Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,954
    If I could have a dream rotation it would be

1-Josh Johnson
    2-Adam Wainwright
    3-Roy Halladay
    4-Clif Lee
    5-Zack Grienke

Man, pitching has become ridiculous lately. So many pitchers not even in there.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    If I could have a dream rotation it would be

1-Josh Johnson
    2-Adam Wainwright
    3-Roy Halladay
    4-Clif Lee
    5-Zack Grienke

Man, pitching has become ridiculous lately. So many pitchers not even in there.

You're not kidding. I would have to put Lester in that rotation. The numbers he puts up in the AL East is sickening. 1.09 whip and .207 BA against in the AL east.
    I was just looking up some numbers from a business standpoint, and the Phillies reach more households than any team in the Majors not named Red Sox or Yankees. That would make them the most watched team in the NL. Yeah, I would say things are making a permanent turn for the best.
    I was just looking up some numbers from a business standpoint, and the Phillies reach more households than any team in the Majors not named Red Sox or Yankees. That would make them the most watched team in the NL. Yeah, I would say things are making a permanent turn for the best.

Any idea how long they are stuck on Comcast for and if they will be able to start their own network?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Any idea how long they are stuck on Comcast for and if they will be able to start their own network?

That's the other thing. A source in one article said it's shocking how little they pay in revenue sharing.

I don't know why CSN doesn't just become their network. I mean, SNY is the Mets' network and they are an affiliate essentially of CSN. I'll have to look that up though...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,477

i'm talking about this nucleus dude. i don't see why you'd want to take a step back when the window for these current players is the next few years.

This nucleus is what is, man. Do you honestly think this team can win it all this year - with this nucleus? And do you think any move Amaro makes in the next 4 days will exponentially increase those chances? Because this nucleus is still in place for the next few years, and I see a decision being made now only hindering that nucleus going forward. Play with what you got this year, win or lose, get a pitcher and an outfielder in the offseason.

Of course I want to win it all, but if taking a step back this year takes everyone down a peg or two then I'm all for it. Ah, who am I kidding, people are fucking nuts in this city.

there's 2 months of the season still to be played. get to the playoffs, and it will be on a roll at this point, and anything can happen. i am not at all ready to give up on this team. not with the easiest part of the schedule right in front of us.

.......IF j roll is really hurt and will miss significant time though, all bets are off.
    www.myspace.com
    there's 2 months of the season still to be played. get to the playoffs, and it will be on a roll at this point, and anything can happen. i am not at all ready to give up on this team. not with the easiest part of the schedule right in front of us.

.......IF j roll is really hurt and will miss significant time though, all bets are off.

Meh. Jimmy will be alright. Most likely just a bruise.

then all systems go buddy! i havent followed it today. just saw the other guy's post about it earlier.

i really think we're in the middle of a run here. hopefully chase comes back in early september...
    www.myspace.com

then all systems go buddy! i havent followed it today. just saw the other guy's post about it earlier.

i really think we're in the middle of a run here. hopefully chase comes back in early september...

Knock on wood...

Cautious optimism is where I'm at.

Knock on wood...

Cautious optimism is where I'm at.

the good news is they are hitting the ball again....even werth and raul.

ruben's best, and quite possibly only, good move was made at the deadline last year. let's wait and see what happens...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If you could sign one pitcher in baseball long term who would it be? Put aside man crushes for a second.

Felix hernandez. No doubt. 2nd choice strasburg. 3rd josh johnson
    The season hinges on a few things...

1 - utley. Need the best phillie ever healthy
    2 - amaro. Need a sp and bullpen piece. Hopefully he doesn't give away the farm
    3 - lidge. Seems healthy, he's gotta be better
    4 - manuel. Needs to keep the francisco/ibamez platoon going

The nl stinks. This team has as good a shot as anyone if they somehow get into playoffs
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If you could sign one pitcher in baseball long term who would it be? Put aside man crushes for a second.

I had Felix or Lester or Johnson once Jammin brought him up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I had Felix or Lester or Johnson once Jammin brought him up.

Yeah I posted as I was c@atching up on posts...befpre I read all of them.

Id worry a little bit about greinke and lesters past issues. They're both great, but gotta take that stuff into account.

Surprised no one mentioned ubaldo...he's filthy too.

Good topic
    The Fixer wrote:
    Yeah I posted as I was c@atching up on posts...befpre I read all of them.

Id worry a little bit about greinke and lesters past issues. They're both great, but gotta take that stuff into account.

