***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:

i enjoy the heat but today is ridiculous -the humidity is out of control.

indians do suck and without Sizemore they are horrible. - what happened to La Porte that they got in the Sabathia trade?

LaPorta will be up - he's in AAA. Probably going to be their 1st baseman of the future.

Oh, and I LOOOOVE this heat shit. Gimme 95 and 100% humidity over an ice age any day. Love it - 5 showers a day, and shit ton of extra strength Gold Bond on the junk. Loooove that tingling sensation.

there's nothing worse than walking outside and sweating for no reason. sitting at a phils game and having to peel your underwear off your sweaty ass. unless I'm on a beach or poolside, this weather sucks. my countdown to fall has already started

laporta has been back and forth...he hasn't hit during his callups. not having asdrubal cabrera hurts them too. he's good
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i enjoy the heat but today is ridiculous -the humidity is out of control.

indians do suck and without Sizemore they are horrible. - what happened to La Porte that they got in the Sabathia trade?

LaPorta will be up - he's in AAA. Probably going to be their 1st baseman of the future.

Oh, and I LOOOOVE this heat shit. Gimme 95 and 100% humidity over an ice age any day. Love it - 5 showers a day, and shit ton of extra strength Gold Bond on the junk. Loooove that tingling sensation.

there's nothing worse than walking outside and sweating for no reason. sitting at a phils game and having to peel your underwear off your sweaty ass. unless I'm on a beach or poolside, this weather sucks. my countdown to fall has already started

laporta has been back and forth...he hasn't hit during his callups. not having asdrubal cabrera hurts them too. he's good

That's the thing - ya have to be at the beach. I'm 11 months from living on a boat so I love this shit.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    Great win! Offense seems to be back. :D

Anyone else in the philly area get hit hard with the storm? Electricity went out at work around 3 ish in Downingtown. Left work around 4:30 Rt. 3 had no traffic lights working and there were no cops around to direct traffic! Aren't they suppose to do that :problem: Got home and had no power where i live in West Chester :roll: Decided to see if BK was open (big mistake). Of course they weren't and got stuck getting back home. Power finally came back on about 7:15.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Anyone else in the philly area get hit hard with the storm? Electricity went out at work around 3 ish in Downingtown. Left work around 4:30 Rt. 3 had no traffic lights working and there were no cops around to direct traffic! Aren't they suppose to do that :problem: Got home and had no power where i live in West Chester :roll: Decided to see if BK was open (big mistake). Of course they weren't and got stuck getting back home. Power finally came back on about 7:15.

dude I was in same boat as you...but I work from home. power went out during 8th inning of phils game. spent rest of afternoon wasting time and waiting for cable to come back on. took dog for an hour walk and waited for wife to get home. then dragged her ass to the bar (yep, PJ Henrys). holla
    The Fixer wrote:

dude I was in same boat as you...but I work from home. power went out during 8th inning of phils game. spent rest of afternoon wasting time and waiting for cable to come back on. took dog for an hour walk and waited for wife to get home. then dragged her ass to the bar (yep, PJ Henrys). holla

Word!
    The Fixer wrote:

Word!

got a boner when I saw the shuffleboard table. then I was taking a piss and the sign said beer pong every sunday. I asked the bartender about that and she told me if I bring peeps in they will let anyone play pong on any night. lot of potential for my new favorite bar
    The Fixer wrote:
    got a boner when I saw the shuffleboard table. then I was taking a piss and the sign said beer pong every sunday. I asked the bartender about that and she told me if I bring peeps in they will let anyone play pong on any night. lot of potential for my new favorite bar

Nice! Yeah, I used to frequent there ALL THE TIME. Too much actually. Now I'm hoping I can get back a little of the cash I've given to that place over the years. :D They used to have a legit poker night two nights out of the week, and we would play cash games till like 5 in the morning. Good times.

Any chance you got the the girl's name that was bartending? Short girl with dirty blonde hair?

Shuffleboard's my shit. Used to run my team for the bar we used to own. And I'm hoping if I get this gig that Saturday afternoons is going to be beer pong day load time when I'm working.
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice! Yeah, I used to frequent there ALL THE TIME. Too much actually. Now I'm hoping I can get back a little of the cash I've given to that place over the years. :D They used to have a legit poker night two nights out of the week, and we would play cash games till like 5 in the morning. Good times.

Any chance you got the the girl's name that was bartending? Short girl with dirty blonde hair?

Shuffleboard's my shit. Used to run my team for the bar we used to own. And I'm hoping if I get this gig that Saturday afternoons is going to be beer pong day load time when I'm working.

I LOVVVEEEEEEEEE gambling on football and playing blackjack...don't have the patience for poker. I need the quick action. I end up going all in during poker games so I don't have to play anymore (usually so I can go watch the football game(s) I have money on).

Didn't get the girls name. she carded me though, so I love her. hmmm, she was REALLY tan, with curly, brownish hair, and tight, low-sitting jeans. she was cool as hell
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I LOVVVEEEEEEEEE gambling on football and playing blackjack...don't have the patience for poker. I need the quick action. I end up going all in during poker games so I don't have to play anymore (usually so I can go watch the football game(s) I have money on).

Didn't get the girls name. she carded me though, so I love her. hmmm, how do I put this nicely? she was REALLY tan, with curly? brownish hair, and tight, low-sitting jeans. she was cool as hell

Hmmm, could've been Sarah.

And if you like gambling then you'll like that place. We would gamble on EVERYTHING there. I'm thinking if I'm back up there I'll get a lot of those degenerate gamblers back up there as well.

