Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Seriously the first time I’ve seen this

I would have to say I've watch parts of that no less than 100 times.  There were years where this always seemed to be on.
    Was it fun?  I still think it is entertaining- and scores well on the unintentional comedy scale.
    Fun and totally worth it.  I’m still trying to figure out how three of the main characters just happened to make their way into Brad Wesley’s home with shotguns undetected.  I did not see that ending coming.
    The monster truck being in there is too funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    Seriously the first time I’ve seen this

I’ve still never seen it!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    Indiana Jones 5.

I liked it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,093
    Now you can compare it to the upcoming remake with Jake Gyllenhal!
    They're remaking Roadhouse?  
    is The Rock going to play Swayzes part and Kevin Smith Sam Elliotts?

Thing's I won't watch ever for a thousand Alex!
  • Options
    HOW WAS OPENHEIMER?!?!
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,176
    edited July 2023
    😂 Can’t imagine a remake being good.

Oppenheimer was great. Murphy and Downey Jr. were awesome. The music was wonderful and for a 3 hour movie it zipped right along. Imax was great but a friend of mine hasn’t seen it so I may go back with him for the 70 mm.

Presented a complicated view of Oppenheimer. I’m not sure he was the scientific genius people thought or if he was a good leader, politician who got the work done. The use of sound to help show Oppenheimer’s inner thoughts was cool too. Definitely shows how America likes to build people up to just tear them down later.

Edit: the two female roles with Pugh and Blunt are maybe under developed. Blunt especially. She gets a couple great scenes toward the end, but she disappears for big swaths of the movie. Would have been interesting to have her perspective in the story more.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,337
    Interstellar for the first time...and likely the last. Decent movie but I found it incredibly confusing. Dozing off periodically didn't help!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,256
    Interstellar for the first time...and likely the last. Decent movie but I found it incredibly confusing. Dozing off periodically didn't help!
    Oh man, too bad. Love that movie. One you have to rewatch a few times to start understanding it. It can be slow at times for sure.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,146

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,337
    tbergs said:
    Oh man, too bad. Love that movie. One you have to rewatch a few times to start understanding it. It can be slow at times for sure.
    Yeah I figure that would be the case. I just didn't enjoy it enough to see myself giving it another go
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Nice! Forgot how cool the aquarium scene is in that one. Funny how old fashioned the computers are, it being over 25 years ago!
  • Options

Nice! Forgot how cool the aquarium scene is in that one. Funny how old fashioned the computers are, it being over 25 years ago!
    Haha. When I saw that aquarium-restaurant my first thought was WAIT I WAS STUCK IN PRAGUE LAST SUMMER WHEN PEARL JAM CANCELLED THEIR CONCERT AND I DIDN’T VISIT THIS RESTAURANT. 

But turns out it was built for the film. :) 

Great movie, but at its best when it’s gritty and ”grounded”. No mattee how iconic the Langley scene is. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,551

I didn't knew there is an adaptation of this..how was it??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I have not seen it in years. Still good? I remember the book and movie are quite different.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

This was made 40 years ago Skidoo!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,990
    The Whale - great movie but so sad. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,977
    23scidoo said:

Surprised there isn't a remake yet. They did remake Pet Sematery after all.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

I absolutely LOVED this movie - Timothee Chalamet definitely deserved those nominations for his performance... And then after I watched I googled Armie Hammer because I couldn't remember what other movies he was in... and then I discovered the whole Armie Hammer scandal, which I knew nothing about. WOW! I am really glad I watched this great movie BEFORE I knew about all that, lol! I definitely wouldn't have been able to enjoy the film in the same way had I known, haha.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

And that remake was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. 

PET SEMATRY 2 is really great though. Better than the first one. 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

One remake I'd love to have is Jason and the Argonauts.  Don't make it like Achilles and over the top crap.  Make it good.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    23scidoo said:

One remake I'd love to have is Jason and the Argonauts.  Don't make it like Achilles and over the top crap.  Make it good.
    Was supposedly in the works a few years ago...

Paramount to Develop Jason and the Argonauts Remake (filmandtvnow.com)

Not sure where it stands currently.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

I'm sorry!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

Was supposedly in the works a few years ago...

Paramount to Develop Jason and the Argonauts Remake (filmandtvnow.com)

Not sure where it stands currently.
    Dear lord that article is from 2015!  I totally agree with the writer too.  I don't want a shitty remake.  Put hungry nobodys in it and write it well.

The newer CGI should make the skeleton scene an all-time classic like the original.
  • Options
    His Girl Friday - Regular  Mad Duck Posters
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    PJ_Soul said:

I absolutely LOVED this movie - Timothee Chalamet definitely deserved those nominations for his performance... And then after I watched I googled Armie Hammer because I couldn't remember what other movies he was in... and then I discovered the whole Armie Hammer scandal, which I knew nothing about. WOW! I am really glad I watched this great movie BEFORE I knew about all that, lol! I definitely wouldn't have been able to enjoy the film in the same way had I known, haha.

Before you understood he might have eaten his costar?  :lol:       
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,238
    Barbie

muthafuckas 🤣 it was fun 
  • Options

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Before you understood he might have eaten his costar?  :lol:       

Pretty much! :lol:
  • Options