***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,222
    talk about a story that writes itself with rollins homering.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955

How bout it??? Hopefully a couple months from now we look back at that AB as the one that changed the mentality around here......hopefully.

When Wood threw that first 95 mph ball, I thought of Broxton. :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:

How bout it??? Hopefully a couple months from now we look back at that AB as the one that changed the mentality around here......hopefully.

When Wood threw that first 95 mph ball, I thought of Broxton. :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:

I guess the mentality among fans is way different. When I around the Phils last week, I never thought they stopped having that mindset just they hit a bump in the road.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Looks like the Phils will definitely be going after a reliever now. Manuel sounds like Durbin's hammy is serious.

Cosart and Brown announced on the Futures' roster.

I guess the mentality among fans is way different. When I around the Phils last week, I never thought they stopped having that mindset just they hit a bump in the road.

Yeah, it all balances out, but it's been pretty maligned around the ballpark and everything. Not the same energy when going to the games. The past 3 or 4 weeks have just seemed like an eternity now.
    I remember those kind of slumps with the Yankees in various years. In 2003, they lost Bernie Williams for a while, got swept in a four-game series by the Jays and then were no-hit. Two years later, it was a massive struggle to stay around .500 after the team began 11-19 and the same thing in 2007. Bottom line is to limit the malaise to no more than three to four weeks.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Looks like the Phils will definitely be going after a reliever now. Manuel sounds like Durbin's hammy is serious.

Madson is supposed to throw in a rehab game this weekend. Zagurski's fat ass looked great tonight. They still have figueroa right? he can take durbin's spot for 2 weeks.

Here's some futures news from keith law...he's the best prospect analyst out there

Jarred Cosart, RHP, Philadelphia Phillies/USA:
    I've been a little bit of a broken record on this one, but Cosart has pitched his way into the upper echelon of starter prospects in the minors with a major uptick in his velocity this season.

Brett Wallace, 3B; Travis d'Arnaud, C; Kyle Drabek, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays/USA:
    The three prospects who ended up in Toronto as a result of the Roy Halladay trade (and a subsequent swap with Oakland) are all absent from the Futures Game. Wallace and Drabek were in it last year, but d'Arnaud is emerging as one of the top catching prospects in the minors and is more advanced defensively than Tony Sanchez or Austin Romine. And that trade was a dominant news story in MLB's offseason, so we should show the fans what the fuss was about on the minor league side.
    I remember those kind of slumps with the Yankees in various years. In 2003, they lost Bernie Williams for a while, got swept in a four-game series by the Jays and then were no-hit. Two years later, it was a massive struggle to stay around .500 after the team began 11-19 and the same thing in 2007. Bottom line is to limit the malaise to no more than three to four weeks.

I am a big proponent of the theory that good, veteran squads get bored during the year. I think the phils have experienced that problem this year (along with a lot of injuries). They will get to the all star break within 5 games of first and be primed for a playoff run.
    The Fixer wrote:

Madson is supposed to throw in a rehab game this weekend. Zagurski's fat ass looked great tonight. They still have figueroa right? he can take durbin's spot for 2 weeks.

Here's some futures news from keith law...he's the best prospect analyst out there

I've been a little bit of a broken record on this one, but Cosart has pitched his way into the upper echelon of starter prospects in the minors with a major uptick in his velocity this season.

The three prospects who ended up in Toronto as a result of the Roy Halladay trade (and a subsequent swap with Oakland) are all absent from the Futures Game. Wallace and Drabek were in it last year, but d'Arnaud is emerging as one of the top catching prospects in the minors and is more advanced defensively than Tony Sanchez or Austin Romine. And that trade was a dominant news story in MLB's offseason, so we should show the fans what the fuss was about on the minor league side.

Yeah, I just think they still need another arm.

Also, I looked up Taylor's stats - he's not doing much to talk about either.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I just think they still need another arm.

