***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I was glad to see kris benson, I mean john maine, signed with colorado. I'd rather have worley as the 6th starter
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    you realize two chicks are calling the providence/depaul game tonight right? two of them. :lol:
    Oh goodness. I had no idea. I gave up on my beloved Friars when they dropped the first 9 games in Big East play. Great job, Keno! Way to rebuild the program! But I digress, as this is the Philadelphia Phillies baseball thread.
    :lol:

i believe this is the first time 2 women will call a men's sporting event without a male member of the broadcast team....

still pissed about that providence game :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    The Fixer wrote:

even his 7 errors and defensive mis-plays in the last 2 playoff runs? hopefully ryne sandberg can help him with that :o - seriously i imagine if he can stay healthy he will be more than fine. just hope he isn't aging too quickly because of how hard he plays.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

even his 7 errors and defensive mis-plays in the last 2 playoff runs? hopefully ryne sandberg can help him with that :o - seriously i imagine if he can stay healthy he will be more than fine. just hope he isn't aging too quickly because of how hard he plays.

You're an idiot.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

You're an idiot.

why by pointing out facts? go back and rewiew or try and remember, chase has absolutely sucked defensively in the playoffs. and his body breaking down premarturely has to be a concern. frankly i don't think he has recovered from the hip problems. i might be a ahole, but i'm not an idiot.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

You're an idiot.

why by pointing out facts? go back and rewiew or try and remember, chase has absolutely sucked defensively in the playoffs. i might be a ahole, but i'm not an idiot.

Nope. You bring it up for the dumbest reasons, mainly because you feel the incessant need to defend Ryan Howard because the dude who posted the article rides #6 all the time. So, you feel the need to do so to the dude he slurps. Dude's money. And you're still an idiot. There's no one that has less relevancy here, and whom I ignore the most, than you, son.
    Nope. You bring it up for the dumbest reasons, mainly because you feel the incessant need to defend Ryan Howard because the dude who posted the article rides #6 all the time. So, you feel the need to do so to the dude he slurps. Dude's money. And you're still an idiot. There's no one that has less relevancy here, and whom I ignore the most, than you, son.

when and where did i bring up ryan howard? Fixer says he loves everything about Chase Utley, everything, so i asked if he loved the shitty playoff defense. it's a legitimate question and has absolutely nothing to do with the 1st baseman.
  • Welcome to Twenty-Eleven. :roll: :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Welcome to Twenty-Eleven. :roll: :lol:

"no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead"

apparantly it's against the rules to offer any constructive and legitimate criticism towards chase utley in here. :roll:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Ohhh boy. It must be baseball season.
  • pjhawks wrote:

apparantly it's against the rules to offer any constructive and legitimate criticism towards chase utley in here. :roll:

Seriously - how long can you droan on about a few playoff errors when the guy plays spectacular defense all the freakin' time. I just hope he gets some of his power back.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

Seriously - how long can you droan on about a few playoff errors when the guy plays spectacular defense all the freakin' time. I just hope he gets some of his power back.

This is what I'm talking about. Thank you.
    pjhawks wrote:

did you read the thread and see how the topic came up? Fixer says he loves 'everything' about Chase Utley and i asked if he loved the shitty playoff defense - that is all. and spectacular defense, really...wow. guess you missed the Manny Trillo era of defense. spectacular, wow and im an idiot :roll: :roll: :roll: slightly above average is more like it
    Did anyone here see the Real Sports on Friday about Deadspin? I don't have HBO anymore and am curious how it was.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Did anyone here see the Real Sports on Friday about Deadspin? I don't have HBO anymore and am curious how it was.

that show is just phenomenal. wish they had more frequent episodes.i saw it. i'm not a big deadspin guy. i thought that aj came off very scumbaggy. i'm baised, but i think i would feel the same way even if i was a fan of the site......it is interesting that bissenger feels so differently about them now.

they mentioned the sean salisbury thing. that was pretty funny though. salisbury is such an idiot.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that show is just phenomenal. wish they had more frequent episodes.i saw it. i'm not a big deadspin guy. i thought that aj came off very scumbaggy. i'm baised, but i think i would feel the same way even if i was a fan of the site......it is interesting that bissenger feels so differently about them now.

they mentioned the sean salisbury thing. that was pretty funny though. salisbury is such an idiot.

