Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    http://www.canada.com/sports/Jays+consider+Halladay+offers/1767459/story.html

So I'm hearing there's rumors of a Drabek, Taylor, and Happ deal for Halladay. I'm doing that in a heartbeat.

as would this guy....only it would PAIN me to give up drabek.....

That Happ kid is lights out right now too.. Thats 2 REAL goo d young arms ... But youre right , Halladay is money in the bank...
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    that pedro martinez is one goofy bastard, isn't he?

for a million bucks, i have no problems with this. hardly any risk here.

GO GET HALLADAY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    It would be fitting for us Met fans if Pedro comes in and pitches lights out, after pitching like shit for our team the last few seasons..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,836
    The Champ wrote:
    It would be fitting for us Met fans if Pedro comes in and pitches lights out, after pitching like shit for our team the last few seasons..

Yes, you are correct.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Well, step 1 towards getting Halladay is complete...

And, hope to see you all at game 3 of the World Series...booooooo to the NL. Ry could've been a hero last night - I really thought he was going to tee off on Nathan once he caught up to his fastball. Same thing with Werth against Papelbon.
    i was already envisioning the non-stop local news coverage of howard coming in to win the game in his hometown. then it would be replayed when they were in the world series and everyone could thank him for home field.

but.......no.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    nfanel wrote:

And, hope to see you all at game 3 of the World Series...booooooo to the NL. Ry could've been a hero last night - I really thought he was going to tee off on Nathan once he caught up to his fastball. Same thing with Werth against Papelbon.
    i was already envisioning the non-stop local news coverage of howard coming in to win the game in his hometown. then it would be replayed when they were in the world series and everyone could thank him for home field.

but.......no.

Come on you actually thought Howard was going to make contact with 2 strikes??? ;) Once he was behind in the count. every Phillies fan knew what was coming up... swing and a miss... :mrgreen:
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    nfanel wrote:

but.......no.

Come on you actually thought Howard was going to make contact with 2 strikes??? ;) Once he was behind in the count. every Phillies fan knew what was coming up... swing and a miss... :mrgreen:

He still took a couple of pitches with 2 strikes on him, which not only surprised me but I thought that would have gave him a chance of catching up to the fastball. Nathan and Mauer(or whoever was behind the plate) did the right thing by throwing one in the dirt because by that time Howard had caught up on the timing. But it's all a matter of reaction by that point, and that's what they were counting on.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    what can i say, i'm an optimistic fool. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Howard fastest player to reach 200hr's
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    1-hitter today! Jamie....finding his spots.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    booomm11 wrote:
    Howard fastest player to reach 200hr's

Crazy !

Debates rage on...diff ballparks/pitching/balls/PED's

Still nice accomplishment
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    that was a good ass kicking of the Marlins - 6.5 up over the Braves now - looking good and if we somehow get Hallday....(then will have to make choice of PJ or world series games).
  • Options
    RAUL!!!! comes though again with a 3 run HR in the first after Howard striked out swinging.....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    chromiam wrote:
    RAUL!!!! comes though again with a 3 run HR in the first after Howard striked out swinging.....

he's the man. if they win the world series this year, people may end up calling the greatest free-agent pick up in history.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

he's the man. if they win the world series this year, people may end up calling the greatest free-agent pick up in history.

yeah he has been a huge upgrade in the outfield, and I was a big Burrell supporter, but the numbers Ibanez has put up this year are in incredible. Hopefully it continues over the next few months and throughout his contract.

Admin

• Options
    Fuck Jack Nicholson wearing a Yankees hat in our Ball Park !!

:twisted:

I was listening to 610 they said Myers is throwing a bullpen session and possibly could be back by mid August he would be used out of the bullpen

• Options
    i was at the game last night. it was awesome until my four year old niece got crushed by the crowd that lunged at her seat when a foul ball came her way...people are animals!

fun game to watch with the three homers. i don't know why jack would show up in a yankees hat but pretty funny when the phanatic came out in his batman costume. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    nfanel wrote:
    i was at the game last night. it was awesome until my four year old niece got crushed by the crowd that lunged at her seat when a foul ball came her way...people are animals!

fun game to watch with the three homers. i don't know why jack would show up in a yankees hat but pretty funny when the phanatic came out in his batman costume. :mrgreen:

Jack is a lifelong Yankees fan. That's why in the Departed he wore a Yankees hat as head of the Boston mob. Scorsese told Jack it made no sense to do that and Jack goes I'm keeping my hat and then Scorsese agreed that it made him more evil by wearing a Yankees hat in Boston.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    nfanel wrote:

Jack is a lifelong Yankees fan. That's why in the Departed he wore a Yankees hat as head of the Boston mob. Scorsese told Jack it made no sense to do that and Jack goes I'm keeping my hat and then Scorsese agreed that it made him more evil by wearing a Yankees hat in Boston.

He could've been a little less dick to the Phanatic though. Maybe stood up.....at least? Bill Murray would have....just sayin...
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    nfanel wrote:

He could've been a little less dick to the Phanatic though. Maybe stood up.....at least? Bill Murray would have....just sayin...

He's Jack, he can do whatever the fuck he wants :D ... "you can't handle the truth"... :mrgreen:

Admin

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Nice fucking streak..the team looks unbeatable..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    ON FUCKING FIRE
  • Options
    Longest streak in 18 years !!!!

Deadline for Halladay set for July 28th

• Options
    Let's get the next streak started !

Kinda funny this is a makeup game and its been pouring rain all day !

:x

• Options
    Trade winds are a blowin !

The Latest :

Happ,Drabek and Brown

for

Halladay

Git ur done !

• Options

The Latest :

Happ,Drabek and Brown

for

Halladay

Git ur done !
    shut down!!!! :lol:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options

The Latest :

Happ,Drabek and Brown

for

Halladay

Git ur done !
    shut down!!!! :lol:

:x :twisted:

They are still "negotiating" was the last I heard !

I still think it gets done...if the Phils keep either Drabek or Happ and can still get Halladay great trade

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Reports are the phillies countered the jays offer with Happ,Taylor,Carrasco and Donald. And the Jays turned it down right away. I wouldn't give up Happ,Drabek and Brown either in a package. I bet the Phillies offer to the Jays would get u Cliff Lee though. Cliff Lee has been on fire back to back complete games i believe.
    GO PHILLIES!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Reports are the phillies countered the jays offer with Happ,Taylor,Carrasco and Donald. And the Jays turned it down right away. I wouldn't give up Happ,Drabek and Brown either in a package. I bet the Phillies offer to the Jays would get u Cliff Lee though. Cliff Lee has been on fire back to back complete games i believe.
    GO PHILLIES!!!!!

i'd give them all 3 - what are the chances that any of those 3 ends up being as good as Halladay? Very little. I mean as good as a prospect as Drabek is he would have to be the best pitcher in baseball to reach Halladay heights. Even if Drabek ends up being as good as Hamels that is still not as good as Halladay. Flat out if the Phils don't end up getting Halladay it will be the worst move in Philly sports history in my opinion. He would instantly be the 2nd greatest starting pitcher in franchise history behind Steve Carlton. Must make this trade regardless of what prospects needed to give up. I suspect they will and all of this is posturing right now on both sides.
This discussion has been closed.