Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Jayson Stark just said on WEEI here in Boston that the Phillies are interested in taking Mike Cameron off the Sox hands. But he made it clear it wouldn't be in a Blanton-for-Cameron deal.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    This is completely off the point, but why everytime someone says Blanton do I have an urge for a Manhattan on the rocks :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Jayson Stark just said on WEEI here in Boston that the Phillies are interested in taking Mike Cameron off the Sox hands. But he made it clear it wouldn't be in a Blanton-for-Cameron deal.

I don't want that Seal lookin MFer. Phils already have enough hackers in the lineup.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't want that Seal lookin MFer. Phils already have enough hackers in the lineup.
    :lol: I'm just the messenger. I think it's actually a win-win for both teams. We have too many outfielders and you guys don't have enough. At least that's what he said.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    http://www.the700level.com/2010/12/clif ... hilly.html

"Apparently incident with Lee's wife had last fall with Yankees fans wasn't forgotten. Besides that, she's not fond of NY. She LOVES Philly."

hehehehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    I think this one I like best. Ridiculous.

6a00d83451af4b69e20148c6b84be8970c-500wi
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    I got this text :lol:

1501017609552951357535254953110046395477093.jpg

MERRY CLIFFMAS !!!!

that pic is disturbing....but pretty fn awesome :D
  • Options
    phils are 7:2 to win it all. hopefully they can help buck the trend that philly teams have as favorites
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    phils are 7:2 to win it all. hopefully they can help buck the trend that philly teams have as favorites

Like I said, if everyone thinks expectations were high last year, then they have no idea how ridiculous they're going to be this year.
  • Options

Thats friggin awesome !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

Thats friggin awesome !

A group of four, thinkin' singularly and acting collectively.....WHOOOOOOOO!
  • Options

Thats friggin awesome !

I thought they banned steriods...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Thats friggin awesome !

I thought they banned steriods...

You can't ban awesome, BD. Hmmmm, maybe I should get tickets to Citi Field for an entire series. I mean, why watch just one ace pitch? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    You can't ban awesome, BD. Hmmmm, maybe I should get tickets to Citi Field for an entire series. I mean, why watch just one ace pitch? :mrgreen:
    You can have mine... this is so disturbing.... I guess I was always used to the Braves winning and since their fans were basically AOL it was not that bad... This may have finally pushed me to hate you guys more than the Yankees... I mean to choose living in Philly over New York... That takes the cake... :lol:
    I mean I hate the Yanks but at least they get to live here... :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    You can have mine... this is so disturbing.... I guess I was always used to the Braves winning and since their fans were basically AOL it was not that bad... This may have finally pushed me to hate you guys more than the Yankees... I mean to choose living in Philly over New York... That takes the cake... :lol:

Oh, BD, you silly silly man, what you're seeing going on here is just a microcosm of what's going all across the world - the rejection of Capitalism and America in general. And I gotta think that the heart of that is NYC. What I'm trying to say is NYC is soooooo played. :mrgreen:

On an unrelated note - anyone think we could get Willingham from DC for some kind of Blanton deal? Or an outside shot of Hart in Meely Wawk Kay?
  • Options

I just got a tweet from Jon Heyman

"Can the Mets skip to 2015?

sorry..BD

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

Oh, BD, you silly silly man, what you're seeing going on here is just a microcosm of what's going all across the world - the rejection of Capitalism and America in general. And I gotta think that the heart of that is NYC. What I'm trying to say is NYC is soooooo played. :mrgreen:

On an unrelated note - anyone think we could get Willingham from DC for some kind of Blanton deal? Or an outside shot of Hart in Meely Wawk Kay?

I'd love to see the phils get willingham or doumit. I think hart just signed an extension right??

EDIT: willy aybar is still out there too. he'd be perfect as well. dude mashes
  • Options

I just got a tweet from Jon Heyman

"Can the Mets skip to 2015?

sorry..BD

:lol:
    :sigh: :|
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd love to see the phils get willingham or doumit. I think hart just signed an extension right??

Yeah, that's what I didn't know - whether Hart signed an extension, but I have a feeling he did. Doumit? The catcher? Is he playing the field now? I'd like Aybar as well - versatile.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, that's what I didn't know - whether Hart signed an extension, but I have a feeling he did. Doumit? The catcher? Is he playing the field now? I'd like Aybar as well - versatile.

yeah, doumit played some corner OF. He was too injury prone as a catcher, so the bucs tried to move him to 1B and the corner OF spots. I've always been a big fan of his. Apparently the pirates just signed overbay (not sure why since he blows), so doumit is available via trade. I could see blanton for doumit happening.

I don't see the nats sending willingham to the phils. I think doumit or aybar are more realistic. I'd be thrilled with either one of them.
  • Options
    hamels as daphne is classic. haha. some of these are good

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2010/12/r2c2.html
  • Options
    Four Loko now officially holds a higher place in my heart.
  • Options
    Also, I don't think my Sunday package is enough now. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on HOF seats for a while now, and this may be the time...
  • Options
    Also, I don't think my Sunday package is enough now. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on HOF seats for a while now, and this may be the time...

I tried to get full season tickets after the playoffs ended. I was told that all season ticket packages...full, partial, and HOF club were sold out for the entire season.

I guess this is before renewal invoices needed to be paid, but really, who isn't going to renew?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I tried to get full season tickets after the playoffs ended. I was told that all season ticket packages...full, partial, and HOF club were sold out for the entire season.

I guess this is before renewal invoices needed to be paid, but really, who isn't going to renew?

Wait, so there's absolutely nothing available? What about new deposits? I know a buddy that just put a deposit down after having tix in '09, then doesn't buy '09 playoff tix, then doesn't renew in '10, but now has them again. What an idiot.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Wait, so there's absolutely nothing available? What about new deposits? I know a buddy that just put a deposit down after having tix in '09, then doesn't buy '09 playoff tix, then doesn't renew in '10, but now has them again. What an idiot.

That is what I was told by my boy. And my sister is friends with someone that handles the HOF seats and she was told the same thing.

This was back in early November so maybe things have changed. Just passing along info

By the way, it is FREEZING outside. I think half of my roof is on my lawn. Can't be a good thing when you're walking around your property collecting siding and shingles.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That is what I was told by my boy. And my sister is friends with someone that handles the HOF seats and she was told the same thing.

This was back in early November so maybe things have changed. Just passing along info

By the way, it is FREEZING outside. I think half of my roof is on my lawn. Can't be a good thing when you're walking around your property collecting siding and shingles.

Seriously. No reason to be outside unless you absolutely have to be. I think I'm going to look into these HOF tix. See about a 17 gm plan. Probably will be shut down though - those tix are such a good deal.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,525
    Seriously. No reason to be outside unless you absolutely have to be. I think I'm going to look into these HOF tix. See about a 17 gm plan. Probably will be shut down though - those tix are such a good deal.

I'll be back in 106 with the riff raff. :)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

I'll be back in 106 with the riff raff. :)

Hey, man, I just wanna take advantage of a good situation. I still love my seats in 423 behind home plate up at the top the best. Best bang for the buck - cheap seat, end of a row so easy to get in and out, can see the whole field, High & Inside right behind me. Perfect.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    The Fixer wrote:

i got an email last week about 6 game plans being available didn't look into it since im in with a group that has full season tickets.
This discussion has been closed.