Surprised no one mentioned ubaldo...he's filthy too.

Good topic

Yeah, I think the Greinke issues are a lot more of a problem than lesters, Greinkes were mental.

Yeah, I just have not seen ubaldo pitch enough to be honest.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The season hinges on a few things...

1 - utley. Need the best phillie ever healthy
    2 - amaro. Need a sp and bullpen piece. Hopefully he doesn't give away the farm
    3 - lidge. Seems healthy, he's gotta be better
    4 - manuel. Needs to keep the francisco/ibamez platoon going

The nl stinks. This team has as good a shot as anyone if they somehow get into playoffs

agreed. luckily the easiest part the schedule is upon us too.

i'm telling you fools, we're in the beginning of a 15 out of 20 streak that will propell us in the standings.
    www.myspace.com
    gotta love the R6.

all the man does is get on base and drive in runs. :mrgreen:

ALL ABOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD.

GO PHILS.

bravos are losing too :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    hamels showed a lot of maturity getting out of that inning with minimal damage....
    www.myspace.com
    howard is such a beast right now...
    www.myspace.com
  • People who love Pearl Jam AND the Phillies?? You are my people. I can't believe I am just now finding this thread.
    Vegas 12/1/93 & 7/11/98 -- SLC 11/2/95 -- San Diego 10/25/00 & 6/5/03 -- DC 5/30/06 & 6/22/08 -- SF 8/28/09 -- Philly 10/31/09, 10/21/13 & 10/22/13 -- Bristow 5/13/10 -- MSG 5/20/10 -- ATL 9/22/12 -- Baltimore 10/27/13 -- LA 11/24/13 -- Leeds 7/8/14 -- Denver 10/22/14

EVx5
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    :D 6 in a row! 9 at home! Werth and Raul are starting to hit! the R6 is on a roll. Only 3 1/2 games out of first.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    People who love Pearl Jam AND the Phillies?? You are my people. I can't believe I am just now finding this thread.

We are what the kids call, "the bees knees."
    shane better be alright...
    www.myspace.com

Might be the perfect reason to bring up Brown for a bit...

i guess they would toss jw in center......

an oblique tweak can last a while damn it.....
    www.myspace.com

i guess they would toss jw in center......

an oblique tweak can last a while damn it.....

Charlie relayed the message that Shane felt a "knot" in his side. One part of me hopes it's not bad enough for a DL stint, but the other part of me thinks it's not that bad of an idea to keep the bench fresh as well as bring up the tall & lean one.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    edited July 2010
    1. Josh Johnson
    2. Cliff Lee
    3. Tim Whatever for the giants
    4. Felix Herandez
    5. Steven Strausburg
    I'm sure I'm forgetting someone I only took strausburg because the kid looks like he could be a stud stud for a long time. Doc,Lester,wainwright,Greinke,kershaw,carpenter,CC,Johan,jimenez,could just as easily be as good or better then anyone on my list. Tougher then I thought to select my starting 5.
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

greinke

greinke
    king felix
    jiimenz
    pothead timmy
    josh johnson

my real non kidding top 5

damn i guess a certain phils phan was rite
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

CUM HUSK
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CUM HUSK
    Many cultures have stories describing the origin of cum husking, which may be roughly grouped into common types. In one type of story, cum husking is born from a world egg; such stories include the Finnish epic poem Kalevala, the Chinese story of Pangu or the Indian Brahmanda Purana. In related stories, cum husking is caused by a single entity emanating or producing something by his or herself, as in the Tibetan Buddhism concept of Adi-Buddha, the ancient Greek story of Gaia (Mother Earth), the Aztec goddess Coatlicue myth, the ancient Egyptian god Atum story, or the Genesis creation myth. In another type of story, cum husking is created from the union of male and female deities, as in the Maori story of Rangi and Papa. In other stories, cum husking is created by crafting it from pre-existing materials, such as the corpse of a dead god - as from Tiamat in the Babylonian epic Enuma Elish or from the giant Ymir in Norse mythology - or from chaotic materials, as in Izanagi and Izanami in Japanese mythology. In another type of story, cum husking is created by the command of a divinity, as in the ancient Egyptian story of Ptah or the Genesis creation myth as a part of Jewish and Christian mythology. In other stories, the cum husk emanates from fundamental principles, such as Brahman and Prakrti, or the yin and yang of the Tao.

stop husking cum and do the dishes, you lazy cum husk.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cum+husk

:P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

This discussion has been closed.