***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Up next.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Yeah, they've done Silk City, Good Dog, some diner in the northeast before, places down the shore, lancaster, other parts of Jersey. I'm a big fan of the show, just can't stand the douche.

No shit, thats pretty cool. Didn't realize they did that much local stuff. I will have to check it out more. People fucking love Silk City, foods pretty good but I think it's just alright overall, feel like they are trying to hard.
    This place fries everything. Those pickles are slamming.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My mouth is watering right now. God damnit, I gotta back down to the city asap. I'm greasing the gears of a buddy of mine of talking him out of living in suburbia and moving on down.
    That horseradish buttermilk sauce looks unreal.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My mouth is watering right now. God damnit, I gotta back down to the city asap. I'm greasing the gears of a buddy of mine of talking him out of living in suburbia and moving on down.

Yeah, man. You definitely do. I won't live outside of a city until I have kids. I couldn't imagine. I wasn't around for Philly 5-10 years ago but I feel like it's at a real peak right now in terms of quality of life and all for young professionals.

Hell yeah, love me some horseradish.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Love it. Put it on my advil.

Dude, of course that homo from Preston and Steve had to have some kind of cameo.

I don't even like tofu and that looked good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude, of course that homo from Preston and Steve had to have some kind of cameo.

haha, thats fucking funny. I may hijack that line some day.

Didn't catch that, who was it? That Casey dude?

Yeah, I don't know about the tofu, never been a fan. There are a few things I just stay away form completely.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, thats fucking funny. I may hijack that line some day.

Didn't catch that, who was it? That Casey dude?

Yeah, I don't know about the tofu, never been a fan. There are a few things I just stay away form completely.

I guess Steve because Preston's the bigger dude.

Yeah, not into the whole tofu thing, but I liked what he did with the coconut to look like bacon. Either way, i gotta tell my vegan friend about it. Because for myself I'd just go with the normal bacon - what sane person chooses coconut that looks like bacon over real bacon? Crazy people that's who.

Yeah, not into the whole tofu thing, but I liked what he did with the coconut to look like bacon. Either way, i gotta tell my vegan friend about it. Because for myself I'd just go with the normal bacon - what sane person chooses coconut that looks like bacon over real bacon? Crazy people that's who.

Oh gotcha, I think they are all gigantic dorks and incredibly unamusing.

haha, yeah. I'm with you on all that. And speaking of bacon and bringing everything back to petes sake, they now put a piece of bacon in their bloody marys, its pure fucking genius.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, yeah. I'm with you on all that. And speaking of bacon and bringing everything back to petes sake, they now put a piece of bacon in their bloody marys, its pure fucking genius.

Yeah, Preston and Steve is the worst.

NICE on the bacon. I've seen that done before. The more bacon the better is how I feel. Ya know what they're always out of when I go there? The crab mac and cheese. And my favorite for lunch/brunch, the tuna tacos seem to always be out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, Preston and Steve is the worst.

NICE on the bacon. I've seen that done before. The more bacon the better is how I feel. Ya know what they're always out of when I go there? The crab mac and cheese. And my favorite for lunch/brunch, the tuna tacos seem to always be out.

They have been doing it for a while now but I was suprised when I first saw it, hadn't seen it before but it's a great idea. Are they? the crab mac and cheese and tuna tacos are great. They do run out of shit from time to time but I have never had a problem with either of those. They had buffalo chicken soup the other day, holy fuck it was good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    They have been doing it for a while now but I was suprised when I first saw it, hadn't seen it before but it's a great idea. Are they? the crab mac and cheese and tuna tacos are great. They do run out of shit from time to time but I have never had a problem with either of those. They had buffalo chicken soup the other day, holy fuck it was good.

God. Damnit. I gotta get down there. It's been a while.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

God. Damnit. I gotta get down there. It's been a while.