Also, I looked up Taylor's stats - he's not doing much to talk about either.

yeah, I read he was struggling too. just don't look up the stats of the guys they got back for cliff lee. not pretty. man, what a terrrible, terrible trade.

can they trade amaro?
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, I read he was struggling too. just don't look up the stats of the guys they got back for cliff lee. not pretty. man, what a terrrible, terrible trade.

can they trade amaro?

Yeah, I might be the wrong person to talk to about that. I don't fault him at all for making that trade. And we've beaten it to death. I just don't believe Lee was going to be here in any way with Doc here. Now, if you have a problem with Amaro because of what he got for Clifton Phifer then I hear you, but the guys running the farm system here I can't question much either.
    The Fixer wrote:

can they trade amaro?

Yeah, I might be the wrong person to talk to about that. I don't fault him at all for making that trade. And we've beaten it to death. I just don't believe Lee was going to be here in any way with Doc here. Now, if you have a problem with Amaro because of what he got for Clifton Phifer then I hear you, but the guys running the farm system here I can't question much either.

really? that trade was wrong on so many levels. Didn't get enough back, don't trade a top 10 pitcher when you're the league favorite, other guys were tradable so the salary fit their budget (blanton), the timing of the deal (if they wait Lee's value only goes up due to the terrible crop of FA pitchers last offseason)...

I could go on...just an awful move. You don't restock your farm system when you're a favorite to go to the WS...especially if you restock with so-so prospects. they would have received 2 supplemental picks if lee left after 2010. chances are those picks turn into better prospects than what they got back for lee.

so it's safe to say I'm not a fan of the lee trade. I smack myself every time I daydream of halladay, lee, hamels in the playoffs
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

can they trade amaro?

really? that trade was wrong on so many levels. Didn't get enough back, don't trade a top 10 pitcher when you're the league favorite, other guys were tradable so the salary fit their budget (blanton), the timing of the deal (if they wait Lee's value only goes up due to the terrible crop of FA pitchers last offseason)...

I could go on...just an awful move. You don't restock your farm system when you're a favorite to go to the WS...especially if you restock with so-so prospects. they would have received 2 supplemental picks if lee left after 2010. chances are those picks turn into better prospects than what they got back for lee.

so it's safe to say I'm not a fan of the lee trade. I smack myself every time I daydream of halladay, lee, hamels in the playoffs

That's the thing - I never conceived Lee and Halladay in the same rotation.

I honestly didn't until I saw the halladay/lee trades were separate.

oh well...this has been beat to death like the howard stuff. we need some new material. like a 10 game winning streak
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBp8rJjI44
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly didn't until I saw the halladay/lee trades were separate.

oh well...this has been beat to death like the howard stuff. we need some new material. like a 10 game winning streak

Seriously, something like 16-4 till the AS break. I hope they lock in and make that Atlanta series after the 4th weekend SSSSSHHHHHHHUUUUUGE.

that clip NEVER gets old. a buddy got us standing room tix a few hours before that game. Ditched dinner with my wife's family that night (actually called her from the parking lot to tell her I was going to game). she was pissed for about a week, but it was well worth it

my creedo is it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    The Fixer wrote:

that clip NEVER gets old. a buddy got us standing room tix a few hours before that game. Ditched dinner with my wife's family that night (actually called her from the parking lot to tell her I was going to game). she was pissed for about a week, but it was well worth it

I was there as well. My heart was running so fast afterwards I thought I was going to pass out. Unbelievable. We had seats right underneath that boom camera they had in centerfield. I remember sitting there in the eighth and everyone was just blah. Then when Bruntlett got on, and then Chooch got hit by the pitch, I was thinking 'Hey we might have a chance here. Small one, but a chance.' Then boom. All of a sudden I see the ball coming right at us and it disappeared below. Everyone was going nuts, and I thought, 'Yes! We're gonna tie it up! Wait wait wait, we're gonna WIN THIS FUCKING GAME!' And it was just bonkers from there. I started climbing on top of my seat then up the rail right behind me where the boom camera was and yelling up at the TBS crew. Eckersley looked right at me and started dying laughing, they were all looking out into the crowd in disbelief. The cameraman had to tell me to get down over and over. All I could say was, "I'm really sorry, but fuck you!"
    yup...bravos down 2 in the ninth...
    www.myspace.com
    yup...bravos down 2 in the ninth...

