***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I think he already has a Howard jersey.

this is funny. and definitely false
    The Fixer wrote:
    problem is, look who the other teams they're chasing play. the phils have the toughest schedule of the teams they're chasing (STL, CIN, ATL).

I honestly don't think they're getting in. what pisses me off is that this team seems to play with a sense of entitlement. in 2007 they were completely different..much hungrier. funny thing is that the 2007 team had half the talent, but was MUCH MUCH more fun to watch

AIDS

Easy answer - none of them got paid yet.

I just don't think it's their year. You can kind of get the feel for a baseball team after watching them for 5 months and I just don't think this team has 'it' this year. too inconsistent, too many injuries, no one having a career year (maybe chooch), dumb manager, bandwagon fans, etc.

the season isn't over, but I'm not optimistic. the braves seem to be the ones having 'their year'

worst part of this is that as much as werth pisses me off with his stupid mistakes, this team won't be as good in 2011 without him and without the payroll flexibility to improve in the offseason.

they are blowing their best chance to win their 2nd WS
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    problem is, look who the other teams they're chasing play. the phils have the toughest schedule of the teams they're chasing (STL, CIN, ATL).

I honestly don't think they're getting in. what pisses me off is that this team seems to play with a sense of entitlement. in 2007 they were completely different..much hungrier. funny thing is that the 2007 team had half the talent, but was MUCH MUCH more fun to watch

AIDS

I just don't think it's their year. You can kind of get the feel for a baseball team after watching them for 5 months and I just don't think this team has 'it' this year. too inconsistent, too many injuries, no one having a career year (maybe chooch), dumb manager, bandwagon fans, etc.

the season isn't over, but I'm not optimistic. the braves seem to be the ones having 'their year'

worst part of this is that as much as werth pisses me off with his stupid mistakes, this team won't be as good in 2011 without him and without the payroll flexibility to improve in the offseason.

Eh. I don't believe in this "their year" thing as being the X factor. This lineup hasn't even played 10 games together. As long as this division lead doesn't get out of hand, then it's going to be a chaotic September. I'll just be pissed if I'm not drinking beers outside The Bank in October.

ATL's winning at a .700 clip. They can't sustain that for much longer. I get their pitching, I really do. A lot will matter on what happens on this west coast trip coming up.

Good news for you - your boy isn't in the lineup tonight.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    the problem with this is that the rest of the NL is considerably better than it has been the last 3 years. I don't understand why all phillies fans are just assuming this team is gonna flip a switch and start winning MORE than they have been for the last few series, then get in the playoffs.

they have blown numerous opportunities to cut into the braves lead. the braves aren't going away

that howard performance last night still has me laughing. I haven't seen a 'star' philly athlete perform that terribly in a long time.

the brewers, nationals, marlins and mets are who we play in september other than the two braves series. we got this.

i think we should all pitch in get fixer an authentic howard jersey.

AIDS

cards lost to pittsburgh last night and lost series' to the cubs and brewers in the last two weeks.
    and atlanta has essentially the same schedule as we do.

people need to relax. september's gonna be a fun ride.
    www.myspace.com
    And give credit where credit is due, Fixer. That crowd was pretty much 2/3 still there 5 hours after that game started. It is why we're the sweetest fucking peeps in sports.

Not to mention the cheer for Oswalt's put-out, and the "Let's go Oswalt" chant. And if you're not a fan of this stuff, then get out of my city.
    The Fixer wrote:

Eh. I don't believe in this "their year" thing as being the X factor. This lineup hasn't even played 10 games together. As long as this division lead doesn't get out of hand, then it's going to be a chaotic September. I'll just be pissed if I'm not drinking beers outside The Bank in October.

ATL's winning at a .700 clip. They can't sustain that for much longer. I get their pitching, I really do. A lot will matter on what happens on this west coast trip coming up.

Think about the shit atlanta's had going on this year...cox's last year, heyward's callup and injection of life into their aging clubhouse, hudson's bounce back year, wagner's swan song, prado's emergence, D-Lee coming over in what is probably his last shot to go to the playoffs as a starter, etc.

then compare that to what the phils have endured...injuries, underachieving stars, and a general player disinterest - save for a few guys.

hopefully howard reinjured his ankle trying to blame the umps for his suckitude. I want gload back.

I want my R.G.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Think about the shit atlanta's had going on this year...cox's last year, heyward's callup and injection of life into their aging clubhouse, hudson's bounce back year, wagner's swan song, prado's emergence, D-Lee coming over in what is probably his last shot to go to the playoffs as a starter, etc.

then compare that to what the phils have endured...injuries, underachieving stars, and a general player disinterest - save for a few guys.

hopefully howard reinjured his ankle trying to blame the umps for his suckitude. I want gload back.

I want my R.G.

you're the reason why people dislike philly fans.
    www.myspace.com

funny, you were ready to jump of the walt whitman back in may and now you're telling everyone that things will be fine

Nnnnnaaaah. I would put that on tasers, pukers, and fighters.

say what you want...I'm right about baseball related stuff a lot more than I'm wrong.

ryan howard just isn't that good of a player. you can hate me for thinking that if you want, that's your prerogative. Just watch the games, it's obvious
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

its more the arrorgance of winning 1 championship :lol:;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

What arrogance? You're from New York, the epitome of douche.

Now go put a dime on Doc tonight. Lock it up.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    The Fixer wrote:
    are you serious?

