***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited September 2010
    Awesome game for Hollywood. I think he looks better than he's ever looked before. And that little scruff makes him look a little intimidating (well, maybe not) - maybe he's priming for another bar fight (uh oh).

Dog looked great in the 9th, but still gave us a heartattack with that Prince flyout. He's a great closer until there are 2 outs, then all bets are off.

I would bitch about scoring just 1 run off Jeff Suppan, but I'll just be happy with the win. :)

Cards announcers on MLB - wishing random people in Illinois happy birthday. I miss Harry doing that. What a dropoff. Why can the Cardinals beat only the Reds, and no one else?

r6 with a lil 4 game hit streak going too :mrgreen:

cards game ain't over yet. hopefully the reds can put the nail in their coffin this weekend.

confidence levels remain high...GO PHILS.

4 for 22 (.182) over the last week. HE'S ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

come on

at least no errors tonight. last night was BRUTAL
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    Awesome game for Hollywood. I think he looks better than he's ever looked before. And that little scruff makes him look a little intimidating (well, maybe not) - maybe he's priming for another bar fight (uh oh).

Dog looked great in the 9th, but still gave us a heartattack with that Prince flyout. He's a great closer until there are 2 outs, then all bets are off.

I would bitch about scoring just 1 run off Jeff Suppan, but I'll just be happy with the win. :)

Cards announcers on MLB - wishing random people in Illinois happy birthday. I miss Harry doing that. What a dropoff. Why can the Cardinals beat only the Reds, and no one else?

r6 with a lil 4 game hit streak going too :mrgreen:

cards game ain't over yet. hopefully the reds can put the nail in their coffin this weekend.

confidence levels remain high...GO PHILS.

4 for his last 22. HE'S ON FIRE

come on

man you're stupid.
    www.myspace.com
    get off his nuts. he's been bad
    The Fixer wrote:

i'm convinced. you're a woman.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

did you watch the game last night? I'm guessing that's a no. otherwise you wouldn't be dumb enough to defend howard.

come on man...I love the phils, but the blind howard loyalty is old. call it like it is...the guy has SUCKED. you say he's out of a slump and he's under .200 in the last week. I'm just calling it like I see it
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

did you watch the game last night? I'm guessing that's a no. otherwise you wouldn't be dumb enough to defend howard.

come on man...I love the phils, but the blind howard loyalty is old. call it like it is...the guy has SUCKED. you say he's out of a slump and he's under .200 in the last week. I'm just calling it like I see it

wow. you're either an illogical dope or a woman. take your pick. come on man...

i'd call a 4 game hitting streak the end of a slump. any baseball fan worth his salt (and who does not solely rely on stats) will tell you he started to come out of it last weekend.

still think we're not making the playoffs? dope. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The name calling needs to stop around here immediately. Let the record show - the bar, Bob & Barbaras is a god send.
  • ROY,MVP,best hr and rbi to start his career,best september hitter in the game,decent fielder horrible thrower who strikes out to much sometimes. Without Howard do we win the world series? The man usually leads 2-3 of the triple crown every year but he sucks and we have blind faith. Just because u hate his contract u forget everything the man has done but were the ones who don't see things logically. Sometimes u should take your own advice and look at things for what they are. In 7yrs when joe blow is playing gold glove 1st base batting 260 with 15hrs and 70rbi I'm sure you'll be happy. We've had that guy here before and now that we have a beast you want chop meat again because of a contract or throws to 2nd. Like I've said before your the type of fan that we can deal without,your a hater who tries to turn it into well sorry I don't like every player on the team. Howards not any player he the best power hitter the games ever seen to start a career not my view but a mlb fact. Instead of hating enjoy the fact that your watching such in incredible talent. I'm sure you'll twist and make shit up like always. Jeags was right last year thread was much better wonder why?
    Go Birds!!!!

i'd call a 4 game hitting streak the end of a slump. any baseball fan worth his salt (and who does not solely rely on stats) will tell you he started to come out of it last weekend.

