***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Big win,doc should win the cy young award this season. Fixer have no worries playoffs are happening.
    It looks like he's going to have the best season of his career. Although, this probably wouldn't be the case if he didn't break his leg in 2005.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    Missed the game (was help filming an internet series for some friends). Yeah Halladay probably should win teh CY Young. Finally going to my first Phillies game this year on Thursday
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Looking forward to seeing strasburg tonight.

Halladay is a beast, but I could care less about individual awards.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Howard in the lineup batting 4th tonight. About time we have are squad all together finially. Sadly for the fixer his homey got dl'd for the monster to return.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Howard in the lineup batting 4th tonight. About time we have are squad all together finially. Sadly for the fixer his homey got dl'd for the monster to return.

he'll go 0-4 with 3 K's tonight. hopefully no errors
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bad start
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    utley is so fucking good
    2 runs total in the last 2 games. that's not gonna get it done. need to win tomorrow
    Out of the 5 remaining NL wild card contenders (Phils, Braves, Reds, Cards, Giants), the Phillies are the only team with an opponenet's win % over .500. The Cards is .460...Reds is around .475. Both those teams are getting in. The phils are gonna have to catch the braves if they want to make playoffs
    The Fixer wrote:
    Out of the 5 remaining NL wild card contenders (Phils, Braves, Reds, Cards, Giants), the Phillies are the only team with an opponenet's win % over .500. The Cards is .460...Reds is around .475. Both those teams are getting in. The phils are gonna have to catch the braves if they want to make playoffs
    I dont get why u are saying that the wildcard isn't gonna happen. Hell were leading it at the moment,sf and cin are frauds imo. Stl dosen't scare me as much cause they have 2 hitters,yeah they have good pitching but u need to score to win. Atl is the only team that scares me out of all of them. I still think we catch Atl but if we don't the wildcard is coming out of the east for sure.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    I dont get why u are saying that the wildcard isn't gonna happen. Hell were leading it at the moment,sf and cin are frauds imo. Stl dosen't scare me as much cause they have 2 hitters,yeah they have good pitching but u need to score to win. Atl is the only team that scares me out of all of them. I still think we catch Atl but if we don't the wildcard is coming out of the east for sure.

look at the NL Central. the division is a joke. cincy and stl both play those central teams the majority of their games. the phils schedule is much much tougher.

I'd bet money that the WC comes from the central

rich hoffman had a good article in the DN the other day about the phils playoff chances. I'll try to find it
    Here it is. .643 baseball isn't going to be easy. I don't think they are getting to the playoffs this year, which will really suck ass.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columni ... retch.html
    ha, forgot scott olsen is pitching today. this guy is an idiot. he needs to go back to his trailer park
    The Fixer wrote:
    Here it is. .643 baseball isn't going to be easy. I don't think they are getting to the playoffs this year, which will really suck ass.

With everyone back healthy this team can do anything they want. I dont care what articles or experts say,we have the best pitching staff in these last 3yrs this year by far. Are lineup is probably the best or 2nd best in baseball when healthy,which we finially are. Thers's no way inless more injuries occur that we miss the playoffs.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

With everyone back healthy this team can do anything they want. I dont care what articles or experts say,we have the best pitching staff in these last 3yrs this year by far. Are lineup is probably the best or 2nd best in baseball when healthy,which we finially are. Thers's no way inless more injuries occur that we miss the playoffs.

I hope you're right man. The rotation is much better than years past, but the bullpen still stinks.

40 games left...hopefully they can go on a run and get in. They will be tough to beat if they are able to earn a playoff spot
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,313
    The Fixer wrote:

Ha - he was the only guy on the team who did anything last night.

I heard Supersonic between innings - I guess I should start a thread about it?

Alright - up 1-0 on Olsen - let's get some more!

Dude, I don't care about the Cardinals schedule - they are not going to the playoffs. Any team that trades for Pete Happy is desperate. Just beat the Giants or the Braves and we're in.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Ha - he was the only guy on the team who did anything last night.

I heard Supersonic between innings - I guess I should start a thread about it?

Alright - up 1-0 on Olsen - let's get some more!

Dude, I don't care about the Cardinals schedule - they are not going to the playoffs. Any team that trades for Pete Happy is desperate. Just beat the Giants or the Braves and we're in.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying the cards are better than the phils (they're not). I'm just saying the cards have a much easier road to the playoffs.

scott olsen needs his ass kicked
    braves on comcast HD channel 814. they're already up 1-0.

the cubs are terrible. just like all of the central teams. which is why the cards will get in

EDIT: I love the cubs announcers. a pleasure to listen to
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I say it every time I watch any part of a Phillies game, switched over today when the Yanks got delayed, but Tom McCarthy is fucking horrible.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I say it every time I watch any part of a Phillies game, switched over today when the Yanks got delayed, but Tom McCarthy is fucking horrible.

dude, he is the worst. have you heard scott franzke on the radio? he's great. they need to put franzke on TV and give the radio gig to jim jackson.

and get rid of chris wheeler. that dude loves to hear himself talk...he repeats the same shit over and over and over
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

dude, he is the worst. have you heard scott franzke on the radio? he's great. they need to put franzke on TV and give the radio gig to jim jackson.

and get rid of chris wheeler. that dude loves to hear himself talk...he repeats the same shit over and over and over

Is Franzke play by play? I listened to part of last nights game on the radio and thought they were pretty good.

