***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Please no Sheets,Shields,Lilly. I'd be happy with Oswalt,Westbrook,Myers, Haren and i'm not even sure if he's on the block but Zach Duke.
    would you like zack greinke too :roll: :lol::lol: . hes if you want either oswalt, haren or greinke or duke your gonna have to give up brown. you aren't gonna get those guys on cheap. you can lilly or westbrook on the cheap very easily.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    metsfan wrote:
    Please no Sheets,Shields,Lilly. I'd be happy with Oswalt,Westbrook,Myers, Haren and i'm not even sure if he's on the block but Zach Duke.
    would you like zack greinke too :roll: :lol::lol: . hes if you want either oswalt, haren or greinke or duke your gonna have to give up brown. you aren't gonna get those guys on cheap. you can lilly or westbrook on the cheap very easily.

So Zach fucking Duke is worth the #1 prospect in baseball........oooooookay. If I hear Zach Duke's name brought up again in a positive light I'm revoking your baseball card and going to bleed from my eyes.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,221
    metsfan wrote:

So Zach fucking Duke is worth the #1 prospect in baseball........oooooookay. If I hear Zach Duke's name brought up again in a positive light I'm revoking your baseball card and going to bleed from my eyes.

well then you'll be pleased to know that he has never allowed a home run in 19 1/3 career innings in Philadelphia....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    well then you'll be pleased to know that he has never allowed a home run in 19 1/3 career innings in Philadelphia....
    [/quote]

SWEET! Then make it happen! Brown, Werth, Halladay, and Utley. Straight up. Make it happen.
    metsfan wrote:
    would you like zack greinke too :roll: :lol::lol: . if you want either oswalt, haren or greinke or duke your gonna have to give up brown. you aren't gonna get those guys on cheap. you can lilly or westbrook on the cheap very easily.

hey don't blame me, blame jamminpearls for the zach duke mentioned. he's the same guy that want's soria or greinkie :lol::lol: .

i didn't say he's worth the #1 prospect in baseball. want and worth are 2 totally different things. next time try reading a post before making quick judgements.

metsfan wrote:

Maybe someone needs to see who they grouped Duke in with; remember, jokes aren't funny when they only make sense to you.
    edited July 2010
    metsfan wrote:

Maybe someone needs to see who they grouped Duke in with; remember, jokes aren't funny when they only make sense to you.
    zach duke on a good team would be much better then 3-8. seriously go put him on sox or rays and reds and i bet you he'd have a 8-3 record. i too would be 3-8 if i played infront of no one and still got paid nice money. i lumped duke into that group cause to me he's a #1 starter or 1a. anyone would love to have him on their team.

i'm surprised your buddies cliffy or the fixer haven't come to your defense :roll: :lol::lol:
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

edited July 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

zach duke on a good team would be much better then 3-8. seriously go put him on sox or rays and reds and i bet you he'd have a 8-3 record. i too would be 3-8 if i played infront of no one and still got paid nice money.

I can't believe I'm having a conversation about Zack Duke. Go look at the dude's stats outside of his record. There's no defense for sucking at pitching. And the last time I checked, David Ortiz can't hit homeruns while his sucky ass pitcher sucks it up on the mound sucking more than anyone has sucked in the realm of suck.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... za01.shtml
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

zach duke on a good team would be much better then 3-8. seriously go put him on sox or rays and reds and i bet you he'd have a 8-3 record. i too would be 3-8 if i played infront of no one and still got paid nice money.

um, no he wouldn't. you have to be able to get guys out in order to earn wins. duke would be good if he could get guys out...but he can't.

zach duke is horrible. now let's move on. we've wasted way too much time on him already. let's talk about oliver perez instead. what's he up to these days (besides stealing money)?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Number 1 starters dot have a whip of 1.7. That's all on him.

I can't believe I'm having a conversation about Zack Duke. Go look at the dude's stats outside of his record. There's no defense for sucking at pitching. And the last time I checked, David Ortiz can't hit homeruns while his sucky ass pitcher sucks it up on mound sucking more than anyone has sucked in the realm of suck.

look at the team he's playing on. its pure baseball hell.

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I wouldn't give up D.Brown for anyone he's gonna be a stud. Secondly if they can swing a Werth and prospects 3 team trade and land Oswalt,i'd be very happy. I don't care what any of the 3 amigos say Zach Duke is a talented 27yr old pitcher. Has he pitched bad yeah but when u play for a shit team how can your moral be good. The pirates get there ass kicked year in and year out would u wanna be there? Put him on a winning team and i'd bet anyone he'd be a solid #3 pitcher especially on this team.
    Go Birds!!!!
    metsfan wrote:

I can't believe I'm having a conversation about Zack Duke. Go look at the dude's stats outside of his record. There's no defense for sucking at pitching. And the last time I checked, David Ortiz can't hit homeruns while his sucky ass pitcher sucks it up on mound sucking more than anyone has sucked in the realm of suck.

