***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Not a bad thread.....not too bad at all...... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147041

Anybody been to the Irish Pol? I feel like it's new and used to be something else due to it's location.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    Not a bad thread.....not too bad at all...... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147041

Anybody been to the Irish Pol? I feel like it's new and used to be something else due to it's location.

so that's really cousin ed?

always thought he was a tool. i hate how he steals dan baker's time at eagles games too. dan baker is awesome......this does sound like an awesome idea though. never heard of irish pol.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    phils resign Kendrick for 2.45 million. how does a guy suck like that and still make 2.45 million.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=7905328

for every person who gets stuck with the kendrick home starts this year you should get $5.00 back off your tickets.
    pjhawks wrote:
    phils resign Kendrick for 2.45 million. how does a guy suck like that and still make 2.45 million.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=7905328

for every person who gets stuck with the kendrick home starts this year you should get $5.00 back off your tickets.

He's getting paid what his stats are comparable to. It's actually not bad for his numbers compared to what other pitchers around his arb year is getting. I figured this is what he would get. I wasn't going to be surprised if he got 3 or over too. I also definitely don't see any way Blanton stays on this roster much longer with that kind of payday to to Kendrick. Plus, it's really not a big deal. We're talking about the #5 starter here.

EDIT: But maybe I spoke too soon...Rube's a good liar though, so who knows...

Amaro Not Comfortable Trading Blanton
    By Mike Axisa [January 18 at 4:55pm CST]

It's been widely assumed that the Phillies would trade Joe Blanton after signing Cliff Lee, if for no other reason than to shed the $8.5MM he's owed in each of the next two seasons to create some salary relief. GM Ruben Amaro Jr. told Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that might not be the case, however.

"I don’t feel comfortable doing it," said Amaro. "He’s going to pitch for the Phillies, probably for the entire season ... We do not need to trade the man."

The number of teams looking for starting pitching is plentiful, but one rival GM told Rosenthal there was "not a chance" that his team would want Blanton unless the Phillies ate a significant portion of his salary.

The 30-year-old right-hander pitched to a 4.82 ERA with 6.9 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 in 175.2 innings last season. It was the first time he failed to throw at least 194 innings in a full season in his career, but you can blame that on an oblique strain that robbed him of all of April.
    yeah i'm fine with that $ for kendrick...but would be shocked if blanton pitches the full season with the phils.
    www.myspace.com
    HOLY SHIT. Heard one dude died and another 4 are in critical condition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT8WPAey ... r_embedded
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,425
    edited January 2011

That's horrible.
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

That's horrible. It's gotta be big news if an anchor with an English accent is reporting on it. I know, not a good time for humor.

...too soon. too soon.
    www.myspace.com
  • ...too soon. too soon.

I got rid of it. Stupid.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;

• I used to live on Greenwich St. in South Philly, and there was a gap of 3 or 4 missing houses on the block because there had been a gas explosion, I think in the 60s.

...too soon. too soon.

I got rid of it. Stupid.

i was only kidding dude.
    www.myspace.com
    I used to live on Greenwich St. in South Philly, and there was a gap of 3 or 4 missing houses on the block because there had been a gas explosion, I think in the 60s.

One of these actually happened on 3rd street right off of South like a year ago. It looked like a war zone - burned out cars like you would see in the Iraq or something. I heard it from my house 20 odd blocks away.
  • Here's a horrible article: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110119_Bill_Conlin__Best_hitters_feasted_on_second-game_pitching.html

The headline says that hitters loved hitting in the 2nd half of doubleheaders in the olden days. Then of course, he offers up absolutely no evidence to support this hypothesis. WTF

Who has actually sat all the way through an actual doubleheader? It can be like a death march. And the first game always go into extra innings. :lol:

Here's a horrible article: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110119_Bill_Conlin__Best_hitters_feasted_on_second-game_pitching.html

The headline says that hitters loved hitting in the 2nd half of doubleheaders in the olden days. Then of course, he offers up absolutely no evidence to support this hypothesis. WTF

Who has actually sat all the way through an actual doubleheader? It can be like a death march. And the first game always go into extra innings. :lol:

i don't know about hitting better during a double header, but i would like to see a few of them scheduled to reduce the length of the season a few days to a week. i have no idea logistically how it would be possible. but, i mean, they played them all the time up until recently.
    www.myspace.com
    Just read that the new scoreboard costs $10 mil. This team's got some mmmmmmmmoney. I know they already have mine. :mrgreen:

Insert quip of "I guess it was this or a right fielder" here...
  • Just read that the new scoreboard costs $10 mil. This team's got some mmmmmmmmoney. I know they already have mine. :mrgreen:

Insert quip of "I guess it was this or a right fielder" here...

