***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• I can't honestly believe that anyone bought his book, nor would want it signed.

So the 2011 schedule is out. I'm definitely putting together a trip to Seattle.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I can't honestly believe that anyone bought his book, nor would want it signed.

Yeah, I was looking at that earlier. Was hoping chicago was on a weekend, but it isn't. I'd love to make a SF/LA trip. SF is one of my 'to see' stadiums. Wife is ready for kids, so a west coast trip probably ain't happening for this guy.

Seattle would be cool too. If I get anywhere it will be toronto. Never been there, but I've heard it's pretty cool.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I can't honestly believe that anyone bought his book, nor would want it signed.

Yeah, I was looking at that earlier. Was hoping chicago was on a weekend, but it isn't. I'd love to make a SF/LA trip. SF is one of my 'to see' stadiums. Wife is ready for kids, so a west coast trip probably ain't happening for this guy.

Seattle would be cool too. If I get anywhere it will be toronto. Never been there, but I've heard it's pretty cool.

Toronto's sweet. I'd love to make it out to Chi Town again. 2007 was a perfect trip when we went out for the Phils with PJ playing Lolla. Awesome time.

I've been dying to get out to Seattle for a while now and this is the perfect excuse. Definitely making this happen.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Magic number down to 14.

Hamels is a beast

Fixer you've been one off on the magic number the last couple days. It's 15. 14 is to get a tie for the division title. Still awesome!
    The Fixer wrote:
    by the way, how many times has wheels said something about logan morrison's eye at the plate over the last 2 days? I'm guessing 2,320

And the crap early in the game about how Hamels is throwing so many pitches and will never make it deep into the game - shut the fuck up! Dude's warming up - it happens.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:
    they switched up the rotation...oswalt is pitching saturday now. I'll be there as well

They said during the game last night Oswalt is pitching Friday & KK Saturday.

Hopefully Hamels' 127 pitches don't mess him up the rest of the year. That said, it was clear that leaving Hamels in in the 7th was the best option, I think.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:
    by the way, how many times has wheels said something about logan morrison's eye at the plate over the last 2 days? I'm guessing 2,320

He's turned into that old Grandfather type that repeats the same story that you've heard since you were 6 years old

I gotta be honest in the beginning of the year I wanted Hamels to be beaten with a blunt object

Boy has he changed my mind

Glad to see him get the win even though they dont give the guy run support
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The Fixer wrote:

He's turned into that old Grandfather type that repeats the same story that you've heard since you were 6 years old

I gotta be honest in the beginning of the year I wanted Hamels to be beaten with a blunt object

It was absolutely ridiculous the way Phillies fans turned on Cole Hamels. Sorry, it just was.

• Because people in this town are crazy. Hamels hasn't even had a bad year yet. Last year was mediocre. Oh, AND the dude is only 26 years old. That's bonkers. I just can't stand who he is away from the baseball field. Or his voice.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:

It was absolutely ridiculous the way Phillies fans turned on Cole Hamels. Sorry, it just was.

agree - to me he will always be World Series MVP - can't take away the fact the guy played a major role in ending a 28 year phillies championship drought and 25 year Philadelphia drought. and looks like he is back to that again this year. if this team (looking good but not there yet) makes the playoffs going to be a damn tough out with these 3 starters.
  • Because people in this town are crazy. Hamels hasn't even had a bad year yet. Last year was mediocre. Oh, AND the dude is only 26 years old. That's bonkers. I just can't stand who he is away from the baseball field. Or his voice.

That definitely played a part with me

Not exactly a mans voice on the guy plus the whole pretty boy attitude

• The Fixer wrote:

I can only speak for me but the off the field stuff played a role in my reaction then top it off by the shaky year he had last year

Grant it he did win us a WS I probably should have given him some more slack but Im not one to just let everything go because a guy won us a Championship

The Fixer wrote:
    they switched up the rotation...oswalt is pitching saturday now. I'll be there as well

They said during the game last night Oswalt is pitching Friday & KK Saturday.

Hopefully Hamels' 127 pitches don't mess him up the rest of the year. That said, it was clear that leaving Hamels in in the 7th was the best option, I think.

yeah, I was wrong about the oswalt thing. I just saw the week's schedule on espn.com and it had oswalt listed for saturday, which wasn't right. No brainer moving him up a day so he faces the braves next week.

as for the magic number, I'm not arguing with you since you're a math guy. thanks for the correction
    DC already up 4-0 on atlanta in the 3rd.

best case scenario has the phils building their lead to 4+ games going into the huge series next week

sounds crazy, but DC is the team I'd least want to play in the NL East right now (after atlanta of course)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

I can only speak for me but the off the field stuff played a role in my reaction then top it off by the shaky year he had last year

