Options

'I'm Seeing Someone'

Comments

• Options
    genie wrote:
    yes, speaking theoretically. but from scientific point of view, once a woman had sex with a guy something in her brain changes slightly and she becomes more attached would want to have sex with that same guy. go and research it, i know i'm not talking shit. or just ask Ahnimus, i'm sure he knows.

i would give you a link where i've read it, but i haven't got it and i haven't got time to find anything simillar, shit....i need to do my work.
    but that's 'women in general'. There are plenty of women who can have sex without becoming emotionally attached.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Well thank you! I've never been called that, people just kinda say 'dang' when I tell them all that has happened...because they can't believe I'm not super fucked up in the head. Don't get me wrong, it bothers me, but there's nothing I can do.

So I have an update on the dating at work thing.....need you guys. hehe.

So I get a text on Thanksgiving wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving from her, I replied and said that no matter what, she was someone I was thankful for this year. Then I said, 'One time you asked me to dl a song from you to me, so I have one for you on this day'. And I asked her to dl "Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters' by Elton John. (Almost Famous reference anyone?) :D

Last Friday, she saw me come in, went over to me smiling, and asked how my Thanksgiving went. I simply said, 'You know how it is when you see someone you haven't seen in a while, you forget how much they mean to you.....Like family. I forgot how much they mean to me, ya know?" And she just kinda looked at me and smiled. I get my stuff and walk to my car, she was of course by the mural guy watching him paint, but halfway to my car I hear 'Hey!'. I turn around and there she is, I asked what was up, and she simply said that she wanted to know if she could get a hug from me. (Mind you, I haven't hugged her since this whole debacle weeks ago) I said, sure. And it felt great, but shitty once I left.

Then, just Monday, she saw me come in again, went out of her way to find me and actually came up behind me and messed with me....I've made the decision to be 'that guy' I was before we went out in an attempt to put this behind me. I won't hate her, I won't call her out....whatever. So I'm joking around, and she's laughing, and I said I had to go, and as she said bye she brushed my hand and lightly squeezed it. She hasn't done that since we were going out.....then, wait for it.........she called me later that night. I let it ring till voicemail, but she didn't leave one, so I would call her back. Like a jackass, I did just to show no weakness on my part. She called just to see how I was doing, I played it off telling her funny stories. She even texted me a picture of her new cat....But there it is, she's going out of her way to get my attention. All I did was have her dl a song, and now she's acting the way she did before we went out in a way.

I don't know whether to be embolded, or saddened. I suppose I'll just play it neutral. But I won't be going out of my way to say hello. She can, and she can call if she wants....but I don't let feeling blind me to what has happened.

Maybe the grass isn't so green on the other side....and I bet she just misses the things I bring to the table that Mr. I Paint Murals but have a personality as dry as the paint on the wall new guy. I'm a maestro with words, and shoot off like my hero Vinny Vaughn on a good day with the rants. And yeah, they're damn funny too!

ps. The Mural kinda looks like shit now. Instead of using a grid to exponentially increase the size of the drawing on a regular 8x11 paper and simply blowing it up to larger size, this idiot got the dimensions wrong by eyeballing it and now there's buildings and trees sticking out of the box that was originally meant to contain the picture (10ftx10ft)

pss. Yeah, I can actually do what the 'new guy' can. She just doesn't know it because I never told her, and I'm a studying graphic illustrator, and I play a mean RVM on guitar.

Can you tell I have no problem at this point in the confidence dept? hehe. :D

Okay, so I read some of this and you wonder why she fucks other guys? Maestro, Vince Vaughn? Glad you find yourself so funny, but chicks don't dig dudes who jerk it to themselves in the mirror ;)....and what do you know about what the other guy 'brings to the table?' Maybe the fucker is hung like a beast, but does lack certain desirable character traits, as you suggested..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    but that's 'women in general'. There are plenty of women who can have sex without becoming emotionally attached.

"women in general" means from "scientific point of view" then yes i agree
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    "women in general" means from "scientific point of view" then yes i agree
    No, I think it means it's more of a female trait than a male one which is true... women are MORE LIKELY to become emotionally attached than men but I still don't think this means most women... not of my generation anyway
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    The Champ wrote:
    Okay, so I read some of this and you wonder why she fucks other guys? Maestro, Vince Vaughn? Glad you find yourself so funny, but chicks don't dig dudes who jerk it to themselves in the mirror ;)....and what do you know about what the other guy 'brings to the table?' Maybe the fucker is hung like a beast, but does lack certain desirable character traits, as you suggested..