Wheeler and McCarthy stink. Just brutal.
    edited August 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is Franzke play by play? I listened to part of last nights game on the radio and thought they were pretty good.

Wheeler and McCarthy stink. Just brutal.

yeah, franzke is play by play. larry anderson (the guy that was traded from boston for jeff bagwell) is the color guy. I got plastered with larry anderson at a bar on south street a few years ago. dude is awesome.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, franzke is play by play. larry anderson (the guy that was traded from boston for jeff bagwell is the color guy). I got plastered with larry anderson at a bar on south street a few years ago. dude is awesome.

Ahh, yeah, I knew Anderson was the color guy I think but didn't realize it last night. Seems like a pretty good team. I dont think I realized that he was the guy that was traded for Bagwell, that is funny.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, franzke is play by play. larry anderson (the guy that was traded from boston for jeff bagwell is the color guy). I got plastered with larry anderson at a bar on south street a few years ago. dude is awesome.

Ahh, yeah, I knew Anderson was the color guy I think but didn't realize it last night. Seems like a pretty good team. I dont think I realized that he was the guy that was traded for Bagwell, that is funny.

he was telling me about how the entire '93 team absolutely hated curt schilling. which I loved hearing since I think schilling is a gigantic douche

if you ever see larry anderson out at a bar, don't try to go drink for drink with him. fun as hell, but definitely bad news
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he was telling me about how the entire '93 team absolutely hated curt schilling. which I loved hearing since I think schilling is a gigantic douche

if you ever see larry anderson out at a bar, don't try to go drink for drink with him. fun as hell, but definitely bad news

Haha, that is fucking fantastic. Yeah, I assume you could imagine I am not a very big Schilling fan so I think that is great.

There are not many old school baseball players I would try to go drink for drink with and from what I hear Wade Boggs is the number 1 to avoid. I can throw some back but those fuckers can straight up drink.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha, that is fucking fantastic. Yeah, I assume you could imagine I am not a very big Schilling fan so I think that is great.

There are not many old school baseball players I would try to go drink for drink with and from what I hear Wade Boggs is the number 1 to avoid. I can throw some back but those fuckers can straight up drink.

that is funny as hell. I saw wade boggs out at a bar in baltimore when I was in college (the Bay Cafe). He was cross eyed drunk and he had an entourage of cougars with him. It was right after his 3000th hit and he was playing for TB. I shook his hand and congratulated him, but didn't intrude. He had work to do.

I'm not an autograph guy. I think it's funny seeing grown men drool over pro athletes and ask for their autograph. I'd much rather ask them if I can buy them a drink and have a beer with them.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that is funny as hell. I saw wade boggs out at a bar in baltimore when I was in college (the Bay Cafe). He was cross eyed drunk and he had an entourage of cougars with him. It was right after his 3000th hit and he was playing for TB. I shook his hand and congratulated him, but didn't intrude. He had work to do.

I'm not an autograph guy. I think it's funny seeing grown men drool over pro athletes and ask for their autograph. I'd much rather ask them if I can buy them a drink and have a beer with them.

Thats great and absolutely hilarious. You ever hear the story that he drank 64 Miller Lites on a cross country flight? Great story.

I am not real big into autographs, I have not had a player sign something since I was probably 12. That said, I have a bunch of cool Yankees and Giants shit that has been given to me over the years that will make for a pretty nice bar once I finally buy a house.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thats great and absolutely hilarious. You ever hear the story that he drank 64 Miller Lites on a cross country flight? Great story.

I am not real big into autographs, I have not had a player sign something since I was probably 12. That said, I have a bunch of cool Yankees and Giants shit that has been given to me over the years that will make for a pretty nice bar once I finally buy a house.

that story sounds vaguely familiar. that is fucking impressive if it's really true. 64 beers in 6 hours and I'd be dead.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,313
    The Fixer wrote:
    braves on comcast HD channel 814. they're already up 1-0.

the cubs are terrible. just like all of the central teams. which is why the cards will get in

EDIT: I love the cubs announcers. a pleasure to listen to

Wow, the Cubs are absolutely horrible. How did we lose 3 of 4 to those scrubs?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    man, the cubs fucking stink. It's like they have 8 ryan howards in the field. I wish the phils were in that abortion of a division
This discussion has been closed.