***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    jim salisbury just said the phils are looking at a number of different guys. he named pedro feliz. if amaro trades for feliz I'm starting a bring back ed wade campaign

Yeah, and they made nothing sound good about Utley. Sounding more and more like it's going to be the season. If - and a huuge if - they make the playoffs, then maybe we'll see Chase. Gotta get a starter and 2nd/3rd guy. All prospects should be trade bait except Dom Brown right now.

I figure they get Polly back at the end of his DL stint. The Phils have been in this position before. If there's a positive spin to put on this, it is they've done this before and maybe this is the exact kind of stress they need. Maybe they need to rally the troops like they did in '05, '06(sorta), '07, and '08.

next 2 weeks leading up to all star break are crucial. this sounds crazy, but that upcoming braves series could be their season. they get swept, they might be done

only 3.5 games back but it feels like 20 games right now
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    jim salisbury just said the phils are looking at a number of different guys. he named pedro feliz. if amaro trades for feliz I'm starting a bring back ed wade campaign

Yeah, and they made nothing sound good about Utley. Sounding more and more like it's going to be the season. If - and a huuge if - they make the playoffs, then maybe we'll see Chase. Gotta get a starter and 2nd/3rd guy. All prospects should be trade bait except Dom Brown right now.

I figure they get Polly back at the end of his DL stint. The Phils have been in this position before. If there's a positive spin to put on this, it is they've done this before and maybe this is the exact kind of stress they need. Maybe they need to rally the troops like they did in '05, '06(sorta), '07, and '08.

next 2 weeks leading up to all star break are crucial. this sounds crazy, but that upcoming braves series could be their season. they get swept, they might be done

only 3.5 games back but it feels like 20 games right now

Absolutely huge.
    Gimme Tejada or Wigginton.

I'd take lopez over those two. He's probably gonna cost you the most though. Any of those three options would be cool.

I just realized we are discussing ty wigginton to save the phils season. fuck me. I'm going to play in traffic
    ruh roh

Orioles Call Up Josh Bell
    By Mike Axisa [July 1 at 3:54pm CST]
    3:54pm: MLB.com's Brittany Ghiroli spoke to Orioles' president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail, who denied that Bell's promotion had anything to do with a pending trade of either Tejada or Ty Wigginton (Twitter link).

3:08pm: With Luke Scott headed to the disabled list, the Orioles have called up top prospect Josh Bell from Triple-A according to a team press release. Bell was acquired from the Dodgers in the George Sherrill trade last year, and he's batting seventh in tonight's lineup.

This is Bell's first time in the big leagues, so the team has already delayed his free agency and arbitration eligibility by one season. The 23-year-old was hitting .266/.311/.455 with 24 doubles and ten homers in 309 Triple-A plate appearances before being called up.

Since Bell is a third baseman, it's reasonable to think that this move is the first step towards a Miguel Tejada trade, with the team getting a look at his replacement before they go ahead and take the plunge. The Phillies, Twins, and Angels could all be suitors for the 2002 AL MVP, who is in tonight's lineup as the designated hitter.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Gimme Tejada or Wigginton.

I'd take lopez over those two. He's probably gonna cost you the most though. Any of those three options would be cool.

I just realized we are discussing ty wigginton to save the phils season. fuck me. I'm going to play in traffic

Hey, he's like a versatile Dobbs, and he's stroking the ball right now. Who'd a thunk Tad Iguchi would've been a guiding light in 2007?

Don't like Lopez too much. Nice player, but I think Wigginton's bat would play a lot better here. But Tejada first and foremost. Like you said, either wouldn't cost as much so that's a plus - they're both older, I LOOOVE Tejada's stroke, and more than anything you would be taking on the bulk of salary for lesser tier prospects. Do something right, and go get 'em, Rube.
    Polanco likely out 3-4 weeks. Amazing. Biiiig trades coming...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    Polanco likely out 3-4 weeks. Amazing. Biiiig trades coming...
    \
    Utley out 2 months! :shock: This sucks big time.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    sinking_ship.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,502
    edited July 2010
    the guy who runs the dj/photo/video place where we're going through for our wedding is boys with amaro. went to high school with him and has done work for some of the phils video yearbooks over the years....met with him last night. he said they're downplaying the utley injury and to prepare for him being out for rest of regular season.

along with predicting multiple big-ish trades, he said he thinks dom brown's gonna be called up a lot sooner than people think.

take it for what it's worth...

oh yeah. his place also has awesome package deals if you're looking for such services.

that is all.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    sinking_ship.jpg

come on.

my uncle was on that fucking ship man.

have some decency...
    www.myspace.com
    sinking_ship.jpg

come on.

have some decency...

