***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    This deal is 100% complete chaos right now by the way. Not one reporter has a fucking clue what is going on, not one.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Are physicals done in trades like this, or just medical history? I don't recall.

probably up the the teams. the phils aren't big on that kind of stuff...see freddy garcia trade

You see that article I posted earlier? Pure speculation 100%, but was interesting that there are reports of a cortizone shot on july 7th, picthed a complete game 1 hitter, then his next 2 starts since have consisted of 65 and 70 pitches.

yeah. me and you are on the same page. oswalt scares the shit out of me. a bad back isn't something that heals overnight.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Any time now Roy your suppose to pitch tomorrow. Make a lot of money on a very good team,and not be the top pitcher,is a no brainer to me. As someone here would say ALL ABOARD

It's all about the money, I am sure he is making sure he is getting paid $16mil in 2012 regardless of who pays it.

If 12 mil is being kicked back, then there's no longer any problems with this.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This deal is 100% complete chaos right now by the way. Not one reporter has a fucking clue what is going on, not one.

...someone's used to deals not going through.... ;)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

oswalt is a prima donna. fucking accept or decline the trade Mary.

As a phils fan I'm 50/50 on this deal. I won't be all that upset if shit falls through. Oswalt comes with a huge contract, physical question marks, and he's expressed his dislike for the northeast.

The phils need an upgrade, but this kinda feels like they're trying to pound a round peg into a square hole
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

...someone's used to deals not going through.... ;)

Haha, yes sir I am. 2 this season, one I am happy about, 1 I am not. Although I don't mind keeping Montero.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Any time now Roy your suppose to pitch tomorrow. Make a lot of money on a very good team,and not be the top pitcher,is a no brainer to me. As someone here would say ALL ABOARD

It's all about the money, I am sure he is making sure he is getting paid $16mil in 2012 regardless of who pays it.

all depends on where the 12 mill is allotted. If it goes to the 2012 option, the phils are still stuck with a declining pitcher with a bad back for 2 years AFTER this year.

You and I both know that they will take the salary he makes in 2012 and add it to their bottom line. so when they say they're financially strapped and can't make moves the oswalt salary will be included.

I'm back and forth on this
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I'm sure Hou said will throw 12 million if u include Singelton and that money will go towards his 2012 option. Makes sense to me,he's owed 5million this year. 16 and 16 so Hou is pretty much paying 12 of the 32 million. So were paying Oswalt 25 million for 2 and a half years in the long run.
    Go Birds!!!!
    He really is a bitch, huh?

http://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/19837577673

Hearing Oswalt not a fan of Citizens Bk Pk, but he's 4-0, 2.60 ERA in 4 starts-tied with Coors for best win pct at any current park
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    What happened to JA Happ.... I haven't followed him this year, but know he made a big splash last year
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

all depends on where the 12 mill is allotted. If it goes to the 2012 option, the phils are still stuck with a declining pitcher with a bad back for 2 years AFTER this year.

You and I both know that they will take the salary he makes in 2012 and add it to their bottom line. so when they say they're financially strapped and can't make moves the oswalt salary will be included.

I'm back and forth on this

Well, whatever. This move clearly shows that Amaro is saying he fucked up in the offseason, but after this season and shows that Lee wasn't an option when he signs for 20 mil a year, it'll show it wasn't the biggest deal that we shipped Lee.

Keep loading him up with shots - I'm buying. 09-Hamels-Lee, 10/11-Halladay-Hamels-Oswalt

I would call that improvement. Even if you don't look at it as Oswalt being the second best pitcher in the rotation, then just ask yourself this - do you want Oswalt as your third pitcher going into the playoffs, or a choice of Blanton, Kendrick, or Happ(who some people are hanging by his scrote around here)? Yeah, that's called rationality to me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hearing Oswalt not a fan of Citizens Bk Pk, but he's 4-0, 2.60 ERA in 4 starts-tied with Coors for best win pct at any current park

jayson stark is the phils puppet. he annoys me. no one cares about his useless info stats

he spins everything the phils do as a positive...he's the dave spadaro of the phillies (just not employed by them)
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

jayson stark is the phils puppet. he annoys me. no one cares about his useless info stats

he spins everything the phils do as a positive...he's the dave spadaro of the phillies (just not employed by them)

I hear you. It's fuckign insane he is a national writer for ESPN.

Well, whatever. This move clearly shows that Amaro is saying he fucked up in the offseason, but after this season and shows that Lee wasn't an option when he signs for 20 mil a year, it'll show it wasn't the biggest deal that we shipped Lee.

Keep loading him up with shots - I'm buying. 09-Hamels-Lee, 10/11-Halladay-Hamels-Oswalt

I would call that improvement. Even if you don't look at it as Oswalt being the second best pitcher in the rotation, then just ask yourself this - do you want Oswalt as your third pitcher going into the playoffs, or a choice of Blanton, Kendrick, or Happ(who some people are hanging by his scrote around here)? Yeah, that's called rationality to me.

I hear you with the upgrade...and there isn't much else out there. I think you have to at least think about 2011 and 2012 though.

in 2007 kyle kendrick started game 2 of the playoffs vs the rocks. that is funny
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,473
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear you with the upgrade...and there isn't much else out there. I think you have to at least think about 2011 and 2012 though.

in 2007 kyle kendrick started game 2 of the playoffs vs the rocks. that is funny

if they are giving us 12m...wouldn't you think they will put 4M or whatever towards this year to alleviate having him and werth on the team at the same time and then toss the other 8M to 2012? that would make a lot of sense. 8M for oswalt in 2012 is not bad at all....look how much we're paying moyer and blanton this year.

GET IT DONE.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

If you think the 12 mil Houston's sending over will affect 2012, then can you really have a problem? You're saying Oswalt costs you 6 mil in two years - that's less than Moyer's costing you now.

And we won a World Series with Moyer pitching 3 game in the playoffss I believe. Now that is really funny.
    The Fixer wrote:

if they are giving us 12m...wouldn't you think they will put 4M or whatever towards this year to alleviate having him and werth on the team at the same time and then toss the other 8M to 2012? that would make a lot of sense. 8M for oswalt in 2012 is not bad at all....look how much we're paying moyer and blanton this year.

GET IT DONE.

my guess is that they use all 12 million for this year. but that's just a guess...I have no idea how they would use that money.

we're all getting amped up here...we need some news on the trade
    And what's all this Jose Baustista talk? Is that even doable?

only with a package starting with Dom brown, they asked for montero or joba for Scott fucking downs
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

only with a package starting with Dom brown, they asked for montero or joba for Scott fucking downs

PAH
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I saw the montero/joba thing too. funny

Where does bautista play if phils get him? I guess he would platoon in LF with Ibanez? Can't see that happening. I'd love scott downs though
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I saw the montero/joba thing too. funny

Where does bautista play if phils get him? I guess he would platoon in LF with Ibanez? Can't see that happening. I'd love scott downs though

In a perfect world, they send down Dobbs, start Baustista at third. When Utley comes back, in September - and through the playoffs - you have a bench of Brown, Gload, Bautista, Francisco, Valdez, Schneider. That would be solid.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Why do I have a feeling he doesn't waive his NTC

I wouldn't be totally broken hearted over that to be honest
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

....the waiting drove me mad.

For real

This is worse than the time I waited for that *test* result to be come back

:roll:

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,473

what's that from?
    www.myspace.com

what's that from?

Some song

Stark on ESPN. Oswalt plans to accept.

For real

This is worse than the time I waited for that *test* result to be come back

:roll:

haha, hopefully that worked out OK
    Now get in the fucking playoffs, you dicks.
This discussion has been closed.