Now you're on the right trolley. Ballgame. 3.5 back.
    and my braves fan friend set to receive a text....

GO PHILS
    www.myspace.com
    READING (AA)
    The Phillies have taken the conservative approach with Dom Brown, an approach similar to the one that they have taken with most of their prospects. Brown, however, has continued to demonstrate that it�s time to stop taking it easy on him and put him in a position where he can be better tested.

Brown once again hammered some Eastern league pitching Tuesday night as Reading outlasted Bowie, 7-5. The Phillies top prospect, who was named to the U.S. squad for the Futures Games on Tuesday, was 3-for-4 with two homers and three RBIs. He extended his hitting streak to 11 games, a stretch during which he is hitting .390 (16-for-41) with five homers and 13 RBIs. Overall, he�s hitting .325 with 15 homers and 46 RBIs.
    The Fixer wrote:
    READING (AA)
    The Phillies have taken the conservative approach with Dom Brown, an approach similar to the one that they have taken with most of their prospects. Brown, however, has continued to demonstrate that it�s time to stop taking it easy on him and put him in a position where he can be better tested.

Brown once again hammered some Eastern league pitching Tuesday night as Reading outlasted Bowie, 7-5. The Phillies top prospect, who was named to the U.S. squad for the Futures Games on Tuesday, was 3-for-4 with two homers and three RBIs. He extended his hitting streak to 11 games, a stretch during which he is hitting .390 (16-for-41) with five homers and 13 RBIs. Overall, he�s hitting .325 with 15 homers and 46 RBIs.

someone needs to go all jeff gilouly on rauuuuuul...... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    READING (AA)

that's a bit harsh. but would like to see Brown up and get some playing time this year.

ps: Howard's full season averages (4 full seasons) - .278 batting average, 49.5 home runs, 143 RBIs (yup he sucks)
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    READING (AA)

that's a bit harsh. but would like to see Brown up and get some playing time this year.

ps: Howard's full season averages (4 full seasons) - .278 batting average, 49.5 home runs, 143 RBIs (yup he sucks)

his numbers peaked during his MVP year. look at his stat trend BA/OBP/SLG over the last 4 years. notice a trend?

you don't overpay for diminishing returns...it's just not smart
    it's got to be brutal sitting out there watching in the heat today. let's hope we can hold a 5-run lead today.
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's got to be brutal sitting out there watching in the heat today. let's hope we can hold a 5-run lead today.

this weather sucks ass. I'd rather have it be 20 below zero than 90 and humid. I don't even want to go to the game on saturday

the indians have to be the worst team in baseball. they fucking stink...they've given the phils 5 runs today
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

this weather sucks ass. I'd rather have it be 20 below zero than 90 and humid. I don't even want to go to the game on saturday

the indians have to be the worst team in baseball. they fucking stink...they've given the phils 5 runs today

i enjoy the heat but today is ridiculous -the humidity is out of control.

indians do suck and without Sizemore they are horrible. - what happened to La Porte that they got in the Sabathia trade?
    this offense...set to be back...with avengence.

who was troll that popped up in here a couple weeks ago saying the phils wont make the playoffs? :lol::lol: where'd that go guy?
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i enjoy the heat but today is ridiculous -the humidity is out of control.

indians do suck and without Sizemore they are horrible. - what happened to La Porte that they got in the Sabathia trade?

LaPorta will be up - he's in AAA. Probably going to be their 1st baseman of the future.

Oh, and I LOOOOVE this heat shit. Gimme 95 and 100% humidity over an ice age any day. Love it - 5 showers a day, and shit ton of extra strength Gold Bond on the junk. Loooove that tingling sensation.
This discussion has been closed.