***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,621
    Fat Joe and the Terror Squad. Think I want them to hold onto him soley for that name :lol: :

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/02/yo ... shops.html
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Love me some south philly italian food. Dante and Luigis for me tonight. Fuck yeah
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Love me some south philly italian food. Dante and Luigis for me tonight. Fuck yeah

nice. ralph's is my favorite down there...
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Somehow I've never been to D&L's - always looks good. Hate paying for wine markups when I get go BYOB.

Sorry Jeags - Ralph's is way overrated.

If you want genuine regional Italian food try Le Virtu' on E. Passyunk. Little bit of a special occasion, but they started some specials on different nights of the week. Possibly my favorite Phila. restaurant, considering the delicious Abruzzese cuisine. :D;) Be careful with the cheese plate - it's not for the meek. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Somehow I've never been to D&L's - always looks good. Hate paying for wine markups when I get go BYOB.

Sorry Jeags - Ralph's is way overrated.

If you want genuine regional Italian food try Le Virtu' on E. Passyunk. Little bit of a special occasion, but they started some specials on different nights of the week. Possibly my favorite Phila. restaurant, considering the delicious Abruzzese cuisine. :D;) Be careful with the cheese plate - it's not for the meek. :lol:

bite your tongue! i love ralphs. and i took the fiance there the night we got engaged too. so it kinda holds a special place in the juggler's heart. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    FINALLY.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    FINALLY.

yes and comcast had a preview last night at 10:30. I don't think i've ever been excited for a baseball preview on february 13th but last night's was cool. had a good interview with Rollins as well. if he can stay healthy he is going to have a huge year i think. he admitted he knows he has to have a big year to come back.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    last night on the cooking channel :roll: they showed some burger joint named village whiskey. you guys ever been there? they did mention something about "give them 26 bucks and they'll bring you a burger" :lol:

p.s. the defense starts today!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    last night on the cooking channel :roll: they showed some burger joint named village whiskey. you guys ever been there? they did mention something about "give them 26 bucks and they'll bring you a burger" :lol:

p.s. the defense starts today!

Hmmmm, I think this used to be something else because this is near the place I moved out of last March, and I don't remember it.

Looks worth checking out - what with a shit load of whiskey and all....

P.P.S. - You have eight more months to act like a champion. ;)
    Just read up on it - looks like it's next to this place Tinto and is owned by Jose Garces. Most of his shit is super good. But I have this asshole complex of forcefully trying not to like anything that is too trendy or hipster doofus. I'm sure I can be coerced though.
    Just read up on it - looks like it's next to this place Tinto and is owned by Jose Garces. Most of his shit is super good. But I have this asshole complex of forcefully trying not to like anything that is too trendy or hipster doofus. I'm sure I can be coerced though.

Yeah, this place opened a little while after Tinto. I hear it's great. Been to Tinto but not there. Have been talking about going for a while. Have to get on that. Garces is all hyped up in Philly since he won that shit and I haven't been to any of his places since but they are all crazy good, especially Tinto.
  • bite your tongue! i love ralphs. and i took the fiance there the night we got engaged too. so it kinda holds a special place in the juggler's heart. :mrgreen:

Ah man, I'm sorry. I still don't think it's that good though. ;)

So you didn't actually get engaged in the restaurant right? That would be, ahem, fraudulent. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, this place opened a little while after Tinto. I hear it's great. Been to Tinto but not there. Have been talking about going for a while. Have to get on that. Garces is all hyped up in Philly since he won that shit and I haven't been to any of his places since but they are all crazy good, especially Tinto.

The problem with Village Whiskey, as I understand, is getting a table, or even getting to the bar to get a drink. And also very high priced whiskeys. But it's supposed to be spectaculor.

We went to Distrito last week - good stuff. Although the waitress sold my wife and my friend's wife on a pitcher of margaritas that cost, gulp, $60. :o Also, our tasting menu was a little shy of carbs, so I wasn't really that full. Chifa is another great Garces restaurant.

P.P.S. - You have eight more months to act like a champion. ;)
    I already know i'll be a basket case, one month into the season when the G-men are underperforming :lol:

We went to Distrito last week - good stuff. Although the waitress sold my wife and my friend's wife on a pitcher of margaritas that cost, gulp, $60. :o
    jesus christ! those better be some very, very, very special margaritas :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The problem with Village Whiskey, as I understand, is getting a table, or even getting to the bar to get a drink. And also very high priced whiskeys. But it's supposed to be spectaculor.