still think we're not making the playoffs? dope. :lol:[/quote]

you still didn't answer the question...did you watch the game last night?

dope, fraud, blah, blah...sounds like 610 to me

a guy hitting under .200 in the last week is coming out of a slump? OK, that makes sense. well, you are the guy that wanted pedro feliz back...and blanton skipped, so it all makes sense.

keep defending howard...he's been awful. utley has been bad too. this team is winning anyway
    The Fixer wrote:

still think we're not making the playoffs? dope. :lol:

a guy hitting under .200 in the last week is coming out of a slump? OK, that makes sense. well, you are the guy that wanted pedro feliz back...and blanton skipped, so it all makes sense.

keep defending howard...he's been awful. utley has been bad too. this team is winning anyway[/quote]

:arrow: fingernails on a black board.

still think the phils suck and are not making the playoffs? :lol:

learn to quote.
    www.myspace.com
  • What's funny is when u give facts,he never responds cause he can't twist them.
    Go Birds!!!!
    What's funny is when u give facts,he never responds cause he can't twist them.

i miss the 08 and 09 threads.

new phillies fans are annoying :lol:

only kidding--only kidding
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

keep defending howard...he's been awful. utley has been bad too. this team is winning anyway

learn to quote.

phils are in good shape to make playoffs. I'm not a psychic...predictions aren't always right. past and present performance, on the other hand, is easy to judge. like howard sucking balls this year.

the play in the ninth inning last night was horrible. hopefully you have it on DVR so you can see it
    What's funny is when u give facts,he never responds cause he can't twist them.

i miss the 08 and 09 threads.

new phillies fans are annoying :lol:

only kidding--only kidding

what's worse is eagle fans that pretend like they know baseball (and hockey too when the flyers are in the playoffs)
  • ROY,MVP,best hr and rbi to start his career,best september hitter in the game,decent fielder horrible thrower who strikes out to much sometimes. Without Howard do we win the world series? The man usually leads 2-3 of the triple crown every year but he sucks and we have blind faith. Just because u hate his contract u forget everything the man has done but were the ones who don't see things logically. Sometimes u should take your own advice and look at things for what they are. In 7yrs when joe blow is playing gold glove 1st base batting 260 with 15hrs and 70rbi I'm sure you'll be happy. We've had that guy here before and now that we have a beast you want chop meat again because of a contract or throws to 2nd. Like I've said before your the type of fan that we can deal without,your a hater who tries to turn it into well sorry I don't like every player on the team. Howards not any player he the best power hitter the games ever seen to start a career not my view but a mlb fact. Instead of hating enjoy the fact that your watching such in incredible talent. I'm sure you'll twist and make shit up like always. Jeags was right last year thread was much better wonder why?
    Well???? I'm waiting and yes I did quote myself!
    Go Birds!!!!
    ROY,MVP,best hr and rbi to start his career,best september hitter in the game,decent fielder horrible thrower who strikes out to much sometimes. Without Howard do we win the world series? The man usually leads 2-3 of the triple crown every year but he sucks and we have blind faith. Just because u hate his contract u forget everything the man has done but were the ones who don't see things logically. Sometimes u should take your own advice and look at things for what they are. In 7yrs when joe blow is playing gold glove 1st base batting 260 with 15hrs and 70rbi I'm sure you'll be happy. We've had that guy here before and now that we have a beast you want chop meat again because of a contract or throws to 2nd. Like I've said before your the type of fan that we can deal without,your a hater who tries to turn it into well sorry I don't like every player on the team. Howards not any player he the best power hitter the games ever seen to start a career not my view but a mlb fact. Instead of hating enjoy the fact that your watching such in incredible talent. I'm sure you'll twist and make shit up like always. Jeags was right last year thread was much better wonder why?

I don't bother reading your posts anymore. It's like trying to decipher hierogliphics. sorry dude, it's true.

