***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741

ha! yeah those are pretty cool. the ozzie smith one is the best.

my only issue is the big nike swoosh

How about this one...

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?p ... 851.707584

Cubs have one like this too.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How about this one...

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?p ... 851.707584

Cubs have one like this too.

Oh, fuck. Now I know what I want.

The reggie one is pretty good too.

haha, I haven't been able to decide if it's awesome or horrible or both at the same time.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, I haven't been able to decide if it's awesome or horrible or both at the same time.

It's both. And I love it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, you may be right.

Yankees have one too. Colors are not as outrageous.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?p ... 527.710012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, you may be right.

Yankees have one too. Colors are not as outrageous.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?p ... 527.710012

Yeah, Phis need to start using the P for its logo and not the full Phillies logo sometimes. Either way, I was so excited that I didn't even look at the price. A buck forty? Jeeeesus.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    i'm opting for "horrible" on that last shirt. good god!
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,449

we agree, my god would someone really wear that?

man we need pitchers and catchers to report. this weather sucks and is depressing.
    pjhawks wrote:

man we need pitchers and catchers to report. this weather sucks and is depressing.

Man, you guys don't have an ounce of tacky humor in your bodies, do you?

I would applaude the person who has the balls to wear this in public.
    pjhawks wrote:

i think this is 3 things in 3 seperate threads over the last few days we have agreed on. gotta be some kind of record.

and jp---i totally get tacky humor, just not for $140. that is ri-god-damn-diculous. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

i think this is 3 things in 3 seperate threads over the last few days we have agreed on. gotta be some kind of record.

and jp---i totally get tacky humor, just not for $140. that is ri-god-damn-diculous. :lol:

Well, yeah. Like I said, I was so excited I didn't look at the price. Goooouuuuulet.
    Also, I thought this article was awesome. Especially if you're a stat nerd like myself...

http://deadspin.com/5747728/why-there-a ... e=true&s=i
  • Also, I thought this article was awesome. Especially if you're a stat nerd like myself...

That was awesome. I'll be looking for this in early October this year.

Remember Dale Murphy trying to hit that 400th home run? It was kind of sad.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    wanna feel like you're getting punched in the gut by mike tyson? yeah? okay, then read this and then watch the show on 2/14:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... ?viewAll=y

lots of cool insight into that dreaded last pitch from both perspectives. real big of carter not to do the talk show circuit out of respect to mitch. class act.

even though the outcome will be horrific, this show looks awesome. 90 minutes long too.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Also, I thought this article was awesome. Especially if you're a stat nerd like myself...

That was awesome. I'll be looking for this in early October this year.

Remember Dale Murphy trying to hit that 400th home run? It was kind of sad.

cool article. mickey mantle said that not retiring earlier, thereby ruining his career .300 average, was the biggest regret in his career. He said he was a .300 hitter. The Mantle doc that HBO did a few years ago is phenomenal.

7 days until pitchers and catchers report. Bought my opening day tix this week.
    ........................................YO. It's been a while. On the precipice of the best time of the year. :thumbup:
    You know whats dumb? Concerts not starting till 11 or later on a Tuesday night. Going to see Lauryn Hill at TLA tonight and it doesn't start till fucking 11.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You know whats dumb? Concerts not starting till 11 or later on a Tuesday night. Going to see Lauryn Hill at TLA tonight and it doesn't start till fucking 11.

And it's probably going to suck as well. My tip would be to go get loaded at O'Neal's beforehand.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And it's probably going to suck as well. My tip would be to go get loaded at O'Neal's beforehand.

Yeah, I read a bunch of awful reviews from her recent shows. Tickets were free so can't complain. Chick is crazy talented but I don't have really high expectations.

Starting the boozing right now.
    So wait, what's going on? Am I going to Alpine Valley on Labor Day weekend? Seems like it.
    So wait, what's going on? Am I going to Alpine Valley on Labor Day weekend? Seems like it.

Is that it? Where is this? I don't do the porch.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to get a grip on this. Apparently there's some legit sources saying it's happening. I could be dead wrong. I really don't wanna go there. I want a big fucking field with a tent.. Not a larger version of the Tweeter Center. Plus, it's fucking Wisconsin...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to get a grip on this. Apparently there's some legit sources saying it's happening. I could be dead wrong. I really don't wanna go there. I want a big fucking field with a tent.. Not a larger version of the Tweeter Center. Plus, it's fucking Wisconsin...

Interesting. Yeah, I don't know about the whole venue set up. Seems kind of dumb for a "festival" like this. Think I would prefer something more along those lines, then again, at ACL I was pumped about having a bed. I will be there either way.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Interesting. Yeah, I don't know about the whole venue set up. Seems kind of dumb for a "festival" like this. Think I would prefer something more along those lines, then again, at ACL I was pumped about having a bed. I will be there either way.

Word. We should put together a "This Is The Philly Tent Where You Argue About Anything & Everything."
    Word. We should put together a "This Is The Philly Tent Where You Argue About Anything & Everything."

Looks like this is the spot. Read they had shuttles for the Phish shows last year.

http://barkrivercampgrounds.com/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Looks like this is the spot. Read they had shuttles for the Phish shows last year.

Hmmmm, looks like this is like 18 miles away though. I could be wrong. I might do whatever's right next to the amphitheater then. I wanted a Bonnaroo-style set up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hmmmm, looks like this is like 18 miles away though. I could be wrong. I might do whatever's right next to the amphitheater then. I wanted a Bonnaroo-style set up.

i'm still holding out hope for the poconos :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i'm still holding out hope for the poconos :mrgreen:

The poh. ka. nose.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,449

"come on it's like Wisconsin, we zip in we zip out"
    i'd hate to have to give you guys a beatdown on the arguments in the argument tent, would be embarrassing to make you guys cry :D:D:D . should charge admission for the us to argue with the Fixer about Ryan Howard - man wouldn't that be worth the entertainment?

not sure i'd go to wisconsin for this. maybe Toronto if they do Canada. Hard to decide. If it's alpine valley not sure how they could fill the demand for 10C seats. And I thought it was going to be the week before labor day weekend to coincide with the anniversary of the release of Ten? who knows what is true and not.
This discussion has been closed.