***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    .....so I'm doing the Broad Street Run.....this should be interesting...

is that a 5k?

i loathe running but have been forcing myself to do it recently. i'm up to 2 miles a day....which probably sounds like nothing, but whatever. trying to be able to run a 5k at some point this year....
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989

is that a 5k?

i loathe running but have been forcing myself to do it recently. i'm up to 2 miles a day....which probably sounds like nothing, but whatever. trying to be able to run a 5k at some point this year....

It's a 10-miler. Real flat, so it's a relatively easier 10 mile run.

is that a 5k?

:lol:

maybe next year.....i'm not at that point yet.

is anyone here a cyclist? (or a marine biologist?) i'm contemplating that "city to shore" thing this summer. 60 some miles...but on a bike that's not tooo bad.
    www.myspace.com
    is that a 5k?

is anyone here a cyclist? (or a marine biologist?) i'm contemplating that "city to shore" thing this summer. 60 some miles...but on a bike that's not tooo bad.

Ha, yeah, like I said, should be interesting....

Been biking a ton lately, but not this season yet. Are you talking about the one that goes Irish Pub to Irish Pub or the one to Ocean City? All I know is they're both expensive. And I need to get a new road bike asap.

Been biking a ton lately, but not this season yet. Are you talking about the one that goes Irish Pub to Irish Pub or the one to Ocean City? All I know is they're both expensive. And I need to get a new road bike asap.

i think the irish pub one is half what the one that benefits ms is. still about $150 or so. there's a couple others throughout the summer/fall. not sure which one i'd do.

i love getting out on the trails with my bike. this area has some nice ones. i can literally bike from my house to the art museum. and i live in collegeville.

what kind of bike to you have? mine's a hybrid of a street bike/mountain bike. perfect for the trails near me and works well on the streets too.....permanent warmer weather cannot come soon enough :x
    www.myspace.com

i think the irish pub one is half what the one that benefits ms is. still about $150 or so. there's a couple others throughout the summer/fall. not sure which one i'd do.

i love getting out on the trails with my bike. this area has some nice ones. i can literally bike from my house to the art museum. and i live in collegeville.

what kind of bike to you have? mine's a hybrid of a street bike/mountain bike. perfect for the trails near me and works well on the streets too.....permanent warmer weather cannot come soon enough :x

Yeah, I know where you're at - we usually do the Perk trail around you. Love doing that one. It's like a 26 mile trip altogether we do around there. We start in Valley Forge and go up the Perk to where the swimming spot is for Folk Fest(Shwenksville maybe, and i don't know if you ever been to Folk Fest, but it's a damn fine time. You should try it out some year. Take your bikes, and camping shit, and set up for the weekend. Pretty cool.)

This season I plan on doing Valley Forge down to my old place in the city(end of the Schuylkill Trail) and back up.

I have a Trek 800 or something. It's alright, I gotta get something a bit better though. My back tire is all wobbly - I gotta get that fixed.
    And this will be one cool mofo of a picture layout....

http://www.the700level.com/2011/02/this ... esome.html
  • Jeags, I'm a decent biker. I have a Felt bike - got it at BiKyle store in Bryn Mawr - awesome store.

i did the Livestrong ride for 3 years - 70, 70 & 100 miles. Super hilly rides.

I've fallen off the wagon with the baby a little bit, but my buddy and I are gearing up for an Olympic triathlon in 2012 in the Fingerlakes (.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run). Sounds like I'm in great shape or something, but I'm a fat bastard. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

is anyone here a cyclist?

nah, I play real sports. not trying to be the best at exercising.

sorry, I couldn't resist. that quote is classic
    Jeags, I'm a decent biker. I have a Felt bike - got it at BiKyle store in Bryn Mawr - awesome store.

i did the Livestrong ride for 3 years - 70, 70 & 100 miles. Super hilly rides.

I've fallen off the wagon with the baby a little bit, but my buddy and I are gearing up for an Olympic triathlon in 2012 in the Fingerlakes (.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run). Sounds like I'm in great shape or something, but I'm a fat bastard. :lol:

an olympic triathlon? that is impressive...especially for a fat bastard :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Fellas, horrible day and I am hammered drunk right now and I wouldnt write this otherwise but here is some advice since I like you cats

give your old man a hug next time you see him
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fellas, horrible day and I am hammered drunk right now and I wouldnt write this otherwise but here is some advice since I like you cats

Damn dude, I hope everything is cool. Be careful.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks man, I am. Just drinking my face off, in a safe place. Just tell him you love him. Thats my advice.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks man, I am. Just drinking my face off, in a safe place. Just tell him you love him. Thats my advice.