We went to Distrito last week - good stuff. Although the waitress sold my wife and my friend's wife on a pitcher of margaritas that cost, gulp, $60. :o Also, our tasting menu was a little shy of carbs, so I wasn't really that full. Chifa is another great Garces restaurant.

I think that seems to be the problem with most of the Garces places recently. I have not been to Distrito but have been to Chifa and really liked that as well. Of Tinto, Amada and Chifa, I liked Tinto the most. Definitely want to check out Distrito as well.
    bite your tongue! i love ralphs. and i took the fiance there the night we got engaged too. so it kinda holds a special place in the juggler's heart. :mrgreen:

Ah man, I'm sorry. I still don't think it's that good though. ;)

So you didn't actually get engaged in the restaurant right? That would be, ahem, fraudulent. :lol:

no worries....nah the engagement happened during the day, followed by an evening down in the city.

i am under 6 weeks away now. good god :shock:
    www.myspace.com
  • imalive wrote:
    jesus christ! those better be some very, very, very special margaritas :shock:

I am not a tequila drinker. I had a couple sips and wasn't blown away or anything. I thought the pitcher was an aggressive idea since my wife hasn't been full-out drinking in over a year. My friend's wife drank about 80% of it and they said they wanted to pay for the majority of the pitcher, and we put up a mild fight. On the way home, my wife said "I think she really did drink 5/6 of it." :lol:

I was talking to someone today about how the "$5 Shake" sounded so outrageous in Pulp Fiction. :roll:
    i am under 6 weeks away now. good god :shock:

Aww yeah - welcome to the club! :lol:;)

regarding tequila....the gypsy bar at the borgata shares about 95% of the blame for me not remember much of anything past 7pm at my bachelor party. that place is great.

getting the festivities started at noon didn't help much either. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    I gotta say, if not for the chance of being traded, I feel the need to get a Blanton jersey over the rest. Someone needs to put a stop to this shitting on Fat Joe. Go Joe is what I say...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    regarding tequila....the gypsy bar at the borgata shares about 95% of the blame for me not remember much of anything past 7pm at my bachelor party. that place is great.

getting the festivities started at noon didn't help much either. :thumbup:

I love tequila. My rule of thumb is that once the 2nd shot of tequila appears that everything is off the record.

I got an email today for an internet presale for phils tickets. I was trying to find something around fathers day (take my dad to a game every year around this time). There is next to nothing available. Most weekend games I tried were standing room only for best available. I was able to land a lower level seat vs STL in september.

Tickets don't go on sale to the public until march. Not gonna be many tickets left for any game. CBP is gonna be sold out for the entire season way before opening day.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I gotta say, if not for the chance of being traded, I feel the need to get a Blanton jersey over the rest. Someone needs to put a stop to this shitting on Fat Joe. Go Joe is what I say...

completely agree.

2008 wasn't that long ago. and the guy was their best starter (pre-lee) in 2009. he was hurt last year and all the sudden he blows?? ridiculous. he's not roy halladay, but he's still a solid SP that is a bargain on his current contract
  • Uncle Cholly wants a new deal by opening day
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    back to baseball...my brother in law got passed out drunk on tequila after YOU KNOW WHO won the WS ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    back to baseball...my brother in law got passed out drunk on tequila after YOU KNOW WHO won the WS ;)

I guess he's from Philly then? I was beyond hammered at the parade too. Can't believe it's been over two years now.
    anyone else watch this phils/jays game 6 thing on mlb tonight?

pretty cool watching mitch and joe carter talk about the whole game...
    www.myspace.com
    f-cking slide step...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448

could never watch that game, one of the 3 worst sports losses i've had as a fan. too depressing.
    pjhawks wrote:

could never watch that game, one of the 3 worst sports losses i've had as a fan. too depressing.

#2 for me i think. but i'm a glutton for punishment. '08 makes it easier to stomach.

it's an incredibly insightful show. juggler recommends.
    www.myspace.com
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    J Roll showing up to work early! Howard watchin Nova at the Pavillion... C'mon Ry, get in the cage!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • pjhawks wrote:

#2 for me i think. but i'm a glutton for punishment. '08 makes it easier to stomach.

it's an incredibly insightful show. juggler recommends.

Iggles-TB #1 ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.