***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, franzke is play by play. larry anderson (the guy that was traded from boston for jeff bagwell) is the color guy. I got plastered with larry anderson at a bar on south street a few years ago. dude is awesome.

Probably Downey's. Dude loves that place. As well as good ole Pete's Sake. Been there many a time when he was enjoying lunch with multiple adult beverages.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, franzke is play by play. larry anderson (the guy that was traded from boston for jeff bagwell) is the color guy. I got plastered with larry anderson at a bar on south street a few years ago. dude is awesome.

Probably Downey's. Dude loves that place. As well as good ole Pete's Sake. Been there many a time when he was enjoying lunch with multiple adult beverages.

It was actually kildare's. I don't even think that place is there anymore. We were up on the 2nd floor. I was with a buddy and he left us to talk to some girls. he said when he came back me and LA were destroyed and LA had me in a headlock screaming 'this is my boy'. Then I went home and puked my guts up. great night
    would be huge to take 3 of 4 from the astros. need to keep this momentum going with a tough west coast trip starting this weekend.

STL plays 7 games against pitt and DC this week. they should make up some ground. phils need to win their division
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    would be huge to take 3 of 4 from the astros. need to keep this momentum going with a tough west coast trip starting this weekend.

STL plays 7 games against pitt and DC this week. they should make up some ground. phils need to win their division
    I see us taking 3 of 4,tonight makes me nervous with Myers. He's either gonna pitch a gem or over throw like he did in his return against the muts a couple years ago and walk a ton and leave some meaty fastballs for the boys to whack.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,313
    The Fixer wrote:

Cards will go 3-4 in these 7 games. Take a look at their road record and Pitt's & Wash's home records.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Cards will go 3-4 in these 7 games. Take a look at their road record and Pitt's & Wash's home records.

But they have pedro feliz now!!

seriously, I think they go 5-2. They aren't playing well, but now is when they'll turn it on. Nats lost strasburg and willingham this week. 2 huge losses for them.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,313
    The Fixer wrote:
    But they have pedro feliz now!!

And the Chief Justice, Jon Jay. :lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Just got back from the game...brutal. My thoughts

1 - Blanton continues to pitch well. Great effort wasted

2 - Werth has to be the dumbest player in MLB. First time I've ever seen someone picked off on an intentional walk. What a fucking jack ass. He's a good player, but whoever gives him the inevitable huge contract he's gonna get will regret it. He makes wayyy too many mental mistakes

3 - Howard is brutal. I was a day late on the 0-4 with 3 K's prediction. why any pitcher ever throws him a fastball is beyond me. He's also gotta make that play on the bunt, but he moves like a hippo. that play cost the phils a win.

4 - Rollins is starting to come around

5 - They need a manager that isn't an idiot. You can't let carlos lee beat you in the 8th inning with a base open and the go-ahead run in scoring position. dumb, dumb, dumb

not a good night...gotta win games like tonight if they want to get into the playoffs
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    phinally going to my first game tomorrow. Carlos Ruiz bobble figurine tomorrow :D Hopefully they win, what did I hear the Astros have won 13 games in a row at Citi Bank?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Howard's gotta just toss that ball to first and not waste his time with a play like that to begin with - though I will say that I saw that the same ump called Victorino out on the same play last year.

And if it was the usual hot, humid, August night then that opposite field fly out by Howard would've been out of the park.
    edited August 2010
    Howard's gotta just toss that ball to first and not waste his time with a play like that to begin with - though I will say that I saw that the same ump called Victorino out on the same play last year.

And if it was the usual hot, humid, August night then that opposite field fly out by Howard would've been out of the park.

I saw the replay this morning. bourn was definitely out, but you're right all howard has to do is flip the ball to first and it's a moot point. If he's not hitting home runs, he kills this team

I kinda missed werth getting picked off. My buddy was with me and he said he saw werth looking at the scoreboard. yes, he was off the base with his back to home plate, looking at the scoreboard. gotta be kidding me.

just a horrendous loss last night. this team isn't making the playoffs
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    phinally going to my first game tomorrow. Carlos Ruiz bobble figurine tomorrow :D Hopefully they win, what did I hear the Astros have won 13 games in a row at Citi Bank?

nice, bring home a 'w'. not to sound like a fruit, but bring a sweatshirt...it was pretty chilly down there last night.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    The Fixer wrote:

2 - Werth has to be the dumbest player in MLB. First time I've ever seen someone picked off on an intentional walk. What a fucking jack ass. He's a good player, but whoever gives him the inevitable huge contract he's gonna get will regret it. He makes wayyy too many mental mistakes

3 - Howard is brutal. I was a day late on the 0-4 with 3 K's prediction. why any pitcher ever throws him a fastball is beyond me. He's also gotta make that play on the bunt, but he moves like a hippo. that play cost the phils a win.

