***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    That age from 25-30 is the best. You're out of college and working so you have some money (unless you're in grad school), probably single, and still drinking like you're in college. I wish I could have stayed that age forever.

Ahh, now this is good shit. I have about two years left in this category. But who am I kidding, not much will change probably after 30 either.

Trust me, things start to change. People start getting married and having kids, therefore not hanging out as much.

Don't get me wrong, my wife is awesome and I wouldn't trade her, but that period before I met her was an incredible run of debatchery. I loved it.

The lesson is that getting old generally sucks

Yeah, this I'm starting to see already with a few of my newlywed friends. I just always think I'm smarter than the situation - which is obvious bullshit - so I think I'll just find new things that keep me busy and active so I don't have to think about all the dead soldiers(friends now married). I'm thinking a lot of trips to Vegas and various islands with paid women and a lot of drugs & alcohol.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I like rowand too, but I don't want him on the phils.

And I agree with JP, the giants would have to take most or all of rowands salary in order for the phils to take him.

For Hagen to insinuate that this would be a good move just boggles my mind

I'd like to have the 2007 Rowand on the Phils. I'd also like to have the 2007 Jimmy Rollins. :roll:

While we're at it, let's get the 1941 Ted Williams and the 1921 Babe Ruth for LF & RF. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Whats the deal with Yagers and Pearl Jam? Don't really feel like trying to figure it out.

May favorite bar in the city was next door. A Bar Named Sue. Now's it Beneluxx, which has a great beer list but the fondue is just okay.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Whats the deal with Yagers and Pearl Jam? Don't really feel like trying to figure it out.

May favorite bar in the city was next door. A Bar Named Sue. Now's it Beneluxx, which has a great beer list but the fondue is just okay.

Wow, times have changed huh? Great beer list but the fondue is just ok. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Trust me, things start to change. People start getting married and having kids, therefore not hanging out as much.

Don't get me wrong, my wife is awesome and I wouldn't trade her, but that period before I met her was an incredible run of debatchery. I loved it.

Yeah, this I'm starting to see already with a few of my newlywed friends. I just always think I'm smarter than the situation - which is obvious bullshit - so I think I'll just find new things that keep me busy and active so I don't have to think about all the dead soldiers(friends now married). I'm thinking a lot of trips to Vegas and various islands with paid women and a lot of drugs & alcohol.

eh, there's no right or wrong way to plan your personal life. not to sound like a corny bastard, but just enjoy whatever company you're with and have a good time. I never understood the people that felt urgency to get married...that's not something that I ever wanted to rush into. No way in hell I was getting married just because everyone else was doing it.

ironically, the buddies I have who were the hardest on other guys in relationships while we were single are now the most whipped of my married friends.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

LOVED Sue. Used to get hammered there all the time. Any place I can eat peanuts and not worry where the shells go is fine by me. That all group who owns those bars - drinkers, noche, lucy's hat, old bar names sue, the old bar noir, etc. etc. - has all decent bars. There's some hipstar doofuses, but all in all, I'd rather have them than the d-bags that frequent most bars.

Yager's is now called The Irish Pol and a DJ that used to be on YSP(or he could still be, I haven't listened to the radio in forever) - Couzin Ed - is a huge PJ fan, and is the manager there. Apparently he's made Monday nights, "PJ Night". Sounds like a swell idea. It's one that I wouldn't be a opposed to at least.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Wow, times have changed huh? Great beer list but the fondue is just ok. :lol:

haha, yeah, that sounded kind of gay. Not really the kind of place for just beer though, so the food needs to be better. You know?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

there's a tread on the porch about this. apparently one of the 10 club members is affiliated with that bar. I think he designated one night of the week 'pearl jam night' (pretty sure it's mondays, but I could be wrong). PJ is played all night...not sure if there are drink specials and stuff.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

eh, there's no right or wrong way to plan your personal life. not to sound like a corny bastard, but just enjoy whatever company you're with and have a good time. I never understood the people that felt urgency to get married...that's not something that I ever wanted to rush into. No way in hell I was getting married just because everyone else was doing it.

ironically, the buddies I have who were the hardest on other guys in relationships while we were single are now the most whipped of my married friends.

Yeah, I hear ya, man. I'm just touch and go with all of life in general. I find it humorous when friends of mine think they can plan out kids, marriage, etc, like finding a job, degree, buying a house. I'm mostly full of shit about thinking of partying my whole life, but it's based on what you said - you find new ways to be happy, maybe with new people. Wow, that was gay. I've just seen so many friends rush their way into so many things that they think they can control - and now don't seem happy - that I'm just jaded/cynical to the whole thing.

And I hear you on the irony of the ball busting - not that I make fun of my married friends, but my one married friend thinks I'm gonna be the one that gets married and they never see me again. But I call bullshit on that one.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

LOVED Sue. Used to get hammered there all the time. Any place I can eat peanuts and not worry where the shells go is fine by me. That all group who owns those bars - drinkers, noche, lucy's hat, old bar names sue, the old bar noir, etc. etc. - has all decent bars. There's some hipstar doofuses, but all in all, I'd rather have them than the d-bags that frequent most bars.

