***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:

Nah, nah, nah. Let's not get off the subject who you are lumping Duke in with. Oh, and Strasburg has stuck out more batters in his amount of starts than ANY pitcher in the history of modern ball. Also the only pitcher to strike out 10+ and walk 1 or less in his first start. The only one. In the 110+ years of the modern game. The only one. And on an unrelated note, he's the only athlete EVER to rival Jordan in the sense of selling more of his own merchandise at a visitor's ballpark.

And jamminpearls, they're not looking for a 3. And if you wanna take a 3 from Pittsburgh, I'll take Maholm, Ohlendorf, and Karstens all before Duke. That's if I ever wanted anything from Pitt that's not a stud. Yeah, moving on...
    has he won a cy young yet, has he been to the all star game yet, has he won rookie of the year or even a world series. you can throw all these lame stats at me but his record and the fact is he hasn't done shit speaks more volume to me then anything he needs to win something and he's not winning rookie of the year or the cy young this year.

must be a full moon tonight
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    Funny thing is all i wrote is i don't know if he's availbilty but i like zach duke. Stud #1 starter never came from me. And as long we don't give up Brown i dont care what minor leaguer we trade.

I'd be hesitant to give up singleton, colvin, or cosart. The three of them will be top 100 prospects next year. Amaro will probably give up all 3.

I'm done with the Zach Duke stuff. I'm taking the high road

I'd give up Singleton. I know he's been solid, but he's young and there's a ceiling at first past AAA.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Funny thing is all i wrote is i don't know if he's availbilty but i like zach duke. Stud #1 starter never came from me. And as long we don't give up Brown i dont care what minor leaguer we trade.

That is the funny thing. Why you would bring up Zack Duke's name is beyond me.
    I'm sorry almighty baseball god,for making a comment that you and your pals didn't like. Have u ever been wrong about a player ever in your awesome life? If i'm a betting man and i am i'm allin that you've been wrong many many times.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Can someone show me who's under contract in 2011 and past that, if including Oswalt, and what the money situation looks like? And if you don't feel like doing all the nerd work, could you point me in the right direction?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Olney says the phillies have not discussed haren, sheets or any of the rays pitchers as of earlier tonight. Looks like you guys are spending with the big boys now...welcome.

nah, amaro is gonna trade halladay a few hours after they get oswalt
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Nah, nah, nah. Let's not get off the subject who you are lumping Duke in with. Oh, and Strasburg has stuck out more batters in his amount of starts than ANY pitcher in the history of modern ball. Also the only pitcher to strike out 10+ and walk 1 or less in his first start. The only one. In the 110+ years of the modern game. The only one. And on an unrelated note, he's the only athlete EVER to rival Jordan in the sense of selling more of his own merchandise at a visitor's ballpark.

And jamminpearls, they're not looking for a 3. And if you wanna take a 3 from Pittsburgh, I'll take Maholm, Ohlendorf, and Karstens all before Duke. That's if I ever wanted anything from Pitt that's not a stud. Yeah, moving on...
    has he won a cy young yet, has he been to the all star game yet, has he won rookie of the year or even a world series. you can throw all these lame stats at me but his record and the fact is he hasn't done shit speaks more volume to me then anything he needs to win something and he's not winning rookie of the year or the cy young this year.

must be a full moon tonight
    you know what get back to me when he does something like dr. k did his first 3 years until then i won't believe the hype hows that for stats for you since you like to drool over stats.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Can someone show me who's under contract in 2011 and past that, if including Oswalt, and what the money situation looks like? And if you don't feel like doing all the nerd work, could you point me in the right direction?

this site is amazing

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/
    metsfan wrote:

you know what get back to me when he does something like dr. k did his first 3 years until then i won't believe the hype hows that for stats for you since you like to drool over stats.

all you gotta do is watch strasburg pitch to know he's a stud. Just watch the games...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jp, I would post the link but I am on my phone. Google "cots baseball contracts" click on the phillies and then 2011-2014 obligations.

Oh and you're welcome. It might be the bet baseball site around.
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

all you gotta do is watch strasburg pitch to know he's a stud. Just watch the games...
    SS is a stud now and will be for a long long time if he stays healthy.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Fixer beat me to it
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

i have and i wasn't impressed at all. get back to me when he strikes out 20 batters like wood or goes 25-4 in his 2nd year like dr. k did.

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 20 at 10:07pm CST]

10:06pm: Ed Price of AOL FanHouse hears that the Astros may be close to presenting Oswalt with a trade scenario for him to consider (Twitter link). There's no guarantee that Oswalt would accept a deal to Philly.

And, yeah, I'm on Cot's now. Thank yous.

