***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I wonder when the next time the A's would play here in Philly for interleague. I'd love to see a throwback series, and have the Athletics wear some kind of old uni with 'Phila." or 'Philadelphia' on the front. That always puzzled me, if the A's ever play in a throwback game - even in Oakland - with anything pre-50's, do they acknowledge the Philly aspect of it? I think anything Philly-era A's should stay in Philly....Ah, anyway, it'd be cool.....carry on....

it's a travesty that the phils road jerseys don't have some form of philadelphia on the front.
    Baseball Prospectus has the phils winning 91 games. Atlanta 87, Florida 84, NY 80, DC 70.
    Looks like someone is putting their tale between their legs

CLEARWATER, Fla. — As Grapefruit League games are just days away from beginning, former Phillie Chad Durbin is still without a job. While the Phillies pulled their offer of a major-league deal to Durbin weeks ago, the door is still not closed on a possible return for Durbin, a baseball source said Tuesday.

His agent, Dan Horwits, remains engaged with two teams on a possible major-league deal but no offers have been made, the source said. If nothing moves on that front, Durbin could come to Phillies camp on a minor-league contract.

The source said Durbin hopes to have his destination picked in the next 48 hours because most camps have been open for nearly two weeks now.

If Durbin's hand is forced because there are no major-league offers on the table, the source said his preference would be to come to the Phillies and compete for a job as a non-roster player.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wonder when the next time the A's would play here in Philly for interleague. I'd love to see a throwback series, and have the Athletics wear some kind of old uni with 'Phila." or 'Philadelphia' on the front. That always puzzled me, if the A's ever play in a throwback game - even in Oakland - with anything pre-50's, do they acknowledge the Philly aspect of it? I think anything Philly-era A's should stay in Philly....Ah, anyway, it'd be cool.....carry on....

it's a travesty that the phils road jerseys don't have some form of philadelphia on the front.

Eh. Never really minded it because it was never like that. I'd like to see a block letter throwback road though - kind like Cleveland's with "PHILA" on the front.
  • They've historically never really had "Philadelphia" on the road jerseys. It's kind of long and awkward, and "Phillies" is a pretty good indicator of what city the team is from.

I'm kind of obsessed with the A's - last year I celebrated the 100th anniversary of the 1910 World Champs. Good news this year - I can do it again! (1910, 11 & 13 champs) :ugeek:

My Phila. A's jersey is the best looking jersey I've ever had. It's fun when somebody recognizes it. The hat sometimes gets confused with the Braves for some reason. Also, some 3-year old kid kept telling me last year to take off my "Astroids" had and his mom wouldn't tell him to leave me alone. I just gave up eventually. :lol:

Maybe someday the Phils will match the Phila A's 5 championships... (like in 2100?) :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    They've historically never really had "Philadelphia" on the road jerseys. It's kind of long and awkward, and "Phillies" is a pretty good indicator of what city the team is from.

I'm kind of obsessed with the A's - last year I celebrated the 100th anniversary of the 1910 World Champs. Good news this year - I can do it again! (1910, 11 & 13 champs) :ugeek:

My Phila. A's jersey is the best looking jersey I've ever had. It's fun when somebody recognizes it. The hat sometimes gets confused with the Braves for some reason. Also, some 3-year old kid kept telling me last year to take off my "Astroids" had and his mom wouldn't tell him to leave me alone. I just gave up eventually. :lol:

Maybe someday the Phils will match the Phila A's 5 championships... (like in 2100?) :roll:

my friend's dad is a HUGE a's fan. he goes way back and always talks about how they were the true baseball team from philadelphia and it should have been the phillies that left town. that's as old school (and stuborn) as you get :lol: ....my buddy and him are going to all 3 inter league games this year.
    www.myspace.com
    I think me and JP are the only ones that care about this stuff, but I'm posting it anyway. Baseball America's top 100 prospect list came out today. I love this shit...the phils are in good shape with 4 of the top 100. The only teams with more were KC (9, which is fucking unheard of...their minor league system is completely stacked), Tampa (7), ATL/NYY (6). Good stuff.

Domonic Brown #4, ETA 2011
    Jonathan Singleton #39, ETA 2013
    Brody Colvin #56, ETA 2013 (My personal favorite)
    Jarred Cosart #70, ETA 2013

Trevor May made Keith Law's top 100, but not BA's. Drabek is #29 , Travis D'Arnaud (halladay trade) is #36, Jonathan Villar (Oswalt trade) is #94.
    Nice. Now for Brown to take that projection and make it a reality.

I got a shit load back than I thought I would for my tax return - thinking about hitting Clearwater now...

I got a shit load back than I thought I would for my tax return - thinking about hitting Clearwater now...

Nice. I'll be there for a long weekend leading into the yanks on 3/20 and gay sox on 3/21.

