***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I probably read the same article you did. I also read something speculating that 2 of the 3 or 4 going tohouston are happ and worley. Worley pitched well in AAA last night and houston had scouts there.

Id stay away from that 2012 option...as long as singleton, cosart, and colvin aren't part of the trade I'm all for it

Apparently May broke the team's strikeout record at Lakewood last night.

Yeah 14 ks. More impressive was zero walks. He was demoted a few weeks ago due to wildness. If he can harness his stuff he projects as a top of rotation starter.

I love reading about prospects

"Astros general manager Ed Wade personally scouted Class A Lakewood recently. (Hint, hint, they know the talent in Lakewood very well.)" - Todd Zolecki

And Brown is starting and batting sixth. Awwwww sit.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    People who love Pearl Jam AND the Phillies?? You are my people. I can't believe I am just now finding this thread.

You can add this thread to the 'Things I wish I'd gotten into earlier" thread. It's always on page 1, easy to find.
    haha

nice burn
    pjhawks wrote:
    People who love Pearl Jam AND the Phillies?? You are my people. I can't believe I am just now finding this thread.

welcome and feel free to let us know which camp you are in - the sabermaticians fantasy-baseball stat-like geeks or the free-thinking watch-the-games realist fans.
    lol classic
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Even in wake of the injuries, tonight's gotta be a great ticket to have. Hopefully it's electric when they announce the lineup, and his first at-bat.

And it's obvious Amaro's a fucking punk. Gillick being interviewed on CSN pretty much because Ruben was miffed that they would ask questions about Lee last time he was on. What a douche.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,473
    ALSO, it looks as though an Oswalt trade is pretty much agreed upon when it comes to the prospects Houston wants. The only thing holding the Phillies back is squeezing Oswalt's contract in for this year without trading Werth, whom obviously they can't trade now. If that's the holdup then I think something may happen. They can't tell me otherwise that the increase in payroll bringing Oswalt in wouldn't be worth the money generated if they get in the playoffs. And of course I'm assuming, but you can't tell me if this team hits marginally better than it has, gets Utley back in a few weeks, and with a rotation of Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels, that they don't get in the playoffs. I would have to call shenanigans.

confidence levels are high gentlemen....confidence levels are high....YET AGAIN!

i love it!

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    ALSO, it looks as though an Oswalt trade is pretty much agreed upon when it comes to the prospects Houston wants. The only thing holding the Phillies back is squeezing Oswalt's contract in for this year without trading Werth, whom obviously they can't trade now. If that's the holdup then I think something may happen. They can't tell me otherwise that the increase in payroll bringing Oswalt in wouldn't be worth the money generated if they get in the playoffs. And of course I'm assuming, but you can't tell me if this team hits marginally better than it has, gets Utley back in a few weeks, and with a rotation of Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels, that they don't get in the playoffs. I would have to call shenanigans.

confidence levels are high gentlemen....confidence levels are high....YET AGAIN!

i love it!

GO. PHILS.

Super_20Troopers_20Shenanigans_2001.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Super_20Troopers_20Shenanigans_2001.jpg

Oh man, in all of our movie talk, how did this comedy get overlooked? Just unacceptable.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh man, in all of our movie talk, how did this comedy get overlooked? Just unacceptable.

Seriously. Used to watch this 24/7.

Ken Burns on CSN. Can't wait for "The 10th Inning".
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Great movie.

Fuck me, I fogot he was in town today. He gave a talk at the NPR station, damnit I wanted to go.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Great movie.

Fuck me, I fogot he was in town today. He gave a talk at the NPR station, damnit I wanted to go.

I think they had a screening too that anyone could've went to. Finding that out now annoys me.

I think they had a screening too that anyone could've went to. Finding that out now annoys me.

Yeah, man. I heard about this on Saturday but completely forgot about it. A buddy was supposed to remind me. Fucker.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i heard him on the radio this morning. when does it come out? that man is briliant.

you know what's gonna lead off the 10th inning right?............those crafty '93 Phils who captured the American psche back in a simpler time....:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Apparently, now Oswalt is telling friends he can't wait to get out of Houston and that teams don't necessarily need to pick up his option.

