***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

dykstra + sheen + the 9/11 conspiracy guy......this makes way too much sense.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    is the game on tv? I can't find it :(
    Mlb network

someone else told me that. I didn't even think I had that, but I did (guess that is free with Comcast). Caught the last half of the game. :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    well cole looked solid today huh?
    www.myspace.com
  • well cole looked solid today huh?
    He looked ok kinda got a little wild in the 2nd inning. All in all its tough to judge him right now,he was in the upper 80's for the most part. On the bright side Francisco looked good today,he's gonna make Brown earn that job for sure. Thank god baseball seasons back :D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Here I am...
    The Fixer wrote:
    Radiohead is one band that I could never get into. Always felt like I should like them, but I think they suck. I went through a similar phase with DMB in college. Everyone loved them and I never got it. They suck too

Oh boy - you and pjhawks sound the same. How did this happen? OK Computer might beat Ten for best Album of the 90s. Trying to be unbiased here. Try The Bends - if a PJ fan doesn't like that then they might as well not bother with the rest of them. Kid A is my favorite but, yeah, it's a little out there. It just works. 8-)

The new album, I think, is not that bad. But it's very difficult to listen to. I mean, Radiohead has always made good music with lots of layers, but it's always been at least enjoyable to listen to. This at some points just sounds like garbage. My son (almost 5 months old!) today was swinging this rattle-thing around and banging it against another toy - I said that kind of sounds like the new Radiohead album. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I will be really pissed if dmb is playing with PJ this summer. dave matthews has the most annoying voice since sting in roxanne...or the chick from the cranberries

Ouch man. 2 of my favorites. That's Dolores O'Riordan, by the way. :evil: ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    check out my new sig :P

i only did it cause it was funny
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The Fixer wrote:
    almost time for happy hour. what do I feel like polluting myself with tonight? anyone have any decent microbrews to recommend? I prefer stouts and porter types

Try Great Lakes Edmond Fitzgerald Porter. Best porter I've had in years. Matter of fact, just buy the whole Great Lakes mixed case. They're from Cleveland, and Burning River Pale Ale is fucking awesome (and the best name for a beer in history).

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    While I don't completely dislike Dave Matthews, they are not playing with Pearl Jam this summer so we have nothing to worry about. That just won't happen.

Just got my tickets to Phish in Camden, can't fucking wait. Every summer, just a great time.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741

ha, while I loved listening to the Yanks play baseball today, I can't think of a more meaningless game. Cole Hamels could have pitched a perfect game throwing 45 pitches and it would still mean nothing.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

he's similar to what werth was 4 years ago. be nice for the phils to get him.

wonder if they'd have to give up your boy for him though...

not sure who my boy is. howard? I'd do it.

morse isn't half the player werth was. werth was a first round pick

ha. yeah, howard. that's who i'm talking about dude. ;)

who cares where they were drafted? 4 or 5 years into his career werth was looked at similarly. for one reason or another both have had difficultly staying on the field. werth was about the same age. right handed bat. decent in the outfield. both looked at as platoon guys. both only had one really productive year at this point. wouldn't have to pay a lot for either.

yeah, i dunno...i think it'd be a pretty similar pickup to the werth signing in '07.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nation ... _jays.html

also--durbin signed with cleveland.

umm...no

werth came up as a catcher, had a MLB bloodline legacy, and was misdiagnosed with a major wrist injury that set him back 3 years.

not to mention werth was a number 1 pick and generally much more talented than morse. morse is 29 and has never even had 300 ABs in a season.

other than that they are identical
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    I wanna see this even more improved version of Cole's cut fastball. Apparently everyone's raving how much he's ahead of all the other pitchers - even Doc.

i could do without the yankees telecast.

beers have been cracked over here as well. i got the nova game starting up in a minute too.

god bless the united states of america.

I think the yanks broadcast is pretty damn good. much better than mccarthy and wheels.

