***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    man ..this is some good entertainment... :lol:

don't know anything about the phils so far this year...but you cats are nuts

if i buy all of you tickets for a game ..could you sit together and video tape it?

i invision the indians fans in major league... :mrgreen:

But wayyyy more intoxicated - at least for me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

if i buy all of you tickets for a game ..could you sit together and video tape it?

"it's too high..."

"what do you mean, too high??? idiot"
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

"it's too high..."

the projection of the ball... = the fixer
    who gives a fuck ,its gone =the juggler
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

"it's too high..."

well played.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448

classic :D

although almost impossible to get tickets to phils games (unless use stub hub) as we actually sell out our new stadium unlike some of those to the north of us.
    all things philly thread...

you guys here about the ed solo show in june rumor? tower again per matt cord. who knows? be nice though...
    www.myspace.com

you guys here about the ed solo show in june rumor? tower again per matt cord. who knows? be nice though...

Yeah, read this in the Porch. Hopefully there's a shit load of dates on the east coast so I don't fear the chance of being shut out.

The last Tower shows were great - ended up second row, seats 3 & 4, center, for the first one.
  • all things philly thread...

That'd be fucking awesome. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    ed solo = no pearl jam = no good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Pearl Jam in Wisco, duh. Your favorite place!!!
  • ed solo = no pearl jam = no good

Honestly, Into the Wild has worn better than Backspacer for me, so this might not be a bad thing.

If you get Brad, Tres Mtns, Soundgarden & Ed Solo than you've seen Pearl Jam, kind of. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Pearl Jam in Wisco, duh. Your favorite place!!!

:lol:
    ed solo = no pearl jam = no good

Honestly, Into the Wild has worn better than Backspacer for me, so this might not be a bad thing.

If you get Brad, Tres Mtns, Soundgarden & Ed Solo than you've seen Pearl Jam, kind of. 8-)

into the wild has worn better than avocado for me. i'm still diggin' backspacer a bit.

i'd like an actual ed solo album though. one that's not constricted by the confines of movie scenes and such. itw is awesome but a lot of the songs are so short...
    www.myspace.com
    Man, they really have nothing going on, do they?....I wonder how long they're gonna stretch out this Utley problem. Blah blah blah blah - EVERYTHING is getting more magnified than even any Eagles training camp. And that's football - once a week, I get it. BUT. This is fuck.ing.base.ball. Jeeeeesus.

Ben Fran wants that right field job. I like it.
    Man, they really have nothing going on, do they?....I wonder how long they're gonna stretch out this Utley problem. Blah blah blah blah - EVERYTHING is getting more magnified than even any Eagles training camp. And that's football - once a week, I get it. BUT. This is fuck.ing.base.ball. Jeeeeesus.

ha...i don't think you could have gotten odds on a story like phil sheridan's appearing today ("the clock's ticking on the phillies" or some shit). i think phil sheridan's a turd.

i can understand people being concerned only because it's apparently been something he's had for a while now and the dude's getting older. but if they give him ample rest early, he should hopefully be alright...
    www.myspace.com

ha...i don't think you could have gotten odds on a story like phil sheridan's appearing today ("the clock's ticking on the phillies" or some shit). i think phil sheridan's a turd.

i can understand people being concerned only because it's apparently been something he's had for a while now and the dude's getting older. but if they give him ample rest early, he should hopefully be alright...

Yeah, he's getting older, but apparently this is something he's been playing with for a while - it's soreness. Everyone gets soreness. And, if this wasn't this year and it was 2006, no one would care less about his knee. He'll be fine. All this stuff about him being injury prone and breaking down is overblown. It's not like he was hurt in seasons past due to "wearing down", sans the hip thing. The hip thing I get, but it's been rectified. Other injuries are because of a run-in with Roward, getting plunked in the hand by Lannan, and an unfortunate slide with his hand. No matter what happens, Chase always puts extra pounds on because he sheds them during the season. I do agree with the fact that Manuel should give him ample days off during the season though(especially him, polanco, rollins, and Ibanez). Utley should play somewhere in the 148/150-ish realm. That's 12-14 extra days that he would benefit from.
    And I don't care who ya are - this is what it's all about. God, what a great fucking day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lJpFwAcCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp9Vwu5S ... ure=fvwrel

Yeah, he's getting older, but apparently this is something he's been playing with for a while - it's soreness. Everyone gets soreness. And, if this wasn't this year and it was 2006, no one would care less about his knee. He'll be fine. All this stuff about him being injury prone and breaking down is overblown. It's not like he was hurt in seasons past due to "wearing down", sans the hip thing. The hip thing I get, but it's been rectified. Other injuries are because of a run-in with Roward, getting plunked in the hand by Lannan, and an unfortunate slide with his hand. No matter what happens, Chase always puts extra pounds on because he sheds them during the season. I do agree with the fact that Manuel should give him ample days off during the season though(especially him, polanco, rollins, and Ibanez). Utley should play somewhere in the 148/150-ish realm. That's 12-14 extra days that he would benefit from.

i agree with you for the most part. it's just that tendinitus does get a little more difficult to deal with when you get older. so i respect him for going to the trainer now instead of just playing through like he's done in the past. but, yeah, i think he'll be okay with getting more days off though. i'd even like to see it in the 140-145 game range.

bottom line: it's february. it's a slow sports news month and the most anticipated baseball season in the history of the universe is just off the horizon. of course people will blow this out of proportion! i kinda like it. the more phils talk the better. makes it feel like spring is closer than it really is.
    www.myspace.com
    i want that BOOM shirt...
    www.myspace.com
    i want that BOOM shirt...

I saw that. Solid shirt.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Goatboy wrote:
    I hope your wrong too...they need to take extra special care of him this year whether he likes it or not. Valdez should get tons of playing time like last year.

I'm hoping valdez doesn't even make the team.
    edited March 2011

Those vedder shows were great. I think the Tower sucks though.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

Ben Fran wants that right field job. I like it.

totally agree about utley

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... utley-age/

Francisco can play...like I said, I hope he gets 350-400 ABs this year.

Also, john mayberry fucking stinks
    you guys see the game on sunday? nice to see howard in mid-season form in the field.

'but his defense has gotten so much better over the last few years'

that is the biggest bullshit line in sports history. he's a butcher

whoever had me marked down for game 3 of ST in the 'when will the fixer start bitching about ryan howard pool'. you are the winner
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    The Fixer wrote:
    whoever had me marked down for game 3 of ST in the 'when will the fixer start bitching about ryan howard pool'. you are the winner

The Fixer wrote:

What's better? I think it's a great venue. Of course my easy access from the Route 100 line doesn't hurt. ;)

The Fixer wrote:

The Fixer wrote:

What's better? I think it's a great venue. Of course my easy access from the Route 100 line doesn't hurt. ;)

I saw EV in 5 cities over the 2 years he toured on the east coast. The Tower was the worst of the venues. Newark (believe it or not) was incredible. The theatre he played in boston was great as well.

Kimmell Center? World Cafe Live?
    The Fixer wrote:
    you guys see the game on sunday? nice to see howard in mid-season form in the field.

"spring training games are about as meaningless as the nfl preseason." -fixer.

www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

they absolutely are

'the phils should bring pedro feliz back' -the jeagler, pre-2009 season
    David Murphy's blog is great. That dude will be picked up by a national publication within the next year or two
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they absolutely are

'the phils should bring pedro feliz back' -the jeagler, pre-2009 season

the phillies suck and won't make the playoffs - fixer late august 2010. :mrgreen:

how's the new job going dude?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.