I'll take the scoreboard. :lol:

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    You jerkoffs upgraded the scoreboard already? Same size, same place? I don't recall the exact number but I think the Yanks video screen was around $10mil so I don't really get where this is going.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You jerkoffs upgraded the scoreboard already? Same size, same place? I don't recall the exact number but I think the Yanks video screen was around $10mil so I don't really get where this is going.

Like Scrooge McDuck swimming through his money in DuckTales over here...

But don't worry you're little Yankee head, sir. If it makes you feel better, it's the biggest HD screen in the NL and not the overall Majors.

Plus, that other screen blew. It was big and not HD. And who can be taken serious without HD??? Also, you had to look in like three different places if you wanted the score, count, time, pitch, speed, etc. etc.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... board.html
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But don't worry you're little Yankee head, sir. If it makes you feel better, it's the biggest HD screen in the NL and not the overall Majors.

Plus, that other screen blew. It was big and not HD. And who can be taken serious without HD??? Also, you had to look in like three different places if you wanted the score, count, time, pitch, speed, etc. etc.

:lol::lol::lol: That's a pretty good analogy. Will look nice out there, I am sure. It's funny you say that because I always complained about where all those stats were positioned at CBP.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: That's a pretty good analogy. Will look nice out there, I am sure. It's funny you say that because I always complained about where all those stats were positioned at CBP.

It sucked. The pitch/speed were either in the right field wall or down the 1st or 3rd base line. And then, if you were in a place where you couldn't conveniently see the left field scoreboard, then you wouldn't be able to see the lineup. Or have a sore neck.

Apparently they're doing a complete HD upgrade, so that's good. The tv's around the concourse blew. Couldn't even see what was going on when waiting for a beer.
    It sucked. The pitch/speed were either in the right field wall or down the 1st or 3rd base line. And then, if you were in a place where you couldn't conveniently see the left field scoreboard, then you wouldn't be able to see the lineup. Or have a sore neck.

Apparently they're doing a complete HD upgrade, so that's good. The tv's around the concourse blew. Couldn't even see what was going on when waiting for a beer.

Yeah, I don't remember the specifics as much as you but I always have to look in different places for the count and pitch/speed.

Dude, the Phillies have so much money.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I don't remember the specifics as much as you but I always have to look in different places for the count and pitch/speed.

Yeah, I really can't believe it. That's not a ballpark. It's a mint. And each seat is a printing press.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I really can't believe it. That's not a ballpark. It's a mint. And each seat is a printing press.

Most new stadiums are, that world series just came at a perfect time. The combination has been a gold mine.
  • I agree with everything you guys have said:

-The old videoboard was mediocre.
    -I couldn't find the pitch speed/count, ERA, averages, lineups...
    -Citizens Park is a mint.
    -Phillies are loaded and are printing money.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    I agree with everything you guys have said:

i'd be more inclined to care about the scoreboard with video if they actually showed highlights, but anything even remotely interesting during a game isn't shown as to not show up the umps or other team. it's annoying as hell.

but i do agree with the setup was a pain trying to find stats on it. and i sit right behind home plate in the 3rd level and can't see a scoreboard that shows me pitch speed. minor complaints but since we are talking about it.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

That could be said about any ownership. The team with the most money would probably be the Mariners. You wouldn't know it based on their team though.

That could be said about any ownership. The team with the most money would probably be the Mariners. You wouldn't know it based on their team though.

We're talking in the sense of what the ballpark is doing. The revenue generated by baseball operations. Not that Seattle is owned by Nintendo and Toronto by Rogers. The money that CBP put into the franchise is what produces the payroll - not the ancillary operations outside of baseball.
    ALSO, my marketing management professor had a huuuuge rip on Ryan Howard tonight. It was awesome. Something along the lines of relative return of investment and the such... and how a professional baseball player who is successful at doing his job 26% of the time, hits under 40 homers ,and strikes out with the bat on his shoulder with the season on the line, gets paid a cool 25 million dollars. I had a shit eating grin on my face ear to ear. You could hear the moans under everyone's breath just by the fact that he brought it up. I think I like this professor.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    ALSO, my marketing management professor had a huuuuge rip on Ryan Howard tonight. It was awesome. Something along the lines of relative return of investment and the such... and how a professional baseball player who is successful at doing his job 26% of the time, hits under 40 homers ,and strikes out with the bat on his shoulder with the season on the line, gets paid a cool 25 million dollars. I had a shit eating grin on my face ear to ear. You could hear the moans under everyone's breath just by the fact that he brought it up. I think I like this professor.

is Fixer your Professor ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.