***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Get Franzke and LA on the tube NOW.

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/pigi
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Welp.....wasn't really what I had in mind when I was feeling some vibes. Definitely a weird night though, and fucking super pissed that I just spent over 5 hours on that atrocity of a game. It's fucking pathetic that you can't produce against the Houston fucking Astros. And way to be, Ry, all around - that's EIGHT strikeouts over these two games. Oh and 0-7 for tonight. Yeah, awesome, home runs are worth 125 mil I guess. All I know is Pujols better rape St. Louis for every cent he gets. He better be making 30 mil a season as soon as that extension kicks in.

And I don't know who you are playing second base, but I want Chase Utley back. Not the one that doesn't know how to have a professional approach at the plate. Leave that shit to Rollins and Victorino.

think the phils may have rushed them both back too soon.

i love weird games like that though. love them even more if we end up winning them ala the mitchie poo game of '93.

gotta take the next 2. at least atlanta and st louis lost.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    edited August 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    howard getting kicked out of this game gives the phils a shot. best thing he could have done. I don't know what he was so mad about...he clearly swung at that 2nd strike.

wheels is taking dumb to a whole new level tonight. says the astros might walk howard with first base open, even though howard had a 1-2 count...and howard couldn't hit a watermelon right now. ridiculous

oh the agony of listening to The Fixer's ridiculous rants after a defeat.
    get your blinders off. no way the 3rd strike was a swing. that ump should be punched in the face.

and do you ever criticize Utley - he has absolutely sucked since coming back. and could argue other than the World Series last year has been a good, not great offensive player for the past 2 years. time to put him 2nd and polanco 3rd.

and whoever thinks Polanco is a good defensive 3rd baseman needs to watch the games. easy play last night in the 16th - got to make that play. one step to his left and he couldn't get it. makes all the plays he catches but just doesn't get to enough ball. got to make that play in my opinion.

charlie a moron too - number 1 stop using your top relievers for only 1 inning in extra inning games - stupid because we always end up with minor leaguer Herndon pitching 3 or 4 fn inning. and moronic to put Oswalt out there and not kendrick.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Welp.....wasn't really what I had in mind when I was feeling some vibes. Definitely a weird night though, and fucking super pissed that I just spent over 5 hours on that atrocity of a game. It's fucking pathetic that you can't produce against the Houston fucking Astros. And way to be, Ry, all around - that's EIGHT strikeouts over these two games. Oh and 0-7 for tonight. Yeah, awesome, home runs are worth 125 mil I guess. All I know is Pujols better rape St. Louis for every cent he gets. He better be making 30 mil a season as soon as that extension kicks in.

And I don't know who you are playing second base, but I want Chase Utley back. Not the one that doesn't know how to have a professional approach at the plate. Leave that shit to Rollins and Victorino.

yup ryan sucks because of 2 horrible games. everyone in baseball goes through bad stretches. relax. it's all coming down the 6 games against the Braves and the last 2 weeks of the season anyway.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Howard and Utley have both sucked since there return. This team will figure it out and those 2 will as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    howard getting kicked out of this game gives the phils a shot. best thing he could have done. I don't know what he was so mad about...he clearly swung at that 2nd strike.

wheels is taking dumb to a whole new level tonight. says the astros might walk howard with first base open, even though howard had a 1-2 count...and howard couldn't hit a watermelon right now. ridiculous

get your blinders off. no way the 3rd strike was a swing. that ump should be punched in the face.

i missed that post. but when watching the game i thought i would see something stupid like that on here. funny that ibanez muffed that catch at first on the double play a couple innings later ...and then utley gets intentionally walked because oswalt was on deck in the bottom of the 16th. thank god howard got ejected. :roll: :lol:

he clearly hates more than just the contract.
    www.myspace.com
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and do you ever criticize Utley - he has absolutely sucked since coming back. and could argue other than the World Series last year has been a good, not great offensive player for the past 2 years. time to put him 2nd and polanco 3rd.

and whoever thinks Polanco is a good defensive 3rd baseman needs to watch the games. easy play last night in the 16th - got to make that play. one step to his left and he couldn't get it. makes all the plays he catches but just doesn't get to enough ball. got to make that play in my opinion.

charlie a moron too - number 1 stop using your top relievers for only 1 inning in extra inning games - stupid because we always end up with minor leaguer Herndon pitching 3 or 4 fn inning. and moronic to put Oswalt out there and not kendrick.

Uh, Kendrick was in the bullpen in case the game went longer. He walked out there in between the 13th or 14 inning. Can't remember exactly.