The Andrea Doria?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    sinking_ship.jpg

come on.

have some decency...

it took like 12 hours to sink. aren't the amazing stories of Contanza far worse than the Adnrea Doria sinking?
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Not sure if you guys saw this on ESPN this morning:

Happ not returning to starting five?

Despite being eligible to come off the disabled list and nearing the end of his rehab stint, J.A. Happ may not figure into the Phillies plans for their starting rotation, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

Stark notes that Happ's struggles on rehab are part of the reason they are out scouting starting pitching and that the left-hander, who has yielded 27 hits in 19 1/3 innings in the minors, including four home runs, is likely to be optioned to Triple-A once his rehab time is up if the Phillies don't believe he's ready to help them.

According to Friday's Philly Daily News, the Phillies are still not satisfied with the sharpness of Happ's pitches, particularly his ability to locate his fastball.

The Phillies want to see improvement before Happ is activated. Kyle Kendrick would likely be the odd man out in the rotation when and if Happ returns.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Gimme Wigginton.
    so you want someone who was drafted by the mets

:lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Were in serious trouble here imo.All the injuries and the horrible trade seems to have finially caught up with us.And my biggiest fear is that cliff lee goes to the muts. And worst of all is that starting pitching has been better then anyone could have seen coming. The oldman is pitching better and better almost every outing.Imo I'd trade Werth cause I doubt he'll resign here. Werth and Happ and kendrick to Sea for Lee. Resign Lee and let Domonic Brown tear it up. The time is now for him,its ashame his talent is being wasted in the minors.Go Phils get this shit turned around now.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Were in serious trouble here imo.All the injuries and the horrible trade seems to have finially caught up with us.And my biggiest fear is that cliff lee goes to the muts. And worst of all is that starting pitching has been better then anyone could have seen coming. The oldman is pitching better and better almost every outing.Imo I'd trade Werth cause I doubt he'll resign here. Werth and Happ and kendrick to Sea for Lee. Resign Lee and let Domonic Brown tear it up. The time is now for him,its ashame his talent is being wasted in the minors.Go Phils get this shit turned around now.

if Amaro trades back for Lee he needs to be fired on the spot.

i actually don't have a problem trading Werth. Bring up Mayberry and Brown and let them platoon along with Ibanez and Francisco
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Seattle does not want werth. They want top prospects under team control
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    sinking_ship.jpg

come on.

have some decency...

The Andrea Doria?

"Women and Children First!!"
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:

i actually don't have a problem trading Werth. Bring up Mayberry and Brown and let them platoon along with Ibanez and Francisco
    I wouldn't mind him trading for lee as I said when the trade happen I'd rather have kept lee and the prospects then add doc. I know there's no chance of him coming back but man I'd love it to happen.what they should really do is get brown up here and tell raul your his backup but since money is involved it won't happen. I not sure what mayberry is up to but since he hasn't been up yet I'd assume not much.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    I wouldn't mind him trading for lee as I said when the trade happen I'd rather have kept lee and the prospects then add doc. I know there's no chance of him coming back but man I'd love it to happen.what they should really do is get brown up here and tell raul your his backup but since money is involved it won't happen. I not sure what mayberry is up to but since he hasn't been up yet I'd assume not much.

Mayberry in AAA .246/.311/.419 OPS .730 10 HR 41 RBIs in 70 games
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    sinking_ship.jpg

You know what, it's so painful that I actually found this hilarious
    Solat13 wrote:
    Not sure if you guys saw this on ESPN this morning:

Happ not returning to starting five?

Despite being eligible to come off the disabled list and nearing the end of his rehab stint, J.A. Happ may not figure into the Phillies plans for their starting rotation, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

Stark notes that Happ's struggles on rehab are part of the reason they are out scouting starting pitching and that the left-hander, who has yielded 27 hits in 19 1/3 innings in the minors, including four home runs, is likely to be optioned to Triple-A once his rehab time is up if the Phillies don't believe he's ready to help them.

