***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Is it snowing there? The airport schedule is fucked.

Yes...an inch or 2 expected

What the fuck. Been stuck in Boston Logan since noon on standby and now it looks like my scheduled flight at 8:45 wont be leaving. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

flying is the worst. you are stuck at their mercy.

I'd be getting hammered drunk if I were you. There's nothing else to do at airports
    And if you wanna read something that's ever been awesome for the sake of awesome, then read this... http://www.the700level.com/2010/12/buzz ... .html#more

I know, I don't like Buzz Bissinger either, but this is just awesome.

I think he is funny. His comments and commentary are so over the top. He's like your buddy that says inappropriate stuff after having a few beers. I love those people.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm sure that loser is charging for them. pete rose style.

the two of them should have to fight TO/chad johnson to the death. that would be a small step in solving the worlds douche problem.

35 bucks a pop.

HA. I had no idea. That's awesome. Unfortunately, I most likely will not be there. And ya think he could do a little better than Granite Run. That place is ghetto nowadays. I mean not as ghetto as Springfield Mall. But then again, I guess it's right on par for where he's at - I wonder if he'd take $50 for his '93 NLCS ring.

ha...yeah he's not exactly kop material at this point :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    35 bucks a pop.

HA. I had no idea. That's awesome. Unfortunately, I most likely will not be there. And ya think he could do a little better than Granite Run. That place is ghetto nowadays. I mean not as ghetto as Springfield Mall. But then again, I guess it's right on par for where he's at - I wonder if he'd take $50 for his '93 NLCS ring.

ha...yeah he's not exactly kop material at this point :lol:

Yeah, that's where I waited 2 hours in line to get Schilling's autograph in '93.
  • I stumbled across J-Dubb signing at the Moorestown Mall at BC Sports Collectibles about 2 years ago

:cry:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I stumbled across J-Dubb signing at the Moorestown Mall at BC Sports Collectibles about 2 years ago

Speaking of Mr. WT..... :lol: yeah....right, Jays.....it's gonna stop....sha....right....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... invas.html
  • I stumbled across J-Dubb signing at the Moorestown Mall at BC Sports Collectibles about 2 years ago

Speaking of Mr. WT..... :lol: yeah....right, Jays.....it's gonna stop....sha....right....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... invas.html

6 shooter cuff links....wtf ?

You read some of the comments below the story ?

With all due respect, Werth hit 186 with RISP. 139 with RISP and 2 outs. If you had 9 of him you would probably be very angry.

So....Werth was pissed that the Phils signed Lee, and texted expletives back to Lee about it, as well as "booing" Amaro in a text.

That's it, now I know who Werth is - the whole sister conflict aside, Werth is Kit after going to Racine.

MARLA HOOCH......HOOCH

"What do you suggest?"

"A lot of night games." :lol:
    So....Werth was pissed that the Phils signed Lee, and texted expletives back to Lee about it, as well as "booing" Amaro in a text.

That's it, now I know who Werth is - the whole sister conflict aside, Werth is Kit after going to Racine.

MARLA HOOCH......HOOCH

"What do you suggest?"

i dunno...i think him "booing" ruben in a text is funny as shit
    www.myspace.com

MARLA HOOCH......HOOCH

"What do you suggest?"

No, it definitely is funny. But between him saying the "invasions" are going to stop, the texts, being pissed, leaving for a boat load of cash. It's just funny.

MARLA HOOCH......HOOCH

"What do you suggest?"

No, it definitely is funny. But between him saying the "invasions" are going to stop, the texts, being pissed, leaving for a boat load of cash. It's just funny.

ha...what do you expect him to do, talk shit on his new team/fans on the day he signs? :lol: he's johnny optimistic right now. sounds like's running for mayor down there though.
    www.myspace.com

ha...what do you expect him to do, talk shit on his new team/fans on the day he signs? :lol: he's johnny optimistic right now. sounds like's running for mayor down there though.

