***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6007667

Wow. I was just reading this.....crazy. Horrible. Hearing how it all went home makes it just that much worse, and hits a little harder. Crazy how these guys get ingrained into a community and it takes on the feeling of hitting that much closer to home. Kinda like when HK passed. Never met the dude, but you feel like at times like these that these incidents hit in a personal way. It's amazing how many lunatics are out there allowed to walk the streets. It's even more astounding that people think they need guns - or at least how the procedure of attaining one is as easy as buying a hoagie.

that dude is a complete and total whack job. mug shock is freaky looking

This Tea Party shit is WAY out of control.

I was just reading a story on his parents. Just an absolute sad situation all around.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6007667

Wow. I was just reading this.....crazy. Horrible. Hearing how it all went home makes it just that much worse, and hits a little harder. Crazy how these guys get ingrained into a community and it takes on the feeling of hitting that much closer to home. Kinda like when HK passed. Never met the dude, but you feel like at times like these that these incidents hit in a personal way. It's amazing how many lunatics are out there allowed to walk the streets. It's even more astounding that people think they need guns - or at least how the procedure of attaining one is as easy as buying a hoagie.

that dude is a complete and total whack job. mug shock is freaky looking

This Tea Party shit is WAY out of control.

i thought there was no indication he was a member of the tea party or sarah palin supporter at all. apparently his two favorite books are mein kempf and the communist manifesto. dude is all over the place crazy.
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    there isn't, he's just a nut job. So so sad. I can't even imagine losing a child like that. It would be hard enough as it is, but because some whacko has issues. It just breaks your heart.
    there isn't, he's just a nut job. So so sad. I can't even imagine losing a child like that. It would be hard enough as it is, but because some whacko has issues. It just breaks your heart.

i hate the fact that certain kinds of people actually seem to be rooting for him to be lumped in with the palin/tea party clan. take a stroll over to the atm to see what i'm talking about. that's pretty sad too and makes me quite uneasy. polical discourse in this country is really in the crapper. anywho....go phils.
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

i hate the fact that certain kinds of people actually seem to be rooting for him to be lumped in with the palin/tea party clan. take a stroll over to the atm to see what i'm talking about. that's pretty sad too and makes me quite uneasy. polical discourse in this country is really in the crapper. anywho....go phils.

yeah well sometimes politics have to take a back seat to reality, this guy was just sick. People want to lump him into that so that they can back up their opinions that the tea party is causing so problems in the country overall.

It's bullshit.

And yeah, go Phils, I started seeing some commercials on PHL17 - and I still can't believe we got Lee back. It gives me that giddy feeling that I get when PJ announces a tour. I'm like a little kid. :D
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    just over a month until pitchers and catchers report. snow in the forecast, can't help but think of a beautiful 80 degree spring/summer day the ballpark, lee or halliday on the mound, cold beer in hand....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

no one is rooting for him to be affiliated ... some people like to think that of some other people but it isn't grounded in any reality ...
    Ironically, comedians have more poignancy than most in society that we're "suppose" to hear from...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-j ... s-reaction
  • polaris_x wrote:

no one is rooting for him to be affiliated ... some people like to think that of some other people but it isn't grounded in any reality ...

Nobody's "rooting" for the nutcase to be lumped in with the Tea Party. The first person to talk about the nasty political rhetoric influencing something like this was the sheriff in charge of the case. Maybe he also remembers that the same congresswoman's office was vandalized after the Health Reform vote. The guy probably has no affiliation with anyone (since he's described as a loner), but what these clowns don't realize with their inflammatory rhetoric, such as "taking target" at swing districts, is that people who are unstable will take them literally and do stuff like this. The only thing that's surprising is that it's taken this long for it to happen, considering pretty much anybody can get assault weapons at will in this country.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    polaris_x wrote:

Nobody's "rooting" for the nutcase to be lumped in with the Tea Party. The first person to talk about the nasty political rhetoric influencing something like this was the sheriff in charge of the case. Maybe he also remembers that the same congresswoman's office was vandalized after the Health Reform vote. The guy probably has no affiliation with anyone (since he's described as a loner), but what these clowns don't realize with their inflammatory rhetoric, such as "taking target" at swing districts, is that people who are unstable will take them literally and do stuff like this. The only thing that's surprising is that it's taken this long for it to happen, considering pretty much anybody can get assault weapons at will in this country.

i actually kind of thought the sherif was out of line. it's not his place to be making assumptions either. apparently he's now saying rush limbaugh is indirectly to blame. :shock: but again--there's no evidence this lunatic was a tea party member or a sara palin supporter. so while what palin said was probably a bit stupid (no surprise there), it doesn't mean this guy took that literally. i've seen reports that he was extremely upset over an answer giffords gave him at town hall a few years ago and he let it fester inside him....this was before palin's comments/facebook post about swing districts last year.