Dude, it was fucking great. Ordered a bowl and I was on fire by the time I finished it.
  • Goddam, now I'm starving. Picking my father-in-law up at the airport soon, we may have to stop for lunch in S. Philly.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Hey, Philly/Delco/Montco/Chesco heads, do you guys know of any indoor b-ball courts that don't cost any money?
  • Hey, Philly/Delco/Montco/Chesco heads, do you guys know of any indoor b-ball courts that don't cost any money?

Hmmm. Used to play on Monday nights at Bonner, but that was with work people, so we probably paid for it. And it was about 10 years ago.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Hey, Philly/Delco/Montco/Chesco heads, do you guys know of any indoor b-ball courts that don't cost any money?

Hmmm. Used to play on Monday nights at Bonner, but that was with work people, so we probably paid for it. And it was about 10 years ago.

Nice. I went to school there.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Yeah, they've done Silk City, Good Dog, some diner in the northeast before, places down the shore, lancaster, other parts of Jersey. I'm a big fan of the show, just can't stand the douche.

Silk City is underrated. I used to live right around the corner from that place. Silk City diner is good too
    The Fixer wrote:

Silk City is underrated. I used to live right around the corner from that place. Silk City diner is good too

Absolutely. And I hope it stays that way. LOVE the diner. The hangover special is glorious. Love everything about that place.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agree 100%. I don't understand why they're popular.

dude, there aren't even any outdoor courts in these parts. and the LA Fitness in havertown sucks balls, so it doesn't even have hoops.

Picked up my keys in Towson this morning. So I can stop bitching about havertown now.

EDIT: actually, when I got back my neighbor across the street had stolen the spot in front of my house that I had shoveled out. I got him to move his car. My wife told me shortly afterwards he was out there shoveling a spot for himself. She said she felt bad, I said fuck him.
    The Fixer wrote:

Absolutely. And I hope it stays that way. LOVE the diner. The hangover special is glorious. Love everything about that place.

When Silk City reopened with the beer garden, everyone was hyping it up and talked about how incredible it was. Been there a bunch of times, since I work around the corner, and the food is good and the beer list is somewhat solid, but it's not my favorite. Not sure why.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They suck. Gave them a shot and listened to them for a while when I was in sales and they are just incredibly annoying and complete tools.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624

you can try the old radnor middle school gym. we used to play there a lot when we weren't sneaking into the dupont :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

dude, there aren't even any outdoor courts in these parts. and the LA Fitness in havertown sucks balls, so it doesn't even have hoops.

Picked up my keys in Towson this morning. So I can stop bitching about havertown now.

EDIT: actually, when I got back my neighbor across the street had stolen the spot in front of my house that I had shoveled out. I got him to move his car. My wife told me shortly afterwards he was out there shoveling a spot for himself. She said she felt bad, I said fuck him.

Haha, yeah, now onto bitching about Towson. :thumbup:

I never really had a problem finding an outdoor court. There's plenty of them around. We used to play at Annunciation up that way a lot.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They suck. Gave them a shot and listened to them for a while when I was in sales and they are just incredibly annoying and complete tools.

I agree. The dude that does those stupid voices makes my skin crawl. Almost as bad as 610
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450

used to play a lot at Haverford College (if you put up with the tools there, strangest people on earth go to that school). Might be harder in basketball season but used to be able to get into their gym there pretty regurally but that was like 10-15 or so years ago. they also had a really old 2nd gym from like 1920 that was basically falling apart but could get into. it was the size of a closet but had hoops. had a track running along the top of the building that was condemned it was so old.

if you have enough guys to play regularly you can also rent a gym on a week-to-week basis. used to rent out Coopertown gym through the township recreation department as well and it was pretty cheap. would get it on wednesday nights from 8-10 and it was like $200 for like 10 weeks or something.
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah, Haverford College is a weird place. A buddy of mine used to go there. Well, until I had him essentially kicked off campus due to drunk sleepwalking/pissing in his roommate's computer desk followed by then punching said dude in the jaw. Hence, I don't remember doing this. I think he thanks me for it though because then he transferred to Penn.
This discussion has been closed.