***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Usually the last week in July. The date probably won't be set until early in the year. Tickets go immediately though, so you will have to be on top of it. When I hear, I will post it but you should go to the Ommegang website and sign up for their mailing list. You will get the info in your email when it's announced.

Ommegang is the fucking shit and the people that run it couldn't be cooler.

So I've heard. Thanks, man. Looks like if that's the case, then this will be two separate trips.

No problem. I highly recommend hitting Ommegang up for any weekend they allow camping and have some type of festival, whether it be the big festival or whatever. Great time.

Yeah, I'm looking for cheaper alternatives for trips this year - things that don't involve flying. A couple of my buddies did this fest before and volunteered. They said they just showed up and signed up. Ended up pouring beer the entire weekend while drinking for free, getting drunk and passing out in the middle of a field all weekend.
  • 57995_10150327204350062_594680061_15803174_7201024_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I'm such a fucking tool. Just watched the interview of him with NBC landing in Philly tonight, and I'm just giggling like an idiot. I can't say it enough - this....is.....ridiculous.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    I'm such a fucking tool. Just watched the interview of him with NBC landing in Philly tonight, and I'm just giggling like an idiot. I can't say it enough - this....is.....ridiculous.
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/spo ... 95559.html

i love how calm cool and collected this dude is.

"ah, obviously i wanted to be back, i'm here. and i'm excited....so....yeah." :mrgreen:

can't wait for some spiked curve ball action next spring
    www.myspace.com
    I need this photoshopped with all four pitcher's heads and Amaro as the manager like how they did this when Lebron went to Miami( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c )..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpzOyc47 ... re=related or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA5arwOq3jA&NR=1
  • 163966_10150327589050062_594680061_15808955_3422851_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Phillies could match 1971 OriolesHalladay, Oswalt, Lee and Hamels all project as 15-game winners in 2011

Let's put this simply: With Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels and Roy Oswalt, the 2011 Philadelphia Phillies rotation isn't meant to just win; it's meant to demolish other teams.

The least -- least -- valuable member of the Phillies' 2011 front four, Oswalt, is projected to go 15-7 with a 3.40 ERA, according to the ZiPS projection models. If you're a fan of the Atlanta Braves or New York Mets, this is not good news.

Halladay projects to 19-7, 3.00; Lee to 16-8, 3.12; and Hamels to 15-8, 3.46. It's not the 1971 Baltimore Orioles, but it has that kind of potential.

1969 was the beginning of the divisional era, when many baseball historians and writers agree that pitching staffs started to take contemporary form. From 1969 to now, if you look at the top four starters on every team and calculate their WAR -- wins above replacement level -- the 2011 Phillies would be the 13th-best top four rotation in the past 41 years (combined WAR of 19.8), and the third-best since 1993. If you're curious, the 1973 Mets' front four is No. 1 -- Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, Jon Matlack and George Stone combined for a 22.9 WAR (the 1985 Mets with Dwight Gooden, Ron Darling, Sid Fernandez and Ed Lynch rank No. 3 since 1969).

With a little luck (ZiPS estimates about a 10 percent chance), the Phillies' new rotation could be the best one we've seen in more than 40 years -- and beating out staffs with Seaver, Gibson, Carlton, Gooden and Maddux is no small matter.

The 2011 playoffs are still 10 months off, but the smart money right now is on Phillies pitchers spending Halloween terrifying an AL team instead of neighborhood trick-or-treaters.
    www.myspace.com
  • I remember the Braves adding Greg Maddux to Smoltz, Glavine & Avery. In October, they were watching the Phillies celebrate the pennant in the Vet. So let's not suck each other's popsicles just yet.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I remember the Braves adding Greg Maddux to Smoltz, Glavine & Avery. In October, they were watching the Phillies celebrate the pennant in the Vet. So let's not suck each other's popsicles just yet.

i've already got my spot on the parade route locked up.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    I remember the Braves adding Greg Maddux to Smoltz, Glavine & Avery. In October, they were watching the Phillies celebrate the pennant in the Vet. So let's not suck each other's popsicles just yet.

You've had that spot locked up for the last 2 years, still waiting? Must be getting cold out there.
    Yeah, I'm looking for cheaper alternatives for trips this year - things that don't involve flying. A couple of my buddies did this fest before and volunteered. They said they just showed up and signed up. Ended up pouring beer the entire weekend while drinking for free, getting drunk and passing out in the middle of a field all weekend.

I hear you, man. Definitely hit Cooperstown then. Camp out up there. Great time. I always thought about volunteering at it, but never did. Probably the way to go.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You've had that spot locked up for the last 2 years, still waiting? Must be getting cold out there.

locked in at the right time. :mrgreen: i'm expecting to get at least one other usage out of it in the next few years.
    www.myspace.com
    locked in at the right time. :mrgreen: i'm expecting to get at least one other usage out of it in the next few years.

haha, I hear you. Not an unreasonable expectation.

