***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Another bad move from Amaro that is never talked about, picking up Rollins option so early. So unnecessary.

Yeah, man. Been drinking by myself all night.

She had her neices over and I am not a real good sleeper unless I am in my bed, then I can sleep all day. Bar next door was a little loud, figured I would just drink myself to sleep then we got talking baseballm, haha.

I actually think rollins is a bargain. 8 mill a year just for his defense is cool with me. Of course that was a gillick contract. Amaro just exercised the team option. It could have been for 18 mill and he would have done it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    hahahahahahahha, Votto is under team control for the forseeable future and is getting paid $550k. ha.

Alright man, I gotta try and pass the fuck out. Been real. You know your baseball, good people
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Another bad move from Amaro that is never talked about, picking up Rollins option so early. So unnecessary.

Yeah, man. Been drinking by myself all night.

She had her neices over and I am not a real good sleeper unless I am in my bed, then I can sleep all day. Bar next door was a little loud, figured I would just drink myself to sleep then we got talking baseballm, haha.

I actually think rollins is a bargain. 8 mill a year just for his defense is cool with me. Of course that was a gillick contract. Amaro just exercised the team option. It could have been for 18 mill and he would have done it.

Just unnecessary though. If dude gets drilled in the head (almost happened tonight) and does not come back the same, what happens? Just unnecessary business. I HATE EARLY CONTRACT EXTENSIONS!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yep, a simple search of the word "dynasty" will show you that it has been mentioned around here.
    whata subtle cheap shot by the yanks fan

well played cliffy

:lol::lol: :thumbup:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

hhhahahhaha, you are stuck with bay, canadian baseball players, haha (sorry to our canadian friends on here). Any trade for Lee has to be around Mejia or Flores. Mejia is hurt right now, right?

Agreed that the Mets are too concerned with the back page headlines, always have been.

I think Votto and Morneau are a couple of pretty good Canucks. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

hhhahahhaha, you are stuck with bay, canadian baseball players, haha (sorry to our canadian friends on here). Any trade for Lee has to be around Mejia or Flores. Mejia is hurt right now, right?

Agreed that the Mets are too concerned with the back page headlines, always have been.

Haha, very true. Although I must admit I was not aware Votto was Canadian.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,500
    joe blanton sucks.
    www.myspace.com
    Drabek tossed a no hitter today in Double A.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,221
    Solat13 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The most interesting thing about Morneau and his being Canadien is his major league debut was in 2003 against the Rockies and Larry Walker whom he idolizes. Also in that game was fellow Canadien Corey Koskie. And why do I know this? Because I wrote that game recap for the wire service I used to work for.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

didn't need to see that right now.

thanks.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

thanks.

Yeah, well...that guy he was traded for pitched a perfect game in the majors...

And fuckin' Adam Eaton once threw a no hitter in AA. Of course, he even LOST that game... :lol:
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

thanks.

Yeah, well...that guy he was traded for pitched a perfect game in the majors...

And fuckin' Adam Eaton once threw a no hitter in AA. Of course, he even LOST that game... :lol:

joe blanton looks a lot like adam eaton these days...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

Joe Blanton isn't even close to Adam Eaton. Adam Eaton was probably the biggest pus-- this town has even seen. Blanton is struggling no doubt, but big Joe has some balls. I'd still trust Blanton in a big spot. In my opinion Charlie totally f'd up last year not starting him in the playoffs over Pedro.
    pjhawks wrote:

Joe Blanton isn't even close to Adam Eaton. Adam Eaton was probably the biggest pus-- this town has even seen. Blanton is struggling no doubt, but big Joe has some balls. I'd still trust Blanton in a big spot. In my opinion Charlie totally f'd up last year not starting him in the playoffs over Pedro.

oh really? he f'd up by not starting him over pedro? you've only said that at least 100 times in here.

i know blanton's better than eaton. just frustrated by how bad he has been this year. if anything, his era certainly looks a lot like eaton's at this point.
    www.myspace.com
    Yankees broadcast last night said the Phillies had a scout in Oakland scouting Ben Sheets.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yankees broadcast last night said the Phillies had a scout in Oakland scouting Ben Sheets.

what is this 2007? ben sheets...what's he look like this year?
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what is this 2007? ben sheets...what's he look like this year?

Looked pretty good last night. Had his longest outing of the year. Pitched into the 8th and gave up 3 runs. His numbers are not all that hot so far this year but he looked pretty good.
    pjhawks wrote:

oh really? he f'd up by not starting him over pedro? you've only said that at least 100 times in here.

i know blanton's better than eaton. just frustrated by how bad he has been this year. if anything, his era certainly looks a lot like eaton's at this point.

I agree with pjhawks here. I don't mind blanton...if anything I think manuel has left him into games too long. He did miss what, 2 months...he's just getting back into game shape. he'll be fine.

andy ashby was a bigger vag than even eaton. honorable mention to gavin floyd, who I was surprised never cried on the mound while wearing a phils uniform
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I read this morning that they are looking at livan hernandez too.

god help us
    of course I am going to the games tonight, tomorrow, and saturday (finally get to see halladay). I fucking hate this weather
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    of course I am going to the games tonight, tomorrow, and saturday (finally get to see halladay). I fucking hate this weather

LOVE IT. Seriously - I should be living in Del Boca Vista with the A/C off all summer.

To me, you gotta sweep this series, which of course won't happen.
    The Fixer wrote:

LOVE IT. Seriously - I should be living in Del Boca Vista with the A/C off all summer.

you working saturday? thinking about taking the train to the game
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you working saturday? thinking about taking the train to the game

Nah, worked this past Saturday. Next time will be in 2 weeks.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I agree with pjhawks here. I don't mind blanton...if anything I think manuel has left him into games too long. He did miss what, 2 months...he's just getting back into game shape. he'll be fine.

andy ashby was a bigger vag than even eaton. honorable mention to gavin floyd, who I was surprised never cried on the mound while wearing a phils uniform

he only missed april and has an era in the mid 6's right now...i agree with manual keeping him games too long. he's not doing him any favors...especially sunday's game. but blanton should've been in game shape way before now. its july for christ's sake.
    www.myspace.com
    happ optioned to lehigh...as expected.
    www.myspace.com
    come on ibanez...blow out a knee....

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... oster.html
    Amaro: Phils will consider dealing off big league roster

Ruben Amaro Jr. had a few interesting things to say earlier this evening as he addressed the Phillies' search for pitching and infield depth.

First, he said that he would consider dealing a player off of his big league roster if he felt it would upgrade the overall competitiveness of the club.

"Obviously I don't want to weaken my club," Amaro said, "but if I have to weaken one area to strengthen another, I might do that."

Second, he said that Domonic Brown has played his way into consideration for a promotion at some point this season, although he stressed that the top prospect's 12 games at Triple-A are still too few to render a judgment on his readiness for the big leagues.

"The players dictate their progress, and he's dictating it," Amaro said.

Those two statements are related, of course. The Phillies two most tradeable quantities, at least when it comes to the starting line-up, are outfielders. Right fielder Jayson Werth will be a free agent after the season, and thus far the two sides have not come close to reaching an agreement on a contract extension. Center fielder Shane Victorino, meanwhile, is signed to a three-year, $22 million contract that runs through the 2012 season. Veteran left fielder Raul Ibanez likely would not attract much attention, given his contract (the Phillies owe him $11.5 million next season) and the decline in power numbers he has experienced this season.

Brown plays right field, but Werth can play center field as well, which is why moving Victorino would still leave the Phillies with some flexibility.

Amaro declined to address any specific names, either on his own roster or that of another major league team.

But the Phillies are looking for a pitcher to bolster their rotation and an infielder to fill the void left by Chase Utley at second base. If he had to choose one, Amaro said he would choose a pitcher. The Phillies are also open to adding a bullpen arm, but their top priority is a starter.

Of course, they had a starter back in December. His name was Cliff Lee, and they traded him to Seattle citing the need to replenish the farm system. Amaro said he does not regret the move.

"If we had Cliff Lee, we wouldn't have Roy Halladay," Amaro said.

But if they can trade for a pitcher now, why couldn't they have kept both Lee and Halladay?

"Time and circumstance dictates some of the things you can and cannot do," Amaro said. "We just felt like we were in a position to be able to hold one guy and not to hold the other guy. We had to put ourselves in a position not to leave our club and our organization with the cupboard bare. By moving all of this talent from our organization, it just made it very difficult to continue to be able to do business long term. "
    www.myspace.com
    Way to leave Howard on third with no outs, douche bags.
    happ optioned to lehigh...as expected.

yawn. he stinks

werth should be cut for his AB there. absolutely horrendous. cost them the game

game went to extras and they still only got 3 hits. that should have been enough to win, but werths' AB fucked them.

this weather is worse than AIDS. been home for 2 hours and was finally able to peel my undies off my ass
    The Fixer wrote:

werth should be cut for his AB there. absolutely horrendous. cost them the game

game went to extras and they still only got 3 hits. that should have been enough to win, but werths' AB fucked them.

this weather is worse than AIDS. been home for 2 hours and was finally able to peel my undies off my ass

That ump was absolutely horrendous. Not saying that's an excuse. Werth - this whole team actually - has done shit in bunches.
This discussion has been closed.