Grant it he did win us a WS I probably should have given him some more slack but Im not one to just let everything go because a guy won us a Championship

what off the field stuff are you referring too? some odd pictures taken with him and his family? him owning a stupid little dog? being taken out of context in interviews last october? what off the field stuff has he been involved with? the stupid fight he was in where he broke his hand was like 5 years ago at this point...dude's pitching even better than he was at this point in '08 right now.

if our offense continues to roll, i don't see a team in the nl that can beat us...
    www.myspace.com
  • what off the field stuff are you referring too? some odd pictures taken with him and his family? him owning a stupid little dog? being taken out of context in interviews last october? what off the field stuff has he been involved with? the stupid fight he was in where he broke his hand was like 5 years ago at this point...dude's pitching even better than he was at this point in '08 right now.

if our offense continues to roll, i don't see a team in the nl that can beat us...

Seriously. I heard all these dumbasses booing Hamels early this year for giving up some seeing eye singles or something. Sorry, I don't mean to jump on anyone's throat here, but it bothers me that "fans" around here would treat someone like that, especially when he should be a hero in this town.

Yeah, I think we've got it all over all the other NL contenders.

• As long as he keeps pitching well I have no problem with him, no matter how much of a douche he is.
    As long as he keeps pitching well I have no problem with him, no matter how much of a douche he is.

totally agree. In hamels defense I don't think he intentionally tries to be a douche. I just think he is dumb as a brick and mostly oblivious to how he's perceived.

most 'fans' didn't really follow the phils way back in 2008, so they don't remember how great hamels was in 2007 and 2008

I remember after game 4 of the WS last year me and my buddies were hanging out in the parking lot having a few beers as traffic died down. this idiot parked next to us started screaming about how he wanted hamels out of philly (hamels didn't even pitch game 4). his exact quote was something along the lines of 'he should never be able to wear a phillie uniform ever again'. my buddies and I ripped him accordingly and his wife got him in the car and they drove off. The guy had absolutely no clue what he was talking about. This is reason number 8,242,596 why philly fans are the worst. I wish I had that clown's email or cell number
    The Fixer wrote:
    As long as he keeps pitching well I have no problem with him, no matter how much of a douche he is.

totally agree. In hamels defense I don't think he intentionally tries to be a douche. I just think he is dumb as a brick and mostly oblivious to how he's perceived.

most 'fans' didn't really follow the phils way back in 2008, so they don't remember how great hamels was in 2007 and 2008

I remember after game 4 of the WS last year me and my buddies were hanging out in the parking lot having a few beers as traffic died down. this idiot parked next to us started screaming about how he wanted hamels out of philly (hamels didn't even pitch game 4). his exact quote was something along the lines of 'he should never be able to wear a phillie uniform ever again'. my buddies and I ripped him accordingly and his wife got him in the car and they drove off. The guy had absolutely no clue what he was talking about. This is reason number 8,242,596 why philly fans are the worst. I wish I had that clown's email or cell number

the media played a huge part of that last year by taking his comments way out of context
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the media played a huge part of that last year by taking his comments way out of context

true. you know how I feel about philly sports talk radio.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

true. you know how I feel about philly sports talk radio.

it was that, the papers, the national guys even got into the mix with that one....it was the world series after all.
    www.myspace.com
    it was that, the papers, the national guys even got into the mix with that one....it was the world series after all.

people were on his shit all season. fans and media. whatever, it's over with. he's back to beast status and the phils are rollin
    The Fixer wrote:

people were on his shit all season. fans and media. whatever, it's over with. he's back to beast status and the phils are rollin

he pitched poorly last year and deserved to be critisized....but clearly not the extent you described.

all in the past though.

nats up 4-2
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

he pitched poorly last year and deserved to be critisized....but clearly not the extent you described.

all in the past though.

nats up 4-2

He wasn't as bad as people think he was. His ERA was right around 4. That's not horrible. People act like he was adam eaton last year.

Good to see the young bucks showing some fire. They are in the championship of their league. Apparently this squad is loaded with MLB prospects.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... p&sid=t427
  • Yeah Lakewoods looking to go back to back.
  • Nats win 4-2! Magic number: 14.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:

pretty funny comments coming from the guy who rather have Travis Lee or Ross Gload at 1st base over Ryan Howard.
    Nats win 4-2! Magic number: 14.

Love it. Doc going tonight so it should be 13 in a few hours
  • NOW the magic # is at 14!
  • I saw the last 2 innings the Braves look tired

At least you can't say Braves fans are bandwagon fans...they don't show up winning or losing

:lol:

• The Fixer wrote:

That's how I feel..I got his back from now on

Fixer every city has fans like that in the parking lots across the country

Just so happens you hear the local ones

This discussion has been closed.