***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    i think 2012 is really optimistic. just look how long it's taken them to knock the spectrum down. i'd give it 2-3 years from the time they start at best.......what will really suck though is if a bunch of retailers opt out (due to the economy and all :lol: ) and they open it up with 1/3 of the place being a ghost town. this new town center thing opened up near me recently and half of the place is finished but boarded up because so many places couldn't or didn't want to swing it at the time. you know the place jp? right off 422 in c-ville...

i too read snyder wanted to scale it down. originally wasn't there supposed to be a hotel or something involved with it?

I took as JP saying they were going to start construction in 2012. Then it will take a while. Its going to be a while. I honestly don't think they will have a very difficult time filling it, at least in the beginning as long as the Phillies stay good. That is 40,000 people in that area 81 times a year.

Yeah, the hotel was supposed to be where the spectrum is. Wonder if that is off.

i must have misunderstood what he was saying....yeah you're probably right. 40,000 81 times a year plus all the shit across the street.

Yeah, definitely, the Flyers draw almost 20,000 40 times a year. I don't think they will have a problem filling it, especially when it's new. I bet they will bring some Philly spots in, Campos, Chickies, etc.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,615
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I took as JP saying they were going to start construction in 2012. Then it will take a while. Its going to be a while. I honestly don't think they will have a very difficult time filling it, at least in the beginning as long as the Phillies stay good. That is 40,000 people in that area 81 times a year.

Yeah, the hotel was supposed to be where the spectrum is. Wonder if that is off.

i must have misunderstood what he was saying....yeah you're probably right. 40,000 81 times a year plus all the shit across the street.

Yeah, definitely, the Flyers draw almost 20,000 40 times a year. I don't think they will have a problem filling it, especially when it's new. I bet they will bring some Philly spots in, Campos, Chickies, etc.

i just hate the construction of it though...excruciating to have to wait so long for the finished process. that's gonna be one huge mess for the next few years.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    i just hate the construction of it though...excruciating to have to wait so long for the finished process. that's gonna be one huge mess for the next few years.

No doubt about it. It's doing to be a straight up disaster down there. Luckily for me, public transportation it is.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Yeah, Jeags, I know where you're talking about - where Wegman's is and everything?

Know what's an underrated town and I'd like to see it rise like the Phoenix in its name? Phoenixville. Nice little spot. Was hanging out there last night.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Bought the six game pack w/ the Bo Sox (most of the tix were standing room only though)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Yeah, Jeags, I know where you're talking about - where Wegman's is and everything?

Know what's an underrated town and I'd like to see it rise like the Phoenix in its name? Phoenixville. Nice little spot. Was hanging out there last night.

correct.

i live right near phoenixville but don't head down there as much as i used to. but every time i do, i swear there is a new bar or restaurant that's opened up since my last visit.
    www.myspace.com

correct.

i live right near phoenixville but don't head down there as much as i used to. but every time i do, i swear there is a new bar or restaurant that's opened up since my last visit.

Yeah, big fan of the movie theater there - like keeping the history alive. That place should have more bands.

Was out last night at Sly Fox, then Molly Maguire's. And there's a place called The Bistro that has fantastic burgers.
  • Anyway we can get 6ABC to send Katharine Scott to Clearwater instead of Jaime Apody ?

Scott is sweet
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

correct.

Yeah, big fan of the movie theater there - like keeping the history alive. That place should have more bands.

Was out last night at Sly Fox, then Molly Maguire's. And there's a place called The Bistro that has fantastic burgers.

Black Lab Bistro? :think:

last time we were there we ate at Daddy Mimms....creole food/byob place. quality little establishment.
    www.myspace.com
    correct.

last time we were there we ate at Daddy Mimms....creole food/byob place. quality little establishment.

Nah, that's down the block a bit. That's pretty solid as well, but I think this place is just called The Bistro. One of the nights of the week they have $5 burgers.

EDIT: Just looked it up, it's called Bistro on Bridge.

Nah, that's down the block a bit. That's pretty solid as well, but I think this place is just called The Bistro. One of the nights of the week they have $5 burgers.

EDIT: Just looked it up, it's called Bistro on Bridge.

tough to keep track of all these places over there now. how can phoenixville be big enough for two bistros? :lol:

i gotta check that place out.
    www.myspace.com
    "The Phillies anticipated this situation before locking Ryan Howard up, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (Twitter links). The Phils discussed a possible Howard-Pujols trade internally"

One can only dream. Amaro would be receiving hand jobs and fellatio from other dudes if he did this.

And I'm reading that Maine will most likely be coming here. Not a bad risk for depth in case of injury.
    "The Phillies anticipated this situation before locking Ryan Howard up, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (Twitter links). The Phils discussed a possible Howard-Pujols trade internally"

One can only dream. Amaro would be receiving hand jobs and fellatio from other dudes if he did this.

And I'm reading that Maine will most likely be coming here. Not a bad risk for depth in case of injury.

wasn't it olney who mentioned this last year though?

agreed on maine...but what will they do with him if there are no injuries?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448

and that is the exact argument some of us made when they signed howard, that although it seemed high at the time (although the length of the contract can be argued) they set the market instead of following it.

no risk in taking a shot with maine but wouldn't expect anything at all from him.

saw sad story online today about Dallas Green talking about his granddaughter today at spring training.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

maine will get a minor league deal I think he blows anyway.