Definitely. But you know exactly what he's thinking that he's not saying.
    www.myspace.com

• :lol:

"Fuck me...I keep forgetting I'm on the Nationals"

:lol:

"Because the Nationals have no fans."

"Fuck."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450

Someone sent this to me last night. I was gonna post it here too.

'I was so baked I just thought the Nationals wanted my autograph.'

Hahahahahahaha
    I swear I didn't write this article or create the site in the 2nd link

http://pabaseball.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... tract.html

http://traderyanhoward.com/
  • Yeah, that's where I waited 2 hours in line to get Schilling's autograph in '93.

I got his autograph in '92 at the Gallery. Nobody was around. Still have an autographed Schilling rookie card. It's actually the only autograph I've ever personally obtained. (it's not really my thing)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yeah, that's where I waited 2 hours in line to get Schilling's autograph in '93.

I got his autograph in '92 at the Gallery. Nobody was around. Still have an autographed Schilling rookie card. It's actually the only autograph I've ever personally obtained. (it's not really my thing)

Yeah, me neither, I was 11 at the time. Definitely not nowadays. At best a photo would be a stretch, and that would probably be only including the WFC's in which I'm allowed to wear a ring, and this here band we convene around.
    Apparently the Dennys Reyes deal is now off. I guess the phils figured they don't need a bullpen. They are going with a 10 man bench.

I never got the autograph thing either. Back in my prime drinking days I bumped into quite a few philly athletes. I never asked one for their autograph. Drank with Dan McGillis and Luke Richardson for an hour one time when we saw them out. They were cool as hell. People kept coming up and asking them to sign stuff. I thought it was more fun to have a few beers with them.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    The Fixer wrote:
    Apparently the Dennys Reyes deal is now off. I guess the phils figured they don't need a bullpen. They are going with a 10 man bench.

I never got the autograph thing either. Back in my prime drinking days I bumped into quite a few philly athletes. I never asked one for their autograph. Drank with Dan McGillis and Luke Richardson for an hour one time when we saw them out. They were cool as hell. People kept coming up and asking them to sign stuff. I thought it was more fun to have a few beers with them.

I have a bunch of yankees memorabilia that was given to me over years. Couple Don Mattingly autographed baseballs, Jeter autographed jersey, Brosius autographed base, an awesome el duque autographed picture and a bunch of other shit.. Not something I am crazy into but some cool shit that will look sweet in a bar when I buy a house someday. Wouldn't ask someone for an autograph though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I have a bunch of yankees memorabilia that was given to me over years. Couple Don Mattingly autographed baseballs, Jeter autographed jersey, Brosius autographed base, an awesome el duque autographed picture and a bunch of other shit.. Not something I am crazy into but some cool shit that will look sweet in a bar when I buy a house someday. Wouldn't ask someone for an autograph though.

only autographs i have were from eagles training camp when i was a kid. back when they used to do it west chester. it's fun when you're 11 or 12.....also have ball that my grandfather passed down to me that's signed by a lot of the 1980 phillies.
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741

funny they got that up so quickly. Worst billboards ever though. The agency that does those is a joke.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

funny they got that up so quickly. Worst billboards ever though. The agency that does those is a joke.

i've always thought this city has never really been able to market itself the way it should....given the way it's leaders trip over their own feet every chance they can get, i guess it's appropriate though.
    www.myspace.com
    Alright, so with Reyes out, I gotta think I like Beimel. Rhodes would be nice, but I think he'll be too expensive.

Beimel didn't sign yet did he?
    www.myspace.com
    It's a shame they couldn't get Clif and fam in a box tonight for the Flyers game like they did Doc for a Sixers game. Maybe they still will coming up. The roof would blow off the WFC.

mike vick beat him to it. that place was loud as hell for him last night.
    www.myspace.com
    It's a shame they couldn't get Clif and fam in a box tonight for the Flyers game like they did Doc for a Sixers game. Maybe they still will coming up. The roof would blow off the WFC.

mike vick beat him to it. that place was loud as hell for him last night.

Yeah, I saw that. Should've had Lee there, unless he already flew back home.
This discussion has been closed.