I'll take kay over mccarthy every fucking time
    dam st. johns is semi real i think

I like steve lavin. I'm rooting for that dude to do well.

and I love seeing nova lose
    edited February 2011
    Here I am...
    The Fixer wrote:
    Radiohead is one band that I could never get into. Always felt like I should like them, but I think they suck. I went through a similar phase with DMB in college. Everyone loved them and I never got it. They suck too

Oh boy - you and pjhawks sound the same. How did this happen? OK Computer might beat Ten for best Album of the 90s. Trying to be unbiased here. Try The Bends - if a PJ fan doesn't like that then they might as well not bother with the rest of them. Kid A is my favorite but, yeah, it's a little out there. It just works. 8-)

The new album, I think, is not that bad. But it's very difficult to listen to. I mean, Radiohead has always made good music with lots of layers, but it's always been at least enjoyable to listen to. This at some points just sounds like garbage. My son (almost 5 months old!) today was swinging this rattle-thing around and banging it against another toy - I said that kind of sounds like the new Radiohead album. :lol:

I don't put people down for liking any kind of music. that shit is completely subjective. I don't get radiohead, but I've never proclaimed myself a musical expert. I just don't like Radiohead's sound. A lot of people do and I respect their opinions. It's completely different than the people that say ryan howard is a great player, which is quantifiable

Dave matthews just annoys me. DMB is the boston red sox of music. I picture a DMB show as a bunch of geeks in tight khaki shorts with long sleeve polo shirts and red sox hats (nova students). Combine that scene with dave matthews voice and I would go postal
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

ha, while I loved listening to the Yanks play baseball today, I can't think of a more meaningless game. Cole Hamels could have pitched a perfect game throwing 45 pitches and it would still mean nothing.

seriously. spring training is more irrelevant than preseason football (which is really saying something).

like pjhawks said...just get through the next month without any injuries and this spring is a success.

Hamels is awesome. THey should lock him up long term right now
    edited February 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wanna see this even more improved version of Cole's cut fastball. Apparently everyone's raving how much he's ahead of all the other pitchers - even Doc.

i could do without the yankees telecast.

beers have been cracked over here as well. i got the nova game starting up in a minute too.

god bless the united states of america.

I think the yanks broadcast is pretty damn good. much better than mccarthy and wheels.

I'll take kay over mccarthy every fucking time

great. we all know wheels and mccarthy suck.

not the point.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not sure who my boy is. howard? I'd do it.

morse isn't half the player werth was. werth was a first round pick

ha. yeah, howard. that's who i'm talking about dude. ;)

who cares where they were drafted? 4 or 5 years into his career werth was looked at similarly. for one reason or another both have had difficultly staying on the field. werth was about the same age. right handed bat. decent in the outfield. both looked at as platoon guys. both only had one really productive year at this point. wouldn't have to pay a lot for either.

yeah, i dunno...i think it'd be a pretty similar pickup to the werth signing in '07.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nation ... _jays.html

also--durbin signed with cleveland.

umm...no

werth came up as a catcher, had a MLB bloodline legacy, and was misdiagnosed with a major wrist injury that set him back 3 years.

not to mention werth was a number 1 pick and generally much more talented than morse. morse is 29 and has never even had 300 ABs in a season.

other than that they are identical

"umm...no." really? that's what you went with? :lol: ....i swear you hop on here just looking to disagree with someone just for the sake of disagreeing.

werth has been an outfielder his entire time in the big leagues.....well aware of his injuries and morse's injuries/time off the field. that's one of the reason's i think they're comparable. werth had one 300 at bat season before the phils signed him (he hit .234 with 7hrs and .338 obp that year. also werth had career 668 at bats when the phils signed him--morse currently has 618). and i also realize morse is 28 (will be 29 next month). yeah, i'm comparing him to werth 4 years ago , not now.

it's not out of the world crazy to compare morse of 2011 to where werth was back before 2007.

bottom line is i agree with you. i wouldn't mind if the phils made a play for him too. :lol: sheesh. you make it difficult to even agree with you dude! haha
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

seriously. spring training is more irrelevant than preseason football (which is really saying something).

like pjhawks said...just get through the next month without any injuries and this spring is a success.

