***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481
    Rollins bruises left foot
    More than an hour after the game, Jimmy Rollins was in the Phillies’ training room receiving treatment on his left foot.

The shortstop fouled an 0-1 pitch from Jason Hammel off of the foot in the second inning. Although he fell to the dirt in pain and spent several moments trying to walk it off, Rollins played the duration of the game at short stop.

X-rays on the foot – the official diagnosis is a contusion (bruise) – were negative. A Phillies spokesman said the team would provide any further update tomorrow.

"He fouled a ball off the in-step of his foot, and that was hurting him," manager Charlie Manuel said. "But he wanted to stay in the game."

Also, Charlie Manuel became the fourth Phillies manager in club history to win at least 500 games with the Phillies, joining Gene Mauch (646), Harry Wright (636) and Danny Ozark (594).

Ryan Howard went 0-for-3 with a walk and 3 strikeouts, ending his hitting streak at 11 games.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... z0upmXRPC4
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Hamels vs strasburg on sunday
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:

In Philly?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

In Philly?

DC
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

In Philly?

DC

Ahh well, I would like to see that kid pitch in person.
    We have a company game Sept 18th at the Bank against The Nationals

Hopefully I get lucky with Strasburg

Interesting.... :?

Kidding, haha.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Interesting.... :?

Kidding, haha.

HaHa!! I didn't even catch that

I heard you can take the train right into the Nats stadium..can anyone confirm ?

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,324
    I heard you can take the train right into the Nats stadium..can anyone confirm ?

Well, it's near a Metro stop. I don't think it's at Union Station though.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,324
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys really do not want to be stuck paying him $16 mil in 2012 anyways. Bad bad idea.

still not convinced we'd have to....at least all of it.

either way--f him.

I really don't want the guy. I think he's past his prime and too expensive. Use the money to sign Lee!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Well, it's near a Metro stop. I don't think it's at Union Station though.

there's a metro stop right out past centerfield. really convenient. right past the beautiful new parking garages. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys really do not want to be stuck paying him $16 mil in 2012 anyways. Bad bad idea.

either way--f him.

I really don't want the guy. I think he's past his prime and too expensive. Use the money to sign Lee!

come on now...

i have a feeling we're going to end up with him unless some other team comes out of the blue and snatches him.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I agree with the jeagler,oswalt will be a phillie or some team not yet talked about. Some hou beat reporter was on wip earlier and said that lidge has been in contact with oswalt telln him how fun it is to play for Manual.
    Go Birds!!!!

come on now...

i have a feeling we're going to end up with him unless some other team comes out of the blue and snatches him.

It is really not a good idea in my opinion, he has declined steadily every year for the past 5 (with a better year this year than he has had in a while) and costs a lot of money. The only way to have Houston pay some of his salary would be to include top prospects. If they don't include top prospects the Phillies are at $103 million with just 8 players signed in 2012 before Rollins, Hamels and a closer. Even if payroll is bumped up in that time, it still does not leave a lot of flexibility. Hamels will add $15 mil+ to that if he performs up to his cabability and Rollins will be looking for a raise. The Phillies will be looking at a payroll of $130 mil with 10 players signed. That gives the Phillies absolutely zero flexibility to make any moves. Oswalt will not be worth what he is getting paid.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Man Immorality is a beautiful song. Pretty good version inm Newark.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,954
    The only way I think anything gets done is if Werth gets traded and - and I can't believe I'm saying this - I don't think they can afford to do that right now. What team brings up an unproven prospect in the middle of a playoff race for offense? Pitching really isn't their problem, and Oswalt wouldn't certainly be worth it in the long term when you still need to get another outfielder next year even if Brown is a starter. This is why I kinda sorta wish they were 10 games out. It would make all these decisions a lot more easier. Remember, this is a team that's underachieving offensively and if they start living up to their potential just a little more then we'll be fine. Plus, what the hell do they really have that will get a deal done? AND, with a crazy owner like Houston has that continuously changes his mind day-to-day, plus the fact that Oswalt doesn't want to play here. Include these factors as well, and tell me what really makes you think that a deal gets done outside of what your gut says?