5 - They need a manager that isn't an idiot. You can't let carlos lee beat you in the 8th inning with a base open and the go-ahead run in scoring position. dumb, dumb, dumb

not a good night...gotta win games like tonight if they want to get into the playoffs

the Fixer I pretty much agree with you. Obviously don't think Howard is brutal (although he pretty much is brutal defensively) but he totally made what should have been an easy play much more difficult, regardless of it Bourn was out of the base path. Utley was pretty much at 1st by the time Howard had the ball.

also thought Ruiz screwed up on the Quintero bunt - Blanton was there and thought he had a better play on it.

Jason Werth - I missed it to, had turned my head and next thing I know he is out. How is it fn possible to get thrown out on an intentional walk. Werth has made at last 10-15 bone-headed moves on the base paths this year. terrible. Brown needs to get a start against one of these righties.

running/stealing - don't think this team is running enough. Was it the 8th got Brown on 2nd, Rollins on 1st, 1 out and a full count on victorino - no reason at all they are not running on the pitch - don't understand it all. don't give me trying to keep the hole open (most overused and overprotected thing done in baseball, along with guarding the line). run there and no chance of a double play. don't understand charlie sometimes.

Michael Bourn - how is this guy a .250 hitter - swear he hits about .500 against the Phils. We never can seem to keep him off base.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

I saw the replay this morning. bourn was definitely out, but you're right all howard has to do is flip the ball to first and it's a moot point. If he's not hitting home runs, he kills this team

I kinda missed werth getting picked off. My buddy was with me and he said he saw werth looking at the scoreboard. yes, he was off the base with his back to home plate, looking at the scoreboard. gotta be kidding me.

U need to relax on all fronts,your a spaz. This team is and will be fine,and Werth is a moron. It's 1 loss we have plenty of games left and were finially healthy,enjoy the ride and take a breathe.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

U need to relax on all fronts,your a spaz. This team is and will be fine,and Werth is a moron. It's 1 loss we have plenty of games left and were finially healthy,enjoy the ride and take a breathe.

they need to put howard back on the DL until he learns how to field his position and hit a breaking ball.

manuel should be fired too. werth should have been benched after getting picked off

this team's problem is that they expect to make the playoffs. they have to realize that they need to earn a playoff spot
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the Fixer I pretty much agree with you. Obviously don't think Howard is brutal (although he pretty much is brutal defensively) but he totally made what should have been an easy play much more difficult, regardless of it Bourn was out of the base path. Utley was pretty much at 1st by the time Howard had the ball.

also thought Ruiz screwed up on the Quintero bunt - Blanton was there and thought he had a better play on it.

Jason Werth - I missed it to, had turned my head and next thing I know he is out. How is it fn possible to get thrown out on an intentional walk. Werth has made at last 10-15 bone-headed moves on the base paths this year. terrible. Brown needs to get a start against one of these righties.

running/stealing - don't think this team is running enough. Was it the 8th got Brown on 2nd, Rollins on 1st, 1 out and a full count on victorino - no reason at all they are not running on the pitch - don't understand it all. don't give me trying to keep the hole open (most overused and overprotected thing done in baseball, along with guarding the line). run there and no chance of a double play. don't understand charlie sometimes.

Michael Bourn - how is this guy a .250 hitter - swear he hits about .500 against the Phils. We never can seem to keep him off base.

howard is scared to throw the ball. I don't know how a major league player can be so inept in the field. seriously, how hard is it to throw a baseball?

whatever, I need to chill. I'm still pissed about that game last night.

that's a loss that prevents teams from making playoffs though. so many fuckups
    Feelin good about tonight.....First time in a long time that we'll see this lineup in Opening Day form - even though Werth should be benched tonight, with or without Myers' tongue.

Feelin' good things....positive vibes...feeling a game being knocked off that division lead. Go Phils.
    Feelin good about tonight.....First time in a long time that we'll see this lineup in Opening Day form - even though Werth should be benched tonight, with or without Myers' tongue.