Hamels is awesome. THey should lock him up long term right now

They were horrible,they couldn't get the count right and during interviews were even worse imo. But yes they should lock Hamels up NOW.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    When you have a hangover and you're sitting in a room trying to keep out as much sunlight as possible, THIS is when this new black background really comes in handy. I'm wearing sunglasses right now...
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    edited February 2011
    Utley had an MRI showing tendinitis in his knee. wtf!! he's really scaring me.
    Post edited by Goatboy on
    Goatboy wrote:
    Utley had an MRI showing tendonitis in his knee. wtf!! he's really scaring me.

Eh. I'm not too worried about it. He's had it before apparently and it's something he would play with during the season. I think he'll be fine.
  • Goatboy wrote:
    Utley had an MRI showing tendonitis in his knee. wtf!! he's really saring me.
    He's breaking down early cause he plays the game the right way. I'm worried we've seen the best of him already,but i hope i'm wrong.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I hope your wrong too...they need to take extra special care of him this year whether he likes it or not. Valdez should get tons of playing time like last year.
  • Goatboy wrote:
    Utley had an MRI showing tendinitis in his knee. wtf!! he's really scaring me.

I find this disturbing as well. What kind of offseason program is he doing?
    Goatboy wrote:
    I hope your wrong too...they need to take extra special care of him this year whether he likes it or not. Valdez should get tons of playing time like last year.

Uh oh - double play Valdez... (just make 2 outs before he gets up to bat and he's fine :lol: )

• The Fixer wrote:
    I don't put people down for liking any kind of music. that shit is completely subjective. I don't get radiohead, but I've never proclaimed myself a musical expert. I just don't like Radiohead's sound. A lot of people do and I respect their opinions. It's completely different than the people that say ryan howard is a great player, which is quantifiable

Dave matthews just annoys me. DMB is the boston red sox of music. I picture a DMB show as a bunch of geeks in tight khaki shorts with long sleeve polo shirts and red sox hats (nova students). Combine that scene with dave matthews voice and I would go postal

I think it was more hawks than you, implicating that people would only like Radiohead to be elitist or something like that. Believe me, I am not a music snob. I can't wait to see my 4th Foo Fighters concert!

I kind of like a few songs on Crash: Two Step and #41 are really awesome. Otherwise DMB is mostly garbage. And yes, his voice is really grating. I think in the songs I like it's more the "Band" than "Dave Matthews."

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it was more hawks than you, implicating that people would only like Radiohead to be elitist or something like that. Believe me, I am not a music snob. I can't wait to see my 4th Foo Fighters concert!

I kind of like a few songs on Crash: Two Step and #41 are really awesome. Otherwise DMB is mostly garbage. And yes, his voice is really grating. I think in the songs I like it's more the "Band" than "Dave Matthews."

man you people on here are way too sensitve. ligten up man. i did make that comment about radiohead and their fans. it's an opinion and no different from you guys bashing on DMB and their fans. :roll:

and very worried about Chase. They've never held him out this early before. I almost wish they could just scope him now and get it over with. my fear is they are going to try and have him play through it and come June it will require surgey and he will miss a month or two.

hamels - lots of people were running him out of town two years ago for being a pussy. i wonder if i could find those threads still here....
    Calling Hamels a pussy, and saying he sucks are two COMPLETELY different things. I'll always think he's a pussy, but I always thought he was good.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    Calling Hamels a pussy, and saying he sucks are two COMPLETELY different things. I'll always think he's a pussy, but I always thought he was good.

that's true although i'd say on the field he is not a pussy. off the field well yeah. 2008 the guys was an animal in the playoffs and the 2nd half of last year. really looking for a monster year from him.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    man ..this is some good entertainment... :lol:

don't know anything about the phils so far this year...but you cats are nuts

if i buy all of you tickets for a game ..could you sit together and video tape it?

i invision the indians fans in major league... :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
This discussion has been closed.