Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    edited July 2023

Also, Rebecca Ferguson is awesome.
    Well, you know… Sweden
    I do know! 😉 She’s great. Need to get on this Apple+ show, Silo. I loved those books and I hear the show is good. And she’s the star!

I did really enjoy the Alien ripoff, Life, she did with Gyllenhall. That was better than I thought.

Being the King fan I am, I was pleased with Dr. Sleep as well. The book was good, but the movie much improved on it.
  • Options
    Crazy Rich Asians

FINALLY got around to watching this.  What a funny movie.  Heard the plot before but still enjoyed it.
    Great cast in this one. Enjoyed it as well.

You should give some of the MI movies a shot. Skip number two. You get a great Philip Seymour Hoffman villain turn in number 3. And as I mentioned before, Rebecca Ferguson is pretty awesome in 6 and 7.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Into The Spider-verse. very well done. Guess now it's onto Across. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Crazy Rich Asians

FINALLY got around to watching this.  What a funny movie.  Heard the plot before but still enjoyed it.

You should give some of the MI movies a shot. Skip number two. You get a great Philip Seymour Hoffman villain turn in number 3. And as I mentioned before, Rebecca Ferguson is pretty awesome in 6 and 7.
    The first one was sooo over the top I couldn't stand it.  I thought it was trying to be the Matrix.

If I see 3 out I 'll try.
  • Options
    All Things Must Pass :Tower Records story.

This was a huge eye opener.  What an interesting watch.  To think that the Japan stores that the bank made them sell are still operational today.  Just goes to show you that the banks don't know what they were doing...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023

I did really enjoy the Alien ripoff, Life, she did with Gyllenhall. That was better than I thought.

(Swedish director)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

(Swedish director)
    Really? Nice. Again, I thought it was pretty well done. Great cast and scary creature. Twist ending is a doozy/downer, but fit with the tone of the movie.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Crazy Rich Asians

The first one was sooo over the top I couldn't stand it.  I thought it was trying to be the Matrix.

Are you thinking of II? The first movie came out several years before the Matrix. Second one sucked and I can definitely see why you didn't like it. Woo ruined it with his over the top action sequences. The only thing good about II was the soundtrack.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Crazy Rich Asians

Are you thinking of II? The first movie came out several years before the Matrix. Second one sucked and I can definitely see why you didn't like it. Woo ruined it with his over the top action sequences. The only thing good about II was the soundtrack.
    That has to be it then.  I know Matrix was out when I saw this film so maybe it was 2 and since you said it stunk that might be it.  

Yes, over the top is a very good definition for what I saw, lol!
  • Options
    Crazy Rich Asians

Are you sure you didn't watch part 2 with the Limp Bizkit soundtrack?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought earlier that didn’t describe the first one, but then wasn’t sure. Everyone can a have different opinion of over the top.  Definitely sounds like the second one. 
  • Options

• Options
    MISSION IMPOSSIBLE with mom and sister on Saturday. Need to book table at some restaurant. Cinema is in a tricky area restaurant-wise. 

OPPENHEIMER on 35mm on July 21 (My city's cinema sold their 70mm projectors, from the good ol' Hateful Eight/Murder on the Orientexpress/Dunkirk days)
  • Options
    Nice! Seeing Mission Impossible this Thursday.

Have to go a second time with son when he’s back from camp.

Need to book our Barbie/Oppenheimer double feature for the opening weekend.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I don't go two movies twice in the theatre. Except for Terminator 2. I try to watch that one every chance I get, when they show it.

I might catch Barbie on the 22nd. I think it will be less amazing than people are meming it up to be.

I think Oppenheimer will be as stiff and lifeless as most Nolan-films.
  • Options

I don't go two movies twice in the theatre. Except for Terminator 2. I try to watch that one every chance I get, when they show it.

I might catch Barbie on the 22nd. I think it will be less amazing than people are meming it up to be.

I'm not seeing the allure of watching Barbie?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Seeing mission impossible tonight in imax

hopefully get home for last few innings of all star game 
  • Options

I thought a Barbie movie would be ridiculous. Greta Gerwig is directing so I’m cautiously optimistic. Also, I have AMC A list, so it’s kind of “free.”

I normally don’t go twice to movies. But again, my tickets are free, so no loss there. So is out of town and my movie buddy wants to go Thursday. So I’ll hit it up again when he comes back.
  • Options

I thought a Barbie movie would be ridiculous. Greta Gerwig is directing so I’m cautiously optimistic. Also, I have AMC A list, so it’s kind of “free.”

I normally don’t go twice to movies. But again, my tickets are free, so no loss there. So is out of town and my movie buddy wants to go Thursday. So I’ll hit it up again when he comes back.
    im saving $24 on tonights movie, AMC Tuesdays..BOGO
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Suicide squad, sure.  Barbie?  No.

I just can't, lol.  I've still never watched the Flintstones because it looked silly...
  • Options
    Poncier said:

• Options
    Poncier said:

lol, all u my man.  Love him as an actor but not my bag.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited July 2023
    A Night To Remember, the Titanic film from 1958. It's available for free on YouTube. I've been on a bit of a Titanic kick following that OceanGate disaster. Rewatched Cameron's film for the umpteenth time, and then watched this for the second time. Really, really good for being made in 1958, and obviously influential on Cameron's film.....

https://youtu.be/XIQR2-iLMkU
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Poncier said:

lol, all u my man.  Love him as an actor but not my bag.
    But he’s got such Kenergy! 😆 
  • Options
    Wait I forgot Michael Cera is in Barbie! CERENERGY
  • Options
    Wait I forgot Michael Cera is in Barbie! CERENERGY
    Well played!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning pt 1

well done summer action movie....only complaint would be, knowing its a 2 part or maybe more film....you can feel the ceiling in the 3rd act approaching where it kind of runs out of room and has to slow down a bit for the next one if that makes any sense.....