Yeah, man. And I'll make sure to take your advice. Whatever it is, be well.
    Is anyone else concerned about all of these 'phils can break the mariners record for wins' stories? I know this is a veteran team, but EVERYONE is on this team's nuts...telling them how great they're going to be this year.

There should be three goals...

1 - Win NL East
    2 - Clinch home field in playoffs (though this isn't a necessity)
    3 - Win World Series
    The Fixer wrote:
    Is anyone else concerned about all of these 'phils can break the mariners record for wins' stories? I know this is a veteran team, but EVERYONE is on this team's nuts...telling them how great they're going to be this year.

1 - Win NL East
    3 - Win World Series

11 wins in October is all I want.

I think someone's trying to put the reverse jinx on them by slurping their balls.
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - Win NL East
    3 - Win World Series

I think someone's trying to put the reverse jinx on them by slurping their balls.

11 wins...absolutely.

I guess the writers have to figure out something to print. I just feel like there is way too much talk about the regular season wins record. By the way, take a look at the seattle rotation the year they won 116. How the fuck did that happen??
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - Win NL East
    3 - Win World Series

11 wins...absolutely.

I guess the writers have to figure out something to print. I just feel like there is way too much talk about the regular season wins record. By the way, take a look at the seattle rotation the year they won 116. How the fuck did that happen??

Dude, that whole team in general. Boggles my mind. They had EIGHT all stars as well. Talk about a team getting all the breaks for six months. Overachieved is an understatement.
    world series or bust. i could care less how we get there.
    www.myspace.com
  • In that Yanks-M's ALCS in 2001 -the Yanks fans had a banner: "116 Wins - SO WHAT."

That about sums it up. I don't care if we win even 90 games, as long as we win 11 in October.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    anyone else concerned about carlos ruiz losing focus on the phils if he signs with the union also?

pick a sport chooch. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

1 - Win NL East
    3 - Win World Series

Kinda like the people saying the Flyers will win the Cup in January ?

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • anyone else concerned about carlos ruiz losing focus on the phils if he signs with the union also?

Whoa - wait a minute. What happened?

anyone else concerned about carlos ruiz losing focus on the phils if he signs with the union also?

the union are close to signing a carlos ruiz.
    www.myspace.com
  • anyone else concerned about carlos ruiz losing focus on the phils if he signs with the union also?

As what ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • :lol:

I got it - nice. Chooch 2? Choochoo?

As what ?

catcher/goalie....

i said "a" carlos ruiz: http://www.the700level.com/2011/02/choo ... -ruiz.html

this town is only big enough for ONE carlos ruiz........this guy's nickname is "little fish"
    www.myspace.com
    I wonder when the next time the A's would play here in Philly for interleague. I'd love to see a throwback series, and have the Athletics wear some kind of old uni with 'Phila." or 'Philadelphia' on the front. That always puzzled me, if the A's ever play in a throwback game - even in Oakland - with anything pre-50's, do they acknowledge the Philly aspect of it? I think anything Philly-era A's should stay in Philly....Ah, anyway, it'd be cool.....carry on....
    I wonder when the next time the A's would play here in Philly for interleague. I'd love to see a throwback series, and have the Athletics wear some kind of old uni with 'Phila." or 'Philadelphia' on the front. That always puzzled me, if the A's ever play in a throwback game - even in Oakland - with anything pre-50's, do they acknowledge the Philly aspect of it? I think anything Philly-era A's should stay in Philly....Ah, anyway, it'd be cool.....carry on....

they come here this summer...

the chiefs played the cowboys at home in 2009 and wore their old dallas texans throw back unis. thats the game where miles austin had like 10 tds...

http://sportsbybrooks.com/kansas-city-c ... exas-26430
    www.myspace.com

they come here this summer...

the chiefs played the cowboys at home in 2009 and wore their old dallas texans throw back unis. thats the game where miles austin had like 10 tds...

http://sportsbybrooks.com/kansas-city-c ... exas-26430

Ohhhh, yeah. Well, would ya look at that. I could've sworn I didn't see it on the schedule. Makes sense since they last played them in '08 in Oakland.

Word. I have the Sunday game of this series as well. Hopefully they do something to the ilk of what I was talking about.
This discussion has been closed.