On a side note, why do teams weigh contracts so heavily at the end? You would think they would want to get it out of the way in a players best years so they can possibly move them down the road if they have to. Lee's fucking option year is for $27.5 mil. That's a fucking lot.
  • I remember the Braves adding Greg Maddux to Smoltz, Glavine & Avery. In October, they were watching the Phillies celebrate the pennant in the Vet. So let's not suck each other's popsicles just yet.

Best kept secret: Mifflin St. Not too packed, and right near the South Philly Tap Room. Maybe I'm missing the point of a parade, but I enjoyed actually being fairly close to the players when they went by.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    On a side note, why do teams weigh contracts so heavily at the end? You would think they would want to get it out of the way in a players best years so they can possibly move them down the road if they have to. Lee's fucking option year is for $27.5 mil. That's a fucking lot.

I agree. I usually try to get pain out of the way in my personal life, but I guess they don't think that way.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Hold on..hold on...we need to calm down. But yeah....I don't know how anybody could possibly stop this team.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    season starts on a friday next year huh? weird...

6 game packages are still available. i know there was some discussion about that the other day...
    www.myspace.com
  • season starts on a friday next year huh? weird...

6 game packages are still available. i know there was some discussion about that the other day...

I bet the seats suck though

I was talking about it earlier...I would pull up 3 games with good seats but then the other 3 nose bleed
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    season starts on a friday next year huh? weird...

I was talking about it earlier...I would pull up 3 games with good seats but then the other 3 nose bleed

There isn't a bad seat in that place. Well, there sorta is - the seats up top on the third base side (430-ish I guess) where they bend around. You can't see part of left field there and they really squeeze you in.
  • season starts on a friday next year huh? weird...

There isn't a bad seat in that place. Well, there sorta is - the seats up top on the third base side (430-ish I guess) where they bend around. You can't see part of left field there and they really squeeze you in.

I've been trying 3 different 6 packs for 2 tix and it's saying the order can't be filled

:evil:

I've been trying 3 different 6 packs for 2 tix and it's saying the order can't be filled

:evil:

Wow, so they're all sold out I guess?
  • Wow, so they're all sold out I guess?

Looks like it...I may call tomorrow to be sure but online it wont fill the order

Looks like it...I may call tomorrow to be sure but online it wont fill the order

Damn. Other than the individual tix they're holding onto, and possibly group tickets, that's a complete sell out for the year. Crazy.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839

:( so much for me going to any games this season. maybe they have single tix?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Damn. Other than the individual tix they're holding onto, and possibly group tickets, that's a complete sell out for the year. Crazy.

I said earlier in the thread I organize my work outing with a huge tailgate every year

I usually pick a september game...I may have to call now...almost a year in advance

:roll:

:( so much for me going to any games this season. maybe they have single tix?

maybe..i only tried for 2 at a time

i'm sure stubhub games will pop up

This is awesome. I am definitely not taking this team for granted - cherishing every god damn second of this. I can't believe the character that's on this team.... http://www.the700level.com/2010/12/quot ... .html#more

Eerie, there will be single tix onsale later on. I think in February perhaps...I think. And there's always standing room that go onsale they day-of games - always a good choice. And there's Stub Hub that you can check out the day-of as well for almost face value.
    phantom....think i spoke too soon. :lol: just for the hell of it i put in the first 6 games on the pick'em package and that was the only one that popped up.

they cap the season tickets at 28,000 though......so there will be somewhere around 15,000 for each game available once individual games go on sale.

kinda miss the days where plenty of tickets were always available. oh well. i'm signing up for the '12 season ticket waiting list :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    phantom....think i spoke too soon. :lol: just for the hell of it i put in the first 6 games on the pick'em package and that was the only one that popped up.

they cap the season tickets at 28,000 though......so there will be somewhere around 15,000 for each game available once individual games go on sale.

kinda miss the days where plenty of tickets were always available. oh well. i'm signing up for the '12 season ticket waiting list :lol::lol:

Think about that - Phillies seaon ticket waiting list. Just wow.

Cliff's comments today about playing here in this ballpark, with our fans, Jesus, I couldn't get up from my chair because my head was ballooning at an astonishing rate.

Cliff's comments today about playing here in this ballpark, with our fans, Jesus, I couldn't get up from my chair because my head was ballooning at an astonishing rate.

philadelphia...center of the sports universe.
    www.myspace.com
  • phantom....think i spoke too soon. :lol: just for the hell of it i put in the first 6 games on the pick'em package and that was the only one that popped up.

philadelphia...center of the sports universe.

It's a fun time no doubt

This discussion has been closed.