Apparently reported on CSN that the Blue Jays - and a couple other teams I can't remember right now - had scouts at Phils games when Blanton was pitching and left after he came out of the game.

Also, someone really needs to smack Victorino in the face, and kick him in the balls. He's infuriating me more and more with each at-bat.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

either way--f him.

I agree. Id be ok with him for next year, but I wouldn't touch that 2012 option with a 10 foot pole

Plus the guy doesn't want to be in philly. Last thing I want is another andy ashby
    The only way I think anything gets done is if Werth gets traded and - and I can't believe I'm saying this - I don't think they can afford to do that right now. What team brings up an unproven prospect in the middle of a playoff race for offense? Pitching really isn't their problem, and Oswalt wouldn't certainly be worth it in the long term when you still need to get another outfielder next year even if Brown is a starter. This is why I kinda sorta wish they were 10 games out. It would make all these decisions a lot more easier. Remember, this is a team that's underachieving offensively and if they start living up to their potential just a little more then we'll be fine. Plus, what the hell do they really have that will get a deal done? AND, with a crazy owner like Houston has that continuously changes his mind day-to-day, plus the fact that Oswalt doesn't want to play here. Include these factors as well, and tell me what really makes you think that a deal gets done outside of what your gut says?

Apparently reported on CSN that the Blue Jays - and a couple other teams I can't remember right now - had scouts at Phils games when Blanton was pitching and left after he came out of the game.

Also, someone really needs to smack Victorino in the face, and kick him in the balls. He's infuriating me more and more with each at-bat.

The pitching has been pretty solid, but if they make the playoffs who starts game 3? They do need another SP

I've seen the phils linked to scott downs...he be nice out of the pen. Lidge is terrible

I don't know what's gonna happen during the next 3 days, but I do know amaro is gonna fuck this up
    The Fixer wrote:

The pitching has been pretty solid, but if they make the playoffs who starts game 3? They do need another SP

I've seen the phils linked to scott downs...he be nice out of the pen. Lidge is terrible

I don't know what's gonna happen during the next 3 days, but I do know amaro is gonna fuck this up

Then go after a lower name then. It's not worth what they would give up in my book. If this team makes the playoffs, and for some reason makes it to the WS, and then if Hell freezes over with them winning the World Series with what they have then so be it. I'm willing to take that risk. Playoffs this year is a bonus. Amaro talks so much shit about how he wants to leave his legacy on this team for the long run, then I'm already curious to what he does for 2011.
    The Fixer wrote:

Then go after a lower name then. It's not worth what they would give up in my book. If this team makes the playoffs, and for some reason makes it to the WS, and then if Hell freezes over with them winning the World Series with what they have then so be it. I'm willing to take that risk. Playoffs this year is a bonus. Amaro talks so much shit about how he wants to leave his legacy on this team for the long run, then I'm already curious to what he does for 2011.

Yeah I'm with you. There isn't much else out there in terms of sp.

Should be interesting.

I'm off to the dogfish brewery to get shithammered. Konechiwa bitches
    cristian guzman anyone?

how bout 6 in a row? anyone? anyone?

GO. PHILS. GO. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Yankees, Lakers. All you need now is Cowboys, and UNC.
    cristian guzman anyone?

how bout 6 in a row? anyone? anyone?

GO. PHILS. GO. :mrgreen:

Gimme Tejada. He'll come cheaper.

UNC YES

BUT ITS THE J E T S JETS JETS JETS
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

UNC YES

HA. I got lucky on one. Your loyalty is one for the ages. :roll:

UNC YES

i bleed for my teams ...even the non- ny ones

UNC YES

I'll humor you.

I'll humor you.

that guy should be banned from all sports threads.

just awful.
    www.myspace.com
    carry on philly...im heading home :lol:
This discussion has been closed.