***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    When they made the move to the Navy Yard, I had no idea what they were doing. Who upgrades every part of their company in a recession? Didn't make any sense then or now.

But if you have seen the billboard on 95. "Bill Gates started Microsoft during a recession" which is pretty much the most useless fact ever.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    When they made the move to the Navy Yard, I had no idea what they were doing. Who upgrades every part of their company in a recession? Didn't make any sense then or now.

But if you have seen the billboard on 95. "Bill Gates started Microsoft during a recession" which is pretty much the most useless fact ever.

Ridiculous. Bill Gates also changed the way humans live. As much as I love the butterscotch krimpet, I don't think it's having the same kind of change.

Did you see in the other thread? Saw Winter's Bone. Good shit.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ridiculous. Bill Gates also changed the way humans live. As much as I love the butterscotch krimpet, I don't think it's having the same kind of change.

Didnt catch that, crazy day. Good shit, glad you liked it. She killed it. Don't know why but it was one of my favorite movies in a while.

And speaking of butterscotch krimpets, have you had the tastykate milk shake from the burger shack in franklin square...fuck me its good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Didnt catch that, crazy day. Good shit, glad you liked it. She killed it. Don't know why but it was one of my favorite movies in a while.

And speaking of butterscotch krimpets, have you had the tastykate milk shake from the burger shack in franklin square...fuck me its good.

Yeah, that chick was really good. I didn't know if it was okay that I am really really attracted to her. Plus, I love that they all were wearing some kind of nature shirt, with a wolf or something on it, with the moon behind the animal on the shirt.

Aw, dude, I heard all about that. I gotta try that out. I just don't like going to a burger joint ran by Stephen Starr for the thought of them raping me on the price of a burger. Then again, I used to think the same about PYT, and then my eyes were opened.

I read something where some chef takes tastykake apple pies, deep fries them, and serves them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of caramel sauce....

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg
    Yeah, that chick was really good. I didn't know if it was okay that I am really really attracted to her. Plus, I love that they all were wearing some kind of nature shirt, with a wolf or something on it, with the moon behind the animal on the shirt.

Aw, dude, I heard all about that. I gotta try that out. I just don't like going to a burger joint ran by Stephen Starr for the thought of them raping me on the price of a burger. Then again, I used to think the same about PYT, and then my eyes were opened.

I read something where some chef takes tastykake apple pies, deep fries them, and serves them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of caramel sauce....

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Hahah, that's fucking hilarious but yeah, I can see it. Didn't think about it during the movie though. The attrie in the movie overall was quite outstanding, ha. Wouldn't expect less from where they all live.

Yeah, it's good shit. Hear you on the Starr thing, burgers are good, nothing that special. That milkshake on the other hand. Dude, I have to get to PYT, still have not been there. It's funny because about 50% of the people I talk to about PYT love it and 50% despise it. Will have to check it out.

Um, where that fuck do I find that?!?!?!?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hahah, that's fucking hilarious but yeah, I can see it. Didn't think about it during the movie though. The attrie in the movie overall was quite outstanding, ha. Wouldn't expect less from where they all live.

Yeah, it's good shit. Hear you on the Starr thing, burgers are good, nothing that special. That milkshake on the other hand. Dude, I have to get to PYT, still have not been there. It's funny because about 50% of the people I talk to about PYT love it and 50% despise it. Will have to check it out.

Um, where that fuck do I find that?!?!?!?

Yeah, I can see why people despise PYT. Probably for the same reasons I initially despised it - hipster doofuses, etc. etc. But the adultshakes alone are facking incredible. Everyone of them are amazing. It's like how you like fries as a side as you eat a burger. I need a burger as a side as I drink my Jack Rabbit Slim.

I know. I forget where the guy was from. If I can't find it, I may have to make my own deep-fried apple pie ice cream drizzle.

Also, on an unrelated/related note, Hawthorne's on 11th street is the place I was talking about a while ago that I couldn't remember the name of - ever been? I wanted to stop in there last Sunday but got dragged to the Irish Pub instead.
    Speaking of which, I just went to check out their website for shits & giggles and saw this.....dear....lord....

http://www.pytphilly.com/the-krispy-kreme-burger/
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    I mean, the piazza is "hip" and all but what will these hipsters think of next! That shit looks gross, (in my opinion anyway!)
    I mean, the piazza is "hip" and all but what will these hipsters think of next! That shit looks gross, (in my opinion anyway!)

Absolutely gross. Gimme one too many adultshakes, more Maker's Mark on top of that, and a fatty. Well, then, anything goes....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    As a season ticketholder I got the option to pre-purchase spring training games. I bought tix to the games on 3/20 and 3/21 vs the yanks and red sox. Just got the email that tickets are now on sale to the public and both games are already sold out.

