow - it's stupid. those cities should have retractable domes like Milwaukee.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Retractable roofs - places where it's too hot doesn't make sense, but places where it's too cold does.

Anybody who was at the game yesterday NOT making a shit load of noise are dead to me. Make me ashamed to be a Philly fan. If I wanted to wait for the players to do something first I'd go to a Dodgers game - of course it's easier to cheer when you're not needed. Win one fucking World Series and the fucking place goes soft - BUSH LEAGUE.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Retractable roofs - places where it's too hot doesn't make sense, but places where it's too cold does.

Anybody who was at the game yesterday NOT making a shit load of noise are dead to me. Make me ashamed to be a Philly fan. If I wanted to wait for the players to do something first I'd go to a Dodgers game - of course it's easier to cheer when you're not needed. Win one fucking World Series and the fucking place goes soft - BUSH LEAGUE.

and the towels are fucking stupid too. I wanted to throw a baseball at the video screen every time I saw that thing telling people to make noise or wave their towels. it makes us look like an expansion team city or pittsburgh. and I don't want to be affiliated with either one.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and the towels are fucking stupid too. I wanted to throw a baseball at the video screen every time I saw that thing telling people to make noise or wave their towels. it makes us look like an expansion team city or pittsburgh. and I don't want to be affiliated with either one.

Meh, I don't mind the towels too much - it can screw with the batter's eye since their white so I see an advantage there. I just wish people were as loud yesterday as they were on Wednesday. Yesterday had bad written all over it. All we can hope for now is to take one of these two games and get the fuck back to Philly. I'd go Lee in game 4 and Hamels in Game 5 - Hopefully Cole has his concentration back by then.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996

Meh, I don't mind the towels too much - it can screw with the batter's eye since their white so I see an advantage there. I just wish people were as loud yesterday as they were on Wednesday. Yesterday had bad written all over it. All we can hope for now is to take one of these two games and get the fuck back to Philly. I'd go Lee in game 4 and Hamels in Game 5 - Hopefully Cole has his concentration back by then.

Not saying Lee can't do it, but he's never pitched on 3 days rest in the majors.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

Not saying Lee can't do it, but he's never pitched on 3 days rest in the majors.

I know, but this series is going to make me bite my nails away if they don't win this game tomorrow night. If they don't win Saturday night, then I think you HAVE to go that route.
    baseball should be played outside, regardless of the weather. domes suck[/quote]

Anybody who was at the game yesterday NOT making a shit load of noise are dead to me. Make me ashamed to be a Philly fan. If I wanted to wait for the players to do something first I'd go to a Dodgers game - of course it's easier to cheer when you're not needed. Win one fucking World Series and the fucking place goes soft - BUSH LEAGUE.[/quote]

and the towels are fucking stupid too. I wanted to throw a baseball at the video screen every time I saw that thing telling people to make noise or wave their towels. it makes us look like an expansion team city or pittsburgh. and I don't want to be affiliated with either one.[/quote]

unfortunately when you win you start to attract 'quasi-fans' who are there to be seen and to just say then went to the game and not live and die with each pitch. it's bad enough during the regular season when only about 25% of the crowd is actually watching the game. to do that during a playoff game sucks i agree.
    It's Pedro. Start praying now....
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    The Phils are fine, the Cards and Sox are not.

Confident in Pedro, he will give them 5 2/3 strong. Blaton will come in again to pitch the 6th & 7th. Phils bats are heating up. No reason this thing doesnt... at the least, come back to Philly.

I think Charlie should drop the team off in the mountains for the night, let the guys get acclimated before saturday nights game.

Seriously, all this cold weather talk is driving me nuts! The Rockies don't wanna play in that shit either!

Whadda Say Phightins'
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:

Confident in Pedro, he will give them 5 2/3 strong. Blaton will come in again to pitch the 6th & 7th. Phils bats are heating up. No reason this thing doesnt... at the least, come back to Philly.

I think Charlie should drop the team off in the mountains for the night, let the guys get acclimated before saturday nights game.

Seriously, all this cold weather talk is driving me nuts! The Rockies don't wanna play in that shit either!

Whadda Say Phightins'

maybe but the Rockies aren't starting their 5th freakin' starter either - got to love Charlie taking the Phils strength of much better starting pitching away by using our 3rd and 4th starters in relief in the same game.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    and we'll see you tomorrow night.

game 3 is postponed till sunday night.

fucking 10:07pm.....works to our advantage though. now we can throw happ and lee on regular rest for game 4. i have a hunch cholly will still trot pedro out there tomorrow though....

GO CHAMPS!
    www.myspace.com
  • Happ will get the start tomorrow night.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Happ will get the start tomorrow night.

charlie?
    www.myspace.com
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    pjhawks wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

Whadda Say Phightins'

maybe but the Rockies aren't starting their 5th freakin' starter either - got to love Charlie taking the Phils strength of much better starting pitching away by using our 3rd and 4th starters in relief in the same game.

Charlie did go a little crazy with his relief, but he lucked out with the game being PPD.

How you feel with Happ starting?

Think the Phils' bats go off tonight!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
This discussion has been closed.