Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,200

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,959
    Rear Window. Al Hitchcock. Stupendous flick imho.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,590
    Latin Noir
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,228

Does this mean Ghost Protocol is next? Poor Felicity (I mean Keri Russel). 😢 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,993
    Loujoe said:
    Rear Window. Al Hitchcock. Stupendous flick imho.
    Oh yeah! 👌
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Does this mean Ghost Protocol is next? Poor Felicity (I mean Keri Russel). 😢 
    I think from four and onward they lost flair. Even with a swede as the villain. Just compare the cinematography of part 3 and 4. 

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT JJ ABRAHMS BUT MI3 IS A MASTERPIECE

M: I 3 is an amazing film. The energy, pace and threat is crazy. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I love JJ! Yes, III is fantastic. Hoffman is quite scary. Also, set piece on the bridge with the drone attack is fantastic.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680

I loved it!!!!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

• Options

• Options

Good movie - I think my favourite thing about it is the sound design and editing. It's SUPER impressive and effective.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,037

• Options

I remember watching this on VHS a lot back in the day.
  • Options

• Options
    I liked Ambulance a lot. Nice to see Michael Bay do something that does not involve robots. This should have done better at the box office in my opinion.

Boy, Gyllenhall is really chewing the scenery though. Always love Garret Dillahunt as well.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,511
    This is my favorite outer space movie.  It never gets old for me.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277
    KAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNN!!!!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    It really is a great movie.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I liked Ambulance a lot. Nice to see Michael Bay do something that does not involve robots. This should have done better at the box office in my opinion.

Boy, Gyllenhall is really chewing the scenery though. Always love Garret Dillahunt as well.
    I enjoyed how practical it was/ felt and the energy. Was like a cheap Tony Scott knockof in places, like the fast cut editing and cinematography but without Scotts touch. 

It was too long and Nicholas Cage would have done Gyllenhalls role better in the 90s.

But well worth watching and had the same actiony energy as M:I 3 which I really like. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Is Crawlspace with Klaus Kinski worth watching?
  • Options

I enjoyed how practical it was/ felt and the energy. Was like a cheap Tony Scott knockof in places, like the fast cut editing and cinematography but without Scotts touch. 

It was too long and Nicholas Cage would have done Gyllenhalls role better in the 90s.

But well worth watching and had the same actiony energy as M:I 3 which I really like. 
    Totally agree about the practical effects/filming. The drone camera shots were interesting. Yeah, definitely a movie Tony Scott would have made (probably better and with Denzel!).

I appreciate the “original” story action movie, not based on an existing IP. They used to make lots of these mid level budget action thrillers, and they can be great.

I thought Eiza Gonzalez’s character was a nice addition, she seemed to hold her own in the action.
  • Options

Totally agree about the practical effects/filming. The drone camera shots were interesting. Yeah, definitely a movie Tony Scott would have made (probably better and with Denzel!).

I appreciate the “original” story action movie, not based on an existing IP. They used to make lots of these mid level budget action thrillers, and they can be great.

I thought Eiza Gonzalez’s character was a nice addition, she seemed to hold her own in the action.
    Yeah. She was a highlight. Cool Bay did it on a 40 million dollar budget too!
  • Options
    Yes! Props to the low budget. Especially from Bay! Need more Ambulance and Pain and Gain type movies from him.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    Sound of Freedom
    :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 2023
    The Beanie Bubble (AppleTV+).

Quite entertaining! Apparently the facts of the story are pretty accurate... I had no idea Ty Warner is such a dickweed. Zac Galifianakis did a good job, and so did Elizabeth Banks and Sarah Snook.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Boys State (AppleTV+)

Ummmm, wow. I sincerely thought this documentary was a mockumentary for a good half of the film, and then Googled and discovered it is apparently a real documentary???!! Crazy. Well, if you want to see how fucking scary the future of politics could be (at least in Texas), watch this, lol. And I guess there are things that seem okay too. I don't even know ... just the fact that it's split by gender is fucked up IMO. .... or...  am I being punk'd by the internet??? I still can't believe this is real... Part of it is how it's filmed. The cuts are too tight and personal. It seems too well-filmed for a documentary. But as far as I can tell, it's real. :fearful:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Rampart. Woody Harrelson. A bit slow for a cop movie. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,590
    The Night of the 12th 2022 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

• Options