***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I gotta say, if not for the chance of being traded, I feel the need to get a Blanton jersey over the rest. Someone needs to put a stop to this shitting on Fat Joe. Go Joe is what I say...

I love it how the "four aces" are supporting Blanton as well, they refused to do the media gig yesterday without Blanton.

I LOVE THAT.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,615
    pjhawks wrote:
    could never watch that game, one of the 3 worst sports losses i've had as a fan. too depressing.

#2 for me i think. but i'm a glutton for punishment. '08 makes it easier to stomach.

it's an incredibly insightful show. juggler recommends.

Iggles-TB #1 ?

never been more depressed walking out of a stadium in my whole life. slight edge there only cuz the phils came out of nowhere in '93. birds were overwhelming favorites.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    I'm LOVING DNL from Clearwater - it's little things like this that makes life tolerable.
    I gotta start buying this dude's work....

6a00d83451af4b69e2014e5f3cdb47970c-800wi

i was gonna post that earlier....that dude has some awesome stuff on his site.....running out of space in my bar though
    www.myspace.com

i was gonna post that earlier....that dude has some awesome stuff on his site.....running out of space in my bar though

I really need to get gainfully employed fast. I love the Howard one. Then there's the shit load of PJ posters I have cooped up in tubes waiting to be framed. Kinda pissed.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    booomm11 wrote:
    J Roll showing up to work early! Howard watchin Nova at the Pavillion... C'mon Ry, get in the cage!

Utley has been down there for 2 weeks. He looks jacked.

Wish we could fast forward to april 1st (brief time stop for my clearwater trip)...phils start and flyers playoffs. Can't fucking wait.
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    J Roll showing up to work early! Howard watchin Nova at the Pavillion... C'mon Ry, get in the cage!

Wish we could fast forward to april 1st (brief time stop for my clearwater trip)...phils start and flyers playoffs. Can't fucking wait.

Anybody remember how much stand room tix are? Think I'm gonna go down Opening Day and stand in line in the morning.

I really need to get gainfully employed fast. I love the Howard one. Then there's the shit load of PJ posters I have cooped up in tubes waiting to be framed. Kinda pissed.

the one that says "carry a big stick" or something with the skyline behind him? that one looked real cool. i thought the other one just made him look pretty fat. :lol:

i have two pj things still in tubes that i need to get on....one is that Time cover ("all the rage") from '93 that also has a Phillies sidebar thing on it. two of my favorite things in one. i love it. so awesome......also, someone gave me a picture of them playing a small gig in philly back in 1991 or 92. cant remember the name of it right now but its blown up to a small poster size. i've had these things literally for over 6 years and have not done anything with them yet.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

Anybody remember how much stand room tix are? Think I'm gonna go down Opening Day and stand in line in the morning.

I was trying to find tix during yesterday's pre-sale and most of the tix were standing room. I'm not sure how much they were going for. I want to say $27 a piece, but don't quote me on that.

This guy will be in section 139. I am disappointed in the 1:00 start. 3:00 or 4:00 would have been perfect
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    I need to order some tix soon. not sure if i should get the tree pack deal or six pack one :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

i don't remember. can't be more than 25 bucks or so right? i love that opening day is a friday this year. i'll be there...one way or another.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i don't remember. can't be more than 25 bucks or so right? i love that opening day is a friday this year. i'll be there...one way or another.

Yeah, I was thinking around 18 at best? Maybe?

And yeah, that's the Howard one I'm thinking of - something like "speak softly and carry a big stick" or something.

Yeah, I absolutely LOVE the idea of the season starting on a Friday - a whole weekend of Phils festivities; Friday Opening Day and Sunday starts my season plan. And then in between I'm going up to NYC for LCD Soundsystem's last show ever at MSG. Gonna be an awesome weekend.

Also, I think this means the season is going to start on April 1st no matter what day it falls one, which I love, and it falls in line with my proposed plan for how they're going to change the schedule up for playoff purposes.
    dude, actually the standing room tix were probably 27 for a pair. again, I'm not 100%.

eeriedave, I'd move fast on those tix if you're going to do that. During the pre-sale yesterday there were just scraps left. Most games was only standing room.

It's gonna be a complete zoo down there this year. I wouldn't be shocked to see $25 charges for parking
    The Fixer wrote:
    dude, actually the standing room tix were probably 27 for a pair. again, I'm not 100%.

eeriedave, I'd move fast on those tix if you're going to do that. During the pre-sale yesterday there were just scraps left. Most games was only standing room.

It's gonna be a complete zoo down there this year. I wouldn't be shocked to see $25 charges for parking

That's fine with me as long as they don't fuck up a good thing like FDR. THEN, I'll be fucking livid.

So 27 for a pair? That's fine by me.
    The Fixer wrote:

i think it's already $22 or some shit in the wachovia/wells fargo/first union/corestates lot....imagine how bad parking is gonna be for the next few years while they build this "philly live" monstrosity.

also could there be a dumber name than "philly live?"
    www.myspace.com
    Philly Live is fucking terrible.
    The Fixer wrote:

i think it's already $22 or some shit in the wachovia/wells fargo/first union/corestates lot....imagine how bad parking is gonna be for the next few years while they build this "philly live" monstrosity.

also could there be a dumber name than "philly live?"