I don't really understand the fascination with this red sox series. sure it's two good teams, but I think the season ticket office is blowing it out of proportion. at least philly fans will get to see their 2 favorite teams :? .

dave, nice work getting your tix this week.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... riday.html
    pjhawks wrote:

and that is the exact argument some of us made when they signed howard, that although it seemed high at the time (although the length of the contract can be argued) they set the market instead of following it.

no risk in taking a shot with maine but wouldn't expect anything at all from him.

saw sad story online today about Dallas Green talking about his granddaughter today at spring training.

the thing is...it doesn't matter what pujols gets. 25 mill per year for howard is still ridiculously bad. still the worst contract in sports
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the thing is...it doesn't matter what pujols gets. 25 mill per year for howard is still ridiculously bad. still the worst contract in sports

haha what do you have an alert on your phone for when someone mentions Howard's contract? :D:D - good to have baseball coming back and have you back a bit more Fixer even though you drive me crazy sometimes ;) - i think we might need a new 2011 Phillies thread - jaegs should lead that one.
    pjhawks wrote:

haha what do you have an alert on your phone for when someone mentions Howard's contract? :D:D - good to have baseball coming back and have you back a bit more Fixer even though you drive me crazy sometimes ;) - i think we might need a new 2011 Phillies thread - jaegs should lead that one.

nah, just got home. was reading the paper and saw the phils ticket article so I posted it here. been busy as hell with this new job (which is awesome).

the next 6 weeks is gonna feel like an eternity
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't really understand the fascination with this red sox series. sure it's two good teams, but I think the season ticket office is blowing it out of proportion. at least philly fans will get to see their 2 favorite teams :? .

i've just resigned myself to having to stubhub it up all year.
    www.myspace.com
    i'm gonna ask that petrocs dude on facebook to change the thread name.

gonna be an unusal request coming from someone he barely knows. :lol: facebook.... :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    i'm gonna ask that petrocs dude on facebook to change the thread name.

gonna be an unusal request coming from someone he barely knows. :lol: facebook.... :roll:

or we could just start a new thread. wouldn't that be easier?
    The Fixer wrote:

i've just resigned myself to having to stubhub it up all year.

seriously anyone ever imagine the Phillies becoming this. It's feb. 16th and i'm totally psyched for baseball. i am a huge college hoops fan and march is always my favorite month but even that doesn't have me as excited as the phils. never imagined the phils would be the talk of the nation like this and selling out every game almost before opening day. wild. as a philly sports fan i almost feel like we are living in another dimension, this can't be real can it? greatest starting pitching staff of all time, phillies selling out every game. crazy.
    pjhawks wrote:

seriously anyone ever imagine the Phillies becoming this. It's feb. 16th and i'm totally psyched for baseball. i am a huge college hoops fan and march is always my favorite month but even that doesn't have me as excited as the phils. never imagined the phils would be the talk of the nation like this and selling out every game almost before opening day. wild. as a philly sports fan i almost feel like we are living in another dimension, this can't be real can it? greatest starting pitching staff of all time, phillies selling out every game. crazy.

it is pretty fucking crazy. I could do without the enormous bandwagon though. I just don't want the phils to become the red sox (and the gay red sox nation, which is the worst nickname in history).

This year should be exciting. I still don't think anything will top 2008 though. Actually, I know it won't. Nothing will ever top 2008

april and october have always been my favorite sports months. baseball, football, and hockey all going strong in both of those months (nfl draft in april)
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

it is pretty fucking crazy. I could do without the enormous bandwagon though. I just don't want the phils to become the red sox (and the gay red sox nation, which is the worst nickname in history).

This year should be exciting. I still don't think anything will top 2008 though. Actually, I know it won't. Nothing will ever top 2008

april and october have always been my favorite sports months. baseball, football, and hockey all going strong in both of those months (nfl draft in april)

agree on the bandwagon but the full stadium does allow us to get cliff lee etc. plus phils are pretty much are still a local team. i don't think there are a lot of people in the midwest saying they are phillies fans unless they are transplants.

also agree 100% on 2008. that whole run was awesome. i waited 25 years for a title in this town and that was a great release. the matt stairs home run was one of the greatest moments as a fan and the parade was one of the greatest days of my life. chills thinking about it. another will be sweet but will not quite approach 2008.
  • I'm just worried about a let down from all the hype. These guys look great on paper, but they still have to play the games. Last year this team was 2 games over .500 in July. They turned it on, but could they do it again?

At this point I'm more excited about the Flyers than anything else, although it's more fun to go to Phils games - outdoors, nice weather, overall a nicer stadium experience.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    If anyone starts a new Phils thread I'm going to seriously punch them in the vagina. Keep this shit going.
  • I'm just worried about a let down from all the hype. These guys look great on paper, but they still have to play the games. Last year this team was 2 games over .500 in July. They turned it on, but could they do it again?

At this point I'm more excited about the Flyers than anything else, although it's more fun to go to Phils games - outdoors, nice weather, overall a nicer stadium experience.

Agreed. Halladay is fucking perfection! You know you will get it out of him. The rest of those guys can be very good, but it's baseball so one of them has to fall apart in June. :mrgreen:
    If anyone starts a new Phils thread I'm going to seriously punch them in the vagina. Keep this shit going.

right.
    www.myspace.com

right.

And I request to see this FB back and forth - "Hey, guy, do me a favor and come visit the board you don't go to anymore. We need a change in the thread title." Welp, at least we know he'll have to visit at least once a year.
    Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but did anyone catch Dallas Green talking to the media regarding his late grand daughter? Sad stuff...
This discussion has been closed.