***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,954
    metsfan wrote:
    CUM HUSK
    Many cultures have stories describing the origin of cum husking, which may be roughly grouped into common types. In one type of story, cum husking is born from a world egg; such stories include the Finnish epic poem Kalevala, the Chinese story of Pangu or the Indian Brahmanda Purana. In related stories, cum husking is caused by a single entity emanating or producing something by his or herself, as in the Tibetan Buddhism concept of Adi-Buddha, the ancient Greek story of Gaia (Mother Earth), the Aztec goddess Coatlicue myth, the ancient Egyptian god Atum story, or the Genesis creation myth. In another type of story, cum husking is created from the union of male and female deities, as in the Maori story of Rangi and Papa. In other stories, cum husking is created by crafting it from pre-existing materials, such as the corpse of a dead god - as from Tiamat in the Babylonian epic Enuma Elish or from the giant Ymir in Norse mythology - or from chaotic materials, as in Izanagi and Izanami in Japanese mythology. In another type of story, cum husking is created by the command of a divinity, as in the ancient Egyptian story of Ptah or the Genesis creation myth as a part of Jewish and Christian mythology. In other stories, the cum husk emanates from fundamental principles, such as Brahman and Prakrti, or the yin and yang of the Tao.

stop husking cum and do the dishes, you lazy cum husk.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cum+husk

:P

Interesting...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    CUM HUSK
    Many cultures have stories describing the origin of cum husking, which may be roughly grouped into common types. In one type of story, cum husking is born from a world egg; such stories include the Finnish epic poem Kalevala, the Chinese story of Pangu or the Indian Brahmanda Purana. In related stories, cum husking is caused by a single entity emanating or producing something by his or herself, as in the Tibetan Buddhism concept of Adi-Buddha, the ancient Greek story of Gaia (Mother Earth), the Aztec goddess Coatlicue myth, the ancient Egyptian god Atum story, or the Genesis creation myth. In another type of story, cum husking is created from the union of male and female deities, as in the Maori story of Rangi and Papa. In other stories, cum husking is created by crafting it from pre-existing materials, such as the corpse of a dead god - as from Tiamat in the Babylonian epic Enuma Elish or from the giant Ymir in Norse mythology - or from chaotic materials, as in Izanagi and Izanami in Japanese mythology. In another type of story, cum husking is created by the command of a divinity, as in the ancient Egyptian story of Ptah or the Genesis creation myth as a part of Jewish and Christian mythology. In other stories, the cum husk emanates from fundamental principles, such as Brahman and Prakrti, or the yin and yang of the Tao.

stop husking cum and do the dishes, you lazy cum husk.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cum+husk

:P

Interesting...
    i thought so too
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

136555397-8dbc47c38d31872fdf5461bd04fc50ee.4c4fce68-scaled.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    LMFAO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,317
    People who love Pearl Jam AND the Phillies?? You are my people. I can't believe I am just now finding this thread.

You can add this thread to the 'Things I wish I'd gotten into earlier" thread. It's always on page 1, easy to find.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    People who love Pearl Jam AND the Phillies?? You are my people. I can't believe I am just now finding this thread.

welcome and feel free to let us know which camp you are in - the sabermaticians fantasy-baseball stat-like geeks or the free-thinking watch-the-games realist fans.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,317
    pjhawks wrote:

welcome and feel free to let us know which camp you are in - the sabermaticians fantasy-baseball stat-like geeks or the free-thinking watch-the-games realist fans.

Here we go...

Is Ryan Howard having a good year because he leads the league in RBI's and is 2nd in hits?

Or does he suck because his VORP is worse than 9 other first basemen? (or something like that - someone will correct me soon).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,477
    pjhawks wrote:

Here we go...

Is Ryan Howard having a good year because he leads the league in RBI's and is 2nd in hits?

Or does he suck because his VORP is worse than 9 other first basemen? (or something like that - someone will correct me soon).

if you think ryan howard sucks this year you should stop watching baseball and take up cricket.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Now is the time to trade Werth Ruben. He's playing better and his value is as high as its gonna be,don't fuck it up. We know he's not gonna be here next year so get something good for him now. Its nice to see the team hitting again especially Raul. Howard is just sick,the dude is proving why he's paid top dollar. When in doubt Howard will knock it out, here's to a big trade happeing today. Go Phillies
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    howard is such a beast right now...

He is hitting. It just amazes me that a pro baseball player can be so terrible ine the field. Watching him in the field is like watching monkeys trying to fuck a football. Seriously, he needs to learn how to throw the ball. Its not hard

shane better be alright...

Might be the perfect reason to bring up Brown for a bit...
    Except they don't have a cf. Werth in cf is an unmitigated disaster
    Now is the time to trade Werth Ruben. He's playing better and his value is as high as its gonna be,don't fuck it up. We know he's not gonna be here next year so get something good for him now. Its nice to see the team hitting again especially Raul. Howard is just sick,the dude is proving why he's paid top dollar. When in doubt Howard will knock it out, here's to a big trade happeing today. Go Phillies

why would you trade werth if he's hitting now? he's so streaky, we might as well ride this hot streak all the way into october.

plus, with victorino down...all the more reason to keep him.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    howard is such a beast right now...

He is hitting. It just amazes me that a pro baseball player can be so terrible ine the field. Watching him in the field is like watching monkeys trying to fuck a football. Seriously, he needs to learn how to throw the ball. Its not hard

he always makes up for it at the plate....like with that monsterous 2 run shot last night.

since june 1st he's been on base in every game but 2. that is impressive.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    shane better be alright...