This is so true – honestly you can sit and stew about the ‘new guy’ but it really won’t do you good. We all have been there…just be confident in who you are and not who the ‘new guy’ is. Honestly girls are attracted to guys with confidence. A confident guy wouldn’t try to differentiate himself from a ‘new guy’. He just knows he is a stronger individual. Easier said than done, and I know your confidence gets hurt after a break up. It just takes time.
    I just keep moving on....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    bostonlou wrote:
    sorry to hear you suck in bed

she was looking for a better offer

but you weren't it

like snoop says

bitches ain't shit but ho's and tricks

move on my friend

who are you? you're comments always seem abrasive, even when you might be joking. people get away with too much online.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    who are you? you're comments always seem abrasive, even when you might be joking. people get away with too much online.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll have to worry about his comments anymore..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    lksammkt wrote:
    This is so true – honestly you can sit and stew about the ‘new guy’ but it really won’t do you good. We all have been there…just be confident in who you are and not who the ‘new guy’ is. Honestly girls are attracted to guys with confidence. A confident guy wouldn’t try to differentiate himself from a ‘new guy’. He just knows he is a stronger individual. Easier said than done, and I know your confidence gets hurt after a break up. It just takes time.

I think you hit the nail right on the head....I HAVE to make myself be uber-confident moreso than usual. I have to make sure I don't fall into any holes that I'm going to have trouble digging myself out of. That's the problem with work related relationships....if they don't work, there's no hiding. You HAVE to see them. Therefore, if I come off as being full of myself right now, you can't really blame me for highlighting my better aspects...the ego is still hurt, no matter how much I push it. And I'll be a major dick if I just brush her off at every turn..damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't mean to come off like that. But the truth is, just last Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving, I had some girl all over me at a bar. I couldn't take her anywhere as I was pretty damn drunk, and that got me feeding into my ego a bit, I needed that.And I will call that girl this weekend to get me going. I'd be crazy not to. BUT, you get a dose of reality every day when you put yourself in the situtation I have. DONT DO IT! Because, like soulsinging said earlier in this thread, it can fuck you up majorly and before you know it, you're looking for another job to escape it...fuck that.
  • Options
    im with her. im glad you feel confident but your play-by-play of every move she made and how superior you are to the other guy sounds like a pep talk... more like trying to convince yourself she might wise up and come back. she won't. helen's right, you're being used. she likes the attention you give her (the being thankful for her at thanksgiving sort of thing has got to stop, do that again and ill kick your ass!) and now she knows that despite her sticking it to you, you're going to keep taking it like a devoted puppy dog and whisper sweet nothings that feed her ego. so she'll keep flirting with you cos it's fun and feels good, and she'll keep you on deck just in case nobody else works out.

It's not that I want her to wise up.....it's the goddamn part of me that wants to know wtf happened. And I know it's too late now, she's definitely passed it.

I agree with the ass kicking comment...despite that, am I doing the right thing? Just being myself again? I can't avoid her man, just can't. She's always there....I guess the best I can do is to steer from any conversation that might lead to a helping of her ego.
  • Options
    lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    I think you hit the nail right on the head....I HAVE to make myself be uber-confident moreso than usual. I have to make sure I don't fall into any holes that I'm going to have trouble digging myself out of. That's the problem with work related relationships....if they don't work, there's no hiding. You HAVE to see them. Therefore, if I come off as being full of myself right now, you can't really blame me for highlighting my better aspects...the ego is still hurt, no matter how much I push it. And I'll be a major dick if I just brush her off at every turn..damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't mean to come off like that. But the truth is, just last Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving, I had some girl all over me at a bar. I couldn't take her anywhere as I was pretty damn drunk, and that got me feeding into my ego a bit, I needed that.And I will call that girl this weekend to get me going. I'd be crazy not to. BUT, you get a dose of reality every day when you put yourself in the situtation I have. DONT DO IT! Because, like soulsinging said earlier in this thread, it can fuck you up majorly and before you know it, you're looking for another job to escape it...fuck that.

Honestly, I have been there. Exactly there. I was in probably the heaviest relationship of my life with a guy I worked with. Note to self: DON'T DATE ANYONE THAT YOU WORK WITH. It was hard - I hear you, you think every moment of your working day is effected by that person. It's not..and honestly you can be a dick to this girl. You don't have to be her friend. If you let her back in you are saying, "Yes you can treat me like shit - and I will take you back." That there oozes lack of confidence.

Instead - yes go on dates, go to the gym, hang with your friends - because all of this will keep you busy and not thinking of that prior relationship.

It just takes time and you will look back on this situation and be a better stronger person for it. That there will help in your confidence.
    I just keep moving on....
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    It's not that I want her to wise up.....it's the goddamn part of me that wants to know wtf happened. And I know it's too late now, she's definitely passed it.