So Charlie's choices really come down to Oswalt or Blanton in the field.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Uh, Kendrick was in the bullpen in case the game went longer. He walked out there in between the 13th or 14 inning. Can't remember exactly.

So Charlie's choices really come down to Oswalt or Blanton in the field.

uhhh he could have come out of the bullpen to play left field. he wasn't coming in to pitch unless it went to about the 18th. no reason to put a stud pitcher in the outfield.
    pjhawks wrote:

uhhh he could have come out of the bullpen to play left field. he wasn't coming in to pitch unless it went to about the 18th. no reason to put a stud pitcher in the outfield.

It was a 16th inning game. It doesn't fucking matter. This is what your complaint about last night is? How bout that they scored 2 runs in 16 innings against the Houston Astros. That could be it.
    pjhawks wrote:

It was a 16th inning game. It doesn't fucking matter. This is what your complaint about last night is? How bout that they scored 2 runs in 16 innings against the Houston Astros. That could be it.

not at all, have lots of complaints from last night - see my post on the previous page. team struggling offensively right now for sure. it happens.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

not at all, have lots of complaints from last night - see my post on the previous page. team struggling offensively right now for sure. it happens.

My point is I'm not going to ridicule the manager for putting a pitcher in left field of a 16 inning game - no matter what pitcher he is. If Ryan Howard doesn't get all hot and bothered then we don't have that problem. The ump had no business eye fucking him, but Howard's gotta retrain himself - both mentally and at the
    plate. If he did so, he wouldn't be behind 0-2 to begin with.

Oswalt's the most athletic of the pitchers left on the bench, plus the best bat as well. I'm not getting on Charlie about that.

And you're gonna get on a Plolanco for an ABSOLUTE ROCKET shot at him? Seriously? Plus, should I remind you that's the same elbow that he's having problems with. Again, not something I'm gonna get on Polly for. He's playing a fine third base.

The finger needs to be pointed at the way a 10 year veteran like Rollins approaches the plate, as well as that dunce Victorino, Werth being the worst .300 hitter I've ever seen(lots of hits with 2 outs and no one on base, look at his numbers with those in scoring position. I'm convinced he's padding that average for salary purposes. Surprisingly the lack of run production and power will not bring him the money he wants, and actually might make him affordable here.), Howard doing what he does best - homers and strikeouts - and Utley acting like Rollins & Victorino at the plate. Those are the problems right now. Everyone wants to be the hero with a bomb out of the park. No one wants to be the guy going the other way with the ball and getting on base. If you do that all day, you'll definitely score runs. Werth doesn't want to steal bases anymore, and Shane forgot what made him good - and that's base hit bunts. He doesn't even think about doing that anymore.
    23-9 over the last month. 6 series wins in a row. i think these things will work themselves out....better happen a lot sooner than later though.

i agree with jearlpam about manual too. it was a 16 inning game. wacky moves are bound to happen. despite calls for his firing in this thread recently, he's done a phenomenal job keeping this team together with all the injuries this year.
    www.myspace.com
    despite calls for his firing in this thread recently, he's done a phenomenal job keeping this team together with all the injuries this year.

If it wasn't for Bud Black, dude should be manager of the year if they make the playoffs.
    despite calls for his firing in this thread recently, he's done a phenomenal job keeping this team together with all the injuries this year.

If it wasn't for Bud Black, dude should be manager of the year if they make the playoffs.

dusty baker is gonna be right up there too though.
    www.myspace.com

dusty baker is gonna be right up there too though.

Agreed. Was trying to rack through all the NL guys. I'd still go Manuel if it's not Black. More guys on the DL than any team in the majors and they're still right in the thick of this thing.

i hate Charlie but never said or think he should be fired. I actually agree with the sentiment above about being manager of the year if they make the playoffs BUT he still does some baffling things. Putting a stud pitcher in the outfield in the heat of a pennant race (not to mention a pitcher with a balky back) is a bad idea in my opinion. If we agree to disagree it's cool just offering my two cents.

and no one should blame Howard for losing his cool. the umps reaction mocking howard after the 2nd strike caused the problem - i would have reacted the same way if not worse if that happened to me. in fact id probably hit the guy with a throw tonight (and ryan can always say it was an accident since he can't really throw anyway).

i also agree with the sentiment above about the approach at bat of many of the players on this team. It is lousy much of the time. This team, yes including Howard, absolutely will drive you bonkers day in and day out at times. Scary how we are in midst of the greatest run in franchise history and yet on a daily basis want to wring the necks of differnet players.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Scary how we are in midst of the greatest run in franchise history and yet on a daily basis want to wring the necks of differnet players.