Might be the perfect reason to bring up Brown for a bit...
    Except they don't have a cf. Werth in cf is an unmitigated disaster

Brown called up. Daqiri boy to the dl

Not looking forward to the bearded douche in cf

why would you trade werth if he's hitting now? he's so streaky, we might as well ride this hot streak all the way into october.

plus, with victorino down...all the more reason to keep him.
    I understand the victorino reasoning,but trading werth has to happen imo. Why let him leave and get picks when we can turn him into a starter or releiver. I wouldn't be upset if he stays or goes. I just think its the perfect time to get top value for a guy who won't be here next year.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Will brown be starting? I'm looking forward to him greatly.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Will brown be starting? I'm looking forward to him greatly.
    Not sure if he will start tonight, but id think he will be in there vs righthanded starters. Not sure who pitches for ariz tonight...I know saunders is throwing tonight or tomorrow and he's a lefty
    Edwin jackson a rhp is on the hill tonight. They better put the kid in the starting lineup. With shane and jimmy out I'm guessing polanco dobbs ibanez howard werth brown nunez and schneider will be the lineup
    Go Birds!!!!
    i love it!

wearing # 9 too. that seems to fit him....though i am surprised the phils didn't retire it after von hayes retired.
    :lol:

jammingpearls---no way werth gets traded now. we need him this year.

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
    Edwin jackson a rhp is on the hill tonight. They better put the kid in the starting lineup. With shane and jimmy out I'm guessing polanco dobbs ibanez howard werth brown nunez and schneider will be the lineup

Yeah if he can get to cbp by game time he should be in the lineup. I hope he's in the 2 or 3 hole. I'm looking forward to seeing this beast. Hopefully he does well and ibanez goes to the bench when victorino comes back
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah if he can get to cbp by game time he should be in the lineup. I hope he's in the 2 or 3 hole. I'm looking forward to seeing this beast. Hopefully he does well and ibanez goes to the bench when victorino comes back

that would be phenomenal. :clap::clap:

i don't think they will hit him that high though. too much pressure.
    www.myspace.com
    I'm a little late to the party, but this scenario couldn't have played out more perfectly....and with that I say....

......YES!!!!!!!!

And when he's a regular in the lineup next year, he'll be wearing Mariano Duncan's old number in no time.

I am as giddy as a little school girl.
    ALSO, it looks as though an Oswalt trade is pretty much agreed upon when it comes to the prospects Houston wants. The only thing holding the Phillies back is squeezing Oswalt's contract in for this year without trading Werth, whom obviously they can't trade now. If that's the holdup then I think something may happen. They can't tell me otherwise that the increase in payroll bringing Oswalt in wouldn't be worth the money generated if they get in the playoffs. And of course I'm assuming, but you can't tell me if this team hits marginally better than it has, gets Utley back in a few weeks, and with a rotation of Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels, that they don't get in the playoffs. I would have to call shenanigans.
    ALSO, it looks as though an Oswalt trade is pretty much agreed upon when it comes to the prospects Houston wants. The only thing holding the Phillies back is squeezing Oswalt's contract in for this year without trading Werth, whom obviously they can't trade now. If that's the holdup then I think something may happen. They can't tell me otherwise that the increase in payroll bringing Oswalt in wouldn't be worth the money generated if they get in the playoffs. And of course I'm assuming, but you can't tell me if this team hits marginally better than it has, gets Utley back in a few weeks, and with a rotation of Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels, that they don't get in the playoffs. I would have to call shenanigans.

The prospects have been agreed upon for a week,its been about money the whole time. When oswalt said his option had to be picked up is when it died or stalled. There's no doubt that ruben thought oswalt was starting last saturday,but then had to recall KK.
    Go Birds!!!!

The prospects have been agreed upon for a week,its been about money the whole time. When oswalt said his option had to be picked up is when it died or stalled. There's no doubt that ruben thought oswalt was starting last saturday,but then had to recall KK.

Yeah, but I'm talking about this year's payroll. The article said that the organization is balking at bringing him on while Werth's salary is still on the books.
    Well then I'd be shocked if it happens then,if they weren't gonna keep lee for 9 then they sure as hell won't add oswalt. I know there not cheap but man there cheap.
    Go Birds!!!!

I probably read the same article you did. I also read something speculating that 2 of the 3 or 4 going tohouston are happ and worley. Worley pitched well in AAA last night and houston had scouts there.

Id stay away from that 2012 option...as long as singleton, cosart, and colvin aren't part of the trade I'm all for it
    The Fixer wrote:

I probably read the same article you did. I also read something speculating that 2 of the 3 or 4 going tohouston are happ and worley. Worley pitched well in AAA last night and houston had scouts there.

Id stay away from that 2012 option...as long as singleton, cosart, and colvin aren't part of the trade I'm all for it

Apparently May broke the team's strikeout record at Lakewood last night.
    Strasburg got scratched from his start last night with shoulder soreness. Gotta expect him to mikss sundays start. If I'm dc I shut him down for the year.

Phils luck starting to change. Just need the injuries to stop
    The Fixer wrote:

Apparently May broke the team's strikeout record at Lakewood last night.

Yeah 14 ks. More impressive was zero walks. He was demoted a few weeks ago due to wildness. If he can harness his stuff he projects as a top of rotation starter.

I love reading about prospects
This discussion has been closed.