***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jammin, the blue jays tried doing that last year with halladay and Vernon wells, which fixer I know you hate the ryan Howard deal but vernon wells is the worst contract on baseball, even though he is having a better year.

How about that for a run on sentence? I lost my breath just typing it.
    I remember hearing that, Vernon Wells is the reason he didn't get traded last year and also why jp whatever his name is got fired.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Phillies can't take both contracts. That would put them upwards of $160-70 mil, even if they lost ibanez. Interesting thinking though.
    Lee makes 19 up until 2012,i wouldn't be shocked if this happen. I called the Mcnabb to wash trade weeks before it happen,ask the jeags. He called me crazy just like u 3 amigos have,but i'm right alot,u gotta think off the wall sometimes.

Dude, no offense, but stop rubbing your vagina. I'm not going out of my way to call you right or wrong, but if it makes you feel better that you're right then more power to you. Jesus H Christ.
    Ill take the high road on this one but 2-3 more beers in me i'd be banned for sure. Watch the comments there buddy i haven't gone there so don't you.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    great posts on this page...hahaha

this shit is growing like a chia pet

Olney and Stark hear that the Rays are discussing trades for Werth
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    # Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. reiterated he's "not close" to a deal. But our report never said he was, just that he was "working on" big deal. 1 minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/jaysonst

damn that doghead beer must be strong
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Lee makes 19 up until 2012,i wouldn't be shocked if this happen. I called the Mcnabb to wash trade weeks before it happen,ask the jeags. He called me crazy just like u 3 amigos have,but i'm right alot,u gotta think off the wall sometimes.

Dude, no offense, but stop rubbing your vagina. I'm not going out of my way to call you right or wrong, but if it makes you feel better that you're right then more power to you. Jesus H Christ.
    Ill take the high road on this one but 2-3 more beers in me i'd be banned for sure. Watch the comments there buddy i haven't gone there so don't you.

It's called a joke. Please, go there. I can see someone can't take some ball busting.
    oh shizzle

10:44pm: Olney and Stark hear that the Rays are discussing trades for Werth (Twitter link). The Phils are working "very, very aggressively" to move Werth (Twitter link).

Meanwhile, Price reports (via Twitter) that talks regarding Oswalt are ongoing between the Phillies and Astros.
    The Fixer wrote:
    oh shizzle

10:44pm: Olney and Stark hear that the Rays are discussing trades for Werth (Twitter link). The Phils are working "very, very aggressively" to move Werth (Twitter link).

Meanwhile, Price reports (via Twitter) that talks regarding Oswalt are ongoing between the Phillies and Astros.

So what you're saying...is your saying nothing. Perfect.
    And PM's? Really? Really, dude? Wow.
    The Fixer wrote:
    oh shizzle

So what you're saying...is your saying nothing. Perfect.

yeah, I guess...haha. Looks like this shit is gonna be like dominoes. It's either all gonna go down or nothing is gonna happen. I do love the rumors though
    And here comes the Haren talk now too...

All I know is I hope Werth is outta here sooner than later.
    LA and SF about to brawl. Free baseball package preview for those that don't subscribe. put on channel 773 if you have Comcast

I'm with you. Kinda sad that a year can make this much of a difference
    Buster Olney and Jayson Stark of ESPN.com hear that the Rays are involved in discussions for Phillies' outfielder Jayson Werth.

According to Olney, the Phillies are working "very, very aggressively" to move Werth. Freeing themselves of his contract would allow the Phillies to add more payroll, possibly in the form of Astros' right-hander Roy Oswalt. There are obviously a lot of moving pieces here, but it certainly sounds like talks are going on. Whether a deal actually goes down is another matter altogether. Jul. 20 - 11:57 pm et
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    LA and SF about to brawl. Free baseball package preview for those that don't subscribe. put on channel 773 if you have Comcast

DAMNIT. I gotta get into the den. They've been talking about this shit on ESPN and not showing it. Gay.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm with you. Kinda sad that a year can make this much of a difference

Yeah, man. I actually think Werth peaked anyway. Not saying he can't put up 20/25 homers a year. But I always thought he was a douche, and this year is just proving it. Before it was just his wardrobe. But now, allegedly poking Chase's wife, freaking out on the dad with his kid, ripping the ivy off the wall in Wrigley, and apparently having a bad attitude in the locker room. Fuck him.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    My last thing for the night then I have to sleep. How does olneys logic make any sense? The philles are trying to move werth to free up $2.5 mil this year to make room for oswalt but are willing to take on an additional $16 mil next year and have $150 committed?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    My last thing for the night then I have to sleep. How does olneys logic make any sense? The philles are trying to move werth to free up $2.5 mil this year to make room for oswalt but are willing to take on an additional $16 mil next year and have $150 committed?