Man, between this, the fact that an NL scout is saying the Phils are the most active team right now on the trade market, prospects are pretty much agreed upon with Houston, Wade in Lakewood, Oswalt pitches Friday, Phils need someone for Saturday I think, deadline is Saturday - I really think something might happen. And I'm gonna say tomorrow since Oswalt doesn't want to wait until the deadline to find out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i heard him on the radio this morning. when does it come out? that man is briliant.

you know what's gonna lead off the 10th inning right?............those crafty '93 Phils who captured the American psche back in a simpler time....:mrgreen:

DVD comes out at the end of September. Yeah, he said Philly fans will like it a lot with '08 and all, but we might not so much like the ending...
    Apparently, now Oswalt is telling friends he can't wait to get out of Houston and that teams don't necessarily need to pick up his option.

Man, between this, the fact that an NL scout is saying the Phils are the most active team right now on the trade market, prospects are pretty much agreed upon with Houston, Wade in Lakewood, Oswalt pitches Friday, Phils need someone for Saturday I think, deadline is Saturday - I really think something might happen. And I'm gonna say tomorrow since Oswalt doesn't want to wait until the deadline to find out.

see this is why people just need to chill and see how everything pans out. so much misinformation gets tossed around.

i still think we're getting him. and i think we may be able to do it without the option.........UNLESS some team nobody is talking about hops into the middle of everything. but if its just among the dodgers, bravos, cards, and phils----i like our odds. :mrgreen:

again--ruben's best move was at the deadline last year---make it happen again!
    www.myspace.com
    Jim Salisbury probably knows this team better than anybody, and he's convinced they make a deal. He's saying it's going to be either Oswalt or Carmona, and I'm fine with that either way. Carmona pitches tonight I believe, so look out to see if he starts or not.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Even in wake of the injuries, tonight's gotta be a great ticket to have. Hopefully it's electric when they announce the lineup, and his first at-bat.

And it's obvious Amaro's a fucking punk. Gillick being interviewed on CSN pretty much because Ruben was miffed that they would ask questions about Lee last time he was on. What a douche.

of course I'm going tomorrow night. Brown will probably sit vs saunders. damnit

yeah, shit is percolating.

just stay away from the 2012 option rube. use some restraint pal

again--ruben's best move was at the deadline last year---make it happen again!

how crazy is it that acquiring Lee was only a year ago? Feels like it was 5 years ago
    Jim Salisbury probably knows this team better than anybody, and he's convinced they make a deal. He's saying it's going to be either Oswalt or Carmona, and I'm fine with that either way. Carmona pitches tonight I believe, so look out to see if he starts or not.

yeah, carmona is pitching vs yanks. I think he stinks. he'd be an upgrade over kendrick, but I wouldn't give up anything to get him
    Dom Brown, I love you
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dom Brown, I love you

get in line
    www.myspace.com
    this can't be a good sign...from olney

Heard this: The Phillies' trade for Roy Oswalt that has been discussed is likely to include three or four teams -- if it happens.
    The Fixer wrote:
    this can't be a good sign...from olney

Heard this: The Phillies' trade for Roy Oswalt that has been discussed is likely to include three or four teams -- if it happens.

Do you mean prospect-wise, or the fact that a starter in the lineup is gonna go?
    Fixer, Olney just tweeted this - Heard this: A third team that was involved in the Phillies-Oswalt talks has backed out. Philly-Houston now dealing head to head #trades

Gotta feeling I'm gonna be waking up to something on philly.com in the morning...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    Shame that Shane went on the DL, but this Dom Brown is looking good. Glad that Werth and RAUUUUUUUL are starting to hit and of course Doc pitching doesn't hurt either :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Fixer, Olney just tweeted this - Heard this: A third team that was involved in the Phillies-Oswalt talks has backed out. Philly-Houston now dealing head to head #trades

Gotta feeling I'm gonna be waking up to something on philly.com in the morning...

I just figured the more teams involved in the trade, the less likely it is of happening.
    Something's gotta happen tonight and be announced tomorrow morning. Oswalt pitches Friday, and I'm sure if anything goes down, Philly will want him in a uniform pitching in Florida instead.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,220
    from ken rosenthal on twitter: FOX 26 in Houston reporting #Astros and #Phillies have deal in place for Oswalt. Trying to confirm. His approval would be required.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    from ken rosenthal on twitter: FOX 26 in Houston reporting #Astros and #Phillies have deal in place for Oswalt. Trying to confirm. His approval would be required.

How recent is this "tweet"?
    Yeah, Heyman is reporting the same thing as well. C'mon, Roy - PULL THE TRIGGER.
This discussion has been closed.