And that has nothing to do with every walk and hit given up per inning, which borders near two an inning mind you. There's good pitchers on bad teams out there. And Duke is not one of them. Know why? Those pitchers still have good stats outside of wins and losses.
    I wouldn't give up D.Brown for anyone he's gonna be a stud. Secondly if they can swing a Werth and prospects 3 team trade and land Oswalt,i'd be very happy. I don't care what any of the 3 amigos say Zach Duke is a talented 27yr old pitcher. Has he pitched bad yeah but when u play for a shit team how can your moral be good. The pirates get there ass kicked year in and year out would u wanna be there? Put him on a winning team and i'd bet anyone he'd be a solid #3 pitcher especially on this team.

ok, let's break this down. give me one reason that you think zach duke is good.

zack greinke is pretty good and he's on a team that's just as bad as the pirates. felix hernandez is good and the mariners suck. strasburg is good and the nats aren't good.

so the argument that someone can't have success on a bad team is pretty fucking weak. schilling on the phils back in the day is another one.
    metsfan wrote:

And that has nothing to do with every walk and hit given up per inning, which borders near two an inning mind you. There's good pitchers on bad teams out there. And Duke is not one of them. Know why? Those pitchers still have good stats outside of wins and losses.
    dude what motivation does he have pitching in baseball hell and still collecting a fat check. he could go 4-18 with a 4.50 era and people in baseball still won't care. no the pirates just suck period unlike other teams. i can't believe i'm even defending this wasted talent.

metsfan wrote:
    dude what motivation does he have pitching in baseball hell and still collecting a fat check. he could go 4-18 with a 4.50 era and people in baseball still won't care. no the pirates just suck period unlike other teams. i can't believe i'm even defending this wasted talent.

I can't believe you are either. Like said above, what does Grienke, Oswalt, Haren, Strasburg have to play for?
    Sounds like it is oswalt and werth will be involved. I am brilliant... Maybe
    metsfan wrote:

I can't believe you are either. Like said above, what does Grienke, Oswalt, Haren, Strasburg have to play for?
    ok the fact you lumped in stratsburg is as silly as me in lumping duke into the mix. what has stratsburg done in the majors. has he won a cy young yet or been anywhere good.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

And where are you getting your info from, Jambi?
    The Fixer wrote:

ok, let's break this down. give me one reason that you think zach duke is good.

zack greinke is pretty good and he's on a team that's just as bad as the pirates. felix hernandez is good and the mariners suck. strasburg is good and the nats aren't good.

so the argument that someone can't have success on a bad team is pretty fucking weak. schilling on the phils back in the day is another one.

I never put him in the category of any of them i said a solid #3 can u read??? He's still young enough and has had good to decent years in the past and he would come cheap enought to see what the kid can do when he's pitching with confidence. 11-16 with a 4.06 era and 213innings is a decent year for a kid who only knows what losing is. I forgot that if thefixer,cliffy and pam disagrees its wrong i didn't get the memo that you 3 are always right. Maybe next time PJ's in town u can hand deliever it to me,i'd love to meet and share a beer with such baseball royalty.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I forgot that if thefixer,cliffy and pam disagrees its wrong i didn't get the memo that you 3 are always right. Maybe next time PJ's in town u can hand deliever it to me,i'd love to meet and share a beer with such baseball royalty.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you can come talk bout the phils in the mets thread with us met fans. least we won't attack you all at once. :lol::lol::lol:

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oswalt would be nice, but I'm bracing myself to see the package amaro gives up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

starks Twitter says they have been working hard for oswalt and mentioed werth
    metsfan wrote:
    ok the fact you lumped in stratsburg is as silly as me in lumping duke into the mix. what has stratsburg done in the majors. has he won a cy young yet or been anywhere good.

Nah, nah, nah. Let's not get off the subject who you are lumping Duke in with. Oh, and Strasburg has stuck out more batters in his amount of starts than ANY pitcher in the history of modern ball. Also the only pitcher to strike out 10+ and walk 1 or less in his first start. The only one. In the 110+ years of the modern game. The only one. And on an unrelated note, he's the only athlete EVER to rival Jordan in the sense of selling more of his own merchandise at a visitor's ballpark.

And jamminpearls, they're not looking for a 3. And if you wanna take a 3 from Pittsburgh, I'll take Maholm, Ohlendorf, and Karstens all before Duke. That's if I ever wanted anything from Pitt that's not a stud. Yeah, moving on...
    edited July 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

starks Twitter says they have been working hard for oswalt and mentioed werth

Hmm. I'm tellin ya, I've been feeling this trade for quite a bit now. This way they prepare for 2011 without looking like they're totally giving up on this season. I just hope this doesn't pressure Brown and regress him. They better not let him bat better than 6th all season. Right in the 7 hole, 6 at best.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Funny thing is all i wrote is i don't know if he's availbilty but i like zach duke. Stud #1 starter never came from me. And as long we don't give up Brown i dont care what minor leaguer we trade.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Funny thing is all i wrote is i don't know if he's availbilty but i like zach duke. Stud #1 starter never came from me. And as long we don't give up Brown i dont care what minor leaguer we trade.

That is the funny thing. Why you would bring up Zack Duke's name is beyond me.
    edited July 2010

Nah, nah, nah. Let's not get off the subject who you are lumping Duke in with. Oh, and Strasburg has stuck out more batters in his amount of starts than ANY pitcher in the history of modern ball. Also the only pitcher to strike out 10+ and walk 1 or less in his first start. The only one. In the 110+ years of the modern game. The only one. And on an unrelated note, he's the only athlete EVER to rival Jordan in the sense of selling more of his own merchandise at a visitor's ballpark.

And jamminpearls, they're not looking for a 3. And if you wanna take a 3 from Pittsburgh, I'll take Maholm, Ohlendorf, and Karstens all before Duke. That's if I ever wanted anything from Pitt that's not a stud. Yeah, moving on...
    has he won a cy young yet, has he been to the all star game yet, has he won rookie of the year or even a world series. you can throw all these lame stats at me but his record and the fact is he hasn't done shit speaks more volume to me then anything. he needs to win something and he's not winning rookie of the year or the cy young this year.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

I'd be hesitant to give up singleton, colvin, or cosart. The three of them will be top 100 prospects next year. Amaro will probably give up all 3.

I'm done with the Zach Duke stuff. I'm taking the high road
    Olney says the phillies have not discussed haren, sheets or any of the rays pitchers as of earlier tonight. Looks like you guys are spending with the big boys now...welcome.
This discussion has been closed.