"if they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." --not a sarah palin quote. that's a barrack obama quote from 2008. just sayin'. lots of people say stupid, and perhaps irresponsible, things from time to time. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/1 ... ing-a-gun/ . nobody's
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    "if they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." --not a sarah palin quote. that's a barrack obama quote from 2008. just sayin'. lots of people say stupid, and perhaps irresponsible, things from time to time. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/1 ... ing-a-gun/ . nobody's

and this has what to do with the phillies? leave political talk on 'a moving train' - pitchers and catchers just over a month guys
  • pjhawks wrote:

and this has what to do with the phillies? leave political talk on 'a moving train' - pitchers and catchers just over a month guys

Sorry - I'm done.

See ya Escalona.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

touche.
    it is indirectly related due to dallas' granddaughter though....also--i loathe the amt :lol: those people drive me nuts.
    www.myspace.com
  • Aumont back to the bullpen. That's still just a terrible trade.

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Aumont back to the bullpen. That's still just a terrible trade.

he's jerry spradlin reincarnated. same delivery and all.

apparently manuel is gonna get $4+ million per year on his contract extension. if that happens it will be the biggest waste of money in sports history
  • The Fixer wrote:

apparently manuel is gonna get $4+ million per year on his contract extension. if that happens it will be the biggest waste of money in sports history

Bigger than the R6 contract? :o:lol:

A lot of managing in baseball is keeping the clubhouse at an even keel for 7 long months, which isn't as important in a sprint season like football. He's one of the best at that, even if he's rather terrible at things like managing the bullpen in a short series. (and sitting struggling hitters before they cost the team the season)

The Fixer wrote:

Bigger than the R6 contract? :o:lol:

It's 1 and 1A

• Talking about which bullpen guys to sign next season is just a tad premature. Any one of those guys could tank this year or be great. That's how the bullpen goes.

I have a feeling the Phils are scrapping any bullpen "youth movement" plans. :roll: :evil:

Talking about which bullpen guys to sign next season is just a tad premature. Any one of those guys could tank this year or be great. That's how the bullpen goes.

I have a feeling the Phils are scrapping any bullpen "youth movement" plans. :roll: :evil:

That's the point of the article.
  • That's the point of the article.

Right, so why even worry about it? I mean, other than needing something to write about for a baseball article in January. I think we're saying the same thing.

That's the point of the article.

Right, so why even worry about it? I mean, other than needing something to write about for a baseball article in January. I think we're saying the same thing.

You're right.....back to talking about Lee's wife being a two-face'er.....
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

Worse then Reid who hasn't won anything in 12 years ?
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

Worse then Reid who hasn't want anything in 12 years ?

oh boy.... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    oh boy.... :lol:

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

Worse then Reid who hasn't won anything in 12 years ?

nope he hasn't won anything :?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    At the risk of sounding really gay, The Memphis Taproom in Fishtown is about to be on the Food Network. Not a bad spot, a bit overrated, but not bad.

Edit: And unfortunately it is apparantely on that show with the guy that is a complete fucking tool.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    At the risk of sounding really gay, The Memphis Taproom in Fishtown is about to be on the Food Network. Not a bad spot, a bit overrated, but not bad.

Edit: And unfortunately it is apparantely on that show with the guy that is a complete fucking tool.

Ah. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Great show, horrible host. It's on now?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, thats it. I haven't watched this show before but I dislike him. Yeah, they haven't gotten to Philly yet.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, thats it. I haven't watched this show before but I dislike him. Yeah, they haven't gotten to Philly yet.

Yeah, they've done Silk City, Good Dog, some diner in the northeast before, places down the shore, lancaster, other parts of Jersey. I'm a big fan of the show, just can't stand the douche.
This discussion has been closed.