And I hope Jay Werth played his last game in a Phils uniform tonight. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

SS is a stud now and will be for a long long time if he stays healthy.
    keyword there is IF

i hope he turns out to be a bust. def don't wanna deal wit him for the next 10 years.

Check out the latest update jp. Amaro and astros saying nothing is close, along with a few other teams.
    I am a junkie for baseball trades fellas. I love this shit. These big trades are awesome but the small ones to imrpove teams benches and shit are great too. Hinske and hairston were great pickups for the yanks last year.
    Is there any chance in a 3 team trade with we get carlos lee and oswalt? If we traded raul and prospects to Hou and Werth and whatever to another team. lee even though his numbers are way down and he makes 19mil could play lf,shane in cf and brown in right. lee is a righty which they would need if they lose werth. I doubt it could happen cause of money and IM NOT SAYING i'd do it i'm just curious if it could happen.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am a junkie for baseball trades fellas. I love this shit. These big trades are awesome but the small ones to imrpove teams benches and shit are great too. Hinske and hairston were great pickups for the yanks last year.

I'm the same way with this shit. I love reading about prospects too. There is way more trading activity in baseball than the other sports combined. Just another reason why baseball is the best sport
    Is there any chance in a 3 team trade with we get carlos lee and oswalt? If we traded raul and prospects to Hou and Werth and whatever to another team. lee even though his numbers are way down and he makes 19mil could play lf,shane in cf and brown in right. lee is a righty which they would need if they lose werth. I doubt it could happen cause of money and IM NOT SAYING i'd do it i'm just curious if it could happen.
    i bet lee has bad saberstupidmetrics numbers. better not get him.

:P

Even if you took Werth and traded him to, say, Boston and took their prospects and packaged them with some of your prospects you gotta put yourself in Houston's shoes - why would they want an aging left fielder that has clearly seen his better days? What are they getting out of it?
    metsfan wrote:

he's a fat cow that is rapidly declining. I know he signed a huge contract a few years ago...no clue how many years are left on that deal. I'm sure houston would love to get rid of that contract, so including ibanez and lee in a deal isn't a crazy thought
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

he's a fat cow that is rapidly declining. I know he signed a huge contract a few years ago...no clue how many years are left on that deal. I'm sure houston would love to get rid of that contract, so including ibanez and lee in a deal isn't a crazy thought

All I know is it would take a lot for that to happen, and I don't see it being worth it. If you're gonna pay Lee, why not wait it out and see if the Yanks do or do not sign Crawford. He's worth 19 mil a lot more than Lee is.

Even if you took Werth and traded him to, say, Boston and took their prospects and packaged them with some of your prospects you gotta put yourself in Houston's shoes - why would they want an aging left fielder that has clearly seen his better days? What are they getting out of it?
    Cause he makes alot less then Lee and plays the same posotion, Lee salary is huge.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

fat cow

thats funny

i'm sure houston would get rid of lee in a heartbeat. who wouldn't wanna get rid of a contract like that. i'm sorry but if the phils bought in lee i'd really question your gm's thinking.

The Fixer wrote:

All I know is it would take a lot for that to happen, and I don't see it being worth it. If you're gonna pay Lee, why not wait it out and see if the Yanks do or do not sign Crawford. He's worth 19 mil a lot more than Lee is.

I agree with you. Just saying that houston might come to phils and say 'if you want oswalt, you have to take Lee's contract too...and we'll take Ibanez for the last year, to go with 3 of your top prospects'.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree with you. Just saying that houston might come to phils and say 'if you want oswalt, you have to take Lee's contract too...and we'll take Ibanez for the last year, to go with 3 of your top prospects'.

Yuck. Then you're stuck with Lee through 2012 with possibly the same situation as Ibanez. Maybe you can give them enough prospects via Boston, get Oswalt and Lee, then turn and trade Lee to maybe Tampa or something. I don't know. I'm looking to get out of a bad situation at left field.
    Lee makes 19 up until 2012,i wouldn't be shocked if this happen. I called the Mcnabb to wash trade weeks before it happen,ask the jeags. He called me crazy just like u 3 amigos have,but i'm right alot,u gotta think off the wall sometimes.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Jammin, the blue jays tried doing that last year with halladay and Vernon wells, which fixer I know you hate the ryan Howard deal but vernon wells is the worst contract on baseball, even though he is having a better year.

How about that for a run on sentence? I lost my breath just typing it.
    Lee makes 19 up until 2012,i wouldn't be shocked if this happen. I called the Mcnabb to wash trade weeks before it happen,ask the jeags. He called me crazy just like u 3 amigos have,but i'm right alot,u gotta think off the wall sometimes.

Dude, no offense, but stop rubbing your vagina. I'm not going out of my way to call you right or wrong, but if it makes you feel better that you're right then more power to you. Jesus H Christ.
This discussion has been closed.