I agree with the ass kicking comment...despite that, am I doing the right thing? Just being myself again? I can't avoid her man, just can't. She's always there....I guess the best I can do is to steer from any conversation that might lead to a helping of her ego.

you don't have to be a dick. you just need to never again say something like:

"no matter what, she was someone I was thankful for this year"
    ask her to download songs for you
    call her back to speak to her outside of work
    etc.
  • Options

absolutely my ex did just that to me. and then spread her legs for some other dude 2 weeks after she said she loved me...
  • Options
    Why do people who you've been going out with for a month or two suddenly pull this on you? Isn't it a very inconsiderate thing to do after they dangle you along for that 1-2 months?

Happened to me today and crushed me. She couldn't even do it in person, had to be in text format.

Jerry: You know there is always the possibility, that she called an audible.

George: What do you mean?

Jerry: Well she got up to the line of scrimmage, didn’t like the looks of the defense and changed the play.

(a few lines later)

George: So you don't think she really has a boyfriend?

Jerry: My honest opinion, I think she made it up.

George: Well then she's just a Liar, Isn't she?!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Why do people who you've been going out with for a month or two suddenly pull this on you? Isn't it a very inconsiderate thing to do after they dangle you along for that 1-2 months?

Happened to me today and crushed me. She couldn't even do it in person, had to be in text format.

My fault in a way, broke my own rules a) Went out with someone I work with.....don't shit where you eat right?

That bad thing is that this came out of nowhere, everything is going great....then, no return calls, no return texts, avoiding me at work. The well suddenly just dried up. I guess she'll learn her lesson in time. The bad thing is that we work together, and will run into each other. The thing that might be even worse, is that I'm pretty sure the guy she's seeing now also works with us...And here I thought I had someone I could care for, for the first time in a long time. :(

i just dealt with a similar situation a couple months ago. everything was fine...we were hanging out whenever we could, once or twice a week. he came to visit from orlando one night...i made dinner...he stayed over...then in the middle of the night he woke up and said he was going home?!

confusing. then he just stopped calling/texting and was obviously avoiding me when i would see him out at shows.

don't know what happened or why....i think it had to do with the fact that i wouldn't sleep with him?! just wasn't ready to do that.

i eventually realized that i can't dwell too much on what is going through other people's minds....i have to move on with my life. it wasn't meant to be. his loss...though trying to prolong the inevitable would be a waste of time. and i'm a big fan of not wasting anyone's time when it comes to dating/relationships. if you are interested in a relationship...awesome. just want to hook up...fantastic. just be up front. adults should be able to handle that sort of information. i just like to get an idea of how emotionally involved i can allow myself to be...if that makes any sense?!

getting out there and doing other things that interest you will help things. everything happens for a reason...just try and learn from this situation.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    if you are interested in a relationship...awesome. just want to hook up...fantastic. just be up front. adults should be able to handle that sort of information. i just like to get an idea of how emotionally involved i can allow myself to be...if that makes any sense?!

im a bit curious about this statement. since you said you wouldnt sleep with this dude. are you ok with "just hooking up"? cos that seems kinda backwards to me to be willing to sleep with people casually but unwilling to sleep with a guy you honestly like. is that like a playing hard to get tactic?
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    im a bit curious about this statement. since you said you wouldnt sleep with this dude. are you ok with "just hooking up"? cos that seems kinda backwards to me to be willing to sleep with people casually but unwilling to sleep with a guy you honestly like. is that like a playing hard to get tactic?

Seems to me she is saying that if the guy only wanted to hook up thats fine, he should of just been honest with her so she could of said thats not for her and he can find some chick that wants that as well.
  • Options
    maybe i should clarify a bit...i misspeak quite often. i combined two different thoughts together.

in the situation with this guy...it wasn't a casual hook-up kinda thing by any means, i thought we were trying to work out a relationship. then the abrupt end to things. in hindsight, i may have been playing hard to get...though not intentionally. i've realized the error on my part...lack of communication!!

i don't just "hook up" with guys. but if i someday decided to...i was simply stating that...if everyone is upfront about their intentions from the beginning, it could save a lot of confusion and hurt feelings in the end. it didn't really pertain directly to the guy i was talking about.

i'm going to shut up now...hope that cleared up my statement a bit.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:

if everyone is upfront about their intentions from the beginning, it could save a lot of confusion and hurt feelings in the end.

amen maybe thats why i was so fucked up about everything. i put more into the relationship i was in, and apparently my girlfriend just consdered me another guy she seeing and sleeping with.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    maybe i should clarify a bit...i misspeak quite often. i combined two different thoughts together.

in the situation with this guy...it wasn't a casual hook-up kinda thing by any means, i thought we were trying to work out a relationship. then the abrupt end to things. in hindsight, i may have been playing hard to get...though not intentionally. i've realized the error on my part...lack of communication!!

