***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    By the way, there's tix no where close to sold out for the MMJ show on Sunday night. My advice is all you jerks should go.

I honestly don't think I know one MMJ song. Where is the show? I love concerts

what? dude....dude...they are pretty damn awesome.

i could have sworn this was on labor day weekend though. i was planning on heading down. sunday night is not too kosher for me though...
    www.myspace.com
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996

of course the firework crowd would stick around.

that crowd was awesome last night. loved the "let's go oswalt" chants in the end too.

were you close enough to give the 3rd base ump the business?

Yeah I was joking about that, but hey that's the only reason the whole crowd stuck around for 7-1 comeback against Cincy this year too so I take nothing away from that.

No, I was in left center but whenever the third base umpire would turn around and look into the outfield between innings all he saw was about 6 sections of fans giving him the finger. Wish I had my camera last night to take a picture of that. It was pretty awesome looking.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

I couldn't disagree more with polanco. his job there is to protect the line. he's giving that hole away in that situation. I don't think he got his glove on that ball either, but that's splitting hairs. bottom line is that ball was a clean single. you're acting like the ball went thru his legs

did you see the play?

of course. I watched all 16 innings of that disaster last night. I saw that play and each of howards 5 strikeouts
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    By the way, there's tix no where close to sold out for the MMJ show on Sunday night. My advice is all you jerks should go.

i could have sworn this was on labor day weekend though. i was planning on heading down. sunday night is not too kosher for me though...

August 29th. This Sunday. It's at Penn's Landing - not Festival Pier. It's called Great Plaza. Fixer, you need to brush up on your MMJ asap as they are the bee's knees. Best live show out there aside from PJ. Hands down.

I'm getting tix at the gate cause I know it's not selling out and I'm not paying ridiculous surcharges.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'll give any band a shot...as long as it's not cuntry music (see what I did there jeags?)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I'll be washing my hair....

Hey, if you don't like good music then I don't know what to tell you.

Not a fan my friend

Where they playing ? Weather should be nice this weekend
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

I was usually still tailgating when they were opening..but did catch some their act
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

August 29th. This Sunday. It's at Penn's Landing - not Festival Pier. It's called Great Plaza. Fixer, you need to brush up on your MMJ asap as they are the bee's knees. Best live show out there aside from PJ. Hands down.

I'm getting tix at the gate cause I know it's not selling out and I'm not paying ridiculous surcharges.

I will see if I can round up a degenerate friend or two and head down. the wife is away with friends for a few days...not back til tuesday.

EDIT: JP, give me a few song recommendations

And there is no way in hell that MMJ is better than springsteen live
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'll give any band a shot...as long as it's not cuntry music (see what I did there jeags?)

i see it. well done.

mmj has a lil country flair to them though. moreso their earlier stuff...which was still great. check them out.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I couldn't disagree more with polanco. his job there is to protect the line. he's giving that hole away in that situation. I don't think he got his glove on that ball either, but that's splitting hairs. bottom line is that ball was a clean single. you're acting like the ball went thru his legs

did you see the play?

of course. I watched all 16 innings of that disaster last night. I saw that play and each of howards 5 strikeouts

well then you should know that he stopped the ball and threw it to 2nd. you might have been thinking of some other play.
    www.myspace.com

mmj has a lil country flair to them though. moreso their earlier stuff...which was still great. check them out.

that's cool, I can deal with southern influences. I just can't deal with redneck shit like Lynyrd skynyrd or country acts. I love the black crowes and they have some cuntry to them. They are playing at the Tower at the end of october. that show is gonna be sick. unfortunately I can't make it that weekend, going to watch PSU lose to michigan
    The Fixer wrote:

I will see if I can round up a degenerate friend or two and head down. the wife is away with friends for a few days...not back til tuesday.

EDIT: JP, give me a few song recommendations

And there is no way in hell that MMJ is better than springsteen live

No offense to Bruce, as I'm a huge fan. I'm just tired of him. Sorry to say it.

And Jeags is right, MMJ does have a bit of a country twang to them but it's not really country. They're from Louisville, so it's expected. Jim James is fucking awesome. Also check out Monsters of Folk(Jim James, M Ward, and Conor Oberst - good shit).

Anyway, some MMJ recommendations - One Big Holiday, Cobra, I'm Amazed, Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2, Librarian, Bermuda Highway, Honest Man, At Dawn, Lay Low, Wordless Chorus, I will sing you songs, Mahgeetah, Golden, Dancefloors....I could go on forever....

