Options

'I'm Seeing Someone'

SoapMakesUTallerSoapMakesUTaller Posts: 230
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Why do people who you've been going out with for a month or two suddenly pull this on you? Isn't it a very inconsiderate thing to do after they dangle you along for that 1-2 months?

Happened to me today and crushed me. She couldn't even do it in person, had to be in text format.

My fault in a way, broke my own rules a) Went out with someone I work with.....don't shit where you eat right?

That bad thing is that this came out of nowhere, everything is going great....then, no return calls, no return texts, avoiding me at work. The well suddenly just dried up. I guess she'll learn her lesson in time. The bad thing is that we work together, and will run into each other. The thing that might be even worse, is that I'm pretty sure the guy she's seeing now also works with us...And here I thought I had someone I could care for, for the first time in a long time. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sorry about that....the best way to forget is to keep busy

also, try to avoid her at work, try not to look at her and stuff like that.....soon you'll forget you ever had feelings about her....
  • Options
    sorry about that....the best way to forget is to keep busy

also, try to avoid her at work, try not to look at her and stuff like that.....soon you'll forget you ever had feelings about her....

Thanks. I will. The part that pisses me now that my mind is straight (this happened around noon) is that she totally gave me a false sense of security....'We should go here, we should do that' as early as last week.

I guess the guy she really had her eyes on finally asked her out, and nothing, or anyone, was standing in her way. Total disregard for how I felt....I mean, I texted 'Want to have lunch later this week?' and I get this as a response.
    Hey You! Awww I'm actually starting to see someone now...thanks though!

News to me......I guess I had it all wrong from the beginning.....Bitch.

Where's SoulSinging? He always has the best advice!
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    sorry to hear you suck in bed

she was looking for a better offer

but you weren't it

like snoop says

bitches ain't shit but ho's and tricks

move on my friend
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Hey You! Awww I'm actually starting to see someone now...thanks though!

wow! what a clueless bitch.....sorry for ya, man.....:(
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear your heartache.

Her response to you though, doesn't give me the impression you had a relationship going. At least not in her mind. It sounds as though she had you in the "friend" category. Were you living together? Sleeping together? In what ways were you "dating"?
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    sorry to hear you suck in bed

she was looking for a better offer

but you weren't it

like snoop says

bitches ain't shit but ho's and tricks

move on my friend

First off fuck off, secondly, I agree with the last part of your post.
  • Options
    dude i hear ya loud and clear.

girls are such a drag.

life sucks sometimes.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Nice chick. :rolleyes: Seriously, what an inconsiderate, thoughtless thing to say to someone who think might be interested.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    This whole texting thing is such a fuckin cop out

Damn technology !

In my day the girl would at least have her friend tell ya ;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

Damn technology !

LMAO!! So so true!!! :D

• Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    First off fuck off, secondly, I agree with the last part of your post.

sorry you can't deal with reality

it was only a month

put on your big girl panties and move on :)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

oh god. i did that when i was 10.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Why do people who you've been going out with for a month or two suddenly pull this on you? Isn't it a very inconsiderate thing to do after they dangle you along for that 1-2 months?

Happened to me today and crushed me. She couldn't even do it in person, had to be in text format.

My fault in a way, broke my own rules a) Went out with someone I work with.....don't shit where you eat right?

That bad thing is that this came out of nowhere, everything is going great....then, no return calls, no return texts, avoiding me at work. The well suddenly just dried up. I guess she'll learn her lesson in time. The bad thing is that we work together, and will run into each other. The thing that might be even worse, is that I'm pretty sure the guy she's seeing now also works with us...And here I thought I had someone I could care for, for the first time in a long time. :(

what lesson will she learn?

this is nothing new these days. i have several friends happy to date a couple people at the same. they'll go out with anyone a few times to see how it goes and don't close any doors until they find someone they really like and connect with. it's nothing personal. she just felt it more with the other dude. sucks for you, but it happens.

also, women at that age do not want to be cared for. they want to have fun. they're young, they're hot, they're professional, they're on the verge of exciting new things in their lives, and they want a man to wine and dine them and fuck their brains out. not someone to be all wilty and mopey and lovey dovey caring.

the text thing sucks though. but you invited it by texting to to have lunch. if you're going to ask her out by text, she can reject you by text.
  • Options
    oh god. i did that when i was 10.