i don't just "hook up" with guys. but if i someday decided to...i was simply stating that...if everyone is upfront about their intentions from the beginning, it could save a lot of confusion and hurt feelings in the end. it didn't really pertain directly to the guy i was talking about.

i'm going to shut up now...hope that cleared up my statement a bit.

gotcha. i was just curious, cos i do know some women who do that. they will happily sleep with strangers or do friends with benefits, but if they truly like a guy, they won't sleep with him for a while. that just makes no sense to me is all.
  • Options
    gotcha. i was just curious, cos i do know some women who do that. they will happily sleep with strangers or do friends with benefits, but if they truly like a guy, they won't sleep with him for a while. that just makes no sense to me is all.
    that doesn't make much sense at all?!

maybe once there's feelings involved for someone they don't want to come across as a "slutty"...for lack of a better word. some people have a time line of when it is acceptable to sleep with someone you're dating. with strangers and such, maybe they feel they can remain detached from the situation and a timeline wouldn't matter?! it's just them filling a sexual need/desire.

who knows...we're weird sometimes :)
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    that doesn't make much sense at all?!

maybe once there's feelings involved for someone they don't want to come across as a "slutty"...for lack of a better word. some people have a time line of when it is acceptable to sleep with someone you're dating. with strangers and such, maybe they feel they can remain detached from the situation and a timeline wouldn't matter?! it's just them filling a sexual need/desire.

who knows...we're weird sometimes :)

i imagine that is what they are thinking, but i dont get why they are then upset when their bf feels insecure or jealous about it.
  • Options
    i imagine that is what they are thinking, but i dont get why they are then upset when their bf feels insecure or jealous about it.
    insecure about them not sleeping with him? that doesn't make sense for the girl to get upset about that...and seems a little selfish. maybe they don't realize how holding out can affect the guy's ego...if that makes any sense?! what do i know really....i haven't had a boyfriend in forever.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    insecure about them not sleeping with him? that doesn't make sense for the girl to get upset about that...and seems a little selfish. maybe they don't realize how holding out can affect the guy's ego...if that makes any sense?! what do i know really....i haven't had a boyfriend in forever.

exactly. i know it would bother me to have a girlfriend who wouldn't sleep with me but who i found out had slept with other guys very casually in the past. i know i wouldn't be able to wonder about why she couldn't resist him but finds it so easy to put me off, even if that wasn't really the case.
  • Options
    exactly. i know it would bother me to have a girlfriend who wouldn't sleep with me but who i found out had slept with other guys very casually in the past. i know i wouldn't be able to wonder about why she couldn't resist him but finds it so easy to put me off, even if that wasn't really the case.
    yeah. i guess it's just one of those things that you have to talk through...get to really understand the other person's thought process. work it out from there.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    yeah. i guess it's just one of those things that you have to talk through...get to really understand the other person's thought process. work it out from there.

given my past experience and general cynicism towards relationships, i don't think there would be any talking it out for me. i'd be gone.
  • Options
    given my past experience and general cynicism towards relationships, i don't think there would be any talking it out for me. i'd be gone.
    i'm very cautious when it comes to relationships...it sucks when one person can screw it all up for you. i think i'm finally in a really good spot...almost 8 years later :eek: it took me forever to realize that not everyone is going to be that same way...and that i should give things a chance and see what happens. and to not overanalyze things!
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    No, I think it means it's more of a female trait than a male one which is true... women are MORE LIKELY to become emotionally attached than men but I still don't think this means most women... not of my generation anyway

i was simply quoting what scientists said about women and how their bodies & mind work. i am fully aware that there is a precentage of women who don't get emotionally attached.
  • Options

My fault in a way, broke my own rules a) Went out with someone I work with.....don't shit where you eat right?

That bad thing is that this came out of nowhere, everything is going great....then, no return calls, no return texts, avoiding me at work. The well suddenly just dried up. I guess she'll learn her lesson in time. The bad thing is that we work together, and will run into each other. The thing that might be even worse, is that I'm pretty sure the guy she's seeing now also works with us...And here I thought I had someone I could care for, for the first time in a long time. :(

Yeah, I never learn to not mess around with people at work. It gets so awkward when it doesn't work out.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i'm very cautious when it comes to relationships...it sucks when one person can screw it all up for you. i think i'm finally in a really good spot...almost 8 years later :eek: it took me forever to realize that not everyone is going to be that same way...and that i should give things a chance and see what happens. and to not overanalyze things!

8 years eh? that makes me feel better about still being fucked up 2 years later.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    no, im saying they're pussies and liars and pieces of shit. any guy who claims to be a "nice guy" is lying and full of shit.
    I'm a nice guy :D