***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    nice, bring home a W.

Been to 8 games and still haven't seen halladay pitch.

hamels tomorrow...as I sweat my nuts off in this terrible heat

Can't wait to see the road grays at the park.

think I read that they're wearing red, not grey

Red? As in the red spring training jersey with gray pant? I thought I heard yesterday that they are definitely wearing their away uni's.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Red? As in the red spring training jersey with gray pant? I thought I heard yesterday that they are definitely wearing their away uni's.

yeah, red jerseys is what I heard/read. those jerseys would be cool if they didn't have the gay blue shit on the side/under the arms. I don't get why the phils have to force blue onto their unis. just keep it simple
    HA. They're playing intro music for the Jays when they come up to the plate, and giving them their own scoreboard graphics that they use in TO.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    It's gonna be pure hell down there tomorrow

My boy and I were gonna go the Penthouse Club after the game..not now smelling like day old sweaty gym clothes
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

My boy and I were gonna go the Penthouse Club after the game..not now smelling like day old sweaty gym clothes

I don't think those chicks are interested in your smell. They'll lick your BO infested pits for the right amount of money.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I don't think those chicks are interested in your smell. They'll lick your BO infested pits for the right amount of money.

Wait a minute..they don't really like me ?

;)

Just found out the seats are on the 3rd base side which is shady..thank god
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Yep, it's official. Hell has frozen over - Rollins walked 4 times within 7 innings.

Wait a minute..they don't really like me ?

;)

Just found out the seats are on the 3rd base side which is shady..thank god
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,504
    that is the last time i go to a game straight from work wearing jeans in 90 some degree weather. talk about uncomfortable.

weird seeing the road jerseys and batting first...
    www.myspace.com
    that is the last time i go to a game straight from work wearing jeans in 90 some degree weather. talk about uncomfortable.

Yuck. Know that feeling all too well.

could have been worse...at least you weren't wearing jean shorts (some call them jorts). that look always puts a smile on my face
    The Fixer wrote:

could have been worse...at least you weren't wearing jean shorts (some call them jorts). that look always puts a
    smile on my face

If any of you motherfuckers wear jean shorts, we're gonna have a problem.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Remember how I said I have come across a lot of people in Philly that for some reason or another claim to be Red Sox fans as well. Well, on the ferry home from the Friday night Phish show there was an asian dude wearing a Ryan Howard t shirt with a Red Sox hat, and not just any Red Sox hat, one with a shamrock on the back and a green B. This man should be expelled from your fanbase.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Remember how I said I have come across a lot of people in Philly that for some reason or another claim to be Red Sox fans as well. Well, on the ferry home from the Friday night Phish show there was an asian dude wearing a Ryan Howard t shirt with a Red Sox hat, and not just any Red Sox hat, one with a shamrock on the back and a green B. This man should be expelled from your fanbase.

Dude, you don't have to tell me. These are the worst of the worst.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude, you don't have to tell me. These are the worst of the worst.

The best part was that it was a Irish Red Sox hat. He was all types of confused. I got a kick out of it though.
    The Fixer wrote:

could have been worse...at least you weren't wearing jean shorts (some call them jorts). that look always puts a
    smile on my face

If any of you motherfuckers wear jean shorts, we're gonna have a problem.

i've been opoosed to them since i was 6
    www.myspace.com
  • I went to a Phillies game in 07 or 08 when the Red Sox came to town, and was SURROUNDED by people in Sox shirts and hats. This one middle aged lady in front of me in Sox gear cheered for them all day, but when the Phillies finally scored late in the game she started cheering for them. Then she quick stopped and kinda looked around all embarrassed. I guess she remembered she was a Red Sox fan that day.

Can't stand those people. After '04 Red Sox fans popped up all over around here. After '08 they went back to being Phillies fans again...as well as being Red Sox fans. Fuckin people.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    I went to a Phillies game in 07 or 08 when the Red Sox came to town, and was SURROUNDED by people in Sox shirts and hats. This one middle aged lady in front of me in Sox gear cheered for them all day, but when the Phillies finally scored late in the game she started cheering for them. Then she quick stopped and kinda looked around all embarrassed. I guess she remembered she was a Red Sox fan that day.

Can't stand those people. After '04 Red Sox fans popped up all over around here. After '08 they went back to being Phillies fans again...as well as being Red Sox fans. Fuckin people.

that is an excellent avatar. well done guy. well done.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Remember how I said I have come across a lot of people in Philly that for some reason or another claim to be Red Sox fans as well.

This has pissed me off for years. It all started back in 2004 when the Sox came back from 3-0 to beat the yanks. I think I was the only person in philly that was pulling for the yanks in that series. Like the cubs, I used to think it was hilarious watching the red sox fuck up every year.