1 - it doesn't matter if howard swung at those pitches or not (I think he did)...he was gonna strike out anyway. 0-7, with 5 K's. pathetic

2 - polanco was guarding the line, as he's supposed to in that scenario. no way he's making that play

3 - yeah, utley is average. just like you said halladay hadn't been that good earlier in the year

come on dude, get a clue. though I do agree that manuel is still a moron. I said same thing about oswalt/kendrick

Fixer you love to mis-represent quotes. Where did I say Utley was average? I said he hasn't been great and I don't think he has. Big difference between not great and average. Average to me is Raul Ibanez this year.
    Polanco was right there and got his glove on the ball - a very good defensive 3rd baseman makes that play. he is an average at best 3rd basemen defensively. and yes of course 0-7 with 5 ks is pathetic - no disputing that.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    are you serious?

1 - it doesn't matter if howard swung at those pitches or not (I think he did)...he was gonna strike out anyway. 0-7, with 5 K's. pathetic

2 - polanco was guarding the line, as he's supposed to in that scenario. no way he's making that play

3 - yeah, utley is average. just like you said halladay hadn't been that good earlier in the year

come on dude, get a clue. though I do agree that manuel is still a moron. I said same thing about oswalt/kendrick

Fixer you love to mis-represent quotes. Where did I say Utley was average? I said he hasn't been great and I don't think he has. Big difference between not great and average. Average to me is Raul Ibanez this year.
    Polanco was right there and got his glove on the ball - a very good defensive 3rd baseman makes that play. he is an average at best 3rd basemen defensively. and yes of course 0-7 with 5 ks is pathetic - no disputing that.

Nah man. That ball was a ROCKET. Dude dove to his left. That's a tough play for any third baseman. Not worth getting on him about. That is what is called nitpicking, which a lot of peeps in here do.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    are you serious?

I'll be the first to admit that utley isn't have a great year. he's still far and away their best player though

I couldn't disagree more with polanco. his job there is to protect the line. he's giving that hole away in that situation. I don't think he got his glove on that ball either, but that's splitting hairs. bottom line is that ball was a clean single. you're acting like the ball went thru his legs
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    are you serious?

I'll be the first to admit that utley isn't have a great year. he's still far and away their best player though

I couldn't disagree more with polanco. his job there is to protect the line. he's giving that hole away in that situation. I don't think he got his glove on that ball either, but that's splitting hairs. bottom line is that ball was a clean single. you're acting like the ball went thru his legs

didn't get his glove on the ball? - he knocked it down and threw it to 2nd did he not?

whatever - lets win tonight and stop the losing streak because god knows we don't want kendrick tomorrow trying to stop a 3-game losing streak
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    And give credit where credit is due, Fixer. That crowd was pretty much 2/3 still there 5 hours after that game started. It is why we're the sweetest fucking peeps in sports.

Not to mention the cheer for Oswalt's put-out, and the "Let's go Oswalt" chant. And if you're not a fan of this stuff, then get out of my city.

Maybe the seats on tv were full, but the upper level decks were a ghost town at the game. More and more people kept filing out after each inning. I'd say the park was about 40% full at the end and that may be generous.

I know my section 146 was barely half full at the end. My row emptied out after Houston scored two in the top of the 16th.

* The people who hung around till the end were great though. Getting on the ump after the 14th and supporting Oswalt in left.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited August 2010

What arrogance? You're from New York, the epitome of douche.

Now go put a dime on Doc tonight. Lock it up.

;) my thoughts exactly

although he is gonna be -350
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Solat13 wrote:

Maybe the seats on tv were full, but the upper level decks were a ghost town at the game. More and more people kept filing out after each inning. I'd say the park was about 40% full at the end and that may be generous.

I know my section 146 was barely half full at the end.

That's still a lot of people with lower bowl filled for a game that goes 16 innings.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Solat13 wrote:

That's still a lot of people with lower bowl filled for a game that goes 16 innings.

I agree but the last 16 inning game I went to a CBP (yes that was my second the first was in 2004) no one left - of course that was fireworks night in 2004 and it was awesome seeing fireworks go off at 1:45 in the morning.

But yeah, the stadium had a nice feel at the end with the diehards still there and the most of the bandwagon people gone. Reminded me of the stadium pre playoff runs.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    I love fireworks nights. no traffic going home
    The Fixer wrote:

funny, you were ready to jump of the walt whitman back in may and now you're telling everyone that things will be fine

really? go back and look through this thread. there was pleny for cause for "concern" like i mentioned numerous times early on. but i've had the world series penciled into my calender for months dude.

we're making history whether you believe it or not. :mrgreen:

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

really? go back and look through this thread. there was pleny for cause for "concern" like i mentioned numerous times early on. but i've had the world series penciled into my calender for months dude.

we're making history whether you believe it or not. :mrgreen:

GO. PHILS.

me and you are making history? how is that?
    Solat13 wrote:
    I agree but the last 16 inning game I went to a CBP (yes that was my second the first was in 2004) no one left - of course that was fireworks night in 2004 and it was awesome seeing fireworks go off at 1:45 in the morning.

But yeah, the stadium had a nice feel at the end with the diehards still there and the most of the bandwagon people gone. Reminded me of the stadium pre playoff runs.

How I long for those days....
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    are you serious?

did you see the play?
    www.myspace.com
    By the way, there's tix no where close to sold out for the MMJ show on Sunday night. My advice is all you jerks should go.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    By the way, there's tix no where close to sold out for the MMJ show on Sunday night. My advice is all you jerks should go.

I'll be washing my hair....
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I honestly don't think I know one MMJ song. Where is the show? I love concerts

braves up 10-1 in the 3rd. so the phils better get their shit together and win tonight

I'll be washing my hair....

Hey, if you don't like good music then I don't know what to tell you.
    Solat13 wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

of course the firework crowd would stick around.

that crowd was awesome last night. loved the "let's go oswalt" chants in the end too.

were you close enough to give the 3rd base ump the business?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.