Yeah, I don't have HBO either anymore. God damnit. Anyway, I read an article in the paper with Daulerio. I think the guy just knows how to get viewers. I just don't like how he's turned sports into TMZ.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I don't have HBO either anymore. God damnit. Anyway, I read an article in the paper with Daulerio. I think the guy just knows how to get viewers. I just don't like how he's turned sports into TMZ.

I am a long long time deadspin guy. I have read the site since 2006 right after it started. I will say, I am not nearly as interested in it as I used to be but still read almost everything. Will Leitch was an outstanding editor but AJ is a bit different, although I do think a lot of that comes from Denton. It's definitely about page views to Denton and I think that trickled down. The commenters at deadspin used to be the best part of the site, some of the funniest stuff you will find on the internet was there, not the same anymore.

It has definitely turned more TMZ'ish in the past few years, but some of it is credible.

The whole Bissinger thing is interesting. I had some conversations through email with him after that incident (he responded to everyone who emailed him yelling at him) and it seems like he just kind of got to know Will a bit better after and realized what they were doing is not all bad. Although,he definitely still has problems with a lot of it. The Salisbury shit was hilarious, especially when he threatned to sue him from email on his iphone. Great stuff.

Aj is a huge Pearl Jam fan so he has that going for him. I definitely need to check this out though.

Jeags, what was Gumbels conclusion on it? Did he have one?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am a long long time deadspin guy. I have read the site since 2006 right after it started. I will say, I am not nearly as interested in it as I used to be but still read almost everything. Will Leitch was an outstanding editor but AJ is a bit different, although I do think a lot of that comes from Denton. It's definitely about page views to Denton and I think that trickled down. The commenters at deadspin used to be the best part of the site, some of the funniest stuff you will find on the internet was there, not the same anymore.

It has definitely turned more TMZ'ish in the past few years, but some of it is credible.

The whole Bissinger thing is interesting. I had some conversations through email with him after that incident (he responded to everyone who emailed him yelling at him) and it seems like he just kind of got to know Will a bit better after and realized what they were doing is not all bad. Although,he definitely still has problems with a lot of it. The Salisbury shit was hilarious, especially when he threatned to sue him from email on his iphone. Great stuff.

Aj is a huge Pearl Jam fan so he has that going for him. I definitely need to check this out though.

Jeags, what was Gumbels conclusion on it? Did he have one?

gumbel was more or less wondering, since all of deadspin are basically young guys, if their views on what they do will change when they get older and have kids and stuff...

yeah bissenger even said he considered writing for them before opting for the daily beast. his interview was kind of weird though. he said he had no problems with them paying for stories...but had a big issue with people not knowing if they are on the record or not (if i remember correctly).

bissenger also has a good article on businessinsider.com, of all places, today talking about why the nba is losing popularity.
    www.myspace.com
    gumbel was more or less wondering, since all of deadspin are basically young guys, if their views on what they do will change when they get older and have kids and stuff...

yeah bissenger even said he considered writing for them before opting for the daily beast. his interview was kind of weird though. he said he had no problems with them paying for stories...but had a big issue with people not knowing if they are on the record or not (if i remember correctly).

bissenger also has a good article on businessinsider.com, of all places, today talking about why the nba is losing popularity.

Thats interesting. yeah, I would imagine it would change a bit but aj does not really seem to be the kind of guy to reflect on thing.

That is strange, I think the whole paying for stories thing is so blown up. I think they have only paid for 2 stories ever. The on-off the record thing is interesting. I am pretty sure AJ says, unless you specifically say it is off the record, its fair game but I am not positive. I know it has come up from time to time. I didn't know what about Bissinger possibly writing for them, that would have been hilarious.

I will have check that out.

Are you familiar with Brian Hickey from this area? He did some writing for a few places locally. He was a hit and run victim a few years back and almost died. Well, he is now writing for Deadspin. He's great too. You should check it out.

Edit: Here is a link to an article about his hit and run

http://citypaper.net/articles/2008/12/04/the-accident
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thats interesting. yeah, I would imagine it would change a bit but aj does not really seem to be the kind of guy to reflect on thing.