I'm just pissed because apparently we're supposed to be looking at the greatest Phils team ever assembled. And they might not even make the playoffs. That stresses me out. Especially the fact that if this comes down to the 6 games against Atlanta then I'll be pulling my hair out. I would rather just have a 2 game lead in the division going into those games.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

utley had 8 ABs last night...was on base 4 times. I agree that he's a tad rusty, but he's still by far their best player.

as for howard...is it too late to void that contract?
    The Fixer wrote:
    utley had 8 ABs last night...was on base 4 times. I agree that he's a tad rusty, but he's still by far their best player.

Didn't like his approach at the plate for the most part. Swinging through balls is not him. He'll come around, yes, but there was a time when he would go the other way with the ball. And, hey, you don't have to tell me how he's the best player out there.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

are you serious?

1 - it doesn't matter if howard swung at those pitches or not (I think he did)...he was gonna strike out anyway. 0-7, with 5 K's. pathetic

2 - polanco was guarding the line, as he's supposed to in that scenario. no way he's making that play

3 - yeah, utley is average. just like you said halladay hadn't been that good earlier in the year

come on dude, get a clue. though I do agree that manuel is still a moron. I said same thing about oswalt/kendrick
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i missed that post. but when watching the game i thought i would see something stupid like that on here. funny that ibanez muffed that catch at first on the double play a couple innings later ...and then utley gets intentionally walked because oswalt was on deck in the bottom of the 16th. thank god howard got ejected. :roll: :lol:

I thought howard was still at first when that throw was dropped. same difference
    23-9 over the last month. 6 series wins in a row. i think these things will work themselves out....better happen a lot sooner than later though.

the problem with this is that the rest of the NL is considerably better than it has been the last 3 years. I don't understand why all phillies fans are just assuming this team is gonna flip a switch and start winning MORE than they have been for the last few series, then get in the playoffs.

they have blown numerous opportunities to cut into the braves lead. the braves aren't going away

that howard performance last night still has me laughing. I haven't seen a 'star' philly athlete perform that terribly in a long time.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I thought howard was still at first when that throw was dropped. same difference

dummy.

same diff with him or oswalt batting behind utley in the 16th too right?

beat it dude
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the problem with this is that the rest of the NL is considerably better than it has been the last 3 years. I don't understand why all phillies fans are just assuming this team is gonna flip a switch and start winning MORE than they have been for the last few series, then get in the playoffs.

they have blown numerous opportunities to cut into the braves lead. the braves aren't going away

that howard performance last night still has me laughing. I haven't seen a 'star' philly athlete perform that terribly in a long time.

the brewers, nationals, marlins and mets are who we play in september other than the two braves series. we got this.

i think we should all pitch in get fixer an authentic howard jersey.
    www.myspace.com

nope, just same result. at least oswalt fouled a couple of pitches off. howard might as well gone up there with a fungo bat last night
    The Fixer wrote:

nope, just same result. at least oswalt fouled a couple of pitches off. howard might as well gone up there with a fungo bat last night

26 would not have been intentionally walked.

think it through...come on.....you'll get it.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the brewers, nationals, marlins and mets are who we play in september other than the two braves series. we got this.

I think he already has a Howard jersey.

This just in, Jeags - we have had problems with Washington and Florida this year.
    The Fixer wrote:

problem is, look who the other teams they're chasing play. the phils have the toughest schedule of the teams they're chasing (STL, CIN, ATL).

I honestly don't think they're getting in. what pisses me off is that this team seems to play with a sense of entitlement. in 2007 they were completely different..much hungrier. funny thing is that the 2007 team had half the talent, but was MUCH MUCH more fun to watch

AIDS
    The Fixer wrote:

26 would not have been intentionally walked.

think it through...come on.....you'll get it.

he probably would have. I would have intentionally walked pedro feliz to get to howard last night
    The Fixer wrote:
    problem is, look who the other teams they're chasing play. the phils have the toughest schedule of the teams they're chasing (STL, CIN, ATL).

I honestly don't think they're getting in. what pisses me off is that this team seems to play with a sense of entitlement. in 2007 they were completely different..much hungrier. funny thing is that the 2007 team had half the talent, but was MUCH MUCH more fun to watch

AIDS

Easy answer - none of them got paid yet.
This discussion has been closed.