Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Last night's game was a perfect representation of the Phillies and the Mets.

Yeah well, fuck you..you know as well as we all do that the Mets almost took all three..it was a highly contested series, especially when you factor in the loss of Delgado and Reyes..kinda like facing you motherfuckers without Utley and Fatso..lol..we would have sweeped easily..anyway, fuck you..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    The Champ wrote:

Yeah well, fuck you..you know as well as we all do that the Mets almost took all three..it was a highly contested series, especially when you factor in the loss of Delgado and Reyes..kinda like facing you motherfuckers without Utley and Fatso..lol..we would have sweeped easily..anyway, fuck you..

This makes me smile.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Champ wrote:

big-smiley-005.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,310
    The Champ wrote:

and the Mets almost won the division the past two years - what the hell is your point? Pro sports is about winning and losing and nothing else. Two straight division titles, world champs and a 4 game lead now so go find a yankees thread to be an ass in.
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    "let's go phils... let's fucking win it again" - Vedder last night at the Tower... after the crowd went nuts when someone annonced the score, and that rauuullllllllllllll hit a 3 run jack in the 10th!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    "let's go phils... let's fucking win it again" - Vedder last night at the Tower... after the crowd went nuts when someone annonced the score, and that rauuullllllllllllll hit a 3 run jack in the 10th!

uh oh, hopefully Ed didn't jinx us like the Cubs last year - no songs about us Ed!
  • Options
    Oh man, apparently I got a little too drunk last night. Sorry about being such an ass. I'm just so sick of this, and now Maine is on the DL as well..I am way too emotionally invested in this fucking team and it ain't healthy. I'm sure you guys can relate..anyway, fuck the phills ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Red Sawx fan talkin smack on another message board..

"Once again this weekend Red Sox fans will show that no other sports team travels like we do.
    I was at your new ballpark 2 years ago and there were more sox fans for the Saturday game than Phillies fans.
    This series is a little early so maybe not quite 50/50. Tonights game will be 70/30 (Phillies fans) and Saturday's game will be 60/40 (Phillies fans).
    Any Phillies fans that attended the 2 times the sox have played at the new ballpark will not argue this FACT.
    In closing, I'm reading som "yahoo" comments here by philly fans. Even though you won it all (congrats) the truth is the AL is superior to the NL and you will experiance this first hand this weekend. Watch how the Red Sox lineup works your starting pitching; you haven't seen anything like it.
    The sox will win the Lester and Beckett starts. DiceK is a crapshoot. "

• Options

"Once again this weekend Red Sox fans will show that no other sports team travels like we do.
    I was at your new ballpark 2 years ago and there were more sox fans for the Saturday game than Phillies fans.
    This series is a little early so maybe not quite 50/50. Tonights game will be 70/30 (Phillies fans) and Saturday's game will be 60/40 (Phillies fans).
    Any Phillies fans that attended the 2 times the sox have played at the new ballpark will not argue this FACT.
    In closing, I'm reading som "yahoo" comments here by philly fans. Even though you won it all (congrats) the truth is the AL is superior to the NL and you will experiance this first hand this weekend. Watch how the Red Sox lineup works your starting pitching; you haven't seen anything like it.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

I'll be there Sunday telling these Boston fags what's what.
  • Options

We're going down tonight !!

"NOBODY COMES INTO OUR HOUSE AND PUSHES US AROUND!!"

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996

I guess you guys will be booing me this weekend. But come Wednesday when I go to the Blue Jays game, I'll be back rooting for the Phils.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:

I guess you guys will be booing me this weekend. But come Wednesday when I go to the Blue Jays game, I'll be back rooting for the Phils.

Yeah, I know your deal, sir. Enough of this nonsense - you're on the other side and that's that!

DOWN with Sawx nation! Ooooffff with their heads!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    The Champ wrote:

"It was a highly contested series"

I couldn't agree more. And I bet halfway through game two you thought to yourself "Hey, the Mets are gonna sweep them and be tied for first!!" But in true Mets fashion, they blew the lead in games 2 and 3. And in true Phillies fashion, they pulled both games out in extra innings.

I love how you say things like "The Mets ALMOST took all three" and that if you had Reyes and Delgado you "WOULD have sweeped EASILY." There's nothing more annoying than a sports fan who makes excuses for their team.

And what's with the "fuck you" stuff? I get it...my team is the World Champions and your team is, as Cole Hammels has put it, "choke artists." That must be tough living....but don't take it out on me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

I couldn't agree more. And I bet halfway through game two you thought to yourself "Hey, the Mets are gonna sweep them and be tied for first!!" But in true Mets fashion, they blew the lead in games 2 and 3. And in true Phillies fashion, they pulled both games out in extra innings.

I love how you say things like "The Mets ALMOST took all three" and that if you had Reyes and Delgado you "WOULD have sweeped EASILY." There's nothing more annoying than a sports fan who makes excuses for their team.

And what's with the "fuck you" stuff? I get it...my team is the World Champions and your team is, as Cole Hammels has put it, "choke artists." That must be tough living....but don't take it out on me.

It is tough, and it's to the point where it's no longer fun. I have to try to detach somehow from this fucking pathetic team or I'll go crazy. I do apologize for the 'fuck you' comments. Was drunk and rage typing last night..still, let's not forget the Mets beat your team last year head to head and will again this year...and obviously the Mets have no problem beating around Cole either..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

It is tough, and it's to the point where it's no longer fun. I have to try to detach somehow from this fucking pathetic team or I'll go crazy. I do apologize for the 'fuck you' comments. Was drunk and rage typing last night..still, let's not forget the Mets beat your team last year head to head and will again this year...and obviously the Mets have no problem beating around Cole either..