See its true :p

• Options
    LMAO!! So so true!!! :D

Know anyone who has done that ?

:D

• Options
    Know anyone who has done that ?

:D

Nope. No one.

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    If only soap made your dick longer, you might still be banging this chick..Oh well, you'll be alright..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809

Damn technology !

ha yeah, then you'd meet the friend at a party the following weekend & hookup :D:cool:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    If only soap made your dick longer, you might still be banging this chick..Oh well, you'll be alright..

This is Bob...

http://www.enzyte.com/

• Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    Pretty cold and inconsiderate of her. I was in a relationship with someone I worked with for 6 years then we divorced. Worked together 2 years after that - it was hard but as time passes it got easier. Seems to me she doesn't deserve you.

I just asked a guy out to dinner from work that seemed interested in me. I got the "uncomfortable going out to dinner alone with a co-worker". Wow, did I feel foolish - then I cried (not at work) and then thought, oh well at least I tried.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    ...And here I thought I had someone I could care for, for the first time in a long time. :(

That's what sucks the most...because you cared for her so much obviously. Sad you have to experience this.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    ha yeah, then you'd meet the friend at a party the following weekend & hookup :D:cool:

Exactly !

Then the original girl would get mad at her friend because she hooked up with the sam guy

Drama

• Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Exactly !

Then the original girl would get mad at her friend because she hooked up with the sam guy

Drama
    and then all you can think about is........'threesome!!'

Ahhhh....i miss high school :o
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options

That shit doesn't work..'Extends' is the way to go..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    That shit doesn't work..'Extends' is the way to go..

Past experience ?

It's actually ExtenZe from what I hear....

• Options
    Past experience ?

It's actually ExtenZe from what I hear....

Hey, I took a stab at the name. Looks like I missed, but you had no problem correcting it ;)...oh and no I don't have experience with this product specifically, I actually used 'Longitude.' It did make my penis longer, but the two tablets under the skin also made it look quite weird..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    The Champ wrote:
    Hey, I took a stab at the name. Looks like I missed, but you had no problem correcting it ;)...oh and no I don't have experience with this product specifically, I actually used 'Longitude.' It did make my penis longer, but the two tablets under the skin also made it look quite weird..

horse tablets?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509

this is nothing new these days. i have several friends happy to date a couple people at the same. they'll go out with anyone a few times to see how it goes and don't close any doors until they find someone they really like and connect with. it's nothing personal. she just felt it more with the other dude. sucks for you, but it happens.

Exactly, this happens alot, people "date" various people until they find one they like. This girl's mistake was seeing someone she works with, she knew what she was doing, thats why she started ignoring you. Its best to move on and realize this chick will probably be one of those girls a few years down the road bitching about how she can't meet a nice guy.
  • Options
    awww I'm really sorry to hear about this. What a bitch! That's just immature and downright fucking ignorant and you've every right to be annoyed.

That kinda happened me once. There was a guy I worked with and we got on brilliantly... used to tell eachother quite a bit and would spend a lot of time together. I did kinda fancy him but didn't really want anything to happen. I got moved to another site. A guy there told me that he had started seeing somebody and I was actually really happy for him cos he was a lovely guy and had been treated like shit. I was leaving the company a couple of months later and called him up to ask him to my leaving drinks and he replied 'oh, I'm actually going out with someone now' :eek: thankfully I was able to say 'yeh I know. Daniel told me, that's great, so are ya able to come?' and he made some excuse but I felt like shit. I actually considered him to be a friend :( but that's the worst part is when you lose the friendship and they don't seem to give it a second thought like the friendship didn't matter at all in the first place.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222

she was checking out the pond, and you thought you were meant to be.

next time don't get attached to someone easily, hold yourself back, keep it in and no i don't mean penis ;) i mean emotions :)

don't let your guard down so soon :) but whilst with that "someone" make sure you enjoy your every moment and yes fuck her brains out whilst you can :D