How far was it from your house? Your wife know where it was?
    The Fixer wrote:

Didn't get the girls name. she carded me though, so I love her. hmmm, how do I put this nicely? she was REALLY tan, with curly? brownish hair, and tight, low-sitting jeans. she was cool as hell

And if you like gambling then you'll like that place. We would gamble on EVERYTHING there. I'm thinking if I'm back up there I'll get a lot of those degenerate gamblers back up there as well.

yeah, wife knew where it was. we bought a car from ardmore nissan and it was due for service. power was out so I suggested we should get a drink. she was naming bars near where we had to go...PJ Henrys, BAM (to quote sarge).

Me and my buddies are same way. coackroaches running across floor...I got 20 bucks on the dude with large antennae. done and done
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, wife knew where it was. we bought a car from ardmore nissan and it was due for service. power was out so I suggested we should get a drink. she was naming bars near where we had to go...PJ Henrys, BAM (to quote sarge).

Me and my buddies are same way. coackroaches running across floor...I got 20 bucks on the dude with large antennae. done and done

Nice. Well, here's to hoping I hear back from this dude. Went in there on Monday night and talked to him, and sounded like everything was kosher so I don't know what the deal is.

Shuffleboard, darts, pool, poker, it's got everything that makes me happy.

Nice. Well, here's to hoping I hear back from this dude. Went in there on Monday night and talked to him, and sounded like everything was kosher so I don't know what the deal is.

yeah man, good luck with that.

do they have the college football package?
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah man, good luck with that.

do they have the college football package?

That I cannot recall. I know they had The Ticket, and for some reason I have a feeling they did. They have enough TV's in there for it.
    A little earlier than I thought - Dom Brown headed to Lehigh. Boom.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,504

wheels are in motion...
    www.myspace.com

wheels are in motion...

Yeah, for a September call-up and letting Werth go over the winter.

nice. now if raul's sports hernia would act up again they'd be all set
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly think Raul's going to end up hitting about .270/.260-ish when all is said and done on the season.

wheels are in motion...

Yeah, for a September call-up and letting Werth go over the winter.

here's what we do...you corner ibanez for an autograph while he's walking out to his car tonight. then i will hop out of the bushes and whack his knees with a bat. deal?
    www.myspace.com
    your jeagler...set to be in attendence for this evening's halladay.

2nd time seeing the good doctor this year :thumbup: :thumbup:

happy hallday's everyone. tis the season
    www.myspace.com

Yeah, he's let me down the last two times I saw him pitch. Well, he didn't let me down.

Hahaha, and yo, check this - I think I may start a Philadelphia Union thread. Just got word that I'm going to their home opener - their real home opener on Sunday - and I don't give a shit about soccer, but I do like getting nice and shit faced at sporting events!

Yeah, he's let me down the last two times I saw him pitch. Well, he didn't let me down.

Hahaha, and yo, check this - I think I may start a Philadelphia Union thread. Just got word that I'm going to their home opener - their real home opener on Sunday - and I don't give a shit about soccer, but I do like getting nice and shit faced at sporting events!

you mean an "official 2010 union thread?" :lol:

have at it. i plan on checking that new place out at some point this year. i helped fucking pay for it. might as well see what it looks like.
    www.myspace.com

you mean an "official 2010 union thread?" :lol:

have at it. i plan on checking that new place out at some point this year. i helped fucking pay for it. might as
    well see what it looks like.

DONE AND DONE.
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly think Raul's going to end up hitting about .270/.260-ish when all is said and done on the season.

he could. problem is, he might not hit 10 homers. look at his slugging %...not pretty, especially for a corner OFer

nice, bring home a W.

Been to 8 games and still haven't seen halladay pitch.

hamels tomorrow...as I sweat my nuts off in this terrible heat

but I do like getting nice and shit faced at sporting events!

I consider myself a professional at this line of work...concerts as well.
    The Fixer wrote:

nice, bring home a W.

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to say I've seen him pitch 4 times now. And he just gets more handsome every time.

Can't wait to see the road grays at the park.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996

Good to see Brown called up to AAA.

What are the Phils going to do with Matthew Rizzotti? Dude is crushing the ball to in AA:
    .359/.421/.687 OPS 1.108 10 HR, 33 RBIs in 38 games

Too bad he's a first baseman because he's stuck in the system. He actually has better numbers than Howard did at the same age in Reading. But at 6'5 and 240 there's no other positions really for a guy that size other than 1B or DH.

P.S. Glad I'm finally getting to see Doc in person tonight. I jumped on tix as soon as they were released to the general public and scored a pair for me and my dad 15 rows behind the dugout tonight.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

Good to see Brown called up to AAA.

What are the Phils going to do with Matthew Rizzotti? Dude is crushing the ball to in AA:
    .359/.421/.687 OPS 1.108 10 HR, 33 RBIs in 38 games

Too bad he's a first baseman because he's stuck in the system. He actually has better numbers than Howard did at the same age in Reading. But at 6'5 and 240 there's no other positions really for a guy that size other than 1B or DH.

P.S. Glad I'm finally getting to see Doc in person tonight. I jumped on tix as soon as they were released to the general public and scored a pair for me and my dad 15 rows behind the dugout tonight.

yeah, people keeping dissing Rizzotti as a prospect and he just keeps hitting. Unfortunately, looks like Rizzotti is a bench player or trade bait. Can't expect to get much back for him due to his age.

It's really gonna suck if singleton can't play the OF...because no one is taking the albatross of a contract they just gave howard. ughhhh

nice seats...enjoy tonight
    The Fixer wrote:

nice, bring home a W.

Can't wait to see the road grays at the park.

think I read that they're wearing red, not grey
This discussion has been closed.