Feelin' good things....positive vibes...feeling a game being knocked off that division lead. Go Phils.

just saw the thing about myers' tongue. what a weak ass excuse.

need a win tonight...hopefully they get hamels more than 2 runs
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    you guys are funny...

last night was a horrible loss. but there's 6 weeks to play. nights like that happen.

and yes the offense is in a little slump. but do you know what cures these little slumps? two words: BUD NORRIS. phils will score more runs for cole tonight than they have in his previous 5 outings combined. write that down.

i think we're 22-8 since one, the jeagler, predicted a 15 out of 20 run. thats .733 baseball over a full month. i saw a few pages back someone saying we most likely need to play .640 the rest of the way to win the division---that's like 24-13. we got this. everyone needs to relax.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    you guys are funny...

last night was a horrible loss. but there's 6 weeks to play. nights like that happen.

and yes the offense is in a little slump. but do you know what cures these little slumps? two words: BUD NORRIS. phils will score more runs for cole tonight than they have in his previous 5 outings combined. write that down.

i think we're 22-8 since one, the jeagler, predicted a 15 out of 20 run. thats .733 baseball over a full month. i saw a few pages back someone saying we most likely need to play .640 the rest of the way to win the division---that's like 24-13. we got this. everyone needs to relax.

GO. PHILS.

bud norris is pitching well right now dude. kinda like blanton, the guy you love to rip

funny how you make it sound like 24-13 is no problem. this season is coming down to the 6 remaining games vs the braves
    The Fixer wrote:
    you guys are funny...

GO. PHILS.

bud norris is pitching well right now dude. kinda like blanton, the guy you love to rip

funny how you make it sound like 24-13 is no problem

after going 22-8 without a lot of key players...kinda is. we'll be fine.

it's easy to rip dude's who give up runs in the first inning like clock work and have era's that hover over 5.00 all season :lol:

he's been better lately though. but man that's a rough year for him...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    you guys are funny...

GO. PHILS.

it's easy to rip dude's who give up runs in the first inning like clock work and have era's that hover over 5.00 all season :lol:

it's not ideal to give up runs in the first inning, but last time I checked MLB games were 9 innings. blanton has been fine.

this team is gonna have trouble making playoffs. The cards and reds are both getting in. Phils have to catch the braves
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it's not ideal to give up runs in the first inning, but last time I checked MLB games were 9 innings. blanton has been fine.

this team is gonna have trouble making playoffs. The cards and reds are both getting in. Phils have to catch the braves

blanton's been okay over the last month. last i checked the season is 6 months.

gonna come down to the last weekend regardless. after this weekend the only good team we play is the 2 series against the braves though. not ruling out wildcard...especially since we currently lead it.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    the wild card standings don't mean anything for another 2 weeks.

the phils play the dodgers and rocks next week alone. both of those teams are solid.

also sucks that the pads moved latos back in the rotation for extra rest, meaning the phils will see him on friday.

most phillie fans are a lot more confident than I am about the playoff chances. look at the cards, reds, and braves schedules...all much easier than the phils. and those teams all lead the phils (STL is virtually tied with the phils)
    nate robertson is a solid pickup. low risk and could really help this team as a LOOGY. gotta give amaro credit, nice move
    Rollins comes up huge. Way to atone for your boneheaded baserunning mistake.

Lidge and Madson have really stepped it up. Good shit.

Bucs beating wainwright is huge for the phils.
    howard getting kicked out of this game gives the phils a shot. best thing he could have done. I don't know what he was so mad about...he clearly swung at that 2nd strike.

wheels is taking dumb to a whole new level tonight. says the astros might walk howard with first base open, even though howard had a 1-2 count...and howard couldn't hit a watermelon right now. ridiculous
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    How has Oswalt been doing in left?
    How has Oswalt been doing in left?

first batter hit a fly ball right to him. piece of cake. just hoping he doesn't get hurt out there
    Welp.....wasn't really what I had in mind when I was feeling some vibes. Definitely a weird night though, and fucking super pissed that I just spent over 5 hours on that atrocity of a game. It's fucking pathetic that you can't produce against the Houston fucking Astros. And way to be, Ry, all around - that's EIGHT strikeouts over these two games. Oh and 0-7 for tonight. Yeah, awesome, home runs are worth 125 mil I guess. All I know is Pujols better rape St. Louis for every cent he gets. He better be making 30 mil a season as soon as that extension kicks in.

And I don't know who you are playing second base, but I want Chase Utley back. Not the one that doesn't know how to have a professional approach at the plate. Leave that shit to Rollins and Victorino.
This discussion has been closed.