True. Just can't quite get to October. :D
  • Options
    Kendrick sucks

It should have never come down to him deciding the game

Werth needs a nice seat on the bench next to Chollie and J-Roll I think needs some time as well

I think as a team last night 18 or 19 K's ?!?!?

What's the criteria for reviewing a HR ? We were at the game and obviously can't hear the announcers

That was so close to being fair

• Options
    Kendrick sucks

Werth needs a nice seat on the bench next to Chollie and J-Roll I think needs some time as well

What's the criteria for reviewing a HR ? We were at the game and obviously can't hear the announcers

i was there too but apparently the umpire was confident it was foul so no replay was needed.

i would have been pissed if the game ended on fucking replay.

that stadium is beautiful. definetly gonna be down there if the sox do play there again.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Kendrick sucks

i was there too but apparently the umpire was confident it was foul so no replay was needed.

that stadium is beautiful. definetly gonna be down there if the sox do play there again.

Yeah...maybe if another ump came over and had said something thinking it was fair they may have looked at it

The stadium is SICK isn't it ?!?! I can't believe we have one that nice after watching games at the Vet for so many years

We were down in Clearwater this year for Spring Training and that stadium is like a mini CBP..if thats possible

You get any shit from the Phillies fans ?

• Options
    Kendrick sucks

Yeah...maybe if another ump came over and had said something thinking it was fair they may have looked at it

The stadium is SICK isn't it ?!?! I can't believe we have one that nice after watching games at the Vet for so many years

We were down in Clearwater this year for Spring Training and that stadium is like a mini CBP..if thats possible

You get any shit from the Phillies fans ?
    in the bottom of the thirteenth we made our way to the third row behind the phillies dugout and some guy kept screaming "check their tickets! check their tickets!" then he called me and my dad chowdah heads, he thought it was an insult hahahahaha :lol:

• Options
    a few people yelled at us when we stood up and cheered after JD Drew went deep. but thats expected.

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    A couple Phils fans bought me beers tonight, so I gotta say I'm thankful of how receptive the Phils have been to Red Sox Nation so far.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    You guys see this thread in the porch? Pretty damn cool...

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101113

IT READS:

I saw him at the phillies game around the concession area. I went up to him and shook his hand. He was friendly. I wonder if he realizes how cool it is for a fan to meet him. It probably makes him uncomfortable but I had to at least say hello. Anyway, when I went to go to my seat, I felt a tap on my soldier and it was him. He handed me a pick and took off. I thought that was big of him. It made all these years of supporting Pearl Jam feel justified. He showed true character by making sure he did something to show his appreciation. Thanks "Uncle" Ed.

Tom Rolland
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    That's cool...at least the Philly fans were not being a-holes

Well...this series definitely cemented the fact they need another starter

I guess they're holding out until the trading deadline gets closer...if they can stay in 1st place until then even better

• Options
    Lizard wrote:

IT READS:

I saw him at the phillies game around the concession area. I went up to him and shook his hand. He was friendly. I wonder if he realizes how cool it is for a fan to meet him. It probably makes him uncomfortable but I had to at least say hello. Anyway, when I went to go to my seat, I felt a tap on my soldier and it was him. He handed me a pick and took off. I thought that was big of him. It made all these years of supporting Pearl Jam feel justified. He showed true character by making sure he did something to show his appreciation. Thanks "Uncle" Ed.

Tom Rolland

That is a cool story!

I heard there was a Jimmy Rollins sighting on Sunday. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

IT READS:

Tom Rolland

That is a cool story!

I heard there was a Jimmy Rollins sighting on Sunday. Can anyone confirm this?

Hmmmmmm...I heard the same thing

it's kinda like thos UFO stories...only grainy footage and no other witnesses

:twisted:

• Options
    I got to meet and talk to The Bull Greg Luzinski tonight !

My Father-In-Law invited me to Chickie's and Pete's in the Northeast, his Real estate office was sponsoring the radio show they do there every Monday

After the show they set up for us to meet him and I was wearing my polo shirt from work and he saw it and said "Wow I get all my prescriptions there!" Hes like "You gotta meet my wife" All of a sudden I turned into the celebrity :lol: He walks me over to the table where his wife and Ruben Amarao Jr.'s family is sitting..Ruben was the guest on the show

Hes like "Look who i found?" to his wife..shes looking at me like Who the F are you ? He says "He works for the automated pharmacy.... they fill over a million prescriptions a week" She says "Yeah, 500,000 of them are yours" :lol: so we kept talking I told him where the facility was and everything..he said how we have the pharmacy contract for MLB..I told him he has to come and tour the facility..I tried to get some contact info but he didn't really have anything...he said he stays in Florida in the winter and they send the prescriptions there sometimes by accident in the summer when he's up her...Funny stuff. I called my Dad right away that's his generation of baseball

What a cool guy...man is he solid...my height but much bigger

• Options
    Well done Madson! What is it with our Phils at the Bank? :x
  • Options
    Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllll!!!

15 Day DL :cry:

Strained Left Groin

Called up Mayberry

• Options

Strained Left Groin

Called up Mayberry

Boo hoo, try playing virtually the entire season with quarter of your original lineup ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Strained Left Groin

Called up Mayberry

Boo hoo, try playing virtually the entire season with quarter of your original lineup ;) ..

what does it matter - your lineup and your team sucks and are choking dogs. Get Reyes back and let him choke again.
This discussion has been closed.