If you want to get a feel for their live act, buy or rent the dvd "Okonokos" - it's a live act from like 4 years ago at the fillmore in san fran. It's sweet. You can get it as an album as well. I love this band.
    One Big Holiday is as fine a rock and roll song as you will find.

i noticed the flyers had that song blasting during their warm ups a lot this year.
    www.myspace.com
    One Big Holiday is as fine a rock and roll song as you will find.

i noticed the flyers had that song blasting during their warm ups a lot this year.

Yeah, I've heard it over the PA too. Sweet stuff.

One Big Holiday is the definition of bad fucking ass rock and roll.
    Let's go Fightin's. Need this one tonight. Oh, and fuck Scott Barry.
    Let's go Fightin's. Need this one tonight. Oh, and fuck Scott Barry.

hate to sound overreactive, but they need to win the rest of halladay's starts.

rocks just put up a 4 spot...10-5 braves
    10-6. jurrjens is getting smacked around
    And we are tied in Denver! C'mon Rox you pieces of crap.
    11-10 ROCKS!
    www.myspace.com
    Hahahahhahaha!!! Correctio - Aaaaand the Rockies take the lead!

Colorado wins and tonight is SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHUUUUGE.

God bless the MLB Network and being able to watch this first hand.
    12-10 now Rox.

If we can win tonight and tomorrow, that'll put us 1 game back with an absolutely huge west coast trip. Was suppose to make the trek out to my buddy's place in LA for a couple of those games if I had the money. Wish I was getting out there. Damnit.

But ya know, if it does come down to ATL and Philly in that last series of the season, that could be a relatively cheap road trip...hmmmmm.....
    12-10 now Rox.

If we can win tonight and tomorrow, that'll put us 1 game back with an absolutely huge west coast trip. Was suppose to make the trek out to my buddy's place in LA for a couple of those games if I had the money. Wish I was getting out there. Damnit.

But ya know, if it does come down to ATL and Philly in that last series of the season, that could be a relatively cheap road trip...hmmmmm.....

you beat me to it.

dude, one of my boys is getting married on 10/2. If it comes down to that weekend and there are no TVs there will be no one at his wedding.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    Wow I picked one hell of a game to see for the first time this year. Good game. J-Roll hit a homer to tie the game with 2 outs in the 9th inning. Howard gets ejected. I think Manuel got ejected also. Oswalt plays left :lol: and first batter hits a ball right to him. Game goes 16 innings and well over 5 hours. Also got a Chooch bobblehead :D

Although i don't understand one thing. I know Dominaic Brown was announced as a pinch hitter, but then they decided to go with Francisco instead. So I'm guessing that counts as an AB since they didn't use him later?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    wow that is a crushing defeat for the bravos.

we're winning this division gentlemen.

HAPPY HALLADAYS!
    www.myspace.com
    Wow I picked one hell of a game to see for the first time this year. Good game. J-Roll hit a homer to tie the game with 2 outs in the 9th inning. Howard gets ejected. I think Manuel got ejected also. Oswalt plays left :lol: and first batter hits a ball right to him. Game goes 16 innings and well over 5 hours. Also got a Chooch bobblehead :D

Although i don't understand one thing. I know Dominaic Brown was announced as a pinch hitter, but then they decided to go with Francisco instead. So I'm guessing that counts as an AB since they didn't use him later?

yeah, once a reserve player is officially announced as entering the game he is unable to return. so the phils announced brown as a pinch hitter, the astros brought in a lefty, and manuel pinch hit for brown.

this is called wasting a player...it's one of charlies' favorite strategies.

giants just tied their game as well. they were also down 10-1 I believe. craziness
    The Fixer wrote:
    12-10 now Rox.

you beat me to it.

dude, one of my boys is getting married on 10/2. If it comes down to that weekend and there are no TVs there will be no one at his wedding.

Yeah, dude. If he's smart, they'll embrace that shit as part of their wedding. They should rent a huge HD projection screen for it. They gotta know where priorities stand...
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I'm betting Halladay is pretty disappointed with how that played out, but that's life in the NL.
    this team is playing with their head's up their asses. way too many dumb mistakes. that's a reflection of the manager.

so frustrating
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,312
    Wow, 6 pages in a day & a half. One business trip and I fall completely behind.

Phillies are playing like September Mets in this series. Two horrible pickoffs. Terrible at-bats. Lost tempers. Ugly.

Hey Fixer - so far, Cardinals 1-2 on Pitt/Wash road trip...

Nice comeback for the Rox - watch them go on another 20 game winning streak and take the wild card.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cutting off their nose to spite their fucking face. Unbelievable.
This discussion has been closed.