I think most red sox fans are fake to begin with. This is why they are number 2 (after the mets) on my baseball hate list. The red sox are the dallas cowboys of football. for some stupid reason, they have more fans than any other team. I will never understand

and I hope the cubs never win a WS.
    scott rolen can still go directly to hell.
    www.myspace.com
    Utley might be out for a while. These injuries are really starting to get annoying. Maybe it's just not their year
    The Fixer wrote:
    Utley might be out for a while. These injuries are really starting to get annoying. Maybe it's just not their year

Starting to feel the same thing. What's Tad Iguchi up to? :lol:

Probably a ligament thing, and there's a shit load of them in the hand. I'm feeling 4-6 weeks. I'm feeling a trade for a starter coming as well.
    The Fixer wrote:

Probably a ligament thing, and there's a shit load of them in the hand. I'm feeling 4-6 weeks. I'm feeling a trade for a starter coming as well.

I just saw a rumor...jeremy guthrie (plays for baltimore) to the phils. not sure what is worse...tonight's game, utley's injury, or a guthrie trade rumor.

they need to get happ some starts before the trade deadline. If he isn't healthy, they pretty much have to make a trade. Happ helping this year would be a bonus...I don't think you can count on him having a positive impact at this point

I'm not pressing the panic button yet...but I'm starting to look around so I know where it is
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I just saw a rumor...jeremy guthrie (plays for baltimore) to the phils. not sure what is worse...tonight's game, utley's injury, or a guthrie trade rumor.

they need to get happ some starts before the trade deadline. If he isn't healthy, they pretty much have to make a trade. Happ helping this year would be a bonus...I don't think you can count on him having a positive impact at this point

I'm not pressing the panic button yet...but I'm starting to look around so I know where it is

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't know about Happ though. I think he's not gonna bring anything to the table. Everything out of his minor league starts have looked unimpressive - especially his velocity on his fastball. I don't know, still a shit load of game left but the division is playing a lot better this year. All I know is you can't have the likes of Castro AND Valdez in the lineup at the same time for an extended period of time.

I have Todd Zolecki as a "friend" on FB because I like to get his updates, and I couldn't help but comment on an article he just posted. WIP Trash Ruben Frank made a comment I couldn't help but respond to - I just can't stand it when people who nothing of baseball are the ones leading the charge on the radio just feeding this disgusting machine trying to make mountain out of a mole hill. He's criticizing Utley going in head first, and I couldn't help but put him in his place.

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't know about Happ though. I think he's not gonna bring anything to the table. Everything out of his minor league starts have looked unimpressive - especially his velocity on his fastball. I don't know, still a shit load of game left but the division is playing a lot better this year. All I know is you can't have the likes of Castro AND Valdez in the lineup at the same time for an extended period of time.

I have Todd Zolecki as a "friend" on FB because I like to get his updates, and I couldn't help but comment on an article he just posted. WIP Trash Ruben Frank made a comment I couldn't help but respond to - I just can't stand it when people who nothing of baseball are the ones leading the charge on the radio just feeding this disgusting machine trying to make mountain out of a mole hill. He's criticizing Utley going in head first, and I couldn't help but put him in his place.

I have the same view of happ. especially when you look at his peripheral stats from last year

I have the biggest mancrush on utley out of everyone in philly. I'll be the first to admit that he hasn't had a great year...but to criticize him for the way he slides is terrible.

Also, I missed your tad iguchi comment...nice one. that dude was a solid bench player
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    throw some batteries at him. sorry i had to. yes i did laugh when phils fans threw batteries at jd drew. least it was better then fans across mlb throwing syringes at bonds over the years.

The Fixer wrote:

I think most red sox fans are fake to begin with. This is why they are number 2 (after the mets) on my baseball hate list. The red sox are the dallas cowboys of football. for some stupid reason, they have more fans than any other team. I will never understand

and I hope the cubs never win a WS.
    why do you hate the mets for. you really buy into that whole mets/phils rivalry that the great espn and fox sports and jroll and beltran started years ago. wow man i thought better of you. i mean it's a nice rivalry and all but it's more like hating your cousin rivalry whereas yanks/mets is hating your brother. i mean last year's world series i was rooting for the phils just cause i didn't wanna see that 16-25 douchebag yanks fanbase throw at me the lame line of "oh we've won 27 world series to your 2" you have no idea how much that line pisses me off or to hear it in general from yankees fans.

sorry for the rambling :oops:

btw- jason bay has a total of 6 homers this season. its amazing what 66 milllion dollars can get you :roll:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

braves put heyward on the dl...

let's hope for the best with utley. i don't think its the end of the world if he is out a 4 weeks or so though. at least j roll is back now. and everybody else stepped up their games when chase was out for a while in '07.
    www.myspace.com
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996

Will you still feel like that when if goes into the Hall as a Phillie? If he stays healthy this year and continues his hot start and has two average years afterwards (big ifs), he's got a great shot at going into the HOF.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

Will you still feel like that when if goes into the Hall as a Phillie? If he stays healthy this year and continues his hot start and has two average years afterwards (big ifs), he's got a great shot at going into the HOF.

if you think he is going into the hof as a phillie, you don't know scott rolen that well. i would guess he'd go in as a cardinal, if he gets in. why would he go in as a phillie? he couldn't wait to get out of here. f him.
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The only way Scott Rolen is getting into the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket.

End that discussion.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
This discussion has been closed.