***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    phils have a bunch of guys playing in the Arizona Fall League (the premier offseason league for prospects)...including a couple of guys that could be in their pen next year (justin de fratus, BJ Rosenburg). good shit

Phillies could really use a youth movement in the bullpen next year. Some fresh power arms would be nice.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    phils have a bunch of guys playing in the Arizona Fall League (the premier offseason league for prospects)...including a couple of guys that could be in their pen next year (justin de fratus, BJ Rosenburg). good shit

Phillies could really use a youth movement in the bullpen next year. Some fresh power arms would be nice.

yep. they just hired bruce sutter to teach mathieson a splitter. so next year we could see mathieson, bastardo, zagurski, and defratus/rosenburg all in the phils bullpen.

they won't have much money to spend in the offseason, so these guys will get every opportunity to win a job in spring training.

I think my boy blanton could get roughed up tonight. hopefully they can end an already successful road trip on a positive note.
    derrek lowe is having elbow issues...missing his next start and might be out for the year.

good shit
  • The Fixer wrote:
    derrek lowe is having elbow issues...missing his next start and might be out for the year.

good shit

Watch them bring up some no name minor leaguer who goes 5-0 in Sept. I hate the Braves. How does that team stay in Atlanta when nobody goes to see a first place team in September?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:

good shit

Watch them bring up some no name minor leaguer who goes 5-0 in Sept. I hate the Braves. How does that team stay in Atlanta when nobody goes to see a first place team in September.

Transient city. And the people who are there only care about Georgia football. And the Falcons when Vick played for them.
  • In case anyone's interested, a few of us PJ people are going to the Labor Day 105pm game, tailgating before...and also going to the Tuesday night game too....if any of you people are going and want to meet up, let me know!!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    The Fixer wrote:

good shit

Watch them bring up some no name minor leaguer who goes 5-0 in Sept. I hate the Braves. How does that team stay in Atlanta when nobody goes to see a first place team in September?

I know they have some young studs in their upper levels of their minor league system. one guy in particular, Arodys Vizcaino, who they got from the yanks in the Texiera trade. Think he had arm problems this year though.

Regardless, it's good for the phils. Their best pitching prospect, mike minor, is already in their rotation

Farnsworth started the year in the Royals rotation...maybe they can put that meathead in their rotation. That would be awesome, that guy stinks
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    Blanton ain't pitching too well. Still kinda early. Hopefully the "o" picks it up. That Carlos Gonzales is a pretty decent hitter though on the Rockies.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WHAT A HORRIBLE FUCKING AT-BAT BY SHANE AND JIMMY. HOLY FUCK HOW ARE THESE GUYS PROFESSIONALS?????
    Blanton ain't pitching too well. Still kinda early. Hopefully the "o" picks it up. That Carlos Gonzales is a pretty decent hitter though on the Rockies.

he's a beast
    WHAT A HORRIBLE FUCKING AT-BAT BY SHANE AND JIMMY. HOLY FUCK HOW ARE THESE GUYS PROFESSIONALS?????

this game is frustrating to watch. bad spot for the phils having to make this pit stop in denver. just get this game over with and get back to philly so they can rest for the 5 games over the holiday weekend.

also, bastardo just isn't ready for the big time. not getting a LH reliever is gonna come back to haunt this team
    how about mccarthy asking rollins to hit a grand slam after he fell behind in the count 0-2? this broadcast just gets worse and worse
    The Fixer wrote:
    WHAT A HORRIBLE FUCKING AT-BAT BY SHANE AND JIMMY. HOLY FUCK HOW ARE THESE GUYS PROFESSIONALS?????

this game is frustrating to watch. bad spot for the phils having to make this pit stop in denver. just get this game over with and get back to philly so they can rest for the 5 games over the holiday weekend.

also, bastardo just isn't ready for the big time. not getting a LH reliever is gonna come back to haunt this team

nice, kong just went deep. Now steal this win fellas
    It's a laser show in colorado tonight
  • This team is the most manic I've ever seen it. Like a bi-polar ex-girlfriend.
  • There's the Chutley I remember.
    This team is the most manic I've ever seen it. Like a bi-polar ex-girlfriend.

haha...we must be in the make up sex stage right now

utley is the fucking man
    braves just lost too. word
  • If I hear Wheels say 'goofy' one more time, I'm going to rip his wig off his 9 year-old-boy-lovin' head.
  • Unbelievable. This is insanity.
  • Unbelievable. This is insanity.

12-10. In horseshoes I would say 2-0. 6 more outs. Um, I think we need some more runs.

If I hear Wheels say 'goofy' one more time, I'm going to rip his wig off his 9 year-old-boy-lovin' head.

did you watch the game yesterday? he said it's really bright out here about 2 billion times. they're so bad
  • And by the way, this ump sucks big round ones.
    Unbelievable. This is insanity.

12-10. In horseshoes I would say 2-0. 6 more outs. Um, I think we need some more runs.

definitely need a few more
  • Go ahead. Say it, Wheels. Say it, I know ya want to. I dare ya. I fuckin dare ya. Say it Wheels! Say 'goofy' and I'll kill ya!
  • Just said it. That's it. He's a dead man. If you see anything on philly.com in the morning about the death of this pedophile, you all will know why...
    I can't stand watching romero pitch. He is always all over the place
  • Oh mama. C'mon, Jose. Split for a DP. Make it happen.
    I was getting nervous...then they showed huston street warming up.

Remember this joke from the playoffs last year...what's the easiest way to get to the world series? Take Huston Street.

thank you, thank you. I'll be here all weekend. Tip your waitress
    fucking seal hands. CATCH THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.