***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• So....apparently Christopher Guest is a huge Phils fan??? And of course McCarthy and Wheels do not have any humor, nor personality, nor wit, to match.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    So....apparently Christopher Guest is a huge Phils fan??? And of course McCarthy and Wheels do not have any humor, nor personality, nor wit, to match.

I have no idea who this guy is. he needs to stop mumbling so I can understand what he's saying.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    So....apparently Christopher Guest is a huge Phils fan??? And of course McCarthy and Wheels do not have any humor, nor personality, nor wit, to match.

I have no idea who this guy is. he needs to stop mumbling so I can understand what he's saying.

You've never heard of Spinal Tap, Waiting For Guffman, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind?
    The Fixer wrote:

You've never heard of Spinal Tap, Waiting For Guffman, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind?

I thought Spinal Tap was a band. as for the rest...no
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Well, I guess it's a band. But it's still his band. But mostly it was a movie - This Is Spinal Tap. Nothing?

Speaking of movies, Point Break's on. Hmmmm....Phils? Point Break? Decisions, decisions...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:

Well, I guess it's a band. But it's still his band. But mostly it was a movie - This Is Spinal Tap. Nothing?

Speaking of movies, Point Break's on. Hmmmm....Phils? Point Break? Decisions, decisions...

I AM AN FBI AGENT.

if you choose that over the phils, you're gonna be banned from this thread. come on utah

and fixer--step up your movie game dude!
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

I AM AN FBI AGENT.

if you choose that over the phils, you're gonna be banned from this thread. come on utah

I have been a forefather of this thread for years now.

I AM AN FBI AGENT.

I'm definitely not a movie buff.

oswalt no hits thru 4. he's thrown about 90 pitches though. he looks like AJ burnett today

I AM AN FBI AGENT.

and god bless you for it.
    www.myspace.com

• I AM AN FBI AGENT.

and god bless you for it.

Gesundheit.
    fucking werth. what a turd
    how you gonna strand the r6 like that? 3 strikeouts in a row. nice.

i'm watching on gamecast at work....that oswalt trade sure looks pretty good right now, eh boys? ;)
    www.myspace.com
    sorry
    www.myspace.com
    sorry

I don't believe in that superstitious nonsense.

Everyone liked the oswalt trade. amaro gets credit for that

phils have a bunch of guys playing in the Arizona Fall League (the premier offseason league for prospects)...including a couple of guys that could be in their pen next year (justin de fratus, BJ Rosenburg). good shit
    The Fixer wrote:
    sorry

i totally do. thats why i tried to not specifically say what i meant.

i bet the two douches on tv were talking about from the 4th inning on though...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    sorry

it's their job to tell you what's going on in the game. I can't stand announcers that refrain from giving you the entire story. It has no correlation to what's happening on the field

can't believe I just stuck up for wheels and mccarthy
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Youtbe michael Kay no hitter talk or something like that. It's quite amusing.

I do agree that it's their job to say what's happening. it's irresponsible and not doing their job if they don't.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it's their job to tell you what's going on in the game. I can't stand announcers that refrain from giving you the entire story. It has no correlation to what's happening on the field

can't believe I just stuck up for wheels and mccarthy

there are ways to tell you someone's throwing a no hitter without actually saying those words. baseball's quirks are 100% awesome.

god i miss harry the k...
    www.myspace.com
  • Listening on AtBat at work. I have praised Doc for similar efforts, so gotta hand it to Oswalt for battling through 6+ innings without his best control (and getting squeezed maybe?) and not giving up ANY runs.

Come on bullpen finish it up!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Listening on AtBat at work. I have praised Doc for similar efforts, so gotta hand it to Oswalt for battling through 6+ innings without his best control (and getting squeezed maybe?) and not giving up ANY runs.

Come on bullpen finish it up!

Oswalt battled, but his command wasn't great. An AJ Burnett-like performance.

Rollins error didn't help there
    atta way rook!
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited September 2010
    i brought peace and happiness here today...and a win

sucks that the mets are of no help
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Yeah, Kershaw's tough - 1 for 4 with an RBI double and a K. Hopefully a little better defense than the 1st inning on Monday.

This thread is so contentious. Phillies must be in last place. :?

Well, Howard was 1 for 4 with just a plain old double and a K - no RBI, but that doesn't mean anything anyway. Not a bad prediction.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    according to Baseball Tonight last night Ryan Howard has the highest career OPS for the month of September of any active player.

Braves just don't lose at home. Mets blow - time to implode that franchise.
    pjhawks wrote:
    according to Baseball Tonight last night Ryan Howard has the highest career OPS for the month of September of any active player.

Braves just don't lose at home. Mets blow - time to implode that franchise.

all aboard.....
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, Kershaw's tough - 1 for 4 with an RBI double and a K. Hopefully a little better defense than the 1st inning on Monday.

This thread is so contentious. Phillies must be in last place. :?

Well, Howard was 1 for 4 with just a plain old double and a K - no RBI, but that doesn't mean anything anyway. Not a bad prediction.

you've been right on lately
  • Anyone see the brawl last night between the Fish and the Nats ?

The one thing I dont understand the Nats were down like 11 runs and Morgan was stealing bases the ESPN crew made comments like that isn't something you should do ?? What ?!?!?!

I know the rule when you're up 11 runs not to run but down 11 ?

Any whoo...nice clothes line by Gaby

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Anyone see the brawl last night between the Fish and the Nats ?

The one thing I dont understand the Nats were down like 11 runs and Morgan was stealing bases the ESPN crew made comments like that isn't something you should do ?? What ?!?!?!

one of the nats coaches was throwing punches around too. it was pretty crazy.
    www.myspace.com

one of the nats coaches was throwing punches around too. it was pretty crazy.

Yeah the 3rd base coach hopped right in the pile

Morgan separated the catchers shoulder the night before..that dude is a fire cracker !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Yea, I don't have any problem with him stealing bases. Big comebacks in baseball are much more common in recent years. That ram into catcher thing was just stupid though. He'd have been safe if he slid. This is also the guy who winged a Phils fan in the stands. He's an idiot.

Alright Johan - Mets need to salvage one tonight! Earn your $25M or whatever it is.

Phils & Rox are both going to be sleepwalking through this game today. For tdoay's bold prediction, I think Joe the Pitcher might get another scoreless 1st inning. :shock:

Cole Hamels did not fly home last night (to get extra rest for Friday's start) - he went to Denver with the team instead of getting extra sleep. He said he doesn't need it - he's used to not sleeping with an 11-month old in the house. I think he might actually have gotten more sleep that he would've.

This discussion has been closed.