***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Don't think I would have believed you if you told me before the season that at the end of June, Halladay would be 9-7 in the NL.

further proof that W-L record for pitchers means nothing

tough loss today...phils botched a few plays in the field. and did nothing offensively

Agreed, just saying. Very unexpected, especially with a 2.4 something era and a 1.1 whip
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,502
    so we follow up a huge win last night with a terrible loss today...dreadfull
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    No wonder we lost today. Halladay appeared on the cover of SI this week. Damn SI jinx!

0705_thumb.jpg

bigger image

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Don't think I would have believed you if you told me before the season that at the end of June, Halladay would be 9-7 in the NL.

tough loss today...phils botched a few plays in the field. and did nothing offensively

I wouldn't say wins-losses means nothing although i agree the numbers can be skewed. Halladay choked today, can't lose that game in the last 2 innings.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I wouldn't say wins-losses means nothing although i agree the numbers can be skewed. Halladay choked today, can't lose that game in the last 2 innings.

you're crazy...werth has to catch that ball.

pitcher wins are worse than RBI
    anyone heading to pittsburgh this weekend?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You could see the REDS were catching up to Halladay

I think every starter had a hit off him then the 8th came with the meat of their order coming up

Not sure what would have been worse a tired Halladay or bringing in Contreas
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    Oh, and I can't believe we're gonna fucking lose this game because A) Werth is a terrible fielder & B) We're getting our run production from Wilson Valdez and Dane fucking Sardinha. Get the fuck outta here. Unbelievable.

that play by werth was awful. I remember someone saying he could play CF. yikes

Yeah, exactly, just because he has the range to go foul line to foul line in center doesn't mean he has the glove to go along with it. He's just absolutely too nonchalant with his catching, NEVER uses both hands, and misjudges a lot of balls. Good range, and strong arm, that's not enough to be an adequate centerfielder. Just terrible - he should be trying to be behind that ball no matter whether you think the wall is coming up behind you or not. That was the key moment of that game.

Both homers were nice pitches by Doc. Just gotta give Votto and Bruce credit for getting them out, especially Votto's. And that shouldn't be here nor there anyway - it's gonna be reeeeal scary if the only people giving you run production is the bottom third of your lineup.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Oh, and I can't believe we're gonna fucking lose this game because A) Werth is a terrible fielder & B) We're getting our run production from Wilson Valdez and Dane fucking Sardinha. Get the fuck outta here. Unbelievable.

that play by werth was awful. I remember someone saying he could play CF. yikes

Yeah, exactly, just because he has the range to go foul line to foul line in center doesn't mean he has the glove to go along with it. He's just absolutely too nonchalant with his catching, NEVER uses both hands, and misjudges a lot of balls. Good range, and strong arm, that's not enough to be an adequate centerfielder. Just terrible - he should be trying to be behind that ball no matter whether you think the wall is coming up behind you or not. That was the key moment of that game.

Both homers were nice pitches by Doc. Just gotta give Votto and Bruce credit for getting them out, especially Votto's. And that shouldn't be here nor there anyway - it's gonna be reeeeal scary if the only people giving you run production is the bottom third of your lineup.

not sure I would call the pitch bruce hit a good pitch. the pitch votto hit out was a good pitch. the ball bruce hit out was not.

bottom line is that halladay has been great. the phils have asked him to do too much. guys like howard and werth fuck up routine plays and halladay gets tired....imagine that. catch the fucking ball and halladay will do his part.

tough loss. game they needed to win with their injuries. CATCH THE FUCKING BALL. it's not that hard

I had flashbacks of bobby abreu in RF today. sorry, it's true. I'm pissed if someone on my softball team drops that ball. flat out awful
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    not sure I would call the pitch bruce hit a good pitch. the pitch votto hit out was a good pitch. the ball bruce hit out was not.

bottom line is that halladay has been great. the phils have asked him to do too much. guys like howard and werth fuck up routine plays and halladay gets tired....imagine that. catch the fucking ball and halladay will do his part.

tough loss. game they needed to win with their injuries. CATCH THE FUCKING BALL. it's not that hard

I had flashbacks of bobby abreu in RF today. sorry, it's true. I'm pissed if someone on my softball team drops that ball. flat out awful

agree Werth needs to catch that ball but does that really excuse the supposed best pitcher in baseball giving up 2 monster home runs? I don't think Halladay has been great - i think the last month or so, not including the perfect game, he has been good, not great.
    does anyone ever keep score when watching games? couple times in high school when i was dh'ing i kept score for the team. i liked doing it.

i've really had this itch to do it again lately. came close to picking a score card up last week at the game, but i resisted.

anyone else? or am i just a nerd? :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    does anyone ever keep score when watching games? couple times in high school when i was dh'ing i kept score for the team. i liked doing it.

i've really had this itch to do it again lately. came close to picking a score card up last week at the game, but i resisted.

Keeping score is awesome. I applaud anyone who does it. Those are some true fans.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Keeping score is awesome. I applaud anyone who does it. Those are some true fans.

you feel like you are a part of the game almost...do you keep score at all?
    www.myspace.com
    Via MLBTR, the Phillies are interested in Haren. haha, Should have kept Lee. It will definitely take a lot to get Haren given his contract and the fact the Dbacks gave up a lot to get him. That would mean the Phillies have $150 mil allocated to next year already. I don't see it. Not going to be easy to get a front like starter.

Would be funny if the Phillies traded Lee with only $9 mil left for peanuts then gave up more than that for a guy with $20 something mil left and not nearly as good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you feel like you are a part of the game almost...do you keep score at all?