I think I read they want to make a deal that evens out the money that is due for this year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think I read they want to make a deal that evens out the money that is due for this year.

I have no idea how they're gonna fit oswalt into their budget.

I want LA to put up some runs here so these teams start killing each other
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I have no idea how they're gonna fit oswalt into their budget.

I want LA to put up some runs here so these teams start killing each other

Pretty much what I'm trying to say - and I'm doing a horrible job at it - is that they will take on the amount of salary that would be owed to Werth while Houston pays the rest of what is owed to Oswalt. Or something. Forget it. I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Halladay,Oswalt,Hamels would be nice to throw out there.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    edited July 2010
    Oswalt only has made 4 starts at the Bank. He's 4-0 with a 2.60 era.

If this deal happens, the Phils will have over 150 million committed next season with only 16 players under contract:

Howard, Utley, Polanco, Rollins, Raul, Victorino, Ruiz, Schneider, Gload
    Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Oswalt, Lidge, Madsen and Baez

You'd still have a lot of holes with a this team. Obviously, guys like Brown, Happ, Francisco, etc. would be cheap as the Phils can pretty much dictate their salaries but you still have no bullpen and no righty bat.
    Post edited by Solat13 on
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Anyone watching this San Fran/LA game? Ha! Good stuff! Bochy came out and called shenanigans on Mattingly for going to the mound, then walking off, then technically coming back to say something to Broxton. So with the bases loaded and 1 out in the top of the ninth the ump took Broxton out of the game and demanded a new pitcher get on the mound. Mattingly just stared for a while over at Bochy. Good stuff.
    Anyone watching this San Fran/LA game? Ha! Good stuff! Bochy came out and called shenanigans on Mattingly for going to the mound, then walking off, then technically coming back to say something to Broxton. So with the bases loaded and 1 out in the top of the ninth the ump took Broxton out of the game and demanded a new pitcher get on the mound. Mattingly just stared for a while over at Bochy. Good stuff.

Yeah, I'm watching it. This game is awesome. Donnie Baseball just lost the game for his team. I hope SF puts up 4 more runs so they can get back to fighting
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I'm watching it. This game is awesome. Donnie Baseball just lost the game for his team. I hope SF puts up 4 more runs so they can get back to fighting

And now they take the lead! Haha. Love watching LA lose.
    The Fixer wrote:

And now they take the lead! Haha. Love watching LA lose.

the SF announcers are great. I wish it was the LA feed so we'd get Vin Scully, but the SF guys are top 5 in baseball.

The phils are probably 27th in baseball. Sarge saves them from being last
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,221
    Scully is awesome. Last night I learned Jeremy Affedlt's whole life story while he was warming up. Regarding the Phillies announcers, I like Tom McCarthy. I liked him during the two years he did the Mets though his voice is similar to Gary Cohen.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Scully is awesome. Last night I learned Jeremy Affedlt's whole life story while he was warming up. Regarding the Phillies announcers, I like Tom McCarthy. I liked him during the two years he did the Mets though his voice is similar to Gary Cohen.

scully is the best ever. he does the games by himself and he just spews info the entire game.

mccarthy is brutal. he never shuts up. and his fake laugh makes my skin crawl

Ugh. Seriously? I absolutely can't stand him or Wheeler. They just don't know how to shut the hell up and let the game take over. And they constantly talk down to their audience. Maybe it's because of Wheeler because McCarthy's not half as bad when Sarge is on there with him. The radio broadcast is infinitely better - wish those guys would get the TV gig.
    The Fixer wrote:

scully is the best ever. he does the games by himself and he just spews info the entire game.

mccarthy is brutal. he never shuts up. and his fake laugh makes my skin crawl

I don't know. I'm not with the majority here. Scully's alright - like he's always on point and seems to have the right phrase for everything - but I just can't stand how he sounds like he's pre-recorded or something. I don't know, just me. It feels like he's sitting in a studio booth doing an overdub of the game.

And to your McCarthy point. He should make your skin crawl - him and Wheels are pedophiles.

God damn, I miss Harry.
This discussion has been closed.