Yager's is now called The Irish Pol and a DJ that used to be on YSP(or he could still be, I haven't listened to the radio in forever) - Couzin Ed - is a huge PJ fan, and is the manager there. Apparently he's made Monday nights, "PJ Night". Sounds like a swell idea. It's one that I wouldn't be a opposed to at least.

Yeah, man. Sue was great. Loved the peanuts. Think I knew they owned a bunch of bars but didn't realize Lucy's was one of them. Good times.

Thats cool. I may have to check that out one of these weeks. I remember seeing something on it somewhere around here but didn't feel like searching for it. Thanks. Definitely going to have to check that out at some point.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

there's a tread on the porch about this. apparently one of the 10 club members is affiliated with that bar. I think he designated one night of the week 'pearl jam night' (pretty sure it's mondays, but I could be wrong). PJ is played all night...not sure if there are drink specials and stuff.

that guy is that "couzin ed" dude from ysp. he's also the annoying on field pa announcer at eagles games. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliff, here's the thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147041

I addressed the drink special topic as well.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that guy is that "couzin ed" dude from ysp. he's also the annoying on field pa announcer at eagles games. :roll:

WYSP today...fax machines yesterday. jeags, do you know the year is 2011?
    Cliff, here's the thread - http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147041

I addressed the drink special topic as well.

Good shit. Thanks, dude. Definitely going to hit that up one of these weeks.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the success of this thread is how it seamlessly meanders from baseball into life's other matters. whereas, the giants thread gets stuff like "i love brian wilson's beard" :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the success of this thread is how it seamlessly meanders from baseball into life's other matters. whereas, the giants thread gets stuff like "i love brian wilson's beard" :mrgreen:

I'm not gonna lie - we're kind of a big deal. :mrgreen:

Nah, you're right. That's what I like most about these Philly threads - they're never just about the topic at hand. We might be assholes, but we got substance damnit! :thumbup:
    I don't know if this was posted. Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmR82553eR8
  • imalive wrote:

This is the de facto "all things Philly" thread.

imalive wrote:

This is the de facto "all things Philly" thread.

and philly is the de facto home of pearl jam...most of the time :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

WYSP today...fax machines yesterday. jeags, do you know the year is 2011?

huh? i just know who the guy is. did you read the thread we're talking about?

ysp blows, always has. only thing on regular radio i ever listen to music-wise is xpn.

re fax machines: yesterday i sold a loan to a lady who doesn't have one nor does she have email so i had to fedex everything to her. i'm pretty sure she was talking on a rotary phone too. this lady owns her own small business too. :?

but tons of people in this country still use faxes, depsite them being so outdated. we get them sent to our emails with that "rightfax" thing, which is awesome.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    XPN's the shit.
    XPN's the shit.

i'm falling in love with it all over again. been listening to that way more than ipod and sirius at work recently.
    www.myspace.com
    XPN's the shit.

i'm falling in love with it all over again. been listening to that way more than ipod and sirius at work recently.

Yeah, I go through periods. I feel like when I don't listen to it I miss out on a whole new slew of shit that I wish I knew about.
    I don't know if this was posted. Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmR82553eR8

haha. pretty realistic actually...not sure if that's good or bad

ysp blows, always has. only thing on regular radio i ever listen to music-wise is xpn.

re fax machines: yesterday i sold a loan to a lady who doesn't have one nor does she have email so i had to fedex everything to her. i'm pretty sure she was talking on a rotary phone too. this lady owns her own small business too. :?

but tons of people in this country still use faxes, depsite them being so outdated. we get them sent to our emails with that "rightfax" thing, which is awesome.

I've never even heard of that Ed guy

fax thing is funny. all fax machines should be replaced with scanners. obama should do something useful and implement this
  • Well kids, we never got our Eagles/Pats superbowl, but here's to a Phils/Sox world series! How many more days til spring training starts?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Well kids, we never got our Eagles/Pats superbowl, but here's to a Phils/Sox world series! How many more days til spring training starts?

17. Thank. God.
    Well kids, we never got our Eagles/Pats superbowl, but here's to a Phils/Sox world series! How many more days til spring training starts?

17. Thank. God.

No shit. Though the flyers have done a good job of giving me something to look forward to watching.

FF, you are the man, but there's no way in hell I can pull for the Sox. This year the Sox fan base will grow from 20 million people to 40 million. not good times
  • Well kids, we never got our Eagles/Pats superbowl, but here's to a Phils/Sox world series! How many more days til spring training starts?

Or maybe a Flyers-Bruins East Conf Finals...

edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I've never even heard of that Ed guy

fax thing is funny. all fax machines should be replaced with scanners. obama should do something useful and implement this

he's the guy running the pearl jam night at that bar we were talking about.

also the "give it up for swoooooooooooooooooooooooooooop" guy at birds games. horrendous.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.