Just make sure you stash some of your lootcakes for the PJ thing in August.

shit, just realized I need to send you that stuff. Forgot all about it...I'll get on that
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. I'll be there for a long weekend leading into the yanks on 3/20 and gay sox on 3/21.

shit, just realized I need to send you that stuff. Forgot all about it...I'll get on that

Believe me - duly noted. There's a good chunk of bones being set aside for when that shit is announced. And I have a Vegas bachelor party in May. Gonna be quite the summer....

Yeah, it's no rush on the dvd's. Whenever it works for you - it's not going anywhere on me.
    The Fixer wrote:

Believe me - duly noted. There's a good chunk of bones being set aside for when that shit is announced. And I have a Vegas bachelor party in May. Gonna be quite the summer....

Yeah, it's no rush on the dvd's. Whenever it works for you - it's not going anywhere on me.

vegas bachelor party...man, I'm jealous...they are the best. My good buddy just bought an engagement ring and asked me to be the best man. 2nd time I've had this honor at a buddy's wedding (hopefully my speech will be better than the first time around). He wants to do Ocean City, MD for his bach party. I haven't been there in close to 10 years. I hear Seacrets is still as crazy as it was back then.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

vegas bachelor party...man, I'm jealous...they are the best. My good buddy just bought an engagement ring and asked me to be the best man. 2nd time I've had this honor at a buddy's wedding (hopefully my speech will be better than the first time around). He wants to do Ocean City, MD for his bach party. I haven't been there in close to 10 years. I hear Seacrets is still as crazy as it was back then.

Seacrets is always a good time. I just always instantly think Vegas whenever one of my buddies is getting married. My best friend, whom would most definitely be my best man - God forbid that day ever comes for me - would mark his fourth as a best man. To me that's insanity.

Phils on MLB Net at 1 on Saturday. I've never been so pumped to watch a spring training game - not even during '09 after winning it all.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Phils on MLB Net at 1 on Saturday. I've never been so pumped to watch a spring training game - not even during '09 after winning it all.

Not to mention your boys will be taking BP from Bartolo Colon. Fucking a. Probably won't be around much over the next month or so. Enjoy the beginning of the season and I will be back to bullshit baseball and all things Philly at some point.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not to mention your boys will be taking BP from Bartolo Colon. Fucking a. Probably won't be around much over the next month or so. Enjoy the beginning of the season and I will be back to bullshit baseball and all things Philly at some point.

Ha - you cracked me up. (lighten my mood after Temple's ass-whooping tonight) Good luck with whatever's going on. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Alright, man. We'll see you then. Hopefully things get better in time for you. April 1st is as a cathartic date as there is....
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I have a pretty good guess of what you're going through based on your posts this week. I'm sure it's a tough time...best wishes to you and your family
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Thanks fellas, the nice words are appreciated.
    michael jack trying, intentionally or not, to light a fire under j-roll. i like it...
    www.myspace.com
    And if anyone knows anyone looking to get rid of Opening Day tix it'd be much appreciated if you'd pass on the info. If I can go around standing in line at an ungodly hour for standing room would be great.
    And if anyone knows anyone looking to get rid of Opening Day tix it'd be much appreciated if you'd pass on the info. If I can go around standing in line at an ungodly hour for standing room would be great.

wow...cheapest seats on stubhub are over 100 bucks with service charges and shit
    www.myspace.com

wow...cheapest seats on stubhub are over 100 bucks with service charges and shit

For SRO you mean?
    Ah, I see it now. Yeah, seats in the 430's for 90 plus fees. Yeesh. Either way, I know what I'm doing at 1pm April 1st and it's not school work nor regular work. Absolutely LOVE the season opening up at home on a Friday.
    Ah, I see it now. Yeah, seats in the 430's for 90 plus fees. Yeesh. Either way, I know what I'm doing at 1pm April 1st and it's not school work nor regular work. Absolutely LOVE the season opening up at home on a Friday.

i'm actually thinking of paying a lot less to see young clifton's 2nd debut on saturday....
    www.myspace.com

i'm actually thinking of paying a lot less to see young clifton's 2nd debut on saturday....

Yeah, most likely will be standing in line with a bunch of my goon friends at an unreasonable hour, drunk, buying SRO tix for 4/1. They're always long days. But again, gotta love the Friday opener!
  • Our first game will be the Sunday game. (Oswalt?) We'll see how Johnny III likes it. :D

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    are you guys aware of this site?

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/index.html

box scores, etc. back to 1919. Can come in handy when your booze/drug addled brains have a hard time with recall :lol: . really an awesome resource.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I agree about opening day. I just wish the game was at 4 instead of 1.

Prices on stubhub always come down as the event gets closer. Just keep you eye on them and wait until the last week of march.

Can't wait for that opening weekend...I might just sleep in the parking lot friday night
    5 weeks. someone hit the FF button. by far the worst time of year for sports right now
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    The Fixer wrote:
    5 weeks. someone hit the FF button. by far the worst time of year for sports right now

nah march is tuesday, best month of the year for sports starts then
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nah march is tuesday, best month of the year for sports starts then

yeah, february is by far for the worst. let the madness begin....

february is just a horrific month all together. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.