I'm sure you have something about RBI in there. you know adam dunn and adam laroche both have more RBI than howard this year? further proof that stat is useless...both of those guys blow
    edited September 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

learn to quote.

phils are in good shape to make playoffs. I'm not a psychic...predictions aren't always right. past and present performance, on the other hand, is easy to judge. like howard sucking balls this year.

the play in the ninth inning last night was horrible. hopefully you have it on DVR so you can see it

dvr...yeah good call. i'll watch it right after i watch his 2 run bomb to get us back in the game. :roll:

one thing you need to learn is that baseball is a long season. just a month ago you were saying howard was having a good season. now he sucks balls this year. a week ago the phillies sucked and were not making the playoffs and now they're in good shape to make the playoffs. your inconsistencies are frightening...yet par for the course with you.

watching your frantic posts following random 2 game losing streaks have been pretty enjoyable though. i must say.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    ROY,MVP,best hr and rbi to start his career,best september hitter in the game,decent fielder horrible thrower who strikes out to much sometimes. Without Howard do we win the world series? The man usually leads 2-3 of the triple crown every year but he sucks and we have blind faith. Just because u hate his contract u forget everything the man has done but were the ones who don't see things logically. Sometimes u should take your own advice and look at things for what they are. In 7yrs when joe blow is playing gold glove 1st base batting 260 with 15hrs and 70rbi I'm sure you'll be happy. We've had that guy here before and now that we have a beast you want chop meat again because of a contract or throws to 2nd. Like I've said before your the type of fan that we can deal without,your a hater who tries to turn it into well sorry I don't like every player on the team. Howards not any player he the best power hitter the games ever seen to start a career not my view but a mlb fact. Instead of hating enjoy the fact that your watching such in incredible talent. I'm sure you'll twist and make shit up like always. Jeags was right last year thread was much better wonder why?

I don't bother reading your posts anymore. It's like trying to decipher hierogliphics. sorry dude, it's true.

I'm sure you have something about RBI in there. you know adam dunn and adam laroche both have more RBI than howard this year? further proof that stat is useless...both of those guys blow

What's clueless is you compare howard to dunn and laroche,that's clueless. What's clueless is that your so stuck up your own ass that u can't see what's right in front of your face. Your about as cluesless as it comes u twist words around worse then a chick. There 7yr olds out there that have more understanding of the game then u. Howards a clutch performer not just a hour and rbi guy. He leads his team into the playoffs and world series. To compare 2 journeyman players to a superstar shows just how clueless u are.
    Go Birds!!!!

dvr...yeah good call. i'll watch it right after i watch his 2 run bomb to get us back in the game. :roll:

one thing you need to learn is that baseball is a long season. just a month ago you were saying howard was having a good season. now he sucks balls this year. a week ago the phillies sucked and were not making the playoffs and now they're in good shape to make the playoffs. your inconsistencies are frightening...yet par for the course with you.

watching your frantic posts following a 2 game losing streak have been pretty enjoyable though. i must say.

ah, the shiny HR overcomes all deficiencies. Riiiiiight. Just check out howard's WAR...that tells the entire story...and it's not pretty.

You're right about me being erratic this year with the phils. This has been the most frustrating good philly team I have ever followed (even moreso than the lindros era flyers squads). Call me out on that if you want, that's fair...but to pretend that everyone in this thread hasn't been the same way at some point during this season is kidding yourself. I just happened to fly off the handle during a 4 game sweep at home to a shit team as the phils were trying to close the gap on the braves.

It would be a lot easier if people around here would just realize and admit that the black pear has been terrible. This team is still winning though, so we shouldn't be at each others throats.