2 great points.

coming in from Delco, I started parking in the Nova Care lots a couple of years ago. Easy in, easy out. That's whay she said.

I just let my idiot friends get there early and set up the tailgate, I walk down, and throw in money for beer. Done and done

the name or the idea of it?
    www.myspace.com

I can see those bastards trying to ban tailgating when that shit is finished being built. That would suck even more than the stupid name

Both. Sorta.

The idea is half-assed because it'll be highly commercialized and won't have any tangible element that you can sink your teeth into - they should let local shops set up business there.

And the name of course is fucking gay - just reiterating the fake facade of it all.

FDR till the day I die. Or until they start charging an arm and a leg.

Both. Sorta.

The idea is half-assed because it'll be highly commercialized and won't have any tangible element that you can sink your teeth into - they should let local shops set up business there.

And the name of course is fucking gay - just reiterating the fake facade of it all.

FDR till the day I die. Or until they start charging an arm and a leg.

other than fdr, i agree with both points. though, i'm willing to wait to see what the finished product looks like before passing judgment. but, yeah, if ends up looking and feeling like a f-cking mall, that's pretty weak.

regarding the name, i'm usually more inclined to be conservative with my use of the exclamation point anyway. sounds like the ucsb dude in the giants thread came up with philly live!!! :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Whats the deal with Philly Live? I haven't heard anything about it in a while. When are they getting started on it? Are they still get rid of all of H Lot? That blows.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Whats the deal with Philly Live? I haven't heard anything about it in a while. When are they getting started on it? Are they still get rid of all of H Lot? That blows.

I don't know if they're still doing that - I remember reading that Synder plans on scaling the idea for Philly Live back a bit and maybe adding to it later, what with the economy and all(I just like to say that).

I'm assuming once they finish with the demo and clean up, they'll begin some time soon after with construction.

I would think 2012 at the earliest.

And, Jeags, it's un-American if you cannot appreciate FDR.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't know if they're still doing that - I remember reading that Synder plans on scaling the idea for Philly Live back a bit and maybe adding to it later, what with the economy and all(I just like to say that).

I'm assuming once they finish with the demo and clean up, they'll begin some time soon after with construction.

Yeah, that shit is going to take forever. It's going to be a while before that opens. Will be interested to see what comes of it. You think it will take away from Chickies business?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that shit is going to take forever. It's going to be a while before that opens. Will be interested to see what comes of it. You think it will take away from Chickies business?

Most likely, but I'm assuming C&P will just move into that spot, or at least have a location there. Along with a Cavanaugh's or another McFadden's - that kinda shit.

All I want is for the Phils to treat the street outside CBP like they do during the playoffs every weekend. Just put a band out there with a bunch of vendors and let it be a huge party.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Most likely, but I'm assuming C&P will just move into that spot, or at least have a location there. Along with a Cavanaugh's or another McFadden's - that kinda shit.

All I want is for the Phils to treat the street outside CBP like they do during the playoffs every weekend. Just put a band out there with a bunch of vendors and let it be a huge party.

i think 2012 is really optimistic. just look how long it's taken them to knock the spectrum down. i'd give it 2-3 years from the time they start at best.......what will really suck though is if a bunch of retailers opt out (due to the economy and all :lol: ) and they open it up with 1/3 of the place being a ghost town. this new town center thing opened up near me recently and half of the place is finished but boarded up because so many places couldn't or didn't want to swing it at the time. you know the place jp? right off 422 in c-ville...

i too read snyder wanted to scale it down. originally wasn't there supposed to be a hotel or something involved with it?
    www.myspace.com

Yeah, thats a good point. I assume they will have a location there, maybe a little smaller one. Don't see them getting rid of the spot they have though, unless they can get something that size but I would be suprised at that. I am curious to see how long McFaddens can keep the location at CBP before the Phillies say fuck it and kick them to the curb for all their bad press, if this shit keeps happening with their management.

Don't recall that. Only time I was down there the playoffs was for Pearl Jam and I didn't catch that.
    i think 2012 is really optimistic. just look how long it's taken them to knock the spectrum down. i'd give it 2-3 years from the time they start at best.......what will really suck though is if a bunch of retailers opt out (due to the economy and all :lol: ) and they open it up with 1/3 of the place being a ghost town. this new town center thing opened up near me recently and half of the place is finished but boarded up because so many places couldn't or didn't want to swing it at the time. you know the place jp? right off 422 in c-ville...

i too read snyder wanted to scale it down. originally wasn't there supposed to be a hotel or something involved with it?

I took as JP saying they were going to start construction in 2012. Then it will take a while. Its going to be a while. I honestly don't think they will have a very difficult time filling it, at least in the beginning as long as the Phillies stay good. That is 40,000 people in that area 81 times a year.

Yeah, the hotel was supposed to be where the spectrum is. Wonder if that is off.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I took as JP saying they were going to start construction in 2012. Then it will take a while. Its going to be a while. I honestly don't think they will have a very difficult time filling it, at least in the beginning as long as the Phillies stay good. That is 40,000 people in that area 81 times a year.

Yeah, the hotel was supposed to be where the spectrum is. Wonder if that is off.

i must have misunderstood what he was saying....yeah you're probably right. 40,000 81 times a year plus all the shit across the street.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.