I have, but I don't often. Usually when I go to a game with my dad I do, which does not happen often since he moved down south but I really enjoy it. I am too distracted when I am with friends or my girlfriend.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Via MLBTR, the Phillies are interested in Haren. haha, Should have kept Lee. It will definitely take a lot to get Haren given his contract and the fact the Dbacks gave up a lot to get him. That would mean the Phillies have $150 mil allocated to next year already. I don't see it. Not going to be easy to get a front like starter.

Would be funny if the Phillies traded Lee with only $9 mil left for peanuts then gave up more than that for a guy with $20 something mil left and not nearly as good.

I saw the haren thing too. I don't see it happening either. I think they should go after myers and/or lilly. both would cost less via trade and both are FA's after the year.

Every time I see or hear cliff lee's name I get pissed. amaro stinks. if lee goes to the mets I'm gonna assassinate his ass
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I saw the haren thing too. I don't see it happening either. I think they should go after myers and/or lilly. both would cost less via trade and both are FA's after the year.

Every time I see or hear cliff lee's name I get pissed. amaro stinks. if lee goes to the mets I'm gonna assassinate his ass
    :lol:
    trading for myers. it makes sense....but we'd look so stupid at the same time knowing we could have just re-signed him at the end of last season....oh boy
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

trading for myers. it makes sense....but we'd look so stupid at the same time knowing we could have just re-signed him at the end of last season....oh boy

a buddy of mine said same thing. He was coming off an injury, so I don't think it looks that bad.

I've always liked myers more than most people. He's not the brightest dude, but he has brass balls
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

a buddy of mine said same thing. He was coming off an injury, so I don't think it looks that bad.

I've always liked myers more than most people. He's not the brightest dude, but he has brass balls

yeah but because of the injury and because no gm other than eddie wade was interested means we could have signed him to home town dirt cheap discount. now we would have to give up a some prospects for him. either way, i'd take him too. read something that said he's gone 6 innings deep in each of his last 15 starts or something...
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I didn't scroll through but if its posted I apologize

Utley needs surgery out min 6 weeks

Peter Gammons reported it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Yeah, just read it. But Zolecki is saying Gammons reports 4-6 weeks. And not that I'm optimistic, but we all know Utley, and if he's slightly ready to go in 4 weeks then he's going to play.

And, Fixer - if I recall that homer from Bruce was a cutter on the outside part of the plate. And if that's the case, then pulling a cutter on the outside part of the plate is pretty damn impressive. And who ever is criticizing Halladay for giving up that homer to Votto should go back and watch where that ball was - practically at his feet. It's funny because you could see Votto adjusting the best he could to Doc in that AB. He went from his usual upright stance to squatting, then boom.

want an optimistic spin? .......if there was any issue with this knee, at least he'll be able to rest it. there, that's the best i can do.

6 weeks...i wouldn't be surpised if he's out till end of august.

i still think we'll be alright. hopefully amaro can get someone in here who is somewhat serviceable and then pull the trigger on a myers or some other mid rotation type starter. i dont think the mets or the braves are going to run away with this thing. the bravos beat up on some bad teams last month while we were going through the al east...
    www.myspace.com
    If they could get Wigginton, I'd be alright with that. Not a great glove, but a pretty decent bat - especially in contrast to Dobbs or whom ever else they'd play at second.

want an optimistic spin? .......if there was any issue with this knee, at least he'll be able to rest it. there, that's the best i can do.

6 weeks...i wouldn't be surpised if he's out till end of august.

i still think we'll be alright. hopefully amaro can get someone in here who is somewhat serviceable and then pull the trigger on a myers or some other mid rotation type starter. i dont think the mets or the braves are going to run away with this thing. the bravos beat up on some bad teams last month while we were going through the al east...

yeah, I read that he might be out until mid-september or possibly the season. seems like the phils are trying to sugar coat this injury for some reason.

I read that the phils were scouting jose lopez of seattle this week while the m's were in NY. That's the guy I want. He can play 2nd or 3rd, so he can fill in for polanco at times too if needed...or they can move polanco back to 2nd. gives them flexibility. and he's a RH bat that could hit 5th (I'd move werth into the 3 hole). the thought of amaro having to make a trade scares the hell out of me. with his recent moves I could see him trading dom brown for randy ready.

more great news...jared cosart placed on the DL today with elbow soreness. what the fuck
    i do believe that is the first time randy ready's name has been mentioned in the aet. well done fixer.

and here's the first time don carmen's name has been mentioned in the aet......Don Carmen.

who's got a jeff stone for me? anyone? anyone? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    i do believe that is the first time randy ready's name has been mentioned in the aet. well done fixer.

and here's the first time don carmen's name has been mentioned in the aet......Don Carmen.

who's got a jeff stone for me? anyone? anyone? :lol:

Nnnnnoooo, but I can give you a Steve Lake.
    jim salisbury just said the phils are looking at a number of different guys. he named pedro feliz. if amaro trades for feliz I'm starting a bring back ed wade campaign
    The Fixer wrote:
    jim salisbury just said the phils are looking at a number of different guys. he named pedro feliz. if amaro trades for feliz I'm starting a bring back ed wade campaign

Yeah, and they made nothing sound good about Utley. Sounding more and more like it's going to be the season. If - and a huuge if - they make the playoffs, then maybe we'll see Chase. Gotta get a starter and 2nd/3rd guy. All prospects should be trade bait except Dom Brown right now.

I figure they get Polly back at the end of his DL stint. The Phils have been in this position before. If there's a positive spin to put on this, it is they've done this before and maybe this is the exact kind of stress they need. Maybe they need to rally the troops like they did in '05, '06(sorta), '07, and '08.
    The Fixer wrote:
    :lol::lol:

how bout a myers and feliz package deal?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Gimme Tejada or Wigginton.
This discussion has been closed.