What's clueless is you compare howard to dunn and laroche,that's clueless. What's clueless is that your so stuck up your own ass that u can't see what's right in front of your face. Your about as cluesless as it comes u twist words around worse then a chick. There 7yr olds out there that have more understanding of the game then u. Howards a clutch performer not just a hour and rbi guy. He leads his team into the playoffs and world series. To compare 2 journeyman players to a superstar shows just how clueless u are.

your and you're. come on man, do us a favor and learn them. I did it in second grade, so I'm confident you can do it now if you try really hard
  • I love that all u can do is make fun of spelling and grammar,you know what the fuck I'm saying just fine. That fact is I tell it how it is and all u can do is pick on grammar. I write on my phone I don't go back and reread my posts,kill me but its funny u make a dumb ass point I call u on it and u talk about grammar. Kinda funny that all u do is make wrong point again and again yet u talk shit on hawks and me and jeags. Were adults here u understand what's being typed. If I want a grade on my spelling ill call u. But instead grow up and anwser a question or statement without acting like a mr know it all. Or maybe I'm wrong and I paid 20 dollars to get a grammar lesson.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • You're all a bunch of fags. If you need me I'll be at Phil's getting a mushroom three cheese wit. Stop being douches, seriously.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    I love that all u can do is make fun of spelling and grammar,you know what the fuck I'm saying just fine. That fact is I tell it how it is and all u can do is pick on grammar. I write on my phone I don't go back and reread my posts,kill me but its funny u make a dumb ass point I call u on it and u talk about grammar. Kinda funny that all u do is make wrong point again and again yet u talk shit on hawks and me and jeags. Were adults here u understand what's being typed. If I want a grade on my spelling ill call u. But instead grow up and anwser a question or statement without acting like a mr know it all. Or maybe I'm wrong and I paid 20 dollars to get a grammar lesson.

dude I've had with him too. I am now convinced there is one of three reasons why he is like this. He is either one of these wip-type eagle fans who gets off by stirring shit that he knows no sane person can take his side on and gets all hot by watching us squirm, or ryan howard slept with his wife/mother/sister or all 3, or he is just a complete utter moron who wears black socks and black shoes together who has never ever played a competitive sport in his life.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    You're all a bunch of fags. If you need me I'll be at Phil's getting a mushroom three cheese wit. Stop being douches, seriously.

there is only one douche in here and everyone knows who that is - i agree it's sickening to read. i admit i've partaken in it but i've had it with him as well. i am going to do my best not to respond to any of his ridiculously biased (for some reason) opinions but can't say he won't piss me off again.

go Phils.
  • Off topic, but nice W for Temple over "Nova today. :D:D:D

nova put up a good fight though.

either way, i'm sure they'll get their revenge on the hardwood in a few months :thumbup:

Bring it :!: 2nd straight Owls win on the court this year.
    You're all a bunch of fags. If you need me I'll be at Phil's getting a mushroom three cheese wit. Stop being douches, seriously.

Well, we're one game out, THREE games up in the Wild Card. We showed the Padres that they're not a playoff team. Looking like another fun playoff run - maybe a fun NLCS vs. the Reds. What's the problem here?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    More Ryan Howard talk....the man is insanely overrated.
    Anyone going to the Red Bull thing today?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

No one cares what you think Yanks fan. :P

What's the deal with the Phil Hughes innings limit? Is their 2nd best pitcher gonna be in the playoff rotation?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No one cares what you think Yanks fan. :P

What's the deal with the Phil Hughes innings limit? Is their 2nd best pitcher gonna be in the playoff rotation?

haha. Fair enough.

Not sure what his innings limit is (he does not even know), just know he is starting to get close. But they won't have a limit on him for the playoffs. The playoff rotation will be some combo of CC, AJ, Pettitte and Hughes.
    pjhawks wrote:

there is only one douche in here and everyone knows who that is - i agree it's sickening to read. i admit i've partaken in it but i've had it with him as well. i am going to do my best not to respond to any of his ridiculously biased (for some reason) opinions but can't say he won't piss me off again.

go Phils.

there's one common denominator that is contributing this nonsense this year compared every other year in here. we all know what it is.

either way, this september's gonna be a fun ride yet again my friend. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.