***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    not baseball related, but it's nice to see PA is considering 20th century policies. gotta be one of the least progressive states in the US. also, I like booze as much as the next guy, but it is a luxury item. I think luxury items like booze and cigarettes should be taxed as much as possible. people will still buy that stuff.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20101 ... r_end.html
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    The Fixer wrote:
    not baseball related, but it's nice to see PA is considering 20th century policies. gotta be one of the least progressive states in the US. also, I like booze as much as the next guy, but it is a luxury item. I think luxury items like booze and cigarettes should be taxed as much as possible. people will still buy that stuff.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20101 ... r_end.html

Love it. Maybe I'll finally be able to order booze and wine from other states and have it be delivered to my house instead of family and friends in Jersey. :roll:

Also, I found this funny because the site you linked earlier was embedded in my gmail. It's scary how much google does the thinking for you.... :lol:http://traderyanhoward.com/?gclid=COShj ... 4AodPT2KoA

Like the article on keeping Blanton a lot.
    And I know this is off-topic, but did you know Philly is 9th overall in the world in GDP? I had no idea we were even close to being that high.
    And I know this is off-topic, but did you know Philly is 9th overall in the world in GDP? I had no idea we were even close to being that high.

holy shit. if that's true then the top 10 must contain at least 5 US citites.

NYC
    LA
    chicago
    dallas
    philly
    paris
    london
    tokyo
    beijing
    shanghai

that's my guess off the top of my head (in no specific order)
    The Fixer wrote:

NYC
    LA
    chicago
    dallas
    philly
    paris
    london
    tokyo
    beijing
    shanghai

Yeah, it's Tokyo, NY, LA, Chicago, London, Paris, Osaka, Mexico City, Philly, Sao Paolo in that order. Crazy. (edit) 388 B GDP at a population of 5 million for the area. Really didn't know we had that much of an effect.
    The Fixer wrote:

NYC
    LA
    chicago
    dallas
    philly
    paris
    london
    tokyo
    beijing
    shanghai

Yeah, it's Tokyo, NY, LA, Chicago, London, Paris, Osaka, Mexico City, Philly, Sao Paolo in that order. Crazy. (edit) 388 B GDP at a population of 5 million for the area. Really didn't know we had that much of an effect.

I had sao paolo on my initial list but replaced it with shanghai. damn

forgot about mexico city. I'm shocked that there are no chinese cities on that list
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

NYC
    LA
    chicago
    dallas
    philly
    paris
    london
    tokyo
    beijing
    shanghai

forgot about mexico city. I'm shocked that there are no chinese cities on that list

Yeah, I know. I gotta think their international trade is high, but within their own country it's low. I know there's that whole thing where they've been keeping the value of the yen low, so maybe that has something to do with it as well. I also thought Rio would be higher than Sao Paolo.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I know. I gotta think their international trade is high, but within their own country it's low. I know there's that whole thing where they've been keeping the value of the yen low, so maybe that has something to do with it as well. I also thought Rio would be higher than Sao Paolo.

pretty sure S.P. is the largest city in the world, in terms of population. it's S.P. or mexico city I believe
    Just wikipidia'ing it it says Tokyo by population ,and Shanghai by "city proper"
    cover of the DN today is great. I don't know how to post pics here
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    The Fixer wrote:

just saw it. EPIC.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

just saw it. EPIC.

What are we talking about? The Billy Penn picture? I'm missing something.
    The Fixer wrote:

just saw it. EPIC.

What are we talking about? The Billy Penn picture? I'm missing something.

yeah...superiority complex or something with ny. pretty cool.
    www.myspace.com
  • front.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Ahhhh, now I get it. Nice. Just reminds me how much I hate that Eagles logo though.
  • Ahhhh, now I get it. Nice. Just reminds me how much I hate that Eagles logo though.

That's Lurie's wifes claim to fame

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

I saw this on the news but actually saw it last night while driving down 95, in the dark, with the lights shining on it, it looked friggin' AWESOME. It gave me chills.
    Ahhhh, now I get it. Nice. Just reminds me how much I hate that Eagles logo though.

That's Lurie's wifes claim to fame

Another reminder I didn't need. Ugh.
    Just found out that I got that job. Looks like the Fixer will be taking his talents to DC
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited December 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just found out that I got that job. Looks like the Fixer will be taking his talents to DC

congradulations....beer on the fixer at pj20 :D
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The Fixer wrote:

First Dibs on tickets !!!

Oh and Congratulations

8-)

81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

congradulations....what do you do?

thanks. medical device sales. long story short, I got laid off about 1.5 years ago (2 weeks before my wedding)...been working a half assed job as an independent rep and looking for work since then. finally found something worth accepting. best part is that I will be competing every day against the company that laid me off. I am gonna destroy those fuckers
    The Fixer wrote:

Oh and Congratulations

8-)

thanks. I will definitely have tix available for you guys.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

congradulations....what do you do?

thanks. medical device sales. long story short, I got laid off about 1.5 years ago (2 weeks before my wedding)...been working a half assed job as an independent rep and looking for work since then. finally found something worth accepting. best part is that I will be competing every day against the company that laid me off. I am gonna destroy those fuckers

Awesome! Congrats you fucker! :lol:;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Oh and Congratulations

8-)

thanks. I will definitely have tix available for you guys.

Sweeeeeet!

When's the moving van coming ?

not sure what the hell is gonna happen yet. I think my wife might stay at her job up here for a few months. I'm supposed to get the formal offer letter tonight and start right after new years.

shit will work itself out...just gonna be a weird transition over the next few months.

my expected holiday alcohol consumption just tripled...which is scary
    The Fixer wrote:

not sure what the hell is gonna happen yet. I think my wife might stay at her job up here for a few months. I'm supposed to get the formal offer letter tonight and start right after new years.

shit will work itself out...just gonna be a weird transition over the next few months.

my expected holiday alcohol consumption just tripled...which is scary

congrats dude!

i'm assuming you'll pass on my playoff tickets now though, right?
    www.myspace.com
    Congrats, brotha. Do Adams Morgan, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, what have you, proud with the booze. :thumbup:

And keep me abreast to ticket situations during the year!
  • Congrats, brotha. Do Adams Morgan, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, what have you, proud with the booze. :thumbup:

Huh Huh Huh..he said breast

Congrats, brotha. Do Adams Morgan, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, what have you, proud with the booze. :thumbup:

Huh Huh Huh..he said breast

There's certain words that should be used in any situation they can fit - like abreast, cocksure, pussyfoot, pussywillow, etc. etc.
This discussion has been closed.