Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I tried to get full season tickets after the playoffs ended. I was told that all season ticket packages...full, partial, and HOF club were sold out for the entire season.

I guess this is before renewal invoices needed to be paid, but really, who isn't going to renew?

Wait, so there's absolutely nothing available? What about new deposits? I know a buddy that just put a deposit down after having tix in '09, then doesn't buy '09 playoff tix, then doesn't renew in '10, but now has them again. What an idiot.

i got an email last week about 6 game plans being available didn't look into it since im in with a group that has full season tickets.

Yeah, but I don't think you get playoff opportunities with those 6 packs.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215

haha gotta love talking playoff packages on December 14th. not that is FN AWESOME
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

haha gotta love talking playoff packages on December 14th. not that is FN AWESOME

That's it, I'm finding out about these HOF seats....
  • Options
    Listening to WIP - sue me fuckers, I'm bored - and Eskin thinks since he knows the owners of the Phillies, that with a lot of the joint owners getting older and passing away, that one of the majority owners - can't remember his name, John Middleton?, some cigar business mogul - is worth at least 3 billion. And he's one of the more active owners who loves the team.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,525
    Listening to WIP - sue me fuckers, I'm bored - and Eskin thinks since he knows the owners of the Phillies, that with a lot of the joint owners getting older and passing away, that one of the majority owners - can't remember his name, John Middleton?, some cigar business mogul - is worth at least 3 billion. And he's one of the more active owners who loves the team.

hehe, I might have some inside info here...

Phils "owners" aren't in the poor house by any means.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Yeah...hes worth some coinage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Middleton_Co.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

hehe, I might have some inside info here...

Phils "owners" aren't in the poor house by any means.

Yeah, no shit, no owner is, but not all of them cares about winning as much as the bottom line. Royals, Bucs, Rays, owners are neither in the poor house as well. The point is remember back to the 80's and 90's when these same owners told us that Philly was a small market team. I'm assuming most of those dudes are dying(ed) off.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326

stark and kruk were saying that on espn earlier today. that dope probably watched the same thing i did
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    how funny would it be if ruben called up cashman and tried to work out a trade for blanton? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    how funny would it be if ruben called up cashman and tried to work out a trade for blanton? :lol:

Yanks taking our scraps. Now that's irony.
  • Options

Honestly, I'd take Blanton over Burnett, no doubt.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Honestly, I'd take Blanton over Burnett, no doubt.

So would I.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    I dont really feel like reading back through all this but I read this morning that if all goes Lees way, he will get paid more than the Yankees offered. Yankees offered more guaranteed money, he has potential for more from what I understand.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I dont really feel like reading back through all this but I read this morning that if all goes Lees way, he will get paid more than the Yankees offered. Yankees offered more guaranteed money, he has potential for more from what I understand.

Yeah, but I'm assuming that has something to do with that 6th year, which I don't think he reaches.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    The Fixer wrote:
    hamels as daphne is classic. haha. some of these are good

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2010/12/r2c2.html

lol, nice i saw two of them on facebook today (he jesus one, it's always winning in philly) the others were pretty good also.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, but I'm assuming that has something to do with that 6th year, which I don't think he reaches.

Yeah, definitely but I believe I read the vesting option is not incredibly difficult for him to attain, and it is for some obscene amount of money. I could be wrong, but I know that I read if he makes the 6th year, he will make more. Good for the Phillies.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, definitely but I believe I read the vesting option is not incredibly difficult for him to attain, and it is for some obscene amount of money. I could be wrong, but I know that I read if he makes the 6th year, he will make more. Good for the Phillies.

It's just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options

ruben's no dummy...he's got ed wade on the phone as we speak!... :lol:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Bottom line is, for all the talk of Lee "taking less" the Phils really brought it.

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Never been so excited to watch DNL Live.

On a totally separate note...I have a 3rd interview tomorrow down in richmond. Sales territory would be DC and Baltimore, so I may be moving. I hate baltimore, but this would be a job I can't turn down.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

On a totally separate note...I have a 3rd interview tomorrow down in richmond. Sales territory would be DC and Baltimore, so I may be moving. I hate baltimore, but this would be a job I can't turn down.

Good luck dude.

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, but DC's a sweet city to live in. Good luck, dude.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Thanks. DC is great, Baltimore is not. We'll see. After college I couldn't wait to get out of the Beltway. Gotta get the offer before I worry about it.

Anyway, there's a chance that I will have lots of Phils tickets available for the people
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Thanks. DC is great, Baltimore is not. We'll see. After college I couldn't wait to get out of the Beltway. Gotta get the offer before I worry about it.

Anyway, there's a chance that I will have lots of Phils tickets available for the people

are you in pharmaceuticals? i think you've mentioned before but i forget.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

No, my wife works for Pfizer. I'm in medical equipment/supplies (I've had jobs selling both). I love being in sales
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No, my wife works for Pfizer. I'm in medical equipment/supplies (I've had jobs selling both). I love being in sales

ah that's right. good luck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Good luck with the interview, dude. I did the sales thing for a minute. Not for me. Involved in new business pitches now for my company but it's much much different.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Bottom line is, for all the talk of Lee "taking less" the Phils really brought it.

I don't disagree. Like I said to JP, Good for the Phillies.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good luck with the interview, dude. I did the sales thing for a minute. Not for me. Involved in new business pitches now for my company but it's much much different.

Thanks all. Love med sales. Lots of perks. Money is good and best of all you get to make your own schedule and be out and about. No two days are ever the same.

No job is for everyone, but I'm super competitive (some of my buddies would say to a fault) and money motivated. It's a good fit for me.
  • Options
    Over/under on wins is 96. Usually I'd take the under, but after winning 97 with a shambled team last season, I gotta like the over.
This discussion has been closed.