That is strange, I think the whole paying for stories thing is so blown up. I think they have only paid for 2 stories ever. The on-off the record thing is interesting. I am pretty sure AJ says, unless you specifically say it is off the record, its fair game but I am not positive. I know it has come up from time to time. I didn't know what about Bissinger possibly writing for them, that would have been hilarious.

I will have check that out.

Are you familiar with Brian Hickey from this area? He did some writing for a few places locally. He was a hit and run victim a few years back and almost died. Well, he is now writing for Deadspin. He's great too. You should check it out.

Edit: Here is a link to an article about his hit and run

http://citypaper.net/articles/2008/12/04/the-accident

weren't the 2 stories they paid for 2 of the biggest stories they broke though?....aj said something about how he follows the rules "most of the time" regarding off and on record. kramer asked how he can expect people to trust him....and he didn't really have a solid answer. something like "why wouldn't they trust me?" i dunno. he's good at drawing people to the site like jp said. but just doesn't seem like a dude i would enjoy haning out with. real shady

brian hickey? kinda remember the name. not sure. i'll check that out.
    www.myspace.com
    I know Brian Hickey mostly from Philebrity. And, yeah, was surprised to see him turn up on Deadspin. He writes a lot for them now, doesn't he? I wonder if he got that gig by knowing AJ. I find him to be a very less humorous young version of Andy Rooney.
    weren't the 2 stories they paid for 2 of the biggest stories they broke though?....aj said something about how he follows the rules "most of the time" regarding off and on record. kramer asked how he can expect people to trust him....and he didn't really have a solid answer. something like "why wouldn't they trust me?" i dunno. he's good at drawing people to the site like jp said. but just doesn't seem like a dude i would enjoy haning out with. real shady

Yeah, Brett Favre was one possibly and I think they also paid for the baseball documents. I will have to check it out, want to see what he said. I remember when he was dealing with Sterger he specifically stated which is policies were regarding being on the record or not. I actually think he seems like a pretty cool dude, likes to talk sports, get fucked up and listen to pearl jam, nothing wrong with that. Just not a huge fan of the direction he has taken the site

Definitely do. Its good stuff.
    I know Brian Hickey mostly from Philebrity. And, yeah, was surprised to see him turn up on Deadspin. He writes a lot for them now, doesn't he? I wonder if he got that gig by knowing AJ. I find him to be a very less humorous young version of Andy Rooney.

I didn't know he wrote for Philberity. Yeah, I didnt make the connection for a minute. He wrote about his hit and run a long time ago on deadspin then popped back up a year or so later. Now he is a regular. I actually kind of like the cast of writers they have now, just not the shit AJ posts most of the time. I am sure he got it through knowing AJ, no doubt about it. Haha, thats a pretty good comparsion. He does do a good job at deadspin.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, Brett Favre was one possibly and I think they also paid for the baseball documents. I will have to check it out, want to see what he said. I remember when he was dealing with Sterger he specifically stated which is policies were regarding being on the record or not. I actually think he seems like a pretty cool dude, likes to talk sports, get fucked up and listen to pearl jam, nothing wrong with that. Just not a huge fan of the direction he has taken the site

jenn sterger....well, i guess we're due for another playboy spread. god bless america! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

jenn sterger....well, i guess we're due for another playboy spread. god bless america! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, shes smoking but I think they could have done better with that playboy spread.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Yo cliff, i had a question for ya in the World Cup thread... U went to Barca???
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    Yo cliff, i had a question for ya in the World Cup thread... U went to Barca???

Ahh, shit, saw that but forgot to respond. Fuck dude, I didn't make it to a game. Our trip schedule got switched up and I was in Madrid while Barca was at home and was in Barcelona when Madrid was at home, so I couldn't make it to a game. Was piggybacking off my girlfriends work schedule so there wasn't any room to do it differently. Saw the stadium and walked around but didn't get to a game. Was extremely disappointed.

Where did you mention you are going?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, shes smoking but I think they could have done better with that playboy spread.

agreed. she looks best in all those random pics of her back in the fsu days. shame she got rid of the fake boobs though :x
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

agreed. she looks best in all those random pics of her back in the fsu days. shame she got rid of the fake boobs though :x

WHAT?! I don't get why women do this. Look, if you're going to be a whore, just be a fucking whore and let's end it.
This discussion has been closed.