This season is going to be craziness
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    Speaking of which, I just went to check out their website for shits & giggles and saw this.....dear....lord....

good article in the philly mag last month about the pyt waitress who was murdered while riding her bike on the way home from work last summer. talked about all the racial dynamics in northern liberties since all the hipsters have taken over there.

anywho...carry on.
    www.myspace.com

good article in the philly mag last month about the pyt waitress who was murdered while riding her bike on the way home from work last summer. talked about all the racial dynamics in northern liberties since all the hipsters have taken over there.

anywho...carry on.

Yeah, for some reason everything above Spring Garden is a fucking zoo. But somehow, just somehow, people south of Spring Garden find a way. It's even worse around Temple's campus.

And I'm convinced that chick who got shot to death at the Piazza isn't the only hipster doofus dealing blow up there. Let's just say I've been to parties in that building, in places I can't believe people my age can afford, with a lot of....."stuff" going around and there's absolutely no way they pay the bills/live there on a normal salary.

anywho...carry on.

Yeah, for some reason everything above Spring Garden is a fucking zoo. But somehow, just somehow, people south of Spring Garden find a way. It's even worse around Temple's campus.

And I'm convinced that chick who got shot to death at the Piazza isn't the only hipster doofus dealing blow up there. Let's just say I've been to parties in that building, in places I can't believe people my age can afford, with a lot of....."stuff" going around and there's absolutely no way they pay the bills/live there on a normal salary.

I lived at 5th and locust for a couple years (before I moved over to queen village). I had some really interesting neighbors and my car got broken into a couple of times, but I did like living there.

I miss being able to walk to bars/restaurants (especially standard tap)...and the subway. Not having to drive was awesome...and very bad for my health. There wasn't really an excuse to NOT get bombed every time I went out.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I miss being able to walk to bars/restaurants (especially standard tap)...and the subway. Not having to drive was awesome...and very bad for my health. There wasn't really an excuse to NOT get bombed every time I went out.

As I like to call them - the perks of the city.
    The Fixer wrote:

As I like to call them - the perks of the city.

I meant 5th and poplar too. not sure where the hell I got locust from. I was on North Lawrence Street. Did a lot of damage back in those days.
  • 5th and Poplar...beautiful area. Haha. I lived at North Franklin and Poplar which is between 7th and 8th...the city forensic lab and a huge church was across the street. I loved living there but I noticed crime was getting worse and worse. It didn't feel safe walking to Standard Tap or North 3rd. I moved out in August. I do miss being a cab ride away from Center City but what can you do. I will also miss being able to hop on the Market Frankford and take it to the Broad Street line and get right to CBP. I'm out on the Mainline now and it's not as easy getting down there.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Dallas Greene's 9 year old Grand Daughter killed in this rampage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110109/ap_ ... woman_shot
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Swift Half closed. You guys know that? Wonder why. Guess someone has already taken over the lease and will be opening soon.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839

I heard about that, very sad. My condolences to the Green family :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450

just an awful story. so sad for Dallas' family. to lose a child and in such a senseless way. and she was born on sept 11, 2001. born and died on such horrific days - crazy.
    the onion's sportsdome:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/10/sport ... ss&emc=rss

might be worth checking out
    www.myspace.com
    the onion's sportsdome:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/10/sport ... ss&emc=rss

might be worth checking out

I was gonna say it sounds like 'Sports Night', but I see they mentioned that here. Kinda looking forward to it. Anything making fun of ESPN I'm down with, plus, Onion material is usually funny.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Swift Half closed. You guys know that? Wonder why. Guess someone has already taken over the lease and will be opening soon.

Is that the place in the Piazza where I was spotted wearing my PJ/Phillies shirt?
  • Sad news about Swift Half. Even sadder news:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110 ... bings.html

I lived at N. Franklin and Brown so this was literally right around the corner. There are nice condos there. Such a shame.
  • Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
  • Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
    pjhawks wrote:

just an awful story. so sad for Dallas' family. to lose a child and in such a senseless way. and she was born on sept 11, 2001. born and died on such horrific days - crazy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6007667

Wow. I was just reading this.....crazy. Horrible. Hearing how it all went home makes it just that much worse, and hits a little harder. Crazy how these guys get ingrained into a community and it takes on the feeling of hitting that much closer to home. Kinda like when HK passed. Never met the dude, but you feel like at times like these that these incidents hit in a personal way. It's amazing how many lunatics are out there allowed to walk the streets. It's even more astounding that people think they need guns - or at least how the procedure of attaining one is as easy as buying a hoagie.
    pjhawks wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6007667

Wow. I was just reading this.....crazy. Horrible. Hearing how it all went home makes it just that much worse, and hits a little harder. Crazy how these guys get ingrained into a community and it takes on the feeling of hitting that much closer to home. Kinda like when HK passed. Never met the dude, but you feel like at times like these that these incidents hit in a personal way. It's amazing how many lunatics are out there allowed to walk the streets. It's even more astounding that people think they need guns - or at least how the procedure of attaining one is as easy as buying a hoagie.

that dude is a complete and total whack job. mug shock is freaky looking
    www.myspace.com
  • http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6007667

that dude is a complete and total whack job. mug shock is freaky looking

This Tea Party shit is WAY out of control.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.