According to Friday's Philly Daily News, the Phillies are still not satisfied with the sharpness of Happ's pitches, particularly his ability to locate his fastball.

The Phillies want to see improvement before Happ is activated. Kyle Kendrick would likely be the odd man out in the rotation when and if Happ returns.

yeah i heard he's having trouble getting it higher than 88mph or so. i've kinda figured he wont give us anything this year...
    www.myspace.com
    Ha. Via MLBTR, the Phillies are interested in Lee but think they are a long shot since Seattle would most likely require Brown. That would be quite embarrassing for Amaro.
    the guy who runs the dj/photo/video place where we're going through for our wedding is boys with amaro. went to high school with him and has done work for some of the phils video yearbooks over the years....met with him last night. he said they're downplaying the utley injury and to prepare for him being out for rest of regular season.

along with predicting multiple big-ish trades, he said he thinks dom brown's gonna be called up a lot sooner than people think.

take it for what it's worth...

oh yeah. his place also has awesome package deals if you're looking for such services.

that is all.
    First of all, I'm drunk. Shocker

Second of all, I'm glad you're getting hooked up for your wedding. Gotta use every connection you have when planning that shit (I did same thing)

Third, I'm glad the phils have a gm that confides in djs to figure out his next move. Is this the same dj that tried toget tased? (Idiot that ran on field day after taze...had weed on him) . Ny daily news article today said mets are using every resource to acquire cliff lee. I hate amaro

Jeags, please tell us this dude is your wedding dj. That would be awesome. Me, jearlpam, and phantompain can crash your wedding....tasers blaring
    [Squote="jamminpearls"]Were in serious trouble here imo.All the injuries and the horrible trade seems to have finially caught up with us.And my biggiest fear is that cliff lee goes to the muts. And worst of all is that starting pitching has been better then anyone could have seen coming. The oldman is pitching better and better almost every outing.Imo I'd trade Werth cause I doubt he'll resign here. Werth and Happ and kendrick to Sea for Lee. Resign Lee and let Domonic Brown tear it up. The time is now for him,its ashame his talent is being wasted in the minors.Go Phils get this shit turned around now.[/quote]

I agree that they're in trouble, but you can't trade werth. Mainly because of the 25 million dollar man. They sign lee for 20 mill a year then they have 65 million locked up to 3 players. With an org cap of around 130 mill that just doesn't work. Fucking amaro...that howard deal assures they can't do anything for a decade. Worst contract in sports

One trade can get some momentum back. Nice to see victorino benched in a game they need to win. Way to go manuel. Fucking idiot.

I will say that victorino has gotten a pass. New contract and the dude has been awful
    The thing is VIctorino is not that good (in my opinion), dude talked his way on to the all star team last year (i think it was last year) and has overperformed for the last few years. Solid player for a Rule 5'er but thats about it. I think at least. I am sure 99.99% of you will disagree.
    And the Phillies can't trade Werth even if it is the smart move because it will absolutely destory morale and attendance.
    pjhawks wrote:

Your posts are usually bad, but you just proved you're clueless.

Mayberry isn't a mlb player. He might be worse than coste was.

Francisco isn't bad...most phillie fansdont realize that. I think a brown/francisco platoon would thrive. Not gonna work in a pennant chase, but id love to see it in 2011. Ibanez is the problem. I had a bad dream where he hit 2nd last night. No manager could be that dumb. In my dream amaro was managing though. It all made sense!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ny daily news article today said mets are using every resource to acquire cliff lee. I hate amaro
    no way in hell the mets get lee and then have go him to the yankees in the off season
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ha. Via MLBTR, the Phillies are interested in Lee but think they are a long shot since Seattle would most likely require Brown. That would be quite embarrassing for Amaro.

Seattle is gonna want more back that what they gave up (which wasn't much). The phils would have to trade brown AND cosart. I wouldn't put anything past amaro...even a trade like that is conceivable with him running shit.

So frustrating the direction this team is heading. Injuries have killed them, which has really exposed the shitty moves amaro has made.

Also, happ sucsks...doesn't matter if he comes back or not. Trade for